Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 13, 2024, 02:20:38 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228583 Posts in 43276 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  The CD release date rumor / speculation thread
Pages: 1 ... 187 188 [189] 190 191 ... 374 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The CD release date rumor / speculation thread  (Read 659480 times)
ben9785
« Reply #3760 on: November 23, 2006, 04:39:48 PM »

I personally think this current tour is the promotion for Guns N' Roses and Chinese Democracy coming out soon. The tour ends just before the perceived December "date". I would suspsect it's out then, and I honestly believe the European and North American tours were to gain more momentum from a broader range of people that GN'R are still around and KICKING! I don't think the marketing of a new album coming out would work without this past and current 2006 tours. We see it time and time again with bands like Motely Crue and Poison coming out from underneath their rocks to have another break on the scene with flashy commercials, songs in movies, etc., and I believe GN'R want to make sure that their stay is more permanent, especially after the hard work and investment these band members have put into making it work. The first step is to get people believing that they're worth it, and they've done that in Europe and are doing that in North America. The album and the marketing perception will sell all that much more now, when it starts....

a.

Indeed, that seems pretty reasonable. Let's hope that's how it plays out, hey. They get off the road, album comes out, bang let's go, next leg of the tour starts, with new addtions to the setlist(?). We hope.
Scabbie
Legend

Time is relative

« Reply #3761 on: November 23, 2006, 04:51:38 PM »

I personally think this current tour is the promotion for Guns N' Roses and Chinese Democracy coming out soon. The tour ends just before the perceived December "date". I would suspsect it's out then, and I honestly believe the European and North American tours were to gain more momentum from a broader range of people that GN'R are still around and KICKING! I don't think the marketing of a new album coming out would work without this past and current 2006 tours. We see it time and time again with bands like Motely Crue and Poison coming out from underneath their rocks to have another break on the scene with flashy commercials, songs in movies, etc., and I believe GN'R want to make sure that their stay is more permanent, especially after the hard work and investment these band members have put into making it work. The first step is to get people believing that they're worth it, and they've done that in Europe and are doing that in North America. The album and the marketing perception will sell all that much more now, when it starts....

a.

As someone else pointed out, why doesn't Axl introduce new songs as from the new album? Has anyone heard anything along these lines live?

I'm starting to think they haven't finished recording either  crying

I'm not saying I'm not gonna read forums or buy the album if it isn't out by the end of the year but I will be very disappointed.

Here today...ready to rock
ben9785
« Reply #3762 on: November 23, 2006, 04:55:11 PM »

a.

As someone else pointed out, why doesn't Axl introduce new songs as from the new album? Has anyone heard anything along these lines live?

I'm not saying I'm not gonna read forums or buy the album if it isn't out by the end of the year but I will be very disappointed.

No he hasn't. The only link he's ever given any new songs to an album release is when he was talking about that Parkinson's benefit he did and about how a clip from a movie by Michael J. Fox was used in the song "Madagascar" which is going to be on the new album. Every other time, it's just talking about the new songs, or a loose relation to the multiple albums worth of material which will follow or whatever

He hasn't even referred to the album as "Chinese Democracy" this year; he's just called it "the new album" or "the next album".
DemocracyRose
« Reply #3763 on: November 23, 2006, 04:55:52 PM »

a.

I'm starting to think they haven't finished recording either? crying

Youre not the only one... Wink
ben9785
« Reply #3764 on: November 23, 2006, 04:58:24 PM »

Yeah, that's my view as well. I'm not going to be over dramatic and HUFF i'm never coming back or hah i'm gonna download the album fuck this shit, or whatever. I'll be dissapointed if it doesn't come out by the end of the year, but that in no way is going to affect my reception of the album on release. And I think the same can be said for everybody else who threatens to download the album or walk away or whatever, I'm sure when the release is announced, they too will be just as eager to get it.
1badapple
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #3765 on: November 23, 2006, 05:04:35 PM »

Yeah, that's my view as well. I'm not going to be over dramatic and HUFF i'm never coming back or hah i'm gonna download the album fuck this shit, or whatever. I'll be dissapointed if it doesn't come out by the end of the year, but that in no way is going to affect my reception of the album on release. And I think the same can be said for everybody else who threatens to download the album or walk away or whatever, I'm sure when the release is announced, they too will be just as eager to get it.

I'll be pissed if the cd doesn't come out, as promised, but i'll still be here. Granted, maybe not quite as much. We're all just frustrated right now. I know I've been waiting for this technically since like 93, but really since 98 when i found out Axl had formed a new GNR. I remember when i found out about the new band (courtesy of entertainment weekly), it said expect the first album from the new band in the first half of 2000. Hard to believe 2000 was almost 7 years ago, and still no new cd. I will be a downloading motherfucker though, but i also will buy the album. The downloaded version will be kept in the car.
ben9785
« Reply #3766 on: November 23, 2006, 05:12:06 PM »

I'll be pissed if the cd doesn't come out, as promised, but i'll still be here. Granted, maybe not quite as much. We're all just frustrated right now. I know I've been waiting for this technically since like 93, but really since 98 when i found out Axl had formed a new GNR. I remember when i found out about the new band (courtesy of entertainment weekly), it said expect the first album from the new band in the first half of 2000. Hard to believe 2000 was almost 7 years ago, and still no new cd. I will be a downloading motherfucker though, but i also will buy the album. The downloaded version will be kept in the car.

Yeah. I know there's still a few weeks left in the year, but it's just the fact that the silence is too uneasy, and we just don't know what the fuck we're going on, were hearing such conflicting reports, from the band still recording and the album being pushed back, to claims that the band have turned over the completed album, and nobody will confirm or deny anything.
Scabbie
Legend

Time is relative

« Reply #3767 on: November 23, 2006, 06:04:33 PM »

Yeah. I know there's still a few weeks left in the year, but it's just the fact that the silence is too uneasy, and we just don't know what the fuck we're going on, were hearing such conflicting reports, from the band still recording and the album being pushed back, to claims that the band have turned over the completed album, and nobody will confirm or deny anything.

Sometimes I don't know whether they get a kick out of all of the secret mystery stuff. It was fun up until the Harley ad when I thought things were going to really start, now they're all quiet again.

Scabbie
Legend

Time is relative

« Reply #3768 on: November 23, 2006, 06:06:33 PM »

Its coming motherfuckers!

Edit: New subject. /jarmo

That was funny  hihi

muffinass
Headliner

I'm a muffin!

« Reply #3769 on: November 23, 2006, 06:16:02 PM »

I wasn't around when UYI came out, but did the band stop touring and do promotional events/appearances for the albums? The current tour doesn't really finish until 2007, so I'm wondering if it would be unconventional (like that matters w/ GNR) to promot an album in-between tour dates.

I know it's not the same band/management OR mentality anymore...I'm just curious to know how their album releases went.

Nov.15th, Air Canada Center !!!
Scabbie
Legend

Time is relative

« Reply #3770 on: November 23, 2006, 06:18:13 PM »

I wasn't around when UYI came out, but did the band stop touring and do promotional events/appearances for the albums? The current tour doesn't really finish until 2007, so I'm wondering if it would be unconventional (like that matters w/ GNR) to promot an album in-between tour dates.

I know it's not the same band/management OR mentality anymore...I'm just curious to know how their album releases went.

2006! Christ I couldn't wait another whole year

Strike while the irons hot Guns!

Adam_Guill
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #3771 on: November 23, 2006, 11:57:18 PM »

i've contacted the psychic friends network and they've assured me of a pre-christmas release.
Ak1nney
Rocker

« Reply #3772 on: November 23, 2006, 11:58:54 PM »

OMG, a great idea. Some1 ask Sylvia Brown
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #3773 on: November 24, 2006, 02:21:01 AM »

Quote from: younggunner on July 04, 2004, 12:59:01 PM
Its coming motherfuckers!

Edit: New subject. /jarmo

That was funny 

I was just practicing.... no

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
Refused
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #3774 on: November 24, 2006, 05:07:08 AM »

?
? I wasn't around when UYI came out, but did the band stop touring and do promotional events/appearances for the albums? The current tour doesn't really finish until 2007, so I'm wondering if it would be unconventional (like that matters w/ GNR) to promot an album in-between tour dates.

? I know it's not the same band/management OR mentality anymore...I'm just curious to know how their album releases went.

Maybe it's time off over the Holidays?
GnR aren't robots, they need their rest and to see their families!
The Prez
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #3775 on: November 24, 2006, 06:47:12 AM »

Once there was this rock n' roll band rollin' on the streets
Time went by and it became a joke
We just needed more and more fulfilling- Uh-huh
Time went by and it all went up in smoke

That's what  I think is happening to 'this' GN'R & the album....what album?

There is a difference between the opinion of the majority and the thruth...
PeterCoffin
Rocker

don't wear floppy pants

« Reply #3776 on: November 24, 2006, 08:04:52 AM »

If anything, I will read the forums more if it doesn't come out. The backlash will be juicier than a perfect steak.

crofty
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #3777 on: November 24, 2006, 08:38:04 AM »

a.

At hammersmith they played a new song and he said "that was off our last album" as a kind of joke
gnrbus
Opening Act

Chinese Democracy Starts When?

« Reply #3778 on: November 24, 2006, 01:23:15 PM »

There will never be an album.
hpantazo
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #3779 on: November 24, 2006, 01:36:27 PM »

so how many people think we will make it all the way to 2007 without a word from the band about the release date?
Pages: 1 ... 187 188 [189] 190 191 ... 374 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: