Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 03:24:05 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  The CD release date rumor / speculation thread
Pages: 1 ... 177 178 [179] 180 181 ... 374 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The CD release date rumor / speculation thread  (Read 647271 times)
polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #3560 on: November 21, 2006, 12:18:05 PM »

polluxlm, so merck is passing this message on.

When the album is released it will come out in Norway and all of Europe the day before the US.
in Norway and all of Europe - on Monday (the day before the us)
in the us? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?- on Tuesday
It can't be the 26th.
wonder what about the rest.

Yes, which would mean the 19th (4 weeks) is the most viable date. For those who still have faith in other statements, that is. It would also mean an annoucement should arrive shortly (6-7 days).

All I need is a miracle, all I neeeeed

Ah, mere infantry. Poor beggars.

GN'R Tour Overview 1984-2007
axlschild
Headliner

..when your taking to yourself..and nobody's home

« Reply #3561 on: November 21, 2006, 12:19:43 PM »

i called my local hmv store today and the info that i got was they have it on their sysytem as "release date 18/12/06"-"discontinued"

this apparently means they were told a scheduled date for release but something has changed/problems arose and this will now not be the date of release.

this was the hmv store in derby, england

maybe this was the year for cd and something has gone down to change things...
im not complaining, im glad that there is a guns n roses out there playing, cd will arrive one day...maybe after a reunion tour...maybe within the next few months, but we'll hear it one day, by hook or by crook...

just happy axl is still around and kicking ass

Don't play your guitar when your talking to me...

Milton Keynes '93
Leeds '02
Download '06
Sheffield '06
Nottingham '06
Leeds '10
Birmingham '12
axlnyc
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #3562 on: November 21, 2006, 12:37:18 PM »

Angry  I am fucking fed up.  Not so much with no CD release today 11/21, but not having a confirmed release date YET is total bull shit.  Not only that but why the hell can't someone, AXL or merck, or somebody, tell us what it is that is preventing the release and/or release info.  This has gone on WAY too long, and I'm a real patient person by nature but this shit is very uncalled for. 

81688-NJ
61791-LI, NY
120991-MSG
121391-MSG
71892-NJ
72992-NJ
30693-CT
120502-MSG
51206-NYC
51506-NYC
51706-NYC
110506-NJ
111006-MSG
111711-NJ
111911-CT
112611-NJ
2/10/12-NYC
2/12/12-
wight gunner
VIP

"Paranoia is just another type of awareness"

« Reply #3563 on: November 21, 2006, 12:39:39 PM »

Oh wow! CD = Christmas Day AND Chinese Democracy!!!??!!??!?!?!

Xmas is 6 days before new year and chinese new year starts in Feb, so album drops end of January  crying

Hobos are people who move around looking for work, tramps are people who move around but don't look for work, and bums are people who don't move and don't work. I've been all three. -Seasick Steve
kaasupoltin
Also a "mercenary" football fan!
Legend

Chinese Democracy out 2014!

« Reply #3564 on: November 21, 2006, 12:42:17 PM »

Xmas is 6 days before new year and chinese new year starts in Feb, so album drops end of January  crying

Nice theory hihi

Anyway, I still believe in 2006 release. If it won't happen, I won't actually be very upset. Or at least that how I feel like now.. but I'm ready to wait for little longer.

BEEP.
Helsinki 07.05.2006 - Helsinki 07.06.2006 - Helsinki 06.05.2010 - H?meenlinna 07.01.2017
polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #3565 on: November 21, 2006, 12:48:54 PM »

Xmas is 6 days before new year and chinese new year starts in Feb, so album drops end of January? crying

When does Axl newyear start? He said within the year in 02, so maybe he was right and we're still in Axl year. Hmmm, he said a couple of months in 04, that was 31 months ago, so let's say an Axl year lasts around 10 years. Only 6 years to go people, maybe beer

Ah, mere infantry. Poor beggars.

GN'R Tour Overview 1984-2007
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #3566 on: November 21, 2006, 12:51:01 PM »

Merck said 2005 was gonna be the year of GNR  Undecided

Yea and didn't say cd would be out in 2005. hihi
MrMojoRisin
Banned
Rocker

Some Kind of Monster

« Reply #3567 on: November 21, 2006, 12:51:20 PM »

When is Chinese New year???? ?Feb????? maybe that it.... We need to use the Chinse Lunar Calander.
JohnnyMcGunsFan
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #3568 on: November 21, 2006, 01:00:54 PM »

Why do I waste my time with Axl anymore?  The ONLY reason I bought tickets to the Cleveland show is because I figured the album would be out by then.  But, here we are with nothing to show but more excuses and apologists.  I want so badly for all of this to work, but frankly I can't trust Axl anymore.  I forgave him for 2002, but it's happened again and he's lost a fan.  When the band decides to tour again 4 years from now, I certainly won't be going to the show.

Axl, you can make this right by releasing the album when you said you would.  Man up and release it this year. 
SINSHINE
VIP

"I knew the storm was getting closer!"

« Reply #3569 on: November 21, 2006, 01:05:17 PM »

I'm really starting to doubt 2006 now ?Sad

However, there's a glimmer of hope when I think of what we do, in fact, know (and please, correct me if I'm wrong in any spot).

Merk says:

- "...there are ___ Tuesdays left..." (But he doesn't say it will be released on a Tuesday, does he. Furthermore, why do ?we to assume he's talking about the U.S. schedule of releases?)

- (paraphrased) "...it will be out in Europe the day before the U.S...." (Again...does that mean it HAS to be on a Monday in Europe? If I remember correctly, Metallica's 'St. Anger' was released in the U.S. on a Wednesday or a Thursday, I think...and that wasn't even a decent album ?hihi ?)

Axl says:

- "People will hear music this year."
- "It will be out in the Fall."
- "Yes, it will be released this year."

IF...and that's a strong IF...they plan to release CD before the end of the year, and are going for surprise, I'm betting it won't be released on a Tuesday...therefore leaving 29 other possiblities until Christmas and 35 until New Years Day. So if I'm feeling optimistic, this would be my theory.

"You could have a steam train...if you'd just lay down your tracks!" - P. Gabriel
ARC
VIP

DANCE DANCE DANCE DANCE DANCE TO THE RADIO

« Reply #3570 on: November 21, 2006, 01:09:01 PM »

Remember that the new Beatles CD Love was announced 3 weeks before it hit stores (today)...

ok

Different ball game...

The Beatles could release something without ever announcing it and it would still sell BILLIONS. Because it's The Beatles.

"Chinese Democracy" needs to be marketed
axl2
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #3571 on: November 21, 2006, 01:10:31 PM »

I dont really know what they are trying to do. Thing i dont get is it seems like there scared to death to release this thing or even a single. Right now would be ATLEAST a good time to release a Single. I remember back in sept knowing i was going to see GNR. I thought it was pretty obviously by November 20th. something would be going on. A single, announcment on the album or something.

www.bluejayfever.com

Blue Jays Site/Forum...Need Some Members For This Board. We Plan To Make It The Best Jays Site Online.
Dont Try Me
Life Without You
Legend

« Reply #3572 on: November 21, 2006, 01:11:03 PM »

Which tuesdays are left?

28th november unlikely since that date is only 7 days away, shipment and all that crap. nope
5th december: Usually albums get announced with 3/4 weeks notice? Since it's the 21th now.....kinda unlikely even if it's announced this evening at the show.
12th december:If they would announce it tonight the 21th, Perfect timing?
19th december: If this is the date. expect the announcement at end of november, within 7 days!?
26th december: This one? naaaah, A bit late for Christmas shopping no?

So........If this year is still on: it will either come the 12th or the 19th of december! And.........if the three weeks notice is true... we can expect an announcement tonight if the 12th date is on........or within 7 days if the 19th date is on!

Cheesy

ofcourse I'm just guessing  Sad

« Last Edit: November 21, 2006, 01:18:32 PM by Dont Try Me » Logged

Guns N' Roses - Dessel (Graspop)- 24 juni 2012
Guns N' Roses - Rotterdam - 4 juni 2012
Guns N' Roses - Arnhem - 3 oktober 2010 - amazing!!!
Guns N' Roses - Nijmegen - 2 july 2006 - kickass!!!
wells
VIP

!!

« Reply #3573 on: November 21, 2006, 01:11:27 PM »

Remember that the new Beatles CD Love was announced 3 weeks before it hit stores (today)...

ok

Different ball game...

The Beatles could release something without ever announcing it and it would still sell BILLIONS. Because it's The Beatles.

I disagree... it is already greatly marketed... the rumours, million release dates, successful tour, etc.
sjgotnitro
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #3574 on: November 21, 2006, 01:14:07 PM »

Which tuesdays are left?

28th november unlikely since that date is only 7 days away, shipment and all that crap. nope
5th december: Usually albums get announced with 3/4 weeks notice? Since it's the 21th now.....kinda unlikely even if it's announced this evening at the show.
19th december: If this is the date. expect the announcement at end of november, within 7 days!?

So........If this year is still on: it will either come the 12th or the 19th of november! And.........if the three weeks notice is true... we can expect an announcement tonight if the 12th date is on........or within 7 days if the 19th date is on!

Cheesy

ofcourse I'm just guessing? Sad

Cry

I hope your guess is right

Help Needed

Looking For Video
"Hershey PA. June 1991"
ARC
VIP

DANCE DANCE DANCE DANCE DANCE TO THE RADIO

« Reply #3575 on: November 21, 2006, 01:15:18 PM »

ok

Different ball game...

I disagree... it is already greatly marketed... the rumours, million release dates, successful tour, etc.

...but no one outside our little world of fandom gives a shit.

This album has cost approx 15 million. It needs to be bought by a heck of a lot of neutral music fans.

There's 250 people where I work. I'm willing to bet only 2 or 3 will have heard of "Chinese Democracy".
Lara
I Finck therefore I am
Legend

« Reply #3576 on: November 21, 2006, 01:16:29 PM »

It's just us who hear the rumors and discuss the release date.
Normal people's world doesn't revolve around CD.

I really dont understand why they dont just throw us a bone here.
Maybe not a date, but they can certainly see we want confirmation.
Whatever this silly management game is, it's beyond my imagination.
wells
VIP

!!

« Reply #3577 on: November 21, 2006, 01:19:37 PM »

ok

Different ball game...

...but no one outside our little world of fandom gives a shit.

This album has cost approx 15 million. It needs to be bought by a heck of a lot of neutral music fans.

There's 250 people where I work. I'm willing to bet only 2 or 3 will have heard of "Chinese Democracy".

well lets see how many tickets were sold in Europe and NA... and how many tickets will be sold in South America, Asia... we'll see, I have no magic ball
wells
VIP

!!

« Reply #3578 on: November 21, 2006, 01:22:10 PM »

It's just us who hear the rumors and discuss the release date.
Normal people's world doesn't revolve around CD.

I really dont understand why they dont just throw us a bone here.
Maybe not a date, but they can certainly see we want confirmation.
Whatever this silly management game is, it's beyond my imagination.

in all public appearances both Axl & Merck stated it is 2006. Since Eddie Trunk interview... what more confirmation do you need?
Dont Try Me
Life Without You
Legend

« Reply #3579 on: November 21, 2006, 01:22:58 PM »

Which tuesdays are left?

So........If this year is still on: it will either come the 12th or the 19th of december! And.........if the three weeks notice is true... we can expect an announcement tonight if the 12th date is on........or within 7 days if the 19th date is on!

Cheesy

ofcourse I'm just guessing  Sad

Cry

I hope your guess is right

I hope so too man, that would mean an announcement either way within 7/8 days if they go the logical 3 weeks notice route.  Shocked I think I can wait 7 days  Grin

Guns N' Roses - Dessel (Graspop)- 24 juni 2012
Guns N' Roses - Rotterdam - 4 juni 2012
Guns N' Roses - Arnhem - 3 oktober 2010 - amazing!!!
Guns N' Roses - Nijmegen - 2 july 2006 - kickass!!!
Pages: 1 ... 177 178 [179] 180 181 ... 374 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: