Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 13, 2024, 06:21:08 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228583 Posts in 43276 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  The CD release date rumor / speculation thread
Pages: 1 ... 195 196 [197] 198 199 ... 374 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The CD release date rumor / speculation thread  (Read 659168 times)
ben9785
« Reply #3920 on: November 26, 2006, 02:25:46 AM »

There are so many rumours going around it's impossible to try to imagine what really is happening, even if the real answer is in the midst of thousands of rumours and unconfirmed reports

One source says it is in the process of being manufactured.
Another source says the band have turned the music over to the label.
A different source says that the album is on hold due to legal issues
Then this other source says that they have to reprint the artwork because of copyright.
Yet another source says that it has been pushed back to Spring 2007
One other source says that there is a dispute in regards to the promotion between Axl and the label
A final source says that they are in the studio recording again.

What do you believe?
You can't fucking believe anything. The label and management won't confirm or deny anything either.

It gets frustrating and I personally am starting to get worried especially because we're about to hit December, but at the same time I'm still (DESPERATELY) trying to keep all hope open for by the end of 2006, no matter what the facts are or people expect in terms of the manufacturing/distribution process etc..
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #3921 on: November 26, 2006, 02:29:28 AM »

I don't think GnR has turned over the album to the label yet.  Undecided

If that is true its not coming out this year

Is that simply a lingering feeling you've got vector?  I've had the same feeling for a while now, but I initially assumed that it was because we may have had the same lasagna dinner tonight...Perhaps is it the fact that we agree that Universal still has no completed master in its' possession.

Sal at the Bar mentioned his gut feeling tonight; he has always been a very sensible and optimistic fan of the new band. I embrace this notion simply because the tour appears to be on autopilot with no stirring in sight.  If the band was to issue a release indicating that 2006 was out and no date schedule for 2007, there would no room to run from the rats fleeing the sinking ship. The tour needs this album desparately. At this point, they are simply completing unfinished work left over from 2002.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
oneway23
VIP

I've asphyxiated waiting...

« Reply #3922 on: November 26, 2006, 02:34:36 AM »

I don't think GnR has turned over the album to the label yet.  Undecided

If that is true its not coming out this year

Is that simply a lingering feeling you've got vector?  I've had the same feeling for a while now, but I initially assumed that it was because we may have had the same lasagna dinner tonight...Perhaps is it the fact that we agree that Universal still has no completed master in its' possession.

Sal at the Bar mentioned his gut feeling tonight; he has always been a very sensible and optimistic fan of the new band. I embrace this notion simply because the tour appears to be on autopilot with no stirring in sight.  If the band was to issue a release indicating that 2006 was out and no date schedule for 2007, there would no room to run from the rats fleeing the sinking ship. The tour needs this album desperately. At this point, they are simply completing unfinished work left over from 2002.

That's an interesting point you raise.  As the year wears on, and the possibility of an album release begins to wane, I've begun to feel like this tour has been an ambitious attempt to magically eliminate the 4 year gap that existed between their bursts of activity...There's an overwhelming sense of inertia here.
coldenim
Headliner

Who's gonna save you now

« Reply #3923 on: November 26, 2006, 02:39:58 AM »

They are pulling straight ahead and they would be crazy to stop the train from moving, I dont think we will have to worry about Axl going into hiding again, cliche as it may, we all need just a little patience
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #3924 on: November 26, 2006, 02:43:56 AM »

I am prepared to be completely knocked off my feet by a surprise announcement, but gauging the future by the past history of this band, surprises are usually not ones we savor, usually they are very bad happenings. The tour will roll on but attendence may suffer as the curtain falls on the year.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
Slashead
Banned
VIP

« Reply #3925 on: November 26, 2006, 02:49:06 AM »

we all need just a little patience
So true ! ok

I'll download it !
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #3926 on: November 26, 2006, 02:52:07 AM »

i agree things are lame kv but i dont think ticket sales will plummet when people realize there will not be ane album anytime soon..

the people going to these shows arent going in hopes to hear the new album yet.

before saying more ill just wait till the yr ends and a press release is issued{hopefully}. Then depending on how good they sell the excuse ill see how i feel from there....

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
misterID
"Enlightened"
Banned
Legend

I did not have sexual relations with that llama

« Reply #3927 on: November 26, 2006, 02:56:04 AM »

I am prepared to be completely knocked off my feet by a surprise announcement, but gauging the future by the past history of this band, surprises are usually not ones we savor, usually they are very bad happenings. The tour will roll on but attendence may suffer as the curtain falls on the year.

Great post. I think they had all intentions of releasing the album this year, but something came up that prevented that (new re-recordings as indicated by a promoter, perhaps) and now they're not saying anything as a part of damage control from stating it would be out this year. Isn't it funny he is promoting an album with a tour and not mentioning the album? If you think about it, the majority of the fans at the shows are walking out not even knowing the names of the new songs. Undecided ?
« Last Edit: November 26, 2006, 03:03:11 AM by misterID » Logged

GNR delusion disorder, there is help for you.
http://www.chopaway.com/evolution/forum.php
Slashead
Banned
VIP

« Reply #3928 on: November 26, 2006, 02:57:16 AM »

i agree things are lame kv but i dont think ticket sales will plummet when people realize there will not be ane album anytime soon..

People don't attend the shows to listen to new music. They go to see Axl Rose. Not newGNR. Not the new guys. Just Axl Rose.

It will always be like that, even if CD and new songs are released.

I'll download it !
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #3929 on: November 26, 2006, 03:10:58 AM »

People don't attend the shows to listen to new music. They go to see Axl Rose. Not newGNR. Not the new guys. Just Axl Rose.

Probably for the most part, but a successful album will positively affect ticket sales especially if this band retraces their steps across the US and Europe with the new material.

Speaking only for myself, I will not attend another show until the album is out. Fiscally speaking, I really can't afford to see the same show for the fourth time. I suspect my situation will resonant with others on these boards. The shows will probably not sell out without an album and the crowds could appear less and less into the new material.

GNFNRAXL
« Reply #3930 on: November 26, 2006, 07:00:15 AM »

i don't know about that. i've never heard of any beatles. that sounds made up to me

he is true

beatles new cd "love" was announced just 2 or 3 weeks before

Even if that is true.  We are just about 3 weeks away.   Shocked
February
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #3931 on: November 26, 2006, 07:26:03 AM »

Great post. I think they had all intentions of releasing the album this year, but something came up that prevented that (new re-recordings as indicated by a promoter, perhaps) and now they're not saying anything as a part of damage control from stating it would be out this year. Isn't it funny he is promoting an album with a tour and not mentioning the album? If you think about it, the majority of the fans at the shows are walking out not even knowing the names of the new songs. Undecided ?

I still think they have some "relationship" probleams with the record company, and that prevented the realise this year, in the geffen page there's no reference to their shows on the "dates page", in the gnr artists page the dates there are from the european tour no reference to the present american leg of the tour, with an album on the way one would expect ?Geffen to be the main interested in promoting the tour to hype the record sales, that's where their money comes from. Universal did some new shuffle of vice president's this month maybe that had something to do with the delay too. They don't even bother to update the gnronline. There is something fishy.
Wooody
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #3932 on: November 26, 2006, 08:58:30 AM »

Speak for yourself, I got to see robin too  Grin

Just use your head and in the end you'll find your inspiration.
mlewis
Rocker

« Reply #3933 on: November 26, 2006, 09:00:28 AM »

Not true. I wanted to see Richard and Robin too, and I'll really look forward to seeing Bumblefoot next time too. Since seeing them, I've got into a lot of their solo stuff too.
guns_n_motley
« Reply #3934 on: November 26, 2006, 09:22:43 AM »

this was posted on sludge in response to brett meiseners post. dont know if its true tho

Brett Meisner,

Is somewhat true this isn't over a copyright photo. This is over the cover, Axl told them what picture image to use they went a different direction. Axl is hot over this right now.

This is why this info wasn't supposed to be released yet. The problem is being worked on, but at this rate I don't think the album will be out this year. Only thing you might get out of the album this year is some promo commercials about it in December. This is going to help the Guns kick off there European tour next year. Maybe with some more dates added. An album with this kind of magnitude you have to do things right and that's what Axl is doing.
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #3935 on: November 26, 2006, 09:29:50 AM »

You are just plain wrong and obviously speaking for only yourself when you say "people".

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
flicknn
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #3936 on: November 26, 2006, 09:33:01 AM »

im going to see Tha, finc , and fortus , and if axl wants to jam then thats great as well
Slashead
Banned
VIP

« Reply #3937 on: November 26, 2006, 09:39:23 AM »

You are just plain wrong and obviously speaking for only yourself when you say "people".
Not at all. Only the core fans (maybe 1 % of the audience, probably less) are interested in the new songs. The rest of the people (99 %) are satisfied listening to the greatest hits set-list. That's obvious.

I'll download it !
GNFNRAXL
« Reply #3938 on: November 26, 2006, 09:44:49 AM »

this was posted on sludge in response to brett meiseners post. dont know if its true tho

Brett Meisner,

Is somewhat true this isn't over a copyright photo. This is over the cover, Axl told them what picture image to use they went a different direction. Axl is hot over this right now.

This is why this info wasn't supposed to be released yet. The problem is being worked on, but at this rate I don't think the album will be out this year. Only thing you might get out of the album this year is some promo commercials about it in December. This is going to help the Guns kick off there European tour next year. Maybe with some more dates added. An album with this kind of magnitude you have to do things right and that's what Axl is doing.

So are they planning a early 2007 release?
flicknn
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #3939 on: November 26, 2006, 09:49:59 AM »

It's time for Axl to make a  public statement about this album.He has tour to long under the disguise of a Chinese democracy tour , he doesn't even introduce the new songs as coming from the new album
Pages: 1 ... 195 196 [197] 198 199 ... 374 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: