Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 03:26:16 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228524 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  The CD release date rumor / speculation thread
Pages: 1 ... 153 154 [155] 156 157 ... 374 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The CD release date rumor / speculation thread  (Read 646508 times)
guns_n_motley
« Reply #3080 on: November 17, 2006, 12:40:28 PM »

first of all, this can be anything... but I wonder..

http://www.universalmusic.no/nyheter.asp?id=3

check out the first two listings for week 47 (this wasn't there yesterday):

CD/DVD ltd.ed.? album? 171 359-3? 47?
CD/DVD ltd.ed.? album? 171 364-3? 47

there's no artist or album name for this cd

whats week 47?? November 28??
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #3081 on: November 17, 2006, 12:41:11 PM »

not sure, but i think nov 21

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #3082 on: November 17, 2006, 12:41:19 PM »

Could definately be something. Norwegians would be the type of guys to break out that sort of info early too (there's not really a thing like lawsuits here, well there is, but no one cares hihi)

Ah, mere infantry. Poor beggars.

GN'R Tour Overview 1984-2007
tHeElEcTrIcSiNtAr
VIP

« Reply #3083 on: November 17, 2006, 12:48:59 PM »

From chinesedemocracy.com:

"I go to college for Business Management/Music Business. This morning a guy came into my music business class to talk to us about Billboard Magazine. How the company and the charts run. Anyway after the class I walked up to him to introduce my self. I asked him if Billboard knows album release dates and he said that they get information weeks before. So I asked him if he new anything about a new Guns N' Roses album coming out soon. He answered right away and said that Billboard just got brand new information by the record company that they are shooting to release the record the day after Christmas. I told him that it was said to be coming out next tuesday and he says they keep changing the date, but that Billboard was told the day after Christmas. So take this info for what its worth. He did say the date may change yet again and that you never know with Axl. Thought you guys would like to know this. What do you think? Again take it for what its worth. This is not official but this is what I was told."
pollyblue
Rocker

t.w.a.t.

« Reply #3084 on: November 17, 2006, 12:49:55 PM »

i don't think it's the 21st. i just mailed my cd-store 'brabo records' in antwerp, belgium. this store is always the first with new releases (the friday or saturday before the 'usual' release date). they mailed me back that they don't have a release date for CD yet.
i hope 28th is the date or any other tuesday this year!
Lara
I Finck therefore I am
Legend

« Reply #3085 on: November 17, 2006, 12:51:19 PM »

"I go to college for Business Management/Music Business. This morning a guy came into my music business class to talk to us about Billboard Magazine. How the company and the charts run. Anyway after the class I walked up to him to introduce my self. I asked him if Billboard knows album release dates and he said that they get information weeks before. So I asked him if he new anything about a new Guns N' Roses album coming out soon. He answered right away and said that Billboard just got brand new information by the record company that they are shooting to release the record the day after Christmas. I told him that it was said to be coming out next tuesday and he says they keep changing the date, but that Billboard was told the day after Christmas. So take this info for what its worth. He did say the date may change yet again and that you never know with Axl. Thought you guys would like to know this. What do you think? Again take it for what its worth. This is not official but this is what I was told."

Can you post the link for me please?
tHeElEcTrIcSiNtAr
VIP

« Reply #3086 on: November 17, 2006, 12:52:22 PM »

Can you post the link for me please?

Here you are
http://www.chinesedemocracy.com/viewtopic.php?t=20925
TWT
Rocker

GNR's next lead guitarist

« Reply #3087 on: November 17, 2006, 12:55:11 PM »

So instead of telling the world, Billboard magazine just decided to tell a bunch of kids in a classroom? Next!
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #3088 on: November 17, 2006, 12:57:52 PM »

The day after xmas is the worst date to release an album it will get lost. Everyone is returning gifts that day not buying cds

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
TrixAreForKids
Silly Rabbit
Rocker

Tongue like a razor.

« Reply #3089 on: November 17, 2006, 01:18:05 PM »

not sure, but i think nov 21

yup, Nov 21st is 47.
fixintodie
« Reply #3090 on: November 17, 2006, 01:19:28 PM »

It would be out today in the Netherlands if that was the case. It isn't out.

Anyone who thinks it's coming out next Monday/Tuesday either clearly has a poor grasp of how record stores work, or thinks Axl Rose is some kind of wizard.
dodger girl
Rocker

art is resistance

« Reply #3091 on: November 17, 2006, 03:29:36 PM »

or thinks Axl Rose is some kind of wizard.

he isn't? crying

anyway, it's funny, i was just revisiting this thread and we have a fuckin release date rumors journal goin on here! since 2004!! this thread evidences how many times we were lied and fooled by Axl, it's a unique piece of collection to cherish and remember once CD is finally out, all we had to endure for so long

god of thunder
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #3092 on: November 17, 2006, 03:36:13 PM »

with all these rumours we have covered nearly all days till the end of the year:)Smiley Everyday there is a new nobody who knows somebody who told something top secret about a possible release....

We just have to wait and see...personally I do not have high hopes though...nontheless I will keep on going to the record stores every friday and tuesday to check things out...what a waste of time....
Slashead
Banned
VIP

« Reply #3093 on: November 17, 2006, 03:51:21 PM »

The day after xmas is the worst date to release an album it will get lost. Everyone is returning gifts that day not buying cds
But it would be symbolic : a Christmas gift for GN'R fans.

Tongue

I'll download it !
guns_n_motley
« Reply #3094 on: November 17, 2006, 03:54:57 PM »

It WILL come out this year... im sick of all these doomsday doubters...
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #3095 on: November 17, 2006, 04:38:24 PM »

Nothing earth shattering here because EVERYONE has their own opinion on when the album is/isn't coming out.  But I was listening to Sirius on my way home from work today and flipped over to Hair Nation while the DJ was in the middle of talking about Chinese Democracy.  From what I could gather she was saying how it was SUPPOSED to come out by years end, BUT there has been NO promotion and NO hype for it so it wasn't looking promising.  Again, I only caught the end of her spiel, so that's just what I deduce she was saying.  THEN after "Welcome to the Jungle" I flipped to Buzzsaw cuz they were playing "You Could Be Mine".  After the song the DJ got on and said that he had a friend who worked for Universal (not sure if Universal has any ties to GNR whatsoever but anyway) who had told him that the CD would be released Dec. 19th.  Then he spoke to that very friend today and he told him that we'd be lucky to have it out by April.

Again, everyone has their own story so I wouldn't put too much credence into this.  But I thought I'd share anyway.  I'd almost settle for April at this point if management gave us a definitive release date, a single, something.  All we need, is a little patience.  yeah... yeah...

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
pasnow
VIP

« Reply #3096 on: November 17, 2006, 04:44:27 PM »

Thanks for posting.  I think it's unclear, so no one knows for sure, but really you have to have blinders on to believe 100% it is coming out this year. By the same token you don't have faith if you think 100% it's not coming out this year.

Me, I'm about 50/50, and I'll be upset if it doesn't come out. I'm 33 & have been waiting 15 fucking years. Ever since they day I sat in my college dorm room, listening to my UYI tapes I just bought that Tuesday after my 8:00 am class.
Howard2k
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #3097 on: November 17, 2006, 04:51:34 PM »

or thinks Axl Rose is some kind of wizard.

he isn't? crying

anyway, it's funny, i was just revisiting this thread and we have a fuckin release date rumors journal goin on here! since 2004!! this thread evidences how many times we were lied and fooled by Axl], it's a unique piece of collection to cherish and remember once CD is finally out, all we had to endure for so long

You've got to be kidding.? ?It's the fans that come up with the VAST amount of the? release date rumours.? ?All these dicks that make these things up and the varyingly gullible that choose to believe the 15 yo girl at the local record store or the uneducated DJ.

Don't get me wrong - I think it's time for Axl or Merck to make a statement.

But it's almost exclusively the FANS that are bringing their hopes up and crashing them down on a regular basis.? ?Not Axl, not Merck.

Please be sure that your topic is on the "allowed" list before posting.

Only 23% of my posts get removed!

What leaks??
TrixAreForKids
Silly Rabbit
Rocker

Tongue like a razor.

« Reply #3098 on: November 17, 2006, 04:56:03 PM »

Anyone who thinks it's coming out next Monday/Tuesday either clearly has a poor grasp of how record stores work, or thinks Axl Rose is some kind of wizard.

This album will not be released earlier in any Country. ie - Monday in the UK or Friday in Germany or anything like that. Part of the reason not to state a release date is to prevent leaks.

As I stated before HMV here in Canada don't need any notice and get shipments everyday, all they need is the shipment stating the date of release.? ok

You making the process of shipping and putting a CD on the shelf very complicated. It's not.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2006, 04:58:06 PM by TrixAreForKids » Logged
Howard2k
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #3099 on: November 17, 2006, 05:00:58 PM »

This album will not be released earlier in any Country. ie - Monday in the UK or Friday in Germany or anything like that. Part of the reason not to state a release date is to prevent leaks.

As I stated before HMV here in Canada don't need any notice and get shipments everyday, all they need is the shipment stating the date of release.? ok

You making the process of shipping and putting a CD on the shelf very complicated. It's not.

And you know that how?

Or you just think that GNR is that much more special that all the other bands in the world that DO release CDs in different days in different countries? Smiley

Please be sure that your topic is on the "allowed" list before posting.

Only 23% of my posts get removed!

What leaks??
Pages: 1 ... 153 154 [155] 156 157 ... 374 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: