Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 13, 2024, 02:25:51 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228582 Posts in 43275 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  The CD release date rumor / speculation thread
Pages: 1 ... 200 201 [202] 203 204 ... 374 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The CD release date rumor / speculation thread  (Read 658999 times)
GNFNRAXL
« Reply #4020 on: November 26, 2006, 03:38:02 PM »

havent you figured it out?? the whole "chinese democracy" concept is a joke!? there is no album and it is never coming out!? axl and co.? just make a new song every now and then and leak it onto the net to add fuel to the fire.? just as there will never be a literal "chinese democracy", there will also never be a "chinese democracy" album!? axl is pulling a dirty prank on all of us? Cheesy

but honestly... i dont think the album is coming out this year.? if no new info is discovered in the next 4 days, my suspicion will only be increased.

If we don't hear anything by Friday Dec 1st you can write off 2006.  After that there will be only 18 days till the last possible release date.  As Dec 26th won't happen.  And this time the difference is that we didn't just hear rumours.  Axl himself said it would be released this year.  And I hold him up for that.  And they owe us an explanation this time.  Where I come from, when you say something, you do it. 
oneway23
VIP

I've asphyxiated waiting...

« Reply #4021 on: November 26, 2006, 03:43:00 PM »

Why are Universal's release lists for Dec. 19th/26th and the 1st 2 weeks of January being deleted?  What's the sense in maintaining a false hope if there exists tangible evidence that there will be no CD in '06-beginning of '07?  Mysteron himself said that we would be made aware in advance, so obviously, there is no big secret to conceal.
GNFNRAXL
« Reply #4022 on: November 26, 2006, 03:45:58 PM »

Why are Universal's release lists for Dec. 19th/26th and the 1st 2 weeks of January being deleted?? What's the sense in maintaining a false hope if there exists tangible evidence that there will be no CD in '06-beginning of '07?? Mysteron himself said that we would be made aware in advance, so obviously, there is no big secret to conceal.

It could cause board members to attack the band.  Maybe it can create lies and rumours.  Who knows
oneway23
VIP

« Reply #4023 on: November 26, 2006, 03:47:26 PM »

Why are Universal's release lists for Dec. 19th/26th and the 1st 2 weeks of January being deleted?  What's the sense in maintaining a false hope if there exists tangible evidence that there will be no CD in '06-beginning of '07?  Mysteron himself said that we would be made aware in advance, so obviously, there is no big secret to conceal.

It could cause board members to attack the band.  Maybe it can create lies and rumours.  Who knows

But it is FACTUAL...Right there in vivid color print for all to see...
King Axl
Rocker

4/14/2012. MAKE IT HAPPEN.

« Reply #4024 on: November 26, 2006, 03:59:52 PM »

havent you figured it out?? the whole "chinese democracy" concept is a joke!? there is no album and it is never coming out!? axl and co.? just make a new song every now and then and leak it onto the net to add fuel to the fire.? just as there will never be a literal "chinese democracy", there will also never be a "chinese democracy" album!? axl is pulling a dirty prank on all of us? Cheesy

but honestly... i dont think the album is coming out this year.? if no new info is discovered in the next 4 days, my suspicion will only be increased.

If we don't hear anything by Friday Dec 1st you can write off 2006.? After that there will be only 18 days till the last possible release date.? As Dec 26th won't happen.? And this time the difference is that we didn't just hear rumours.? Axl himself said it would be released this year.? And I hold him up for that.? And they owe us an explanation this time.? Where I come from, when you say something, you do it.?

Yeah, Axl should be grateful that through all the lineup changes and tours that didn't amount to anything because there was 12+ years of not a single new release, that there are still people coming out to see Guns N' Roses. If 'Chinese Democracy' fails to see the light of day before January 1, 2007, he'll lose a lot of credibility from the die-hards, like me. After a decade and a half of unfulfilled promises, enough is enough.

"Something, something, something, DARK SIDE. Something, something, something, COMPLETE".
Howard2k
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #4025 on: November 26, 2006, 04:10:27 PM »

Why are Universal's release lists for Dec. 19th/26th and the 1st 2 weeks of January being deleted?? What's the sense in maintaining a false hope if there exists tangible evidence that there will be no CD in '06-beginning of '07?? Mysteron himself said that we would be made aware in advance, so obviously, there is no big secret to conceal.

What?  Did someone post the actual split list?

Please be sure that your topic is on the "allowed" list before posting.

Only 23% of my posts get removed!

What leaks??
oneway23
VIP

« Reply #4026 on: November 26, 2006, 04:13:09 PM »

Yes, Universal's release lists were posted into the first 2 weeks of '07, but somehow have since managed to vanish.  Needless to say, there was no mention of CD.
Scabbie
Legend

Time is relative

« Reply #4027 on: November 26, 2006, 04:13:22 PM »

If 'release books' and 'split lists' are the same thing, then yes.

I don't understand why. Either its coming out or it isn't simple as that.

Here today...ready to rock
Edrose
Headliner

black sheep are the new dolphins...

« Reply #4028 on: November 26, 2006, 04:13:56 PM »

What?? Did someone post the actual split list?

yep

too bad chinese democracy was nowhere to be seen
oneway23
VIP

« Reply #4029 on: November 26, 2006, 04:18:02 PM »

I suppose the latter option is the harsh reality...What I can't comprehend is why this has to be obscured. 
Those surrounding this board have advocated censorship with the intention of curbing unsubstantiated rumor and hearsay...Yet here is irrefutable proof that CD is not imminent, and yet it gets stifled.
ben9785
« Reply #4030 on: November 26, 2006, 04:26:34 PM »

confused
The little icon sums up my continued feelings towards this album lol

I still have hope, but I'm expecting that it won't come out as well. At the very most, what I am hoping for is a statement or some significance piece of press or promotion directed towards the album, whether it is a statement from Merck, or a interview, or a promo clip, or something..
ben9785
« Reply #4031 on: November 26, 2006, 04:31:39 PM »

The other possibility I'm considering is that Axl and Merck and everybody else involved aren't giving us any details on the status or progress of the album because there is SOMETHING that needs to be resolved, whether that is more recording in the studio, or packaging issues, or copyright issues, or legal issues, or whatever. What I think is that they are trying their absolute best to overcome whatever issues or problems they have in front of them in order to get the album out before the end of the year, but they don't want to promise anything for the aforementioned reasons, and I guess when such a timeframe is set where they conclude that the album CANNOT be delivered under any circumstances before December 31st, then, i HOPE, we will get some sort of statement or comment from somebody, whether that is Jarmo, Mysteron, Merck, Axl, or whoever..
« Last Edit: November 26, 2006, 04:34:31 PM by ben114 » Logged
oneway23
VIP

« Reply #4032 on: November 26, 2006, 04:36:10 PM »

The other possibility I'm considering is that Axl and Merck and everybody else involved aren't giving us any details on the status or progress of the album because there is SOMETHING that needs to be resolved, whether that is more recording in the studio, or packaging issues, or copyright issues, or legal issues, or whatever. What I think is that they are trying their absolute best to overcome whatever issues or problems they have in front of them in order to get the album out before the end of the year, but they don't want to promise anything, and I guess when it gets to a timeframe where the album CANNOT be delivered in reasonable circumstances before December 31st, then, i HOPE, we will get some sort of statement or comment from somebody, whether that is Jarmo, Mysteron, Merck, Axl, or whoever..

The blatant silence leads me to believe that the GNR camp is attempting to distance themselves from the "X number of Tuesdays" remark...Why anyone would make such a public declaration without 100% certainty that everything was etched in stone is beyond me at this point. 

That being said, let's hope beyond hope that your assessment is correct.
Scabbie
Legend

Time is relative

« Reply #4033 on: November 26, 2006, 04:40:21 PM »

I suppose the latter option is the harsh reality...What I can't comprehend is why this has to be obscured. 
Those surrounding this board have advocated censorship with the intention of curbing unsubstantiated rumor and hearsay...Yet here is irrefutable proof that CD is not imminent, and yet it gets stifled.

Well, the lists will be widely circulated soon and then someone's gonna have to speak up.

Merck should have known better to make the 'x number of tuesdays left' comment. Silly thing is I don't think he'll really care.

Here today...ready to rock
oneway23
VIP

« Reply #4034 on: November 26, 2006, 04:44:50 PM »

Well, the lists will be widely circulated soon and then someone's gonna have to speak up.

Merck should have known better to make the 'x number of tuesdays left' comment. Silly thing is I don't think he'll really care.

Any perceived backlash will roll of their backs and the band will soldier on to the beat of their own drum, as they have always done.  I'm not awaiting a statement, but if one does surface, expect the blame to start flying.
ben9785
« Reply #4035 on: November 26, 2006, 04:47:22 PM »

The other possibility I'm considering is that Axl and Merck and everybody else involved aren't giving us any details on the status or progress of the album because there is SOMETHING that needs to be resolved, whether that is more recording in the studio, or packaging issues, or copyright issues, or legal issues, or whatever. What I think is that they are trying their absolute best to overcome whatever issues or problems they have in front of them in order to get the album out before the end of the year, but they don't want to promise anything, and I guess when it gets to a timeframe where the album CANNOT be delivered in reasonable circumstances before December 31st, then, i HOPE, we will get some sort of statement or comment from somebody, whether that is Jarmo, Mysteron, Merck, Axl, or whoever..

The blatant silence leads me to believe that the GNR camp is attempting to distance themselves from the "X number of Tuesdays" remark...Why anyone would make such a public declaration without 100% certainty that everything was etched in stone is beyond me at this point. 

That being said, let's hope beyond hope that your assessment is correct.

Not only that, but Axl himself on multiple occasions saying "the album is coming out this year". Of course, regardless of the never ending hold ups and delays, sometimes there ARE unforseen circumstances regarding legal issues or recording issues or whatever.. Look I know that they don't give a shit about any of us here who are still waiting on the album and counting down the days, they tell us to go live our lives and that waiting is our own voluntarily choice - but considering we are the ones who are ultimately going to blow that album up into the air just by power of word of mouth alone, they should at least respect us and acknowledge our support in return, especially since Axl and Merck have confirmed the album will be released this year

Like I've said before.. I'm sure many MANY fans would be so appreciative and greatful if, at some point - not tomorrow, but preferrably by the end of the year - they gave us an update regarding the progress of the album, where its at, when/if it will be released, as much details as they want to give us. Even just one or two sentences, it would mean alot to the fans. Regardless as to whether it means the album isnt coming out this year or whatever..

Ultimately though, they go according to their own watch and their own rules and guidelines. Who knows what they're thinking.
TVC15
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #4036 on: November 26, 2006, 04:47:33 PM »

No news by december 1st and '06 is not happening. That's just the way it is.

This week (before Dec. ?1st) would be the perfect time to announce the album for a Dec. 19 release ?Cheesy. The stress and preparation for/of Thanksgiving will be all but a memory...people will settle down once again (until the Christmas rush). With that said, if we do not get a statement before mid-December, we can look forward to 2007 ?Undecided Cry.

Management WILL or MUST make a "yes or no" announcement of some kind before the end of the 1st leg of the tour on Dec. 20th. Axl and management have said the album would definitely be released in 2006 countless times. If CD is not released, Axl and co. will be branded GENUINE flakes by the press (and fans?) if they let 2006 pass without some kind a statement. In addition, tickets for their Summer 2007 U.S. tour will most likely be announced a few months from now and without an album, the tour will not go over well with the press (!!!) AND fans.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2006, 04:58:26 PM by TVC15 » Logged
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #4037 on: November 26, 2006, 04:55:13 PM »

fastest growing thread at least this least couple o' days
DemocracyRose
« Reply #4038 on: November 26, 2006, 04:59:53 PM »

Yeah, without a rumor... hihi
hpantazo
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #4039 on: November 26, 2006, 05:00:32 PM »

just goes to show you how much we care and apparently how little management seems to care.
Pages: 1 ... 200 201 [202] 203 204 ... 374 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: