Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 13, 2024, 12:20:52 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228582 Posts in 43275 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  The CD release date rumor / speculation thread
Pages: 1 ... 202 203 [204] 205 206 ... 374 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The CD release date rumor / speculation thread  (Read 658920 times)
kyrie
Legend

Eden has enough to go around

« Reply #4060 on: November 26, 2006, 06:21:27 PM »

You can definitely expect more tour dates. There's ample evidence to suggest that there will be at the very least South American, Australian, and possibly more European dates.

I'd also suggest they do Japan again (they did two nights headlining SummerSonic in 2002). Then swing back to North America. And somewhere between now (hopefully soon) and then, there needs to be a product.
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #4061 on: November 26, 2006, 06:31:37 PM »

You can definitely expect more tour dates. There's ample evidence to suggest that there will be at the very least South American, Australian, and possibly more European dates.

more tour dates with the same setlist.....? You get where I am going with this.....

I really expected the album to be coordinated with the US tour, color me Amer-o-centric.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #4062 on: November 26, 2006, 06:34:19 PM »

That is backed up by Axls comments of legal problems being the reason for the silence after the '02 thing.

There may have been legal issues but in way or form do I think that was the sole reason for FOUR years of silence.

I don't know if you read my breakdown of the whole CD ride earlier in this thread, but I think I made some sense out of it.

Ah, mere infantry. Poor beggars.

GN'R Tour Overview 1984-2007
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #4063 on: November 26, 2006, 06:35:56 PM »

That is backed up by Axls comments of legal problems being the reason for the silence after the '02 thing.

There may have been legal issues but in way or form do I think that was the sole reason for FOUR years of silence.

I don't know if you read my breakdown of the whole CD ride earlier in this thread, but I think I made some sense out of it.

Could you link me to a page. I don't think I have the time to wade thru 205 pages of upheavals and dreamscapes.

But again, they obviously were not done recording at the time of the riot. Axl's Bucket release makes that abundantly clear. There was never meant to be an album in 2002.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2006, 06:39:11 PM by killingvector » Logged

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #4064 on: November 26, 2006, 06:53:51 PM »

Could you link me to a page. I don't think I have the time to wade thru 205 pages of upheavals and dreamscapes.

But again, they obviously were not done recording at the time of the riot. Axl's Bucket release makes that abundantly clear. There was never meant to be an album in 2002.

Here you go, it's a little long though smoking

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=39598.msg810735#msg810735

jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #4065 on: November 26, 2006, 07:16:00 PM »

There was never meant to be an album in 2002.
"There are a lot of new songs that were just done in the last year that we feel that ?Okay, well that bumps a lot of stuff of the previous list,? but it?s time to stop that now and wrap up the baby.  It feels right, the timing, and a lot of things.  We?ve sorted it down to what songs are on the record.  What the sequence of the songs is.  The album cover art is ready.? ? Axl Rose (August, 2002)

People quote that "soon isn't the word" bullshit, and for some reason always forget other things that were said in that same time frame.

Verasa
Be original.Be yourself
VIP

« Reply #4066 on: November 26, 2006, 07:29:34 PM »

"There are a lot of new songs that were just done in the last year that we feel that ?Okay, well that bumps a lot of stuff of the previous list,? but it?s time to stop that now and wrap up the baby.? It feels right, the timing, and a lot of things.? We?ve sorted it down to what songs are on the record.? What the sequence of the songs is.? The album cover art is ready.? ? Axl Rose (August, 2002)

People quote that "soon isn't the word" bullshit, and for some reason always forget other things that were said in that same time frame.

I remember that article, he did it before getting on a plane or something but was there any audio? just because it is written doesn't mean it's? so
He was all over the place with the record and always has been

5/14/06 Hammerstein Ballroom, NYC
11/12/11 Kansas City, MO
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #4067 on: November 26, 2006, 07:33:53 PM »

"There are a lot of new songs that were just done in the last year that we feel that ?Okay, well that bumps a lot of stuff of the previous list,? but it?s time to stop that now and wrap up the baby.  It feels right, the timing, and a lot of things.  We?ve sorted it down to what songs are on the record.  What the sequence of the songs is.  The album cover art is ready.? ? Axl Rose (August, 2002)

I remember that article, he did it before getting on a plane or something but was there any audio? just because it is written doesn't mean it's  so
He was all over the place with the record and always has been
Gimme a break. Roll Eyes Because its not in audio, its bullshit? Then why is everyone all over Merck's comments about a 2006 release? None of that is in audio. As far as I know, Mysteron has never produced any of his comments in audio either.

killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #4068 on: November 26, 2006, 07:34:58 PM »

There was never intended to be in album in 2002.

For god's sake, the Philly riot occurred in December lol. 

Axl said it would be awhile longer and lo and behold, it has been awhile longer.

I think the project was probably scrapped in early 2000 and begun again after the EOD fiasco.

There is alot of truth in polluxlm's post. Changes in the lineup and an apparent nonsensical need to re record material as the line up changed stretched the project beyond the label's breaking point.

jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #4069 on: November 26, 2006, 07:43:33 PM »

For god's sake, the Philly riot occurred in December lol. 

Axl said it would be awhile longer and lo and behold, it has been awhile longer.

I think the project was probably scrapped in early 2000 and begun again after the EOD fiasco.

There is alot of truth in polluxlm's post. Changes in the lineup and an apparent nonsensical need to re record material as the line up changed stretched the project beyond the label's breaking point.

I agree with most of what you're saying(in other threads as well), but you cant say nothing was planned for 2002. If true, then there was no purpose for what occured in 2002. What in the fuck did Round 1 mean? Why perform part of Madagascar at the VMA's? Why say what I just quoted from Axl if there was no plans for CD? I have always thought CD got rejected in late 2002, and that caused the fiasco.

I also agree with you about CD being scrapped in 2000. From Axl's 2001 interview, sounds like it was rejected in 2001. But in 2006, there cant possibly be a reason for it to stretch into 2007 and beyond. If they rerecord BH's parts, what if BBF leaves next year? Then you have to redo his parts. It'll never stop. At some point, either Axl(or Universal) has to put their foot down and say enough is enough.

Bartlet
Banned
VIP

Here Today...And Back Tommorrow

« Reply #4070 on: November 26, 2006, 07:45:16 PM »

"There are a lot of new songs that were just done in the last year that we feel that ?Okay, well that bumps a lot of stuff of the previous list,? but it?s time to stop that now and wrap up the baby.? It feels right, the timing, and a lot of things.? We?ve sorted it down to what songs are on the record.? What the sequence of the songs is.? The album cover art is ready.? ? Axl Rose (August, 2002)

For god's sake, the Philly riot occurred in December lol.?

We know that Axl said both of these things. So is there really any point us tryong to work out if 2002 was gonna be the year, if even Axl couldnt make his mind up?! Waste o time if you ask me.

I would'nt do that if I were you.
polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #4071 on: November 26, 2006, 07:56:01 PM »

I don't think re-doing parts is really a big issue anymore. I think it has more to do with the label being pissed off. You remember them cutting the funding in 04? And Axl making a big deal with Sanctuary the year after? Obviously connected.

ARC
VIP

DANCE DANCE DANCE DANCE DANCE TO THE RADIO

« Reply #4072 on: November 26, 2006, 08:03:26 PM »

At some point, either Axl(or Universal) has to put their foot down and say enough is enough.

Enough will never be "enough" for Axl Rose. Axl could probably quite happily work on this record for another ten years.

The record company can't do anything about it. What they gonna do - release an unfinished record? No, this record comes when Axl says go and not before.

Whether thats this year, 2007 or 2020 is totally upto Mr Rose.
Ak1nney
Rocker

« Reply #4073 on: November 26, 2006, 09:35:31 PM »

I am pretty sure this thing has to come out SOON. Axl is getting older, so he better get it out and tour and become huge again before he hits that old timers still rocking age. He's almost there now...
Karma_Police
« Reply #4074 on: November 26, 2006, 09:37:31 PM »

It's not coming out this year. We know that now. So now what?
Ak1nney
Rocker

« Reply #4075 on: November 26, 2006, 09:42:51 PM »

I want to rub it in people's faces who are all, "Its not this year, so now what" when the album does come out in December. Odds are, I won't get that chance, but I hope I do.
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #4076 on: November 26, 2006, 09:43:45 PM »

At some point, either Axl(or Universal) has to put their foot down and say enough is enough.

Enough will never be "enough" for Axl Rose. Axl could probably quite happily work on this record for another ten years.

The record company can't do anything about it. What they gonna do - release an unfinished record? No, this record comes when Axl says go and not before.

Whether thats this year, 2007 or 2020 is totally upto Mr Rose.

Rose has supposedly been cut off by the label. He is recording on his own dime now. The label also recouped alot of the seed money with the GH.

At this point, the album cannot lose the label any more money even with a moderately sized promotion campaign. I wonder if the label asked Axl to assume the risk of money lost in promoting the album.

The Chad Cometh
Mike Stewart is God
VIP

Don't think Axl! Makes my dick itch!

« Reply #4077 on: November 26, 2006, 09:46:20 PM »

Don't pretend you're not fucking devastated like the rest of us ...
Hi btw ...  Tongue

I was living to the best of my ability, now I'm living in correctional facility
Robio576
Opening Act

I'm a llama!

« Reply #4078 on: November 26, 2006, 09:50:52 PM »

How do "we" know that?  Has Merck or GNR issued an official statement?

Robio
Naupis
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #4079 on: November 26, 2006, 09:51:52 PM »

It almost doesn't even matter at this point. Even if it comes out Dec 19th it will be a commercial disaster, and the press will eat it alive. We aren't seeing this thing until at least late February, early March if it is really done and ready to be released.
Pages: 1 ... 202 203 [204] 205 206 ... 374 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: