Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 13, 2024, 12:21:26 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228582 Posts in 43275 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  The CD release date rumor / speculation thread
Pages: 1 ... 201 202 [203] 204 205 ... 374 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The CD release date rumor / speculation thread  (Read 658923 times)
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #4040 on: November 26, 2006, 05:01:19 PM »

Alot of nervous fans.

I am no longer wondering about release dates but rather the date of the Del James article or Axl radio interview in  which someone attempts to explain why GnR were unable to make 2006 the year. I would imagine this occurs AFTER the break in the tour or perhap AFTER the US tour itself

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
Lucky
Legend

There are no tuesdays left in 2006 and/or 2007!!!

« Reply #4041 on: November 26, 2006, 05:02:13 PM »

The admin at CD.com. In other words, he's nobody. And I think the reason he's taking a break is because he's getting married. But just to pour some fuel to the fire, the DJ at his wedding is hosting a CD preparty afterwards.

lol.
sladdi is not getting married!
it's BP who's getting married...

typical fan talkin about reunion:  http://img-9gag-fun.9cache.com/photo/axG5B52_460s.jpg
Scabbie
Legend

Time is relative

« Reply #4042 on: November 26, 2006, 05:04:38 PM »

Alot of nervous fans.

I am no longer wondering about release dates but rather the date of the Del James article or Axl radio interview in  which someone attempts to explain why GnR were unable to make 2006 the year. I would imagine this occurs AFTER the break in the tour or perhap AFTER the US tour itself

Interesting to see no further dates have been booked for a 'second leg'. Maybe they're planning some more recording afterwards.   Roll Eyes

Here today...ready to rock
DemocracyRose
« Reply #4043 on: November 26, 2006, 05:05:31 PM »

The admin at CD.com. In other words, he's nobody. And I think the reason he's taking a break is because he's getting married. But just to pour some fuel to the fire, the DJ at his wedding is hosting a CD preparty afterwards.

lol.

I wonder what Mercks comments will be on this one... Tongue hihi
Howard2k
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #4044 on: November 26, 2006, 05:07:08 PM »

Why are Universal's release lists for Dec. 19th/26th and the 1st 2 weeks of January being deleted?? What's the sense in maintaining a false hope if there exists tangible evidence that there will be no CD in '06-beginning of '07?? Mysteron himself said that we would be made aware in advance, so obviously, there is no big secret to conceal.

What?? Did someone post the actual split list?

If 'release books' and 'split lists' are the same thing, then yes.

I don't understand why. Either its coming out or it isn't simple as that.

I suppose the latter option is the harsh reality...What I can't comprehend is why this has to be obscured.?
Those surrounding this board have advocated censorship with the intention of curbing unsubstantiated rumor and hearsay...Yet here is irrefutable proof that CD is not imminent, and yet it gets stifled.

DUMB.

Any one of us can walk into or even call an HMV store to verify.   Removing the lists is stupid.

Please be sure that your topic is on the "allowed" list before posting.

Only 23% of my posts get removed!

What leaks??
ben9785
« Reply #4045 on: November 26, 2006, 05:07:35 PM »

No news by december 1st and '06 is not happening. That's just the way it is.

This week (before Dec.  1st) would be the perfect time to announce the album for a Dec. 19 release  Cheesy. The stress and preparation for/of Thanksgiving will be all but a memory...people will settle down once again (until the Christmas rush). With that said, if we do not get a statement before mid-December, we can look forward to 2007  Undecided Cry.

Management WILL or MUST make a "yes or no" announcement of some kind before the end of the 1st leg of the tour on Dec. 20th. Axl and management have said the album would definitely be released in 2006 countless times. If CD is not released, Axl and co. will be branded GENUINE flakes by the press (and fans?). In addition, tickets for their Summer 2007 U.S. tour will most likely be announced a few months from now and without an album, the tour will not go over well with the press (!!!) AND fans.

Right on, but I just don't think they care. As far as they're concerned, the shows are selling great, people are getting to hear "new music", and that's all. I'm sure they're aware of the backlash from the press and the hardcore fans etc. I know the response of the shows from the crowd are good, but that's only because it's their big night out, letting their hair down, getting away from the reality of life for a few hours and rocking out to their favourite CLASSICS.

Which is all good and fun. But Guns and Roses aren't a nostalgia act. It's positive for the short term with great reviews and ticket sales, but there is no future, no credibility, no depth. People are going to keep calling it Guns n roses karaoke, or the Axl show, or other derogatory statements ultimately to emphasise that its based on the past, and its a rip off, also because the other original songwriters and collaborators aren't even in the band.

Okay, well it's the first part of the '06 CHINESE DEMOCRACY TOUR', they've played a few new songs, fine.. but they can't keep going like this for the rest of the tour. I hope at least they will throw in one or two more songs, (hopefully) as they are more clear on a final release date. And you know what? Once the album comes out, that's it. I hope they leave the past and cut out the majority of the old songs and leave them new to prove this is the NEW GUNS AND ROSES, not Axl and his merry men playing the classics and re-hashing "Appetite for Destruction" which Axl himself said he doesn't want to do. If they genuinely don't care about people's judgement about them now, I hope that they will have the same kind of attitude when the album comes out, and out of respect to the new band members in the future, let the past go. As much as I love the songs, I hope the day will come that they DON'T open with "Welcome to the Jungle". I hope they will cut out the majority of their set with the ABSOLUTE exception of the most popular/well known classic songs, "Sweet Child Of Mine", "It's so Easy", "Paradise City", "Mr Brownstone", "November Rain", "Patience", and maybe the oddity like "Down on the Farm" or "Used to Love Her", just for fun, and leave the rest of the set open to new material so people can hear their favourite classics and have fun but at the same time hear the new material and go "oh wow, i thought "its so easy" was a killer, but did you hear that second song they played??" or "man i'm glad Slash left" or "wow, i'm sorry I ever doubted Axl" or whatever.. that's what I thought years ago before I heard the bootlegs of "Chinese Democracy" or "Madagascar" and the first wave of new songs
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #4046 on: November 26, 2006, 05:09:35 PM »

with this tempo this thread will reach at least 300 pages before the record is out rofl
CAFC Nick
VIP

I don't know just what I should do...

« Reply #4047 on: November 26, 2006, 05:11:06 PM »

lol.

Sladdi knew about the UK tour before it went public. Many weeks in advance.
benchiefjr
« Reply #4048 on: November 26, 2006, 05:12:02 PM »

lol.

REVELATIONS!  Clearly it will happen now because we got the wrong guy
TVC15
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #4049 on: November 26, 2006, 05:21:28 PM »

with this tempo this thread will reach at least 300 pages before the record is out rofl

Of course it will...if you keep posting comments that have nothng to do with the release date  Roll Eyes.

Now, back on topic:

If they don't care now, they will in a few weeks. G N R will not be able to continue with their "Chinese Democracy" without the release of the album. I LOVE the new music and band but I will feel bad (for the band and the fans, ncluding myself) if such a great thing goes down the tube. This could be the biggest comeback of all time (not just financially but MUSICALLY) if management plays their cards right. The end of the string that they have been stringing us along with is about to disintegrate...

Undecided
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #4050 on: November 26, 2006, 05:35:59 PM »

You missed alot of zero's out Cheap John

hopefully not  hihi

Of course it will...if you keep posting comments that have nothng to do with the release date Roll Eyes.

Now, back on topic:

If they don't care now, they will in a few weeks. G N R will not be able to continue with their "Chinese Democracy" without the release of the album. I LOVE the new music and band but I will feel bad (for the band and the fans, ncluding myself) if such a great thing goes down the tube. This could be the biggest comeback of all time (not just financially but MUSICALLY) if management plays their cards right. The end of the string that they have been stringing us along with is about to disintegrate...

Undecided

well since this thread should be about Rumours of the release date and not about nagging that "they don't care" and "it's not realesed yet" i say you out of topic too dude ok
TVC15
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #4051 on: November 26, 2006, 05:39:11 PM »

You missed alot of zero's out Cheap John

hopefully not? hihi

Of course it will...if you keep posting comments that have nothng to do with the release date Roll Eyes.

Now, back on topic:

Undecided

well since this thread should be about Rumours of the release date and not about nagging that "they don't care" and "it's not realesed yet" i say you out of topic too dude ok

But I am discussing the release date...no?

Grin
ben9785
« Reply #4052 on: November 26, 2006, 05:41:24 PM »

In that case I apologize if my posts were unrelated but I felt I could justify since obviously the success/longevity/'authencity' of the tour is based on the album. I guess I wasn't discussing rumours about the release date, rather the results of a release date, or lack thereof. And I don't want to start another topic since every other person would whine and complain about "oh its been discussed elsewhere" or "who cares get a life" blah blah.
guns_n_motley
« Reply #4053 on: November 26, 2006, 05:42:28 PM »

Alot of nervous fans.

I am no longer wondering about release dates but rather the date of the Del James article or Axl radio interview in? which someone attempts to explain why GnR were unable to make 2006 the year. I would imagine this occurs AFTER the break in the tour or perhap AFTER the US tour itself

Interesting to see no further dates have been booked for a 'second leg'. Maybe they're planning some more recording afterwards.? ?Roll Eyes

they already ARE booking dates for the rest of the year... they dont just announce each date as it is booked Roll Eyes ?

Mysteron confirmed that GNR plans to remain active for a ?long time now... Chinese Democracy is on its way... GNR is on tour. im sure they planned to get it out during this US tour, for all I know that still could be the plan, but It will be out...
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #4054 on: November 26, 2006, 05:49:24 PM »

Alot of nervous fans.

Interesting to see no further dates have been booked for a 'second leg'. Maybe they're planning some more recording afterwards.   Roll Eyes

they already ARE booking dates for the rest of the year... they dont just announce each date as it is booked Roll Eyes 

Mysteron confirmed that GNR plans to remain active for a  long time now... Chinese Democracy is on its way... GNR is on tour. im sure they planned to get it out during this US tour, for all I know that still could be the plan, but It will be out...

I am more than happy to be knocked on my ass by the official word. But you can never blame a GnR fan for being skeptical about an album and a band that have done their best impersonation of a desert mirage for the last four years.

Pessimism is a learned behavior. Only something really special can exorcise these feelings.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
guns_n_motley
« Reply #4055 on: November 26, 2006, 05:52:40 PM »

Alot of nervous fans.

I am no longer wondering about release dates but rather the date of the Del James article or Axl radio interview in? which someone attempts to explain why GnR were unable to make 2006 the year. I would imagine this occurs AFTER the break in the tour or perhap AFTER the US tour itself

Interesting to see no further dates have been booked for a 'second leg'. Maybe they're planning some more recording afterwards.? ?Roll Eyes

they already ARE booking dates for the rest of the year... they dont just announce each date as it is booked Roll Eyes?

Mysteron confirmed that GNR plans to remain active for a? long time now... Chinese Democracy is on its way... GNR is on tour. im sure they planned to get it out during this US tour, for all I know that still could be the plan, but It will be out...

I am more than happy to be knocked on my ass by the official word. But you can never blame a GnR fan for being skeptical about an album and a band that have done their best impersonation of a desert mirage for the last four years.

Pessimism is a learned behavior. Only something really special can exorcise these feelings.

I dont see the reason for all the quiet and secrecy... which is why I wouldnt put a Legal holdup out of the question..
polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #4056 on: November 26, 2006, 05:56:30 PM »

That is backed up by Axls comments of legal problems being the reason for the silence after the '02 thing.

Ah, mere infantry. Poor beggars.

GN'R Tour Overview 1984-2007
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #4057 on: November 26, 2006, 06:06:50 PM »

That is backed up by Axls comments of legal problems being the reason for the silence after the '02 thing.

There may have been legal issues but in way or form do I think that was the sole reason for FOUR years of silence.

guns_n_motley
« Reply #4058 on: November 26, 2006, 06:10:33 PM »

There may have been legal issues but in way or form do I think that was the sole reason for FOUR years of silence.

axl said he couldnt talk about it for legal reasons on the trunk show..
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #4059 on: November 26, 2006, 06:12:27 PM »

axl said he couldnt talk about it for legal reasons on the trunk show..

From what I remember, he said that in regards to the Philaldelphia incident and subsequent tour cancellation, not as explanation of what happened since that time.

Pages: 1 ... 201 202 [203] 204 205 ... 374 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: