Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 13, 2024, 10:20:23 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228583 Posts in 43276 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  The CD release date rumor / speculation thread
Pages: 1 ... 192 193 [194] 195 196 ... 374 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The CD release date rumor / speculation thread  (Read 659333 times)
JuicySwoos
VIP

Thatwhy

« Reply #3860 on: November 25, 2006, 03:25:39 PM »

Just got off the phone with my label connection...

Seems there are some un-cleared copyright photo and image issues with the artwork on Chinese Democracy. The shipments are being held right now at the processing plant awaiting a hopeful legal "go ahead." The lawyers for all 3 parties are trying to work this out. If the images are not cleared they will need to redo millions of CD sleeves,etc.

Looks like the 28th has been delayed - technically not my fault...

Brett

I hope you keep your clothes on then.

Oh I will - wasn't my fault - so technically I don't need to do the Sunset strut...? I'll keep you guys posted on the image clearence stuff as my guy feeds me info.

Brett

I didn't see anything in your post that stated the delayed release date would have had to be your fault before you did your sunset strip. All I saw was a simple, 100% its coming out on this date or I'll.....

The copyright reasoning is a good one though, I'll give you that. Certainly better than the fake band shipments nonsense thats been going around. Another insider bites the dust.

2002- Minneapolis, MN
2006- Ames, IA
2006- Minneapolis, MN
2011- Minneapolis, MN
2012- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Las Vegas, NV
2016- Las Vegas, NV
2016- Las Vegas, NV
2016- Chicago, IL
2017- Minnea
wight gunner
VIP

"Paranoia is just another type of awareness"

« Reply #3861 on: November 25, 2006, 03:36:52 PM »

would think that the artwork would have been approved by now...but it's GNR so nothing suprises me.

I would think that the image was subject to various copyright restrictions, ie used under licence, which may have not included the use for an album sleeve.? Or possible the fee agreed back in 2001 (I think thats the first time I saw it used) isn't enough for todays market, andIF this is the image, it will reach iconic proportions as as an instantly recognisable cover and the copyright holder knows this.? I wouldn't imagine any band photographs would be the problem as no doubt the band would be paying a photographer to produce shots on their behalf and normal fees would apply.

It could also be the case that the original photographer/copyright holder has been in? talks with the band for years and has been part of the problem all along.

Hobos are people who move around looking for work, tramps are people who move around but don't look for work, and bums are people who don't move and don't work. I've been all three. -Seasick Steve
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #3862 on: November 25, 2006, 03:40:05 PM »

would think that the artwork would have been approved by now...but it's GNR so nothing suprises me.

I would think that the image was subject to various copyright restrictions, ie used under licence, which may have not included the use for an album sleeve.  Or possible the fee agreed back in 2001 (I think thats the first time I saw it used) isn't enough for todays market, andIF this is the image, it will reach iconic proportions as as an instantly recognisable cover and the copyright holder knows this.  I wouldn't imagine any band photographs would be the problem as no doubt the band would be paying a photographer to produce shots on their behalf and normal fees would apply.

It could also be the case that the original photographer/copyright holder has been in  talks with the band for years and has been part of the problem all along.

Yes, after all these years for "that" to be holding up the CD is hard to take.

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
RoCoKiN
VIP

I am The Shackler in the Rye with Diamonds!!

« Reply #3863 on: November 25, 2006, 03:41:45 PM »

I hate to see the album be delayed in litigation over something as simple as art work...we've been waiting along time to hear this album and to hear that this is going on is frustrating. ?Here's hoping that (if this is true) it will be speedy and we can have the album before the end of the year!

'...Oh, my distorted smile...'
Lucky
Legend

There are no tuesdays left in 2006 and/or 2007!!!

« Reply #3864 on: November 25, 2006, 03:43:39 PM »

if it was already printed, then it would have leaked by now...
especially if there are 1000s of copies sitting for a long period of time in some warehouse...

typical fan talkin about reunion:  http://img-9gag-fun.9cache.com/photo/axG5B52_460s.jpg
Lucky
Legend

« Reply #3865 on: November 25, 2006, 03:47:50 PM »

I think that photo has already been used on certain albums in the past.
dont remember exactly what albums...

edit... pore Merck... I think his inbox will be full of spam by the time he checks it...
« Last Edit: November 25, 2006, 03:56:14 PM by Lucky » Logged

typical fan talkin about reunion:  http://img-9gag-fun.9cache.com/photo/axG5B52_460s.jpg
wight gunner
VIP

"Paranoia is just another type of awareness"

« Reply #3866 on: November 25, 2006, 03:55:39 PM »

precisely, certainly nothing of the calibre of Guns n Roses...

Hobos are people who move around looking for work, tramps are people who move around but don't look for work, and bums are people who don't move and don't work. I've been all three. -Seasick Steve
Lucky
Legend

« Reply #3867 on: November 25, 2006, 04:16:19 PM »

precisely, certainly nothing of the calibre of Guns n Roses...

it was large calibre, but I just didnt want to say without being 100%...
Clash and/or Led Zeppelin come to mind...

but I dont think thats the picture in question... (if at all there is a question)...

edit:
I was right. it was "The Clash"

« Last Edit: November 25, 2006, 04:18:20 PM by Lucky » Logged

acdcUSSR
Rocker

Here Tomorrow...

« Reply #3868 on: November 25, 2006, 04:26:37 PM »

How do we know that the artwork has that guy on it? Didn't Axl show the artwork at Tokyo in 2002? Wasn't it a bike against a wall with "Guns N' Roses" painted on the wall?

You dig, what the fuck I'm saying? Homefuck!?
MikeFrett
Headliner

Don't damn me

« Reply #3869 on: November 25, 2006, 04:28:52 PM »

I know, I know...I'm kinda tired of worrying about this darn album man. So I went out and bought Twisted Sisters new Christmas Album.

OMG. Never has christmas music sounded so damn gorgeous!. I highly recommend it while you guys wait.
Lucky
Legend

« Reply #3870 on: November 25, 2006, 04:30:45 PM »

well things might have changed since 2002,
and we DONT KNOW THAT THE ABOVE PICTURE IS IN QUESTION.
its just a bunch of idiots jumping to conclusion and acting like an insider...

they should stop bitching for a ?while, and wait till someone credible makes a comment.
I guess it wont be that long.

Howard2k
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #3871 on: November 25, 2006, 05:01:32 PM »

Just to be clear - what we're expected to believe is:

1 - Chi Dem was slated to be released on the 28th - despite that fact that it's all been kept ultra secret with no reputable leaks of track listing, artwork or music.  Or even a leak of the date.

2 - They managed to print hundreds of thousands of copies of the CD (or perhaps more) and it's all packed up and ready to go from various warehouses around the world into the appropriate distribution channels.  And again, no leaks.

3 - Although they did an remarkable spectacular job of keeping the CD cover artwork and other documentation all totally under wraps in an elite top secret operation, they didn't bother to sort out the copyright issues.

Sure.   Sounds believable to me.   Roll Eyes

Please be sure that your topic is on the "allowed" list before posting.

Only 23% of my posts get removed!

What leaks??
Lucky
Legend

« Reply #3872 on: November 25, 2006, 05:03:58 PM »

it was so secret that the guy who was designing it keept his eyes closed during the whole design process!

Hysteron
« Reply #3873 on: November 25, 2006, 05:04:35 PM »

1 - Chi Dem was slated to be released on the 28th - despite that fact that it's all been kept ultra secret with no reputable leaks of track listing, artwork or music.? Or even a leak of the date.

2 - They managed to print hundreds of thousands of copies of the CD (or perhaps more) and it's all packed up and ready to go from various warehouses around the world into the appropriate distribution channels.? And again, no leaks.

3 - Although they did an remarkable spectacular job of keeping the CD cover artwork and other documentation all totally under wraps in an elite top secret operation, they didn't bother to sort out the copyright issues.

Sure.? ?Sounds believable to me.? ?Roll Eyes

Believe it or not, money can buy alot of things.
Howard2k
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #3874 on: November 25, 2006, 05:05:56 PM »

1 - Chi Dem was slated to be released on the 28th - despite that fact that it's all been kept ultra secret with no reputable leaks of track listing, artwork or music.? Or even a leak of the date.

2 - They managed to print hundreds of thousands of copies of the CD (or perhaps more) and it's all packed up and ready to go from various warehouses around the world into the appropriate distribution channels.? And again, no leaks.

Except, it seems, a release of Chi Dem.  Just ask Universal Wink

What leaks??
Lucky
Legend

« Reply #3875 on: November 25, 2006, 05:07:59 PM »

1 - Chi Dem was slated to be released on the 28th - despite that fact that it's all been kept ultra secret with no reputable leaks of track listing, artwork or music.  Or even a leak of the date.

2 - They managed to print hundreds of thousands of copies of the CD (or perhaps more) and it's all packed up and ready to go from various warehouses around the world into the appropriate distribution channels.  And again, no leaks.

Sure.   Sounds believable to me.   Roll Eyes

yeah. they bought all of that, but didnt have enough money to hire a law student to check their copyright issues...

LittleFly
Legend

A dream realized

« Reply #3876 on: November 25, 2006, 05:08:54 PM »

it was so secret that the guy who was designing it keept his eyes closed during the whole design process!

and now his lips are stitched closed just in case he tries to say anything about it hihi

"I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it"

www.cindyscrazy.com   www.facebook.com/cindyscrazy

"...now where's that monkey? I want to shoot something"- Cap'n Jack Sparrow
Hysteron
« Reply #3877 on: November 25, 2006, 05:09:34 PM »

yeah. they bought all of that, but didnt have enough money to hire a law student to check their copyright issues...

We'll see soon. This isn't just a case of whether one believes Brett or not.
Howard2k
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #3878 on: November 25, 2006, 05:19:29 PM »

We'll see soon. This isn't just a case of whether one believes Brett or not.

Exactly - it's a case of looking at it rationally and making a decision on the probability of the scenario.

I choose the not to believe the fantastic story.  It's must more believable IMHO that he's full of shit, he's been misled or some other option, than this top secret operation run by a combination of ninjas, the MIF and the illuminati. 

What leaks??
Verasa
Be original.Be yourself
VIP

« Reply #3879 on: November 25, 2006, 05:21:15 PM »

what happend to the 12/19 rumour a couple days ago? hmv had it or something?

5/14/06 Hammerstein Ballroom, NYC
11/12/11 Kansas City, MO
Pages: 1 ... 192 193 [194] 195 196 ... 374 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: