Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 13, 2024, 04:26:57 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228586 Posts in 43276 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  The CD release date rumor / speculation thread
Pages: 1 ... 186 187 [188] 189 190 ... 374 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The CD release date rumor / speculation thread  (Read 659541 times)
Slashead
Banned
VIP

« Reply #3740 on: November 23, 2006, 10:32:05 AM »

Also don't think it is gonna be some big surprise and the album will be announced somehow, be in stores fairly quiet, waiting for musiclovers to buy it and then later on being acknowledged to be one of the best albums of all time! It's the same way the band is promoting the tours, so why would it be so much different for the album.
There is a record company involved in the release of an album... If Universal wants to promote the album, it will be promoted. If Universal don't want to promote it, it won't.

Remember the "Greatest Hits" case ? The record company moguls did whatever they wanted.

I'll download it !
Hysteron
« Reply #3741 on: November 23, 2006, 10:35:39 AM »

You'd lose what little money you have. Angry

if its going to be this year, December 19 is the only date its gonna be yes

Not true... there are 5 Tuesdays left in this year.

well, lets see.. merck said itd be out before christmas.. so scratch the 26th..28th is too close, so scratch that..

I suppose that leaves us with the
December 5
December 12
December 19

What about December 26th?
did you read what he said?

Yes, and I persume Merck meant what he said at the time time, but not nessarily now.
guns_n_motley
« Reply #3742 on: November 23, 2006, 10:39:44 AM »

Also don't think it is gonna be some big surprise and the album will be announced somehow, be in stores fairly quiet, waiting for musiclovers to buy it and then later on being acknowledged to be one of the best albums of all time! It's the same way the band is promoting the tours, so why would it be so much different for the album.
There is a record company involved in the release of an album... If Universal wants to promote the album, it will be promoted. If Universal don't want to promote it, it won't.

Remember the "Greatest Hits" case ? The record company moguls did whatever they wanted.

fact is, they dont want a long notice of this coming out for several reasons:

1.axl can change his mind any time, and if they put a date out there, and then axl pulls it back theyd look stupid.

2.they dont want this cd to leak at all... they will lose thousands of sales if it does leak...

1 day leaking wont matter..were talking about weeks.
neon2002
Rocker

What the hell is a hab?

« Reply #3743 on: November 23, 2006, 10:44:29 AM »

I called a local Sunrise Records & HMV ealier today and neither has a release date.

However the HMV did say that it MIGHT be coming out closer to Christmas time and to call back in a week to check.

Later (this evening) I went to pick up some tickets @ Sunrise Records (different location than I called earlier) and while I was there I asked about a release date for CD. The girl tried to look it up in the system (they use All Music Guide) but it was really slow so she was having a hard time getting in. She said that she knows that it Definitely will be out Before Christmas. Her co-worker was standing beside her and he said that it was supposed to be out sooner but it got pushed back but he also said that it will Definitely be out Before Christmas.

Take it for what it's worth.

Huh

Has anyone else heard anything similar from a Sunrise Records?
 Huh

"This Melody Inside Of Me Still Searches For Solution"
TAP
Banned
Rocker

March of the Pigs

« Reply #3744 on: November 23, 2006, 10:46:39 AM »

People are going to download the album by the thousand anyway, whether it's leaked in advance or uploaded after release, because

a. It's a mythical album

but

b. People (not us) want to know if the new band is any good before paying.

Now doesn't that make you feel better?
The pigs have won tonight
Now they can all sleep soundly
And everything is all right
GnR-NOW
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #3745 on: November 23, 2006, 11:00:32 AM »

I think if the album came with an extra, like a dvd or even a cool booklet, more people would want to buy the album.

Slashead
Banned
VIP

« Reply #3746 on: November 23, 2006, 11:02:16 AM »

1.axl can change his mind any time, and if they put a date out there, and then axl pulls it back theyd look stupid.

If Axl gave the tapes to the record company, he won't be able to pull them back, even if he gets angry.

I'll download it !
god of thunder
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #3747 on: November 23, 2006, 11:02:50 AM »

People are going to download the album by the thousand anyway, whether it's leaked in advance or uploaded after release, because

a. It's a mythical album

but

no i guess they will not....i am pretty sure most of us will run like crazy to the record stores as soon as it is released
Ak1nney
Rocker

« Reply #3748 on: November 23, 2006, 11:05:10 AM »

I had a dream that I went to a store and I look around the corner knowing that it wouldn't be there, but I did it anyways. And THERE IT WAS, the case was blue and had silver lettering that just said Chinese Democracy. The letter was little and in the chinese font stuff and ran parallel all the way across the cd. It had one of those outside cases that slid off, then underneath was the real cd case. It was so real, then i grabbed and looked at it, then I woke up. I wanted to cry...

Pointless post.
jmrgnr
Banned
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #3749 on: November 23, 2006, 12:17:59 PM »

not to worry everyones posts are useless.
TAP
Banned
Rocker

March of the Pigs

« Reply #3750 on: November 23, 2006, 12:20:32 PM »

a. It's a mythical album

but

no i guess they will not....i am pretty sure most of us will run like crazy to the record stores as soon as it is released

That's why I said "not us". I'm sure the few thousand people on the GNR boards will buy it regardless, but the millions they need to hit for a success will not.

Now doesn't that make you feel better?
The pigs have won tonight
Now they can all sleep soundly
And everything is all right
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #3751 on: November 23, 2006, 12:55:06 PM »

those who don't buy records won't buy it anyways.

not to worry everyones posts are useless.
not as useless as your post. Tongue
MrMojoRisin
Banned
Rocker

Some Kind of Monster

« Reply #3752 on: November 23, 2006, 12:59:14 PM »

I think it would come out next year.
vicente
Headliner

"OK, nevermind"

« Reply #3753 on: November 23, 2006, 01:54:30 PM »

Just one thought.

We're all discussing and especulating about the relase date. People keep spending their time calling and bothering music stores. Conspiracy theories keep poping up. We are putting our hopes in some humors like Axl saying "It's this year" just to loose it all when someone in Universal says "we have nothing scheduled".  No info is official and even the official one's can be fully trusted.

But, I was thinking, since the tour had it's start pushed back so Axl would be able to "put final touches" on the album, here's one thought: what if the CD isn't ready? The band is on tour now, they can't finish it at the same time. If Frank and Ron will be on some tracks, maybe the CD ain't done, therefore Universal don't have the masters and we won't be buying it this year. Maybe all there is is some tracks which could only allow a single or a EP release.

Anyone else feels the same? Anyone can (please) prove me wrong?

Vicente
- man, I want to believe

"all that anger, all that anger"
JimMorrison4
Rocker

« Reply #3754 on: November 23, 2006, 02:21:40 PM »

fact is, they dont want a long notice of this coming out for several reasons:

2.they dont want this cd to leak at all... they will lose thousands of sales if it does leak...

1 day leaking wont matter..were talking about weeks.

Even after it's released, there will be weeks of downloading.
RnT
Legend

Every saint has a past, every sinner has a future.

« Reply #3755 on: November 23, 2006, 03:05:46 PM »

I?m seeing that most of the people think that the album will just pop up at stores with no promotion, no announcement, no nothing till the end of the year.. on another thread I said that the last Madonna album, in some big stores here in S?o Paulo / Brazil just appeared one day, and the girl that worked for the store didn?t know about the release date in Brazil till the day that the album appeared there... I don?t know about the rest of the world, Europe, USA... but do we have a similiar story about a band releasing their album like that?

quarky
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #3756 on: November 23, 2006, 03:08:47 PM »

. Maybe all there is is some tracks which could only allow a single or a EP release.

I would bet my house(s) that there is not going to be an EP release. It will be the full album, either now or later. If the album is not ready, we will just have to wait until it is, or what is finished, will be released with a few lives tracks through in.
yourfinalanswer
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #3757 on: November 23, 2006, 03:09:32 PM »

Yeah - I was at Best Buy last night and I asked the employee in the music section about the album and if there was a release date. ?He asked me to hold on and he checked witht he guy in the DirecTV department who in turn checked with the person in the Geek Squad department. ?It was then revealed that the stock boy in home audio had a nephew who had a cousin that was in turn related in some way to the same Universal executive at that HMV store where the other poster here mentioned and that Universal ?lady had told a McDonalds employee near the HMV that Guns N Roses indeed was releasing a CD and she had heard it in a dream the night before - she explained that Billy Joel was actually singing the songs in her dream, but that they were really good songs. ?So when she woke up that next monring she had visited the psychic down by the Starbucks near her house and they said: ?Drum roll please...December 22, 2009. ? ok

quarky
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #3758 on: November 23, 2006, 03:12:02 PM »

I?m seeing that most of the people think that the album will just pop up at stores with no promotion, no announcement, no nothing till the end of the year.. on another thread I said that the last Madonna album, in some big stores here in S?o Paulo / Brazil just appeared one day, and the girl that worked for the store didn?t know about the release date in Brazil till the day that the album appeared there... I don?t know about the rest of the world, Europe, USA... but do we have a similiar story about a band releasing their album like that?

I honestly don't think I could name ONE album in the top 20. If there was promotion or not, I don't know if I would even notice!
a.
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #3759 on: November 23, 2006, 03:27:39 PM »

I personally think this current tour is the promotion for Guns N' Roses and Chinese Democracy coming out soon. The tour ends just before the perceived December "date". I would suspsect it's out then, and I honestly believe the European and North American tours were to gain more momentum from a broader range of people that GN'R are still around and KICKING! I don't think the marketing of a new album coming out would work without this past and current 2006 tours. We see it time and time again with bands like Motely Crue and Poison coming out from underneath their rocks to have another break on the scene with flashy commercials, songs in movies, etc., and I believe GN'R want to make sure that their stay is more permanent, especially after the hard work and investment these band members have put into making it work. The first step is to get people believing that they're worth it, and they've done that in Europe and are doing that in North America. The album and the marketing perception will sell all that much more now, when it starts....

a.
Pages: 1 ... 186 187 [188] 189 190 ... 374 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: