Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 11:24:54 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  The CD release date rumor / speculation thread
Pages: 1 ... 174 175 [176] 177 178 ... 374 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The CD release date rumor / speculation thread  (Read 647155 times)
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #3500 on: November 21, 2006, 08:57:25 AM »

Naupis, I would have to agree. No record + playing greatest hits=CASH GRAB. If that is what they want to do, fine. But, call a spade a spade. ok

2006 is not over. And they are far from playing the Greatest Hits. They're just playing a majority of the first album. Not the Greatest Hits.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
fridayfan13
Rocker

« Reply #3501 on: November 21, 2006, 08:57:46 AM »

Did he say it WILL be released on a tuesday or was he only pointing out how many tuesdays were left in the year?
Hmm, no he didnt, he merely stated a fact and we have construd it to mean that the CD is coming out this year, the biggest thing we can hope for is that Merck meant "hey there are X number of tuesday left, it might come out this year-theres 3 months to go!". We made out that it would definately be this year based on the fact that Merck can count, we started this whole merry go round and we are now pissed that we can't get off.
Merck has stated that it will come out on a Tuesday this year. i believe it was on the official website for a while. maybe it still is
JB9988
VIP

« Reply #3502 on: November 21, 2006, 08:59:23 AM »

I'd say Axl saying it twice would be "signs".

Hardly. Whether or not he is serious about releasing it has nothing to do with him mentioning it "twice". His main goal was to at least put the notion out there whether or not he is truly serious because his main objective has been to sell as many concert tickets as possible and cash this sucker out, album or not. Getting your base to believe the album is really coming out is a great way to get them motivated and buying tickets, as well as trying to recruit others to do the same. This has been nothing but a big cash grab.

Do you think there would have been half the enthusiasm there was for this or the European tour if he had said point blank there is no album coming, absolutely not. Hence the need to make people think it is coming, even if that is the furthest thing from his true intentions.

You have no clue what Axl's personal motives might be and again, until January 01, 2005 comes without Chinese Democracy you still have no basis to bitch.

So now we go back in time a years and wait a year for guns to tour in 06 deal with this shit again and then wait for 2007! crying
« Last Edit: November 21, 2006, 09:01:12 AM by JB9988 » Logged

russtcb
Legend

« Reply #3503 on: November 21, 2006, 09:01:22 AM »

I'd say Axl saying it twice would be "signs".

Hardly. Whether or not he is serious about releasing it has nothing to do with him mentioning it "twice". His main goal was to at least put the notion out there whether or not he is truly serious because his main objective has been to sell as many concert tickets as possible and cash this sucker out, album or not. Getting your base to believe the album is really coming out is a great way to get them motivated and buying tickets, as well as trying to recruit others to do the same. This has been nothing but a big cash grab.

Do you think there would have been half the enthusiasm there was for this or the European tour if he had said point blank there is no album coming, absolutely not. Hence the need to make people think it is coming, even if that is the furthest thing from his true intentions.

You have no clue what Axl's personal motives might be and again, until January 01, 2005 comes without Chinese Democracy you still have no basis to bitch.

So now we go back in time Roll Eyes

Hahaha.....OOPS!

"A....doc....are you telling me you built a time machine out of a message board?!"

Damn....trying SO hard to look valid, then a typo comes up and bites me in the ass!!
 rofl

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
Naupis
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #3504 on: November 21, 2006, 09:02:05 AM »

If he fails to deliver an album this year what else can you call these tours other than a cash grab? Seems kind of self explanatory.
wight gunner
VIP

"Paranoia is just another type of awareness"

« Reply #3505 on: November 21, 2006, 09:04:15 AM »

To be honest, the best policy regarding the release/or not whatever the case may be, is to announce a date and ride the wave to the launch. ?The security etc needn't be compromised because of this. ?Forgive me Axl, but unless what you have planned is truely a one off (some might say having the album in the shops would be a one off) then little will be achieved by pissing the fans around. ?Say Feb 14 07 if you have too, but cut out the uncertainty eh!

Hobos are people who move around looking for work, tramps are people who move around but don't look for work, and bums are people who don't move and don't work. I've been all three. -Seasick Steve
russtcb
Legend

« Reply #3506 on: November 21, 2006, 09:11:20 AM »

If he fails to deliver an album this year what else can you call these tours other than a cash grab? Seems kind of self explanatory.

That's the key that everyone leaves out.

BKinNYC
Rocker

Worrying's a waste of my time.

« Reply #3507 on: November 21, 2006, 09:24:07 AM »

Of course it's a cash grab, until the album comes out.

I think the saddest thing about all of this is that we're such believers.  Everytime Axl or Merck give us a non-specific hint that the album MIGHT be out, we all grab on to the statement, hoping it's true. 

That's why I said earlier that I'll just stop getting excited by these stupid "vague" statements they come out with.  I'm done with speculating, and I really don't EVER expect CD to come out.  When and if it does, I'll be as excited and surprised as anyone on here.  But this constant speculation is too much wasted energy.
MJRoses23
Rocker

JORDAN FOR THE WIN!!!

« Reply #3508 on: November 21, 2006, 09:45:09 AM »

.?
I'm done with speculating, and I really don't EVER expect CD to come out.? When and if it does, I'll be as excited and surprised as anyone on here.? But this constant speculation is too much wasted energy.

I am starting to feel the same way.  I have been so hopeful that this thing would come out this year after years of let downs and years of silence.  This year looked so promising I actually had my friends believing it would come out, but it appears as though its not and that it may never actually see the light of day. 

Its a sad thing really, and I will still hold onto that last bit of hope that it will come out.  But if it doesnt come out this year theres a strong chance that i will give up hope and throw in the towel. 

Of course ill go buy it the day it comes out if that should ever happen, but the excitement wont be there like it would have been in the past.

PS.  Sorry i had to vent this out ive been thinkin it for days now

"Its not how hard you push along the way...its having something left to finish"

-Michael Jordan
sjgotnitro
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #3509 on: November 21, 2006, 09:46:05 AM »

I would bet the album was done ready for mastering but since they recently (process could be done by now) decided to add BBF and frank to the mix it is in the final process again. Here is my theory.

Look at it as scheduling in reverse they have an end point or a date in the mind (which we do not know) when they want to release the CD, so you subtract shipping, pressing and mastering process from that and it gives you the drop dead last date to have CD mixed by and ready for mastering. Then comes the idea (which we know (FACT) happened or still happening ) ?of having BBF and Frank add there contributions to the album. ?So it is or was a race against the clock(and that race could be over for all we know) to get them to rerecord as much as possible of the ?portions done by previous memebers. ?We already have seen on this board from someone who worked in the CD industry that if a time slot ?was reserved for pressing it could be done in as little as 2 weeks master to shipping. I still think there is no reason to doubt a 2006 release, time is running thin but not out

Yes I do think it was done once in the last few months but since the tour and chemistry has been great they decided to get thses 2 guys on the album. Which I have no problem with it makes me happy, they deserve being on the CD . I think this is also the reason a hard date has not been given anything can happen while changes are being made so it makes sense not to give no hard date until cd is ready for master.

Again this is just my 2 cents compilied by facts, clues, guesses, and common sense.? I'm bored here at work as you can guess

Help Needed

Looking For Video
"Hershey PA. June 1991"
RnT
Legend

Every saint has a past, every sinner has a future.

« Reply #3510 on: November 21, 2006, 10:22:31 AM »

just a little mention here, in the 2? Brazilian Rolling Stones there?s an article about GNR with a cool picture of Axl, saying the same thing that the RS said, mentions that CD will be out this year accourding to Merk, Axl

GonsaNRoses
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #3511 on: November 21, 2006, 10:24:22 AM »

A fan mail merck:

Hey! I know you get alot of these, but as you may have noticed, that did not stop me.
What I was wondering was if Norway, which is were I live, will be gettin Guns N' Roses's new cd, to be released this year as promissed, a day befor the american market? European cd's are usually released Monday's while the US get's them on Tuesday's.

If you are not able to respond, that's OK, I know you must have a pretty tight schedule.

Just incase you're hanging with the band in the near future, please tell them that what they're doing is highly damn appreciated! The show they put on the two dates I got to see them this summer bleeew me away! My eyes get weet just thinking about it.

Anyways, Thank you for your time.

- Markus

ANSWER:

Thank you. When the album is released it will come out in Norway and all of Europe the day before the US.

Thanks to markus 89 & hbk
http://www.rancor.com.ar//foro/
Lara
I Finck therefore I am
Legend

« Reply #3512 on: November 21, 2006, 10:29:32 AM »

ANSWER:

Thank you. When the album is released it will come out in Norway and all of Europe the day before the US.

Woohoo!  beer

I'm a happy european citizen!  Grin
Steffi
« Reply #3513 on: November 21, 2006, 10:32:55 AM »

FUNK!
No news today either. I can't take this anymore! I have been waiting so long for Nov 21st. GAH!
Now I'm gonna blast out I.R.S so funkin loud that it could wake the dead, and just have myself a little roidrage.
Jimmy?
You can't really dust for vomit
Legend

Don't you try to stop us now.......

« Reply #3514 on: November 21, 2006, 10:33:31 AM »

A fan mail merck:

Hey! I know you get alot of these, but as you may have noticed, that did not stop me.
What I was wondering was if Norway, which is were I live, will be gettin Guns N' Roses's new cd, to be released this year as promissed, a day befor the american market? European cd's are usually released Monday's while the US get's them on Tuesday's.

If you are not able to respond, that's OK, I know you must have a pretty tight schedule.

Just incase you're hanging with the band in the near future, please tell them that what they're doing is highly damn appreciated! The show they put on the two dates I got to see them this summer bleeew me away! My eyes get weet just thinking about it.

- Markus

ANSWER:

so its not gonna be a surprise release on the same day worldwide....we should get an announcement then
meanmachine73
Rocker

« Reply #3515 on: November 21, 2006, 10:39:23 AM »

Thats all well and good, it's nice that Merck or he's PA takes the time to answer Emails. But for Fuck Sake, answer one very very simple question, is it 100% the album will hit this year...

As the Sex Pistols once said, do you ?feel cheated?

My answer: Right now, yes VERY.

As a fan since 1987 I and millions of others have supported the band in all it's guises in spirit and financially though CD sales, merchandise, tickets etc etc I do feel that Axl owes the fans...

This whole secrecy thing is getting very tired.

Keep em under your wheels.
stardustonmyfeet
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #3516 on: November 21, 2006, 10:41:06 AM »

its never gonna come out no
BKinNYC
Rocker

Worrying's a waste of my time.

« Reply #3517 on: November 21, 2006, 10:44:28 AM »

.......and that email from Merck pretty much proves my point.  Why even continue to speculate, or hold Axl/the band/management to anything?  Face it - they can't make any promises, and just continue to give vague answers.  I'm not really sure how they're doing a service to anyone with all of this secrecy.

smugolo
Headliner

"I don't worry about nothin', no..."

« Reply #3518 on: November 21, 2006, 10:47:35 AM »

A fan mail merck:

- Markus

ANSWER:

this pretty much rules out a dec 26th US release date, as stores are shut in europe on christmas day

GN'R 2006 - Dublin 9th June - Sheffield 18th July - Manchester 23rd July
sjgotnitro
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #3519 on: November 21, 2006, 10:50:14 AM »

.......and that email from Merck pretty much proves my point.? Why even continue to speculate, or hold Axl/the band/management to anything?? Face it - they can't make any promises, and just continue to give vague answers.? I'm not really sure how they're doing a service to anyone with all of this secrecy.

I think it all works with my theory above, until the album is ready for mass production we will hear no hard date. BUt I think that date or info on date is coming real soon. So far they have been pretty forward with info compared to other years. When ever there has been a shit storm of rumors going they squash them. So with the 21st here and gone and the year coming to a close soon, the rumors will fly and they will speak up again

Help Needed

Looking For Video
"Hershey PA. June 1991"
Pages: 1 ... 174 175 [176] 177 178 ... 374 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: