Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 03:29:20 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228524 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  The CD release date rumor / speculation thread
Pages: 1 ... 154 155 [156] 157 158 ... 374 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The CD release date rumor / speculation thread  (Read 646517 times)
guns_n_motley
« Reply #3100 on: November 17, 2006, 05:02:57 PM »

It would be out today in the Netherlands if that was the case. It isn't out.

Anyone who thinks it's coming out next Monday/Tuesday either clearly has a poor grasp of how record stores work, or thinks Axl Rose is some kind of wizard.

This album will not be released earlier in any Country. ie - Monday in the UK or Friday in Germany or anything like that. Part of the reason not to state a release date is to prevent leaks.

As I stated before HMV here in Canada don't need any notice and get shipments everyday, all they need is the shipment stating the date of release.? ok

You making the process of shipping and putting a CD on the shelf very complicated. It's not.

And you know that how?

Or you just think that GNR is that much more special that all the other bands in the world that DO release CDs in different days in different countries? Smiley

do you think GNR is that more special than all the other bands in the world that theyd spend 13years on an album and 13million? and the record company wouldnt drop them?Huh

there is huge demand for this album... they will release simultaneously on the same day..
Howard2k
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #3101 on: November 17, 2006, 05:09:50 PM »

Brian Wilson - Smile - 37 years.   Not 10 years.  Not 13 years.  37.  Arguably the most anticipated release of all time.

Think they did a worldwide same day release?

Seems just like the "surprise release" theory.   No precedent for it, just wishful thinking that people repeat over and over and over again until it turns into fact. 

Please be sure that your topic is on the "allowed" list before posting.

Only 23% of my posts get removed!

What leaks??
Super-Ecwfan1
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #3102 on: November 17, 2006, 05:30:41 PM »

Brian Wilson - Smile - 37 years.? ?Not 10 years.? Not 13 years.? 37.? Arguably the most anticipated release of all time.

Seems just like the "surprise release" theory.? ?No precedent for it, just wishful thinking that people repeat over and over and over again until it turns into fact.?

The differance with Smile and Chinese Democracy is that Guns n Roses remained a very hot band in periods. Right now in 2006 the band is riding a hot streak of sold out shows and Rose is in the press a lot. The leaks also helped.

Brian Wilson has seemingly became an oldie act and thats just the fact of life. His album was shelved and after 37 years it emerged finally. But a lot of newer fans will look at each other and go " Who is Brian Wilson ? " Those lucky enough will have parents explain it to them.

Now Guns n Roses have had a Hits Collection still in Billboard's top #200 , a video package DVD , A Live double disc package released as well. In all these allowed Geffen to pocket money spent on waiting on CD and keep G'n'R around to new and old fans. Rose himself has allowed G'n'R songs to be used on TV shows , Video games and other young media.

The wait on CD has been chronicled on TV shows and magazines.

Refused
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #3103 on: November 17, 2006, 05:39:03 PM »

Just to let you know, it appears that Chinese Democracy has been completely removed from the HMV website.
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #3104 on: November 17, 2006, 05:41:42 PM »

Just to let you know, it appears that Chinese Democracy has been completely removed from the HMV website.

Now that is progress.

At we can mow down these rumors to pass the time.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
Refused
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #3105 on: November 17, 2006, 05:43:55 PM »

I await a response saying something along the lines of "management made them do it so the release would be more secret!"
 hihi
EstrangedReality
« Reply #3106 on: November 17, 2006, 05:51:30 PM »

I think a lot of people hate Axl nowadays who aren't die hard fans, but a lot of these people will also buy the album out of curiosity. It's going to sell well, because even the haters will be tempted.

That said, a lot of people will also probably download it, so we'll see.

I just want it to come out, so I can listen to it!  ok
J?
Kid In The Hall
Banned
VIP

Here Since January 11th 2002

« Reply #3107 on: November 17, 2006, 06:01:58 PM »

Brian Wilson - Smile - 37 years.? ?Not 10 years.? Not 13 years.? 37.? Arguably the most anticipated release of all time.

Seems just like the "surprise release" theory.? ?No precedent for it, just wishful thinking that people repeat over and over and over again until it turns into fact.?

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?The differance with Smile and Chinese Democracy is that Guns n Roses remained a very hot band in periods. Right now in 2006 the band is riding a hot streak of sold out shows and Rose is in the press a lot. The leaks also helped.

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?Brian Wilson has seemingly became an oldie act and thats just the fact of life. His album was shelved and after 37 years it emerged finally. But a lot of newer fans will look at each other and go " Who is Brian Wilson ? " Those lucky enough will have parents explain it to them.

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? Now Guns n Roses have had a Hits Collection still in Billboard's top #200 , a video package DVD , A Live double disc package released as well. In all these allowed Geffen to pocket money spent on waiting on CD and keep G'n'R around to new and old fans. Rose himself has allowed G'n'R songs to be used on TV shows , Video games and other young media.

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? The wait on CD has been chronicled on TV shows and magazines.

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?

Bullshit

Buddy Guns N' Roses plays basically a greatest hits package every night and they too can be labeled an oldies act.

No new material on the market, no radio play, except for classic rock stations.

Fuck All Y'all
TWT
Rocker

GNR's next lead guitarist

« Reply #3108 on: November 17, 2006, 06:03:55 PM »

I think a lot of people hate Axl nowadays who aren't die hard fans, but a lot of these people will also buy the album out of curiosity. It's going to sell well, because even the haters will be tempted.

Yes, these 'haters' will ensure Chinese Democracy is shared all over the net illegally more than any other album has ever been.
TrixAreForKids
Silly Rabbit
Rocker

Tongue like a razor.

« Reply #3109 on: November 17, 2006, 06:06:39 PM »

Do you think "Smile" was being worked on for 37 years? Shelved yes, but I highly doubt it was being worked on for that amount of time.
Mark7955
Rocker

Democracy is Here...

« Reply #3110 on: November 17, 2006, 06:08:15 PM »

OK, so I was listening to Hair Nation on Sirius today around 2pm (atlantic time)...and just before I went to class the DJ said "stick around for information on the upcomming Chinese Democracy"...I waited like 20-30mins listening to music on that channel, I dont know if I missed what she was going to say or if I left for class before she announced something... anyone have any ideas or could they just be causing shit?

"The fire is burnin' and it's outta control, it's not a problem you can stop, it's ROCK N' ROLL!"
"With your bitch slap rappin' and your cocaine tongue you get nothin' done"

11/20/06 - Halifax, NS
J?
Kid In The Hall
Banned
VIP

« Reply #3111 on: November 17, 2006, 06:08:43 PM »

Yes, these 'haters' will ensure Chinese Democracy is shared all over the net illegally more than any other album has ever been.

Again Bullshit...

I think if you are a fan then you'll probs buy the album when it comes out or eventually , and yes people will download it and if its good and they like it then they will probs get it or maybe not...

I think its bullshit to think that this album will be even more shared illegally because so called haters will.

Your post is bullshit and really retarded.

Would've could've should've bullshit.

They first have to RELEASE an album or have it pressed and shit in order for it to leak...

« Last Edit: November 17, 2006, 06:12:29 PM by Jimmer Jammer » Logged

Fuck All Y'all
J?
Kid In The Hall
Banned
VIP

« Reply #3112 on: November 17, 2006, 06:10:57 PM »

Do you think "Smile" was being worked on for 37 years? Shelved yes, but I highly doubt it was being worked on for that amount of time.

Another good post. Smile was shelved...

Was it released yeah... But it was suppose to be a Beach Boys album...

So hopefully one day the Beach Boys work that they did on it will be released. I do know some songs have appeared on some albums and packages but it hasnt all been released except for what Brian put together.

Fuck All Y'all
Howard2k
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #3113 on: November 17, 2006, 06:33:03 PM »

I have to be honest, I don't know the full story behind it.   I would certainly not think that it was worked on constantly for 37 years.   And I'd be EQUALLY sure that GNR haven't been working constantly on Chi Dem for 13 years too.

The situations are not the same, but there are some parallels.

Chi Dem is a spectacularly important release to GNR fans. 

Again - there's no precedent for the certainty of the "surprise release" and "simultaneous worldwide release since it's Chi Dem".   At least as far as I know.   I've asked on NUMEROUS occasions for some sort of solidity behind the surprise release thing and there isn't any.   Or if there is, maybe that's a surprise too Wink

Please be sure that your topic is on the "allowed" list before posting.

Only 23% of my posts get removed!

What leaks??
madagas
« Reply #3114 on: November 17, 2006, 06:39:52 PM »

Smile was worked on for about a year, 66-67, then shelved for the next 36 years. He then re-recorded it in 2004. FAR FAR FAR LESS TIME THAN AXL has worked on Chinese. hihi
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #3115 on: November 18, 2006, 01:10:13 PM »

I know this means NOTHING but listening to Sirius Hair Nation, right before "My Michelle" the DJ came on and said, Chinese Democracy is coming out Tuesday. 

Again, I'm sure he doesn't know anything for sure,  just stating one of the MANY rumors he's heard.  One guy says this Tuesday, another says December, some say 2007.  Just thought I'd throw it out there.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
JB9988
VIP

« Reply #3116 on: November 18, 2006, 01:11:32 PM »

early 07

Slashead
Banned
VIP

« Reply #3117 on: November 18, 2006, 01:27:53 PM »

I'm a huge Axl fan, but to compare him with Brian Wilson is totally exaggerated. Listen to Pet Sounds... not even The Beatles were near as good.

Concerning Chin dem, I think it will come out in a couple of weeks. Smiley

I'll download it !
GeraldFord
« Reply #3118 on: November 18, 2006, 02:00:20 PM »

I'm a huge Axl fan, but to compare him with Brian Wilson is totally exaggerated. Listen to Pet Sounds... not even The Beatles were near as good.

Concerning Chin dem, I think it will come out in a couple of weeks. Smiley

Pet Sounds may be a groundbreaking album, but I never cared for it. I'd take any GN'R songs (including the leaks) over Pet Sounds. And any Beatles album is head-and-shoulders better than any Beach Boys album.

gunsnroses85
Headliner

YOU'RE GONNA' DIEEEE!!!!!

« Reply #3119 on: November 18, 2006, 02:04:39 PM »

Some are saying December 26th. I have no problem with a little late Christmas present from Axl. If it doesn't come in 06' I'm fine with it........as long as it comes out early 07'.

Oh she's a cornshucker!
Pages: 1 ... 154 155 [156] 157 158 ... 374 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: