Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 05:28:38 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228524 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  The CD release date rumor / speculation thread
Pages: 1 ... 155 156 [157] 158 159 ... 374 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The CD release date rumor / speculation thread  (Read 646559 times)
TAP
Banned
Rocker

March of the Pigs

« Reply #3120 on: November 18, 2006, 02:09:25 PM »

Some are saying December 26th. I have no problem with a little late Christmas present from Axl. If it doesn't come in 06' I'm fine with it........as long as it comes out early 07'.

Yeah, after this long, February'07 and December '06 aren't really that different. Thing is, if the album is ready, it would have made sense to have released it during the tour (preferably at the start), and now the tour's started it doesn't seem likely Axl/GNR would have much time to work on it, so if it isn't December, I don't think early '07 is likely either.

Now doesn't that make you feel better?
The pigs have won tonight
Now they can all sleep soundly
And everything is all right
guns_n_motley
« Reply #3121 on: November 18, 2006, 02:11:20 PM »

Some are saying December 26th. I have no problem with a little late Christmas present from Axl. If it doesn't come in 06' I'm fine with it........as long as it comes out early 07'.

Yeah, after this long, February'07 and December '06 aren't really that different. Thing is, if the album is ready, it would have made sense to have released it during the tour (preferably at the start), and now the tour's started it doesn't seem likely Axl/GNR would have much time to work on it, so if it isn't December, I don't think early '07 is likely either.

remember, GNR still has dates in Janruary 2007...

but a noticably long break starting with December 20-Janruary 10
guns_n_motley
« Reply #3122 on: November 18, 2006, 02:15:57 PM »

yourfinalanswer seems very confident of that date and quite knowledgeable of the music industry im guessing he works for a different record label but doesnt want to reveal to much about his source in case its postponed ?Undecided

ya, he seems confident about the date, and even on how it will be released...
TAP
Banned
Rocker

March of the Pigs

« Reply #3123 on: November 18, 2006, 02:25:53 PM »

remember, GNR still has dates in Janruary 2007...

but a noticably long break starting with December 20-Janruary 10

Time for a well deserved rest....

Now doesn't that make you feel better?
The pigs have won tonight
Now they can all sleep soundly
And everything is all right
Refused
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #3124 on: November 18, 2006, 02:39:19 PM »

Are they not allowed to see their families then?
Must be hard work for an old man to do all these gigs. Axl needs time to rest his weary bones.
lennonisgod
VIP

TWAT

« Reply #3125 on: November 18, 2006, 04:56:26 PM »

Brian Wilson - Smile - 37 years.   Not 10 years.  Not 13 years.  37.  Arguably the most anticipated release of all time.

Think they did a worldwide same day release?

Seems just like the "surprise release" theory.   No precedent for it, just wishful thinking that people repeat over and over and over again until it turns into fact. 

Do you think "Smile" was being worked on for 37 years? Shelved yes, but I highly doubt it was being worked on for that amount of time.

Another good post. Smile was shelved...

Was it released yeah... But it was suppose to be a Beach Boys album...

So hopefully one day the Beach Boys work that they did on it will be released. I do know some songs have appeared on some albums and packages but it hasnt all been released except for what Brian put together.

Funny, I have about 5 different versions of Smile with the Beach Boys.  I have so many different versions of each song at different moments of their creation.  Of course they aren't officially released but they are very easy to get or at least they were for me. 

But I think CD has had a lot more work put into it than Smile did in it's combined 37 years or whatever... a lot more work.

Social class and registers, Cocaine in the hall, All the way from California...
Thorazine Shuffle
East coast struttin
Legend

God hates a coward sonny.

« Reply #3126 on: November 18, 2006, 06:19:05 PM »

Every year since 99 it's the same story.

It's expected in Nov, then Dec, then Jan and Feb of the next year.

These delays do matter.

stardustonmyfeet
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #3127 on: November 18, 2006, 06:54:54 PM »

Every year since 99 it's the same story.

It's expected in Nov, then Dec, then Jan and Feb of the next year.

These delays do matter.

yes it does, because axl is losing more and more credibility becuase of things like this!  he doesnt wanna be the biggest joke in rock music again like in 2002.  its a shame because he was doing so much better this year
brianfantana
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #3128 on: November 18, 2006, 09:10:40 PM »

Hey whats goin on, im pretty new here so whats up. So yea I was at work today and listening to the local classic rock station (102.5wdve) and one of the mid day DJs was talking about chinese democracy and said that it was supposed to be out some time this year but looks like it got pushed back to an 07 release. He then went on to talk about how it seems like the new gnr have a cycle of almost releasing the record then decide to push it back. Dunno if this warrents any kind of merit. but just thought id let you guys know.
ElChino
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #3129 on: November 18, 2006, 09:26:58 PM »

THIS WEEK'S ENTERTAINMENT WEEKLY HAS A CHIONESE DEMOCRACY TIMELINE ON PAGE 22
Bartlet
Banned
VIP

Here Today...And Back Tommorrow

« Reply #3130 on: November 18, 2006, 09:28:17 PM »

can you elaborate?

I would'nt do that if I were you.
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #3131 on: November 18, 2006, 09:55:00 PM »

THIS WEEK'S ENTERTAINMENT WEEKLY HAS A CHIONESE DEMOCRACY TIMELINE ON PAGE 22

You have to give us more than that confused

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
masterdan
Banned
Rocker

No one can live in sorrow- -ask all your friends..

« Reply #3132 on: November 18, 2006, 09:56:40 PM »

People think Chinese Democracy won't come out this year because there still hasn't been a single or anything...

IF Guns N' Roses is REALLY planning a secret or "surprise" release of the album, then of course they won't release a single before they release the album...IT'S A SECRET!!!   hihi

SO.  With that said...November 21st could very well be the release date still.  ok

Guns N' Roses @ the Bradley Center: 11/29 (CANCELLED)
ElChino
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #3133 on: November 18, 2006, 10:00:21 PM »

NOT MUCH, JUST A LISTING OF QUOTES, PRESS RELEASES, ETC, SINCE THE MID 90'S REGARDING THE CD'S RELEASE...IT CONCLUDES WITH THEM CONTACTING MANAGEMENT 2 C IF THE CD'S STILL COMING OUT THIS YEAR, BUT THEY GOT NO RESPONSE
LittleFly
Legend

A dream realized

« Reply #3134 on: November 18, 2006, 10:11:41 PM »

NOT MUCH, JUST A LISTING OF QUOTES, PRESS RELEASES, ETC, SINCE THE MID 90'S REGARDING THE CD'S RELEASE...IT CONCLUDES WITH THEM CONTACTING MANAGEMENT 2 C IF THE CD'S STILL COMING OUT THIS YEAR, BUT THEY GOT NO RESPONSE

STOP YELLING, WE CAN HEAR YOU!!

Thanks for the info though Smiley

"I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it"

www.cindyscrazy.com   www.facebook.com/cindyscrazy

"...now where's that monkey? I want to shoot something"- Cap'n Jack Sparrow
dboyd13
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #3135 on: November 18, 2006, 10:27:55 PM »

I posted the Etertainment Weekly thread many days ago, I put the whole article on there. beer beer
Zeta
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #3136 on: November 18, 2006, 10:38:27 PM »

I really don't think it's going to be out this year.
There's absolutely no publicity whatsoever, now there are rumours that the release date was pushed back ONCE AGAIN (after all, rumours is all we've got, we really know nothing of the CD)... it all indicates it's not going to be released, at least this year... I hope I am wrong but... I don't think so.
joscott
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #3137 on: November 18, 2006, 11:29:20 PM »

Asked at fye today, and they had nothing.
Robman?
Legend

Catcher In The Rye

« Reply #3138 on: November 19, 2006, 12:00:03 AM »

STOP YELLING, WE CAN HEAR YOU!!

that made me laugh my ass off  yes

Bang Bang
Rocker

Free speech?

« Reply #3139 on: November 19, 2006, 12:12:02 AM »

On Saturday I went to HMV on Queen Street in Toronto to ask about the ChinDem release date.  First I checked the GNR section.  There was a divider that said the new Guns N' Roses album is coming in 2006.  I went to talk to a staff member (yes a proverbial dude with long hair hihi) and he told me that he doesn't know when it is coming out.  He said they had an actual date and we passed that date.  I asked what that date was.  We checked the computer but the album was "no longer in the system".  After that, I went over to the Guns N' Roses section with the HMV guy and showed him the divider.  He pulled it out and took it with him, saying that this no longer applies.   Sad  I've heard the same thing from these guys since 1995. Angry

The last beautiful free soul on this planet!
Pages: 1 ... 155 156 [157] 158 159 ... 374 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: