Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 13, 2024, 02:18:57 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228583 Posts in 43276 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  The CD release date rumor / speculation thread
Pages: 1 ... 188 189 [190] 191 192 ... 374 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The CD release date rumor / speculation thread  (Read 659468 times)
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #3780 on: November 24, 2006, 02:10:47 PM »

so how many people think we will make it all the way to 2007 without a word from the band about the release date?
its going to be tough getting over the fact that there will be no album this yr but if GNr do not give us a detailed press release regarding why the album wasnt out and the future plans of the band i really think ill detatch myself from the band

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
Hysteron
« Reply #3781 on: November 24, 2006, 02:24:00 PM »

so how many people think we will make it all the way to 2007 without a word from the band about the release date?

Before there have been years before they've said anything in the about it, so I'll still have faith if we get to 2008 and theres no album (Although I have faith it will be out this year).
mild_child
Opening Act

love the roses and believe in angels

« Reply #3782 on: November 24, 2006, 02:39:17 PM »

?
? I wasn't around when UYI came out, but did the band stop touring and do promotional events/appearances for the albums? The current tour doesn't really finish until 2007, so I'm wondering if it would be unconventional (like that matters w/ GNR) to promot an album in-between tour dates.

? I know it's not the same band/management OR mentality anymore...I'm just curious to know how their album releases went.

Maybe it's time off over the Holidays?
GnR aren't robots, they need their rest and to see their families!

they had 10 years to rest and spend Christmas with families .I mean i  trust  and respect them but i wanna know if they feel the same with us,the fans...

once, someone said: "live and let die"
BillBailey
Headliner

greatest piece of album art ever UYI

« Reply #3783 on: November 24, 2006, 07:35:14 PM »

I can't help but continue to think how insane all of this is. I understand that this record is extremely complicated due to advanced arrangements, new technology ect....But even UYI which were two extremely epic albums were still recorded and released in a bit over a years time. And as far as the record company is concerned, they should know as well as anyone that even if the album was terrible (which of course there is no way in hell it will be) it would still sell well over a couple million copies worldwide. And I understand Axl's desire to want to include the new band members on the album due to their hard work on the road. But doing that at the expense of releasing the album before the year ends as promised is just plain wrong. If there are two more records coming after CD as reported; why not let frank and ron play an integral role on those records? That way he can give the fans the record we have waited so long for....

There's a lot goin on here.....
The Estranged MrFlashbax
VIP

The Tranquil Jester

« Reply #3784 on: November 24, 2006, 08:55:24 PM »

I wasn't around when UYI came out, but did the band stop touring and do promotional events/appearances for the albums? The current tour doesn't really finish until 2007, so I'm wondering if it would be unconventional (like that matters w/ GNR) to promot an album in-between tour dates.

I know it's not the same band/management OR mentality anymore...I'm just curious to know how their album releases went.

Maybe it's time off over the Holidays?
GnR aren't robots, they need their rest and to see their families!

they had 10 years to rest and spend Christmas with families .I mean i  trust  and respect them but i wanna know if they feel the same with us,the fans...

this is the first x-mas w/ some of their kids though.. i.e richard and brain

Thanks 2 those who went 2 Mustang Harry's on May 12th. That made my first concert experience something I'll never forget. Never did I feel like I fit in anywhere as much as I did amongst you strangers
xj220
Headliner

TWAT=goodness

« Reply #3785 on: November 24, 2006, 10:52:31 PM »

Bah, that means that they've got plenty of more time to spend with them.  I want CD now.

"Face it, if crime did not pay there would be very few criminals." -Laughton Lewis Burdock
The Estranged MrFlashbax
VIP

The Tranquil Jester

« Reply #3786 on: November 25, 2006, 07:47:29 AM »

Bah, that means that they've got plenty of more time to spend with them.  I want CD now.

i dunno why they do it but if i were a musician, part of it would be so i can provide for my family.. especially when i did have a family of my own.. and if i had a new born baby and spent most of his/her first few months touring in a different continent, i sure as hell would love to spend the holidays with the little one.

Thanks 2 those who went 2 Mustang Harry's on May 12th. That made my first concert experience something I'll never forget. Never did I feel like I fit in anywhere as much as I did amongst you strangers
MrMojoRisin
Banned
Rocker

Some Kind of Monster

« Reply #3787 on: November 25, 2006, 07:55:06 AM »

me! me! me!! Thats exactly what i think will happen!!!!! In fact im so sure of it i would bet one months paycheck on it!
polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #3788 on: November 25, 2006, 08:05:20 AM »

I put this up at RosesOfVelvet, but since I spent some time doing it I'm posting it here too, for those who may find it usefull. It's basically a break down of what I think has happened all these years.

After years of disintegration and litigation, a somewhat stable band is assembled in 98. Finck and Huge on guitar, Stinson on bass, Freese on drums, Pitman on synth (he may have come in later, but it doesn't really matter) and Axl on the familiar vocals. Gary Sunshine and Dave Navarro makes brief visits as well.

I believe this is the point where the recording for Chinese Democracy truly begins. Years of ideas, experimentation and tinkering is now set to take solid form. It is believed that this is the first time Axl starts singing again since Slash departed.

Oh My God is released the following year. It does in the end turn out to be an enormous flop. The release of Live Era shortly afterwards indicates that the plan was to put an end to the old band with the live album, and release CD some time after that. OMG is very industrial, and using that song to test the waters tell me that the core of Chinese Democracy at that time was very much in the same vein. The utter failure of the song seems to have created considerable doubt. Not only with the record company, but also with Axl. The release is most likely cancelled by the label for these reasons, and I don't think Axl disagreed much. This year also sees the departure of Finck.

2000 is probably the point where the band begins to focus on a new direction. Tracks like TWAT, The Blues and Catcher In The Rye seem to appear around then, or atleast being brought back into the mix. Brain and Buckethead comes on board to replace Finck and Freese, but Finck chooses to come back shortly after. The band now has 3 guitar players and starts recording new and old material. The record company is probably satisfied with the changed direction of the album. Axl surfaces back to the spotlight with a couple of interviews, one where he plays CD to the journalist. Now is also the time where the first signs of a real comeback starts to unfold with the scheduling of shows at Rock In Rio 3 and in Las Vegas.

We're now in early '01. The band has played their first gigs and things seem to be falling in place. The album is set for a summer release, and a European tour is scheduled. Now is where events start to become a little unclear. The tour is first postponed, then cancelled. The same goes with the album. Could the album have been rejected again? With songs like The Blues, Madagascar and There Was A Time? I doubt it. The label could very well have asked for some tweeking here and there, but I think the main reason for the delay is the presence of Buckethead. Axl has now finally got the guitarplayer he's been looking for. The vast improvements of I.R.S, There Was A Time and probably creation of fresh material could very well have made Axl unsure of his imminent comeback. I think he delays and cancells the album and tour on purpose. The initial postponement backs this theory up. The excuse of finding out about the tour on the internet just doesn't hold up. He wants us to believe management schedules a tour without talking to him about it? Bullshit. Doug Goldstein saves the day by backing up the statement with an obvious lie.

When '02 comes around things seem to have fallen into place again. There was probably alot of recording and new material being created leading up to this. I think Better is one of the songs that came out of these sessions, along with the improvements on I.R.S and TWAT. When you think about it, those improvements and new songs seems like a very good reason to delay the album.

Axl is now finally ready to come back. A new tour is scheduled, without postponement and cancellation. It goes very well in Asia and Europe. The band is now ready for a US tour. Axl appears at the VMA and speaks his infamous words I don't know if soon is the word. That clearly implies that a '02 release was never intended, but why, and what were the reasons for going on tour then? I lean towards disagreements with the label on certain aspects, not nescessarily musical aspects but economic and strategic. The record is also not fully done, but they wouldn't have gone on tour without expecting it finished by early/mid '03.

The US tour begins in the worst possible way. Cancellation and riot on the first gig. The tour picks up again, but shows are selling bad and Axls voice is sub par. Negotiations with the label and promoter of the tour does very likely occur now. Something severe seem to happen in these events, which ultimately leads to the tour being cancelled without explanation mid-way. Nobody knows the details of what went on, but I think the main reasons were a combination of label and promoter demands, and Axls hurt self esteem after an embarrassing VMA appearance and shows losing money. It's no doubt that the various authorities involved had a hand in all of it, but I think we can agree that Axl was the reason it all went so horribly bad in the end.

The backlash after this must have been enormous. It's actually a puzzle to me that the band continued. Lawsuits from the promoter, a really pissed record company, disappointed band members and Axl on the reciever end of it all. This period did probably involve more court time and negotiations than album work. It all seems to have lasted all the way into '04.

Once again the band begins to plan a new attempt at a release and comeback. Rock In Rio 4 is scheduled. But it falls apart, mostly due to BHs departure. This must have put Axl in a tricky spot. RIR 4 was probably meant to start off a new tour, like we've had this year, but when you lack a third player, which most of your current material is built on,it creates some doubts and uncertainty. A replacement fails to appear and the plans are delayed again. Now the label is getting extremely tired of all the bullshit, and decides to cut the bands funding for the album.

2005 arrives with Merck stating that 2005 will be the year of Guns N' Roses. Axl makes a deal with sanctuary, possibly to raise funds for completing the recordings and other future plans. As we know, 05 does not happen. I don't think anything serious went down then. Probably just recordings and other things that took a little longer than planned (what else is new ). This shows of in what happened not long after, '06.

The band attempts again. Promises are made, shows scheduled and songs leaked. The tour went well, and still does. In fact, everything seems to have gone as it should, so why no album or announcement of album? I don't believe the rejection thing for a second. Better is not only a kickass song, but also a perfect single. If the label isn't thrilled to have something like that for a first single they must be crazy. I think the answer lay elsewhere.

So what can it be? Axl and Mercks confidence that this is the year can't be based on nothing. They've most likely had extensive talks with the label and promoters all year, and gotten good responses. I think Ron and Frank recording tracks, and Axl returning to the studio could be the key. It seems pretty obvious that the postponement of shows for the NA tour is connected to extensive recording. Could it be that Axl is not happy? No, I don't think so. The reason could be the record company wanting to pull out of the release since there's limited time left for promotion etc. The silence from the band the last weeks clearly indicates that something is going on that they can't talk about. They can't set a release date either until whatever goes on is settled. As Mysteron reported on HTGTH: They got alot of stuff happening for a long time, so the album can't be far away. I actually believe this. If '06 fails to deliver I wouldn't worry much. As long as the tour continues, and new dates being added, there must still be belief in the GN'R camp that this will happen, they're just a little unsure of when, but soon is definately the word.

So unless something goes terribly wrong behind the scenes I think we will see the album very soon. Maybe not this year, but certainly early next year.

Since we're talking about rejections. I ultimately don't think the label has rejected this album, except for early in the process. It seems more like a combination of unfortunate events, members leaving, economic aspects tightened and the normal behaviour and unstabillity of Axl. Seriously people, would any label reject the leaks we've heard? The label doesn't care if an album is full of shit as long as they got a couple of good singles. The leaks are proof that they've got it.

Ah, mere infantry. Poor beggars.

GN'R Tour Overview 1984-2007
MrMojoRisin
Banned
Rocker

Some Kind of Monster

« Reply #3789 on: November 25, 2006, 08:20:55 AM »

you spent alot of time typing that.
polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #3790 on: November 25, 2006, 08:22:52 AM »

Indeed  smoking

Ah, mere infantry. Poor beggars.

GN'R Tour Overview 1984-2007
T_Roxie
« Reply #3791 on: November 25, 2006, 08:29:34 AM »

Indeed? smoking

Very thought provoking though, thanks! ok
bazgnr
Legend

« Reply #3792 on: November 25, 2006, 08:37:47 AM »

And even more time thinking that all through.  Great insight...thanks for sharing.

I think one of, if perhaps not *the* main factor in all of this that has been GnR over the past 5 or so years, still remains Axl's personality, something we truly hear very little about, and probably with good reason.

Take, for example, the excerpt from the Brandon Flowers Q&A in the new RS, speaking about Axl introducing The Killers:

"It was an honor.  A few days before it happened, we met him in LA...he wasn't sure if he'd make it to New York.  The reason, he said, was that he'd 'just come back from London, where they had all these black cabs, and I just can't get my head around it...' [Axl's] a strange man, but he's cool."

I think that, behind the scenes, there has been a tremendous amount of drama revolving around Axl's personality that we'll never know about.  Which is fine by me, of course.  I'm just anxious to hear the album...

MrMojoRisin
Banned
Rocker

Some Kind of Monster

« Reply #3793 on: November 25, 2006, 09:22:43 AM »

its all good and stuff and thought out BUT Record companies put out shit albums every week.  it makes no difference in sales whether the album is good or crappy. some people will buy it no matter what, and nobody else will care enough to do more than download it.

November_Rain
Loyal to death
VIP

The bittersweet honey of your eyes...

« Reply #3794 on: November 25, 2006, 09:25:13 AM »

look at this

http://www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?showtopic=85092

Nobody will ever love you the way I do...
Apollon
Rocker

So bittersweet this tragedy...

« Reply #3795 on: November 25, 2006, 09:29:15 AM »

I call it fake... It's made up by three noobs! No way GnR is releasing such a horrible statement...
miss bomb
Rocker

nanook

« Reply #3796 on: November 25, 2006, 09:30:26 AM »

someone just sent me the screencaps of it...is this for real?!

7.6.6,11.6.6,29.7.6x2,10.11.6
Apollon
Rocker

So bittersweet this tragedy...

« Reply #3797 on: November 25, 2006, 09:32:11 AM »

I would say it's a photoshop fake. It's pretty easy to porduce it if you have the right font.
bazgnr
Legend

« Reply #3798 on: November 25, 2006, 09:32:35 AM »

Let's hope so. ?Me, I don't see anything anywhere...same old.? How about a PM of those screencaps (please)? ? ?
MrMojoRisin
Banned
Rocker

Some Kind of Monster

« Reply #3799 on: November 25, 2006, 09:34:46 AM »

post it! make a new thread!
Pages: 1 ... 188 189 [190] 191 192 ... 374 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: