Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 27, 2024, 11:12:17 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228522 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  The CD release date rumor / speculation thread
Pages: 1 ... 149 150 [151] 152 153 ... 374 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The CD release date rumor / speculation thread  (Read 646377 times)
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #3000 on: November 17, 2006, 01:39:34 AM »

I don't really care.   
The longer this game plays out, the more people will start to share that same feeling. Axl overplayed his hand. Ship the albums in barrels of chicken shit to every record store. Debut at #1000 on Billboard. It doesnt matter anymore. People are starting to want this album more for a sense of closure than anything else. Hell, some of the hardcore fans are already discussing the possibility of not even buying CD, and instead just downloading it for free from Limewire. Axl has just about the most loyal fanbase in the world, but that loyalty is being stretched to the limit. The coming weeks are going to be very interesting.
I wonder what will happen when this thing is released?

What will people bitch about then?

Tracklist, too many songs on it that they previously heard, little Buckethead, little Thal, not enough Frank, not enough Brain, no Duff, no Slash....
It'll never stop. Certain people are expecting a trilogy, and then a reunion. There will be constant bitching until all those things happen.

After CD, in my opinion anything good that happens is just icing on the cake.
I find it pretty lame when one can't even post an opinion on a website, without being verbally harassed and insulted.

Honestly grow up dude...
Telling some of these people to grow up is like telling a bear not to shit in the woods. It aint gonna happen...

MATT-A-REAL-FAN
« Reply #3001 on: November 17, 2006, 01:41:51 AM »

I find it pretty lame when one can't even post an opinion on a website, without being verbally harassed and insulted.

Honestly grow up dude...

? ?Hahahaha!! "Make me!" (arms folded)? Haha! Zing!? Tongue

? ? ? ? ? MATT
KaptainKuntra
Rocker

Tres Bizzare, non?

« Reply #3002 on: November 17, 2006, 02:28:37 AM »

I take it we aren't allowed to talk about the new supposed release date shown on the velvet rope forum?
GeraldFord
« Reply #3003 on: November 17, 2006, 02:42:43 AM »

No offense but most people in the general public just don't care ...
Excellent point that will get buried in a ton of shit. If we hadn't been waiting so long for a new album, this whole situation would be absolutely hilarious. Not just all the previous crap in the CD saga, but how GNR and management are playing this game like the whole universe is watching. They're not. Only a few thousand people at forums give a shit. The rest of the world couldn't care less about this album.

This album isn't some giant unsolveable mystery. Its not a myth. It isn't a holy grail that people of all race, sex, religion,etc. are trying to track down. The universe isn't gonna split in two when the opening track is played for the first time.

It is a mystery only in the minds of the hardcore(insane). To the rest of the world, Chinese Democracy is just an album that never came out by a band who's prime is long gone and which is a shell of its former self. CD didn't become a pop culture joke because of its mystery. It became a pop culture joke because to the outside world, it is literally a joke.

Fuck pop-culture. Pop-culture sucks ass and even if CD never comes out, the leaks are still a lot better than Rob Thomas or Dave Mathews or whatever pieces of shit people listen to.
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #3004 on: November 17, 2006, 03:00:59 AM »

Fuck pop-culture. Pop-culture sucks ass and even if CD never comes out, the leaks are still a lot better than Rob Thomas or Dave Mathews or whatever pieces of shit people listen to.
You can fuck pop culture all you want, but it still doesn't change a damn thing. Neither does the fact that these demos are superior to what other music is out.

Risico
Rocker

You will lose everything...

« Reply #3005 on: November 17, 2006, 03:09:10 AM »

To the rest of the world, Chinese Democracy is just an album that never came out by a band who's prime is long gone and which is a shell of its former self. CD didn't become a pop culture joke because of its mystery. It became a pop culture joke because to the outside world, it is literally a joke.

Finally, someone else who isn't living in a bubble where it's still 1991. Good post, I agree on every point - Particularly the one above. I've yet to have a conversation with someone in the real world about GNR that didn't result in laughter and mocking of the CD saga.

When all is said n' done, we're not the only ones...
GNRfan2008
Headliner

« Reply #3006 on: November 17, 2006, 03:16:42 AM »

The fact that it won't be as good as AFD, or even as good as UYI.
Skunk
Rocker

« Reply #3007 on: November 17, 2006, 03:23:46 AM »

I take it we aren't allowed to talk about the new supposed release date shown on the velvet rope forum?

I don't see why not, this is the rumor thread right? Are the guys talking at velvet rope reliable in any way? One guy said dec19 but didn't elaborate, but the other guy said he spoke to a bandmember lastnight and it's not coming till summer 07.
mahimahi23
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #3008 on: November 17, 2006, 03:33:53 AM »

Im starting to believe starting this tour when they did was a mistake, they should have made sure they finished up CD before they hit the road.

This band is so mismanaged its not even funny.
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #3009 on: November 17, 2006, 03:38:05 AM »

You do not charge fans $75 a ticket to celebrate leaks.

A tour from a band without  original material must be in support of something tangible. For anyone to disregard this simple truth is making a huge mistake.

So goes the oasis that is Chinese Democracy.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2006, 04:10:16 AM by killingvector » Logged

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
mild_child
Opening Act

love the roses and believe in angels

« Reply #3010 on: November 17, 2006, 04:22:52 AM »

Tracklist, too many songs on it that they previously heard, little Buckethead, little Thal, not enough Frank, not enough Brain, no Duff, no Slash....
come on man...cheer up.We all like Slash and Duff but still we're talking about Chinese Democracy not Velvet Revolver;
they're doing their job   peace , Axl and the rest of GN'R the same(and they're doing it great   peace  ) and everybody's happy. I personally like Chinese Democracy enough to have patience and faith to wait for it another 10 years if necessary(hope not).  Wink

once, someone said: "live and let die"
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #3011 on: November 17, 2006, 04:30:31 AM »

come on man...cheer up.We all like Slash and Duff but still we're talking about Chinese Democracy not Velvet Revolver;
they're doing their job   peace , Axl and the rest of GN'R the same(and they're doing it great   peace  ) and everybody's happy. I personally like Chinese Democracy enough to have patience and faith to wait for it another 10 years if necessary(hope not).  Wink

I am not complaining.

I merely pointed out what I expect the complaints to sound like.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
KaptainKuntra
Rocker

Tres Bizzare, non?

« Reply #3012 on: November 17, 2006, 04:54:49 AM »

The person who said he spoke to the band is apparently quite highly regarded. I can't see how the album can be pushed back another 6+ months, the only reason I could see for this is that it isn't finished yet, or perhaps has some legal problems we aren't aware off.

Hopefully its another false rumour though, it will be interesting to see if the HD advert airs with better in the next few days.
jimmythegent
Legend

Live!! From Burning Hills, Wellington...

« Reply #3013 on: November 17, 2006, 05:37:51 AM »

No offense but most people in the general public just don't care ...
Excellent point that will get buried in a ton of shit. If we hadn't been waiting so long for a new album, this whole situation would be absolutely hilarious. Not just all the previous crap in the CD saga, but how GNR and management are playing this game like the whole universe is watching. They're not. Only a few thousand people at forums give a shit. The rest of the world couldn't care less about this album.

This album isn't some giant unsolveable mystery. Its not a myth. It isn't a holy grail that people of all race, sex, religion,etc. are trying to track down. The universe isn't gonna split in two when the opening track is played for the first time.

It is a mystery only in the minds of the hardcore(insane). To the rest of the world, Chinese Democracy is just an album that never came out by a band who's prime is long gone and which is a shell of its former self. CD didn't become a pop culture joke because of its mystery. It became a pop culture joke because to the outside world, it is literally a joke.

great post james ?beer

you perfectly summed up the sentiments of the loyal fanbase and how they're going to feel if it turns out that the promise of CD in 06 is yet again more bullshit

I cant fathom the hostility shown by management to the only advocates they have left (see Del James article)

"Dive in and find the monkey!"
Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #3014 on: November 17, 2006, 06:03:50 AM »

Oh My God...

JamesLofton29, our spokesman...

I'm sorry to dissapoint you, but people who are interested in music, are interested to get this album as soon as it's out.

I don't know where you live, but if you live in the US, where the music business is dominated by rap and pop shit, then I'm sorry, the rest of the world does not exactly share your feelings. This past European tour is the proof for that.

Most of the huge "pop" star's gigs have been cancelled in Greece due to poor ticket sales. GN'R with only 2 weeks (of almost no-) promotion, gathered 18.000 people.

For the past 3 years, since I started gunsnroses.gr, I've met all kinds of people in the music industry, GN'R fans, common music fans, people who have nothing to do with rock music.

They're all asking the same question. "When is this album coming out?"

Which means that they care. They don't care about the release date. They wanna listen to the damn album.

If the rest of the world didn't care, GN'R wouldn't make the news in 2006. If you see CNN, Reuters etc reporting GN'R news, it's cause people still care.

Now, about the "hostility" shown by management to the only "advocates" they have left.

What you need to understand is that Axl, Merck and Del were not talking about the common fanbase.

They addressed the people who sit at home and read the updates and whine every night there is a gig on the other side of the world, about a setlist they'll only get to listen to from bootlegs.

They addressed the people who are constantly negative about every little thing, no matter how many positive things have happened this year.

They addressed the paranoid fans who choose to believe anyone else, but the band itself.

If you fit in one of these caregories, then they were talking about you. If you ask me, you should find something better to do with your life...

If not, then you shouldn't have a problem with what Merck, Axl or Del has said.

We think it's crap. We don't like crap on our board.

We choose to believe the band and not someone who "knows" someone from the band, and chooses to post about it on the internet.

And as usual, what they choose to post is crap about the band.

Warchild
Rocker

Shine on you Crazy Diamond...!!!

« Reply #3015 on: November 17, 2006, 06:08:12 AM »

SECONDED..........couldn't have said it better myself Christos!!!
Also gave me a smile......way to tell it LIKE IT IS!

Double KUDOS!
 peace

Warchild
« Last Edit: November 17, 2006, 06:12:08 AM by Warchild » Logged

"It takes Less than Death to Kill a Man
and I'm so sick of dying;
Days of sunshine nights of rain
Doesn't matter when you're crying

Tell me how to make things right
tell the truth from lies..
W
Saboteur
« Reply #3016 on: November 17, 2006, 06:13:41 AM »

Oh My God...

JamesLofton29, our spokesman...

I'm sorry to dissapoint you, but people who are interested in music, are interested to get this album as soon as it's out.

I don't know where you live, but if you live in the US, where the music business is dominated by rap and pop shit, then I'm sorry, the rest of the world does not exactly share your feelings. This past European tour is the proof for that.

Most of the huge "pop" star's gigs have been cancelled in Greece due to poor ticket sales. GN'R with only 2 weeks (of almost no-) promotion, gathered 18.000 people.

For the past 3 years, since I started gunsnroses.gr, I've met all kinds of people in the music industry, GN'R fans, common music fans, people who have nothing to do with rock music.

They're all asking the same question. "When is this album coming out?"

Which means that they care. They don't care about the release date. They wanna listen to the damn album.

If the rest of the world didn't care, GN'R wouldn't make the news in 2006. If you see CNN, Reuters etc reporting GN'R news, it's cause people still care.

Now, about the "hostility" shown by management to the only "advocates" they have left.

What you need to understand is that Axl, Merck and Del were not talking about the common fanbase.

They addressed the people who sit at home and read the updates and whine every night there is a gig on the other side of the world, about a setlist they'll only get to listen to from bootlegs.

They addressed the people who are constantly negative about every little thing, no matter how many positive things have happened this year.

They addressed the paranoid fans who choose to believe anyone else, but the band itself.

If you fit in one of these caregories, then they were talking about you. If you ask me, you should find something better to do with your life...

If not, then you shouldn't have a problem with what Merck, Axl or Del has said.

We think it's crap. We don't like crap on our board.

We choose to believe the band and not someone who "knows" someone from the band, and chooses to post about it on the internet.

And as usual, what they choose to post is crap about the band.

Sorry but you are wrong, europe also doesn't care about CD. Most people in europe doesn't know that GN"R still exist, also rock fans. 20.000 people on Legia stadion isn't succes, the show was only in 2/3 sold out. For comparison on Jean Michel Jarre show was 125.000 people.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2006, 06:20:12 AM by Saboteur » Logged
Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #3017 on: November 17, 2006, 06:19:17 AM »

Sorry but you are wrong, europe also doesn't care about CD. Most people in europe doesn't know that GN"R still exist, also rock fans.

Uuuummm.. I went to 6 shows this summer, in 4 countries.

Lots of my friends visited other countries to watch GN'R live.

Most of the shows were sold out, or close to sold out. There were shows added cause shows sold out in 7 to 20 minutes.

If you don't call that interest, then you have no idea what you're talking about...

micfac
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #3018 on: November 17, 2006, 06:21:09 AM »

THATS BULLSHIT SABOTEUR GLASGOW WAS SWARMING WITH GNR FANS THE NIGHT THEY PLAYED THERE LAST SUMMER - I COULDNT BELIEVE HOW MANY CAME OUT THE WOODWORK THAT NIGHT
Warchild
Rocker

Shine on you Crazy Diamond...!!!

« Reply #3019 on: November 17, 2006, 06:21:44 AM »

Au Contraire..........look at the ticket sales and you STILL think Europe doesn't

care about GnR? ?You are sadly mistaken, and the Album sales will prove it, no doubts

here at all...........

How many people THINK before posting here, and how many are randomly hitting keys?

You will know about release when you are supposed to know, and not before.....

no amount of whining, bitching, moaning, or bellyaching will make one single iota in

difference..........think about that one........

and IF it wears.....Fit It!

WARCHILD

"It takes Less than Death to Kill a Man
and I'm so sick of dying;
Days of sunshine nights of rain
Doesn't matter when you're crying

Tell me how to make things right
tell the truth from lies..
W
Pages: 1 ... 149 150 [151] 152 153 ... 374 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: