Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 11:38:13 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228524 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  The CD release date rumor / speculation thread
Pages: 1 ... 161 162 [163] 164 165 ... 374 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The CD release date rumor / speculation thread  (Read 646779 times)
Slashead
Banned
VIP

« Reply #3240 on: November 20, 2006, 08:26:50 AM »

My money is on Nov 28th. There's been rumours that a French megastore had it listed as coming out that day.

I'll download it !
polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #3241 on: November 20, 2006, 08:30:51 AM »

My money is on Nov 28th. There's been rumours that a French megastore had it listed as coming out that day.

Oh really? A record store got it listed? hihi

Ah, mere infantry. Poor beggars.

GN'R Tour Overview 1984-2007
Lesty
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #3242 on: November 20, 2006, 09:03:10 AM »

You don't think the gap is just because of Thanksgiving??

Yes, the gap is obviously for thanksgiving. Everyone is travelling or with family on the 22nd and 23rd. It wouldn't make sense to play either of those days, and I'm sure the guys in the band might want to have a couple days off and spend it with their families. The gap has NOTHING to do with releasing the CD or promotion.

TWT
Rocker

GNR's next lead guitarist

« Reply #3243 on: November 20, 2006, 09:05:30 AM »

I think Universal has rejected the album but saving Axl the embarrassment of making it public. Tracks like IRS, The Blues and Chinese Democracy don't live up to the thirteen years of waiting and hype.
bringu2yourknees
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #3244 on: November 20, 2006, 09:56:45 AM »

I think Universal has rejected the album but saving Axl the embarrassment of making it public. Tracks like IRS, The Blues and Chinese Democracy don't live up to the thirteen years of waiting and hype.

Not taking anything away from your statement, but if this were truly the case, then our chances of seeing Chinese Democracy, EVER, would be slim to none.  Anybody would be hard pressed to make an album that Universal sees as living up to 13 years in the making, GnR or not.  And if they're looking to save anyone from embarrassment, it would be themselves not Axl.  Who even knows if those tracks will be on CD if/when it is released?!
requiem156
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #3245 on: November 20, 2006, 10:03:48 AM »

There is no way to live up to the hype. That doesn't mean he shouldn't release the album. I'm sure that the record company wants to re-coup as much money as they can on the project. I don't see how leaving it in the can would help that happen, or why they would have funded it this far if there was no plan to release.

So yeah, I guess what I'm saying is that your theory doesn't seem well-grounded or logical to me.
cyalex
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #3246 on: November 20, 2006, 10:06:55 AM »

This will be a long waiting til nov 28, after that date I won't expect the album to be released this year Embarrassed Undecided Cry
Meanmachine22
Rocker

Trust me it's worth the waiting...

« Reply #3247 on: November 20, 2006, 10:07:59 AM »

Not taking anything away from your statement, but if this were truly the case, then our chances of seeing Chinese Democracy, EVER, would be slim to none.? Anybody would be hard pressed to make an album that Universal sees as living up to 13 years in the making, GnR or not.? And if they're looking to save anyone from embarrassment, it would be themselves not Axl.? Who even knows if those tracks will be on CD if/when it is released?!

Wasn't that what happened in 2002?? If the label denied it this time it must be earthshattering bad because i can not imagine Universal/Geffen ?to refuse an album that would let them make some money. And a GNR album would make money. No matter how bad it is. At least it would sell in the first few weeks....
Besides that: any official at the label would be just insane to deny the album if you consider they would want to "cut" the losses

"when i say the time is right..well, than the time is right fuckhead!"
daviebuckethead
VIP

it'd be a long time for anyone..........

« Reply #3248 on: November 20, 2006, 10:34:00 AM »

Not taking anything away from your statement, but if this were truly the case, then our chances of seeing Chinese Democracy, EVER, would be slim to none.? Anybody would be hard pressed to make an album that Universal sees as living up to 13 years in the making, GnR or not.? And if they're looking to save anyone from embarrassment, it would be themselves not Axl.? Who even knows if those tracks will be on CD if/when it is released?!
/quote]

Wasn't that what happened in 2002?? If the label denied it this time it must be earthshattering bad because i can not imagine Universal/Geffen? to refuse an album that would let them make some money. And a GNR album would make money. No matter how bad it is. At least it would sell in the first few weeks....
Besides that: any official at the label would be just insane to deny the album if you consider they would want to "cut" the losses

well a record company let metallica release St. Anger so..... hihi

out of interest did merck or anyone deny that the 28th was the day? i think something may happen tomorrow (21st), due to various mags, radio, talking metal saying something was gonna happen on the 21st (maybe harley ad, maybe single...)

so im basically askin' did merck deny the 28th?

also im agreeing with one of the other guys who posted that if not the 28th then i dont think this year looks good, although im not bashing the band, i'd be real dissappointed no

« Last Edit: November 20, 2006, 10:40:42 AM by daviebuckethead » Logged

everytime i see them makes me wish i had a gun.....
polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #3249 on: November 20, 2006, 10:38:51 AM »

With all the shit Universal throws at us each year, I highly doubt an album like CD would be rejected in any form. There could perhaps be differences on how much money to put into the release, but that's a whole other issue.

Reject Better? That song alone is good enough for any record company to achieve a succesfull release, of any album by any band. 1 great song is all they really need to sell something to the public.

If the label is blamed in any way it will most likely be a cover story. This release is on Axl and only Axl.

Ah, mere infantry. Poor beggars.

GN'R Tour Overview 1984-2007
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #3250 on: November 20, 2006, 10:49:03 AM »

It would really be nice to get some sort of statement regarding CD.

The posts have gone from "when is this brillant cd going to be released" to "maybe it so bad the record co. won't release it".

This is what happens when you have blind rampant speculation. confused

« Last Edit: November 20, 2006, 10:51:56 AM by FunkyMonkey » Logged

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
fixintodie
« Reply #3251 on: November 20, 2006, 10:50:29 AM »

It would really be nice to get some sort of statement regarding CD.

The posts have gone from "when is this brillant cd going to be release" to "maybe it so bad the record co. won't release it".

This is what happens when you have blind rampant speculation. confused

Blind speculation that could be ended in an instant. No effort.
madagas
« Reply #3252 on: November 20, 2006, 10:51:14 AM »

Merck said the 21st was the WRONG date. The latest official statement from Merck and Axl says one of the remaining tuesdays THIS year. Why do they need to comment on anything? Until that changes, then there is no reason to say anything. Roll Eyes
pasnow
VIP

« Reply #3253 on: November 20, 2006, 10:51:42 AM »

Yeah, we've heard 5 or 6 songs that could be on the album. Most of which are pretty good, good enough to release at least. Throw in 2 acoustic songs & they damn near have and albums worth of material.

I seriously hope ppl don't start placing this on the record company & their legal mumbo-jombo, Axl had since January (let alone since 1999) to finish it, give it to the label & and allow them to put it out. And I would think Universal wants to release this album asap.
fixintodie
« Reply #3254 on: November 20, 2006, 10:53:01 AM »

Merck said the 21st was the WRONG date. The latest official statement from Mmerck and Axl says one of the remaining tuesdays THIS year. Why do they need to comment on anything?

Because time is running out, and there's no sign of an album. No release date, the record company in Canada claims not to know anything about it, and a whole lot of soon-to-be-disappointed people will be heading to their record stores tomorrow.
bringu2yourknees
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #3255 on: November 20, 2006, 10:54:16 AM »

With all the shit Universal throws at us each year, I highly doubt an album like CD would be rejected in any form. There could perhaps be differences on how much money to put into the release, but that's a whole other issue.

Reject Better? That song alone is good enough for any record company to achieve a succesfull release, of any album by any band. 1 great song is all they really need to sell something to the public.

If the label is blamed in any way it will most likely be a cover story. This release is on Axl and only Axl.

Yeah I'm not one to point fingers, but it seems that most labels are into throwing "shit" at the walls and releasing anything that sticks. ?It just so happens that some the the "shit" turns out smelling better than others(don't know where that analogy came from ).I agree that if a delay has anything to do with the label, that it's more than likely a $$$ thing than a song quality problem...
madagas
« Reply #3256 on: November 20, 2006, 10:54:32 AM »

Fixin, then they are idiots. Cool
pasnow
VIP

« Reply #3257 on: November 20, 2006, 10:55:20 AM »

Merck said the 21st was the WRONG date. The latest official statement from Mmerck and Axl says one of the remaining tuesdays THIS year. Why do they need to comment on anything?

Because time is running out, and there's no sign of an album. No release date, the record company in Canada claims not to know anything about it, and a whole lot of soon-to-be-disappointed people will be heading to their record stores tomorrow.

You'd have to be stupid to goto the record store tomorrow & expect it to be there. Save your gas money. To me, the odds of it coming out this year are down to about 33%.
fixintodie
« Reply #3258 on: November 20, 2006, 10:55:55 AM »

Or people who read Rolling Stone/listen to Sirius, and don't waste their lives on message boards, like us Wink
pasnow
VIP

« Reply #3259 on: November 20, 2006, 10:56:36 AM »

Or people who read Rolling Stone/listen to Sirius, and don't waste their lives on message boards, like us Wink

Good point.
Pages: 1 ... 161 162 [163] 164 165 ... 374 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: