Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 01:31:55 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  The CD release date rumor / speculation thread
Pages: 1 ... 175 176 [177] 178 179 ... 374 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The CD release date rumor / speculation thread  (Read 647233 times)
GonsaNRoses
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #3520 on: November 21, 2006, 10:50:54 AM »

so maybe december 19th?  Shocked
Lara
I Finck therefore I am
Legend

« Reply #3521 on: November 21, 2006, 10:51:12 AM »

this pretty much rules out a dec 26th US release date, as stores are shut in europe on christmas day

I'm pretty sure stores are shut in some european countries such as Denmark even the day after Xmas.
Correct me if I'm wrong.
MrMojoRisin
Banned
Rocker

Some Kind of Monster

« Reply #3522 on: November 21, 2006, 10:53:09 AM »

this pretty much rules out a dec 26th US release date, as stores are shut in europe on christmas day

I'm pretty sure stores are shut in some european countries such as Denmark even the day after Xmas.
Correct me if I'm wrong.

they are closed in the US too..
polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #3523 on: November 21, 2006, 10:53:55 AM »

Correct me if I'm wrong.

In Norway they are closed for 2 days after Christmas

Ah, mere infantry. Poor beggars.

GN'R Tour Overview 1984-2007
TVC15
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #3524 on: November 21, 2006, 10:54:06 AM »

Remember that the new Beatles CD Love was announced 3 weeks before it hit stores (today)...

ok
me2u838
Banned
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #3525 on: November 21, 2006, 10:54:34 AM »

they aren't closed in the us on the day after.
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #3526 on: November 21, 2006, 11:03:57 AM »

Correct me if I'm wrong.

All retailers are open in the US on December 26. It's a huge return/exchange day.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
DoctotRupert
Banned
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #3527 on: November 21, 2006, 11:06:23 AM »

Hi, I'm newly registered here. Just like to say thanks to all the posters who update with information, I've been reading these boards for a long time, and I'm sure there are many more who do the same but don't post.

I don't know whether this has been mentioned before. It probably has, but I can't remember reading it:

http://www.hmv.co.uk/hmvweb/simpleSearch.do?pGroupID=1&simpleSearchString=chinese+democracy&primaryID=1&btnSubmitSearch.x=20&btnSubmitSearch.y=12
polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #3528 on: November 21, 2006, 11:06:59 AM »

Also take in mind that "the day after christmas" is the 25th in Europe and the 26th in the US.

Ah, mere infantry. Poor beggars.

GN'R Tour Overview 1984-2007
russtcb
Legend

« Reply #3529 on: November 21, 2006, 11:20:52 AM »

Also take in mind that "the day after christmas" is the 25th in Europe and the 26th in the US.

I meant to ask that. Being an American, that makes me ignorant to the rest of the worlds customs. To my knowledge Christmas is only a big deal in the States. Having said that, December 25 is pretty much a normal day elsewhere but America right?

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
wells
VIP

!!

« Reply #3530 on: November 21, 2006, 11:22:43 AM »

I meant to ask that. Being an American, that makes me ignorant to the rest of the worlds customs. To my knowledge Christmas is only a big deal in the States. Having said that, December 25 is pretty much a normal day elsewhere but America right?

well I am pretty sure it is national holiday in most/whole Europe...
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #3531 on: November 21, 2006, 11:23:38 AM »

the day after christmas is Boxing Day

guess the 26th should be officially crossed off as the day before it is xmas. hihi
Merck once implied it would be before Christmas to boot.

BTW, polluxlm you got a similar email no?
meanmachine73
Rocker

« Reply #3532 on: November 21, 2006, 11:23:45 AM »

Damn, are you serious? The world doesnt revolve around the US...

Sorry, but I have lost the will to answer this post..

Keep em under your wheels.
cyalex
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #3533 on: November 21, 2006, 11:23:56 AM »

I think the album will come out as soon as the tour end next Jan 16 in San Diego, I mean why are they going to release the album late December and then stop touring Huh, I guess they want the most people to see this new band and hear the new tunes in order to see the people reaction then he could set the release date I Hope peace

If the tour end and no word from GNR camp then I am going to ?star to worry Tongue
Refused
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #3534 on: November 21, 2006, 11:25:16 AM »

Releases for the week beginning December 25th are to be released on December 26th in the UK.
russtcb
Legend

« Reply #3535 on: November 21, 2006, 11:25:23 AM »

Damn, are you serious? The world doesnt revolve around the US...

Sorry, but I have lost the will to answer this post..

If you lost the will to answer this post then why the hell did you anyways?? Jesus. Do some of you even think things out before you hit "Post"?

Anyways, my point WAS that I know the world doesn't revolve around the US. Don't get all political and high & mighty on me. I was asking about how December 25 is viewed in other countries.... that's all.

John Galt
Rocker

Peace Sells... But still no one is buying goddamit

« Reply #3536 on: November 21, 2006, 11:26:30 AM »

!!!! ?Yeah the birth of Christ means nothing to anyone apart from the US. ?C'mon please use a bit of common sense!

25th is Christmas Day in most places, however some countries in Europe celebrate the 24th (Christmas Eve) a little more than the 25th depending on local tradition.

Boxing Day (26th) many shops open as the sales start in the UK..
MrMojoRisin
Banned
Rocker

Some Kind of Monster

« Reply #3537 on: November 21, 2006, 11:28:01 AM »

Correct me if I'm wrong.

All retailers are open in the US on December 26. It's a huge return/exchange day.

i ment the 25th... being the 26th in europe...
Sweet Black Magic
Opening Act

I'm a llama!

« Reply #3538 on: November 21, 2006, 11:31:59 AM »

Well, I hope all you "believers" out there run down to your local record store today to pick up your copy of "Chinese Democracy"...

No that we've gotten that out of the way...and now that Mysteron has CONFIRMED that it will not just drop from the sky...maybe we can get back to more realistic expectations now. ?I would say the only feasible date for the rest of the year is 12/26...they have a break from touring so it would be a perfect time to do promotion for Axl. ?Otherwise, I would say that on 12/27 there will be some seriously pissed off fans...although I still maintain (as many others apparently do) that we'll NEVER see it. ?Axl will never be pleased enough to release it.
Refused
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #3539 on: November 21, 2006, 11:32:35 AM »

If you're curious about Christmas:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christmas_worldwide

Careful, you might become cultured!
Pages: 1 ... 175 176 [177] 178 179 ... 374 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: