Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 27, 2024, 11:18:50 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228522 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  The CD release date rumor / speculation thread
Pages: 1 ... 150 151 [152] 153 154 ... 374 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The CD release date rumor / speculation thread  (Read 646392 times)
Slashead
Banned
VIP

« Reply #3020 on: November 17, 2006, 06:27:24 AM »

It is true that the European tour has been successful but... not all the people that went to the shows are going to buy CD.

It's like The Who... I would like to see them live but I would never buy their new album. Same for the Stones, it's great to see them live, but who cares about their latest album ?

It could be the same with GN'R. People are interested in seeing them live (at least in Europe) but that doesn't guarantee good sales for CD.

I'll download it !
Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #3021 on: November 17, 2006, 06:29:48 AM »

It is true that the European tour has been successful but... not all the people that went to the shows are going to buy CD.

It's like The Who... I would like to see them live but I would never buy their new album. Same for the Stones, it's great to see them live, but who cares about their latest album ?

It could be the same with GN'R. People are interested in seeing them live (at least in Europe) but that doesn't guarantee good sales for CD.

And I could also tell you the exact opposite. That people who will buy the cd, won't go to see them live... Which is very common for lots of people...

Do you honestly believe that CD won't be a success? It won't sell enough?

Slashead
Banned
VIP

« Reply #3022 on: November 17, 2006, 06:35:41 AM »

I don't know. It's always difficult to predict what will be succesful. Let's wait and see.

I'll download it !
Warchild
Rocker

Shine on you Crazy Diamond...!!!

« Reply #3023 on: November 17, 2006, 06:36:22 AM »

And I could also tell you the exact opposite. That people who will buy the cd, won't go to see them live... Which is very common for lots of people...

Exactly, this is not an overplayed Stones remake, or a recompilation of the WHO......this is

the Album that has reached mythic proportions, such as Led's "houses of the holy"........

or Pink Floyd's DSOM..........this is damn near guaranfuckinteed to sell, and sell well........

Look at the Buzz it has stirred up already, and the commonplace GNR chaos it has generated

sell WELL? yeah, think that may just be an understatement............

warchild

"It takes Less than Death to Kill a Man
and I'm so sick of dying;
Days of sunshine nights of rain
Doesn't matter when you're crying

Tell me how to make things right
tell the truth from lies..
W
Saboteur
« Reply #3024 on: November 17, 2006, 06:42:39 AM »

Exactly, this is not an overplayed Stones remake, or a recompilation of the WHO......this is

the Album that has reached mythic proportions, such as Led's "houses of the holy"........

or Pink Floyd's DSOM..........this is damn near guaranfuckinteed to sell, and sell well........

Look at the Buzz it has stirred up already, and the commonplace GNR chaos it has generated

sell WELL? yeah, think that may just be an understatement............

warchild

Yes, CD has reached mythic proportions, but only for die hard fans. Do you think that everyone on this planet  is waiting for CD?
TheMole
« Reply #3025 on: November 17, 2006, 06:49:58 AM »

I was in South Africa (for business) a week or two ago and one of my business partner's sons was a huge rock fan (played the drums quite well, decent on guitars). The guy was 17 years old, a big rock fan, really. I told him I was a big GNR fan and he got all excited, took me to his PC and showed my his GNR collection (CD's, live tapes, live DVD's, the works...).Then I asked him if he heard the leaks. He didn't even know about them. Then I asked him if he knew they were touring again. He asked me if I was talkin' about Velvet Revolver. I said "nono, GNR, not Velvet Revolver". "- Cool! are they back together again then?", "-No, they've replaced all the previous members." "-What? How can they replace Slash!". He shows me a video of GNR on his PC, (the SCOM clip), shouted while pointing at Slash: "This is GNR, this and Axl! When you think GNR, you think Top Hat and Bandanna!".

I assured him that the new guys were pretty damn good, that they did the old material honor and the new material was very good. He kept on sulking.

So, there you had a lifelong GNR fan (who doesn't spend his time on the internet and fan forums), who hasn't even heard about CD, not a casual rock fan, not a music fan, no... an actual GNR fan. Who doesn't know about the album. Do you still think they're doing the right thing by keeping this whole thing a secret, by not promoting it like a real album?

I remember in the olden days, when TSI was about to be released, there were commercials on our local Belgian television stations, showing nothing more but the TSI cover spinning towards you and the opening line of "Ain't it Fun" in the background. It wasn't much, but at least it had a release date on it. That riff alone got mo so excited I went out and bought the album straight away (and yes, I was somewhat disappointed, but that's besides the question Wink ). That is the least they could do now.
Saboteur
« Reply #3026 on: November 17, 2006, 06:59:57 AM »

I was in South Africa (for business) a week or two ago and one of my business partner's sons was a huge rock fan (played the drums quite well, decent on guitars). The guy was 17 years old, a big rock fan, really. I told him I was a big GNR fan and he got all excited, took me to his PC and showed my his GNR collection (CD's, live tapes, live DVD's, the works...).Then I asked him if he heard the leaks. He didn't even know about them. Then I asked him if he knew they were touring again. He asked me if I was talkin' about Velvet Revolver. I said "nono, GNR, not Velvet Revolver". "- Cool! are they back together again then?", "-No, they've replaced all the previous members." "-What? How can they replace Slash!". He shows me a video of GNR on his PC, (the SCOM clip), shouted while pointing at Slash: "This is GNR, this and Axl! When you think GNR, you think Top Hat and Bandanna!".

I assured him that the new guys were pretty damn good, that they did the old material honor and the new material was very good. He kept on sulking.

So, there you had a lifelong GNR fan (who doesn't spend his time on the internet and fan forums), who hasn't even heard about CD, not a casual rock fan, not a music fan, no... an actual GNR fan. Who doesn't know about the album. Do you still think they're doing the right thing by keeping this whole thing a secret, by not promoting it like a real album?

I remember in the olden days, when TSI was about to be released, there were commercials on our local Belgian television stations, showing nothing more but the TSI cover spinning towards you and the opening line of "Ain't it Fun" in the background. It wasn't much, but at least it had a release date on it. That riff alone got mo so excited I went out and bought the album straight away (and yes, I was somewhat disappointed, but that's besides the question Wink ). That is the least they could do now.

Agree. A lot of people there are going to the shows, doesn't know that Slash isn't part of GN"R anymore.
Warchild
Rocker

« Reply #3027 on: November 17, 2006, 07:11:25 AM »

Believe it or NOT...GNR has picked up a hell of a lot of NEW fans......as well as the originals

due to the TOUR, word of mouth, and no, in answer to your assinine question. I

don't see "everybody on the planet" hihi ? buying a copy, but for those of us with

discerning ears, that aren't going to compromise for anything less than REAL rock.......

yeah, I can see it selling really well.......question: how many concerts have YOU been to

in 06' .....GNR concerts........maybe IF you bothered to go, you would see that this is the real deal.............

Rock has been absent for too long in the cesspool called "music world".......

and I for one am going to be DAMN glad for it's return!

(and yeah, been to several concerts This year!!!!!)

warchild

W
Saboteur
« Reply #3028 on: November 17, 2006, 07:19:56 AM »

Believe it or NOT...GNR has picked up a hell of a lot of NEW fans......as well as the originals

don't see "everybody on the planet" hihi ? buying a copy, but for those of us with

discerning ears, that aren't going to compromise for anything less than REAL rock.......

yeah, I can see it selling really well.......question: how many concerts have YOU been to

in 06' .....GNR concerts........maybe IF you bothered to go, you would see that this is the real deal.............

warchild

I was on 2 GN"R shows in my live. first in 1992.06.02 in Vienna, second on 15.06 2006 in Warsaw. sorry guy but there is no comparison. how many shows do you watched when slash was in GN'R?
« Last Edit: November 17, 2006, 07:24:20 AM by Saboteur » Logged
Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #3029 on: November 17, 2006, 07:24:09 AM »

don't see "everybody on the planet" hihi   buying a copy, but for those of us with

warchild

I was on 2 GN"R shows in my live. first in 1992.06.02 in Vienna, second on 15.06 2006 in Warsaw. sorry guy but there is no comparison.

Cool. But this is 2006.  ok

Warchild
Rocker

« Reply #3030 on: November 17, 2006, 07:25:35 AM »

Opinions Vary............I went to SEVERAL then and now, and they kicked ass.....

If you are here to slag the new lineup, you ARE in the wrong place............ nervous

WARCHILD

(thanks again to Christos AG beer)
« Last Edit: November 17, 2006, 07:27:20 AM by Warchild » Logged

W
Saboteur
« Reply #3031 on: November 17, 2006, 07:27:29 AM »

Opinions Vary............I went SEVERAL then and now, and they kicked ass.....

If you are here to slag the new lineup, you ARE in the wrong place............ nervous

WARCHILD

No, i'm not here to slag the new line up, i'm a little bit disapointed that they are still promoting AFD and not CD, that's all.
Warchild
Rocker

« Reply #3032 on: November 17, 2006, 07:38:39 AM »

You ARE hearing new material, little by little..........UYI toured without a product on shelves

(boy I'm aging myself there Wink)

Good things come to those that have patience.............

this has been a GREAT year for GNR........looking for it to get better......!!!

WARCHILD

W
cmpaller
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #3033 on: November 17, 2006, 08:01:19 AM »

UYI tour is a bit different.  I single was released at the beginning of the tour.  The album was done then pushed back as the tour was started for AXL to rerecord some vocals.  My guess is that Geffen had promo materials by then.  Maybe even most of the tracks. So it di not take as long for them to get the marketing in order.  CD my guess is very different.  Nothing gets to them till Axl is done with it all. So it will take them longer to get a marketing stratagy in order.
Warchild
Rocker

« Reply #3034 on: November 17, 2006, 08:12:14 AM »

Nice Theory, where do you get your information?

and actually this thread does squat in estamating a release date...it's all speculation,

and a bunch of people that are suddenly (*PING*) experts in promotion and

advertisement..............

OK, Copy this Statement, duct tape to head....

THE ALBUM WILL BE OUT WHEN IT IS READY

everytime you are tempted to start an innane thread, (or insane thread?).......

look in the mirror and see the message that is duct taped to your head....the hard-core

people may prefer staples........

warchild

W
madagas
« Reply #3035 on: November 17, 2006, 08:12:55 AM »

Yeah, it takes 8 years to put together 13 songs...I see your point. Roll Eyes This record is special. More special than say Sgt Peppers or Dark Side or Highway 61 or whatever. These 13 songs require years and years of work. The promotion is different too. Yeah, it's going to be a lot different than thousands of thousands of records released before it. It really needs more time. I understand. You ever heard of Shark Sandwich? Kiss
dub05
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #3036 on: November 17, 2006, 08:33:03 AM »

Yeah, it takes 8 years to put together 13 songs...I see your point. Roll Eyes This record is special. More special than say Sgt Peppers or Dark Side or Highway 61 or whatever. These 13 songs require years and years of work. The promotion is different too. Yeah, it's going to be a lot different than thousands of thousands of records released before it. It really needs more time. I understand. You ever heard of Shark Sandwich? Kiss
Shit sandwich & if they are not careful they might even end up in the WHERE ARE THEY NOW FILES rofl rofl
providman
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #3037 on: November 17, 2006, 08:34:59 AM »

Yea, and it's no "Smell the Glove", in my opinion.
madagas
« Reply #3038 on: November 17, 2006, 08:48:59 AM »

Maybe Brain and Josh Freese didn't actually leave...they just spontaneously combusted? Poof...up in a cloud of smoke! Grin This is still some funny shit. ok
Slashead
Banned
VIP

« Reply #3039 on: November 17, 2006, 08:54:33 AM »

Axl knows that it's better not to release the album. He's selling out arenas ! Why would he need to release an album ?

I'll download it !
Pages: 1 ... 150 151 [152] 153 154 ... 374 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: