Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 27, 2024, 07:24:33 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228522 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  The CD release date rumor / speculation thread
Pages: 1 ... 146 147 [148] 149 150 ... 374 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The CD release date rumor / speculation thread  (Read 646275 times)
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #2940 on: November 16, 2006, 05:48:29 AM »

I know the date, it will be before Christmas... mark my words.
You also knew the date earlier this year. Your "source" guaranteed it would be released a few weeks after the leaks happened.

Not all of us forget fake insider bullshit. ok
I'll download the fucker for free in the new year!
I have a feeling ALOT of fans are going to feel this same way in January. If no album in 2006, there will be a backlash, and downloading the album for free at p2p sites is going to be a part of that backlash.

mlewis
Rocker

« Reply #2941 on: November 16, 2006, 05:55:58 AM »

Why is that right? Theft from a band that you profess to be a fan of could never be justified, even if you are disappointed for whatever reason. It'll come out when it comes out. I'll buy it then. Life goes on.
KaptainKuntra
Rocker

Tres Bizzare, non?

« Reply #2942 on: November 16, 2006, 05:59:33 AM »

Anyone think the (supposed) delay or lack of announcements could be related to Buckethead's parts appearing on CD?
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #2943 on: November 16, 2006, 06:02:33 AM »

Why is that right?
Who said it was right? Hell, thousands of people get slaughtered every year in Africa. Just because it happens, doesn't make it right.
Anyone think the (supposed) delay or lack of announcements could be related to Buckethead's parts appearing on CD?
That would be an extremely lame excuse. He has been out of the band since 2004. If they waited 2 years until trying to solve that problem, then the album will never come out.

Refused
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #2944 on: November 16, 2006, 06:30:46 AM »

Why is that right?
Who said it was right? Hell, thousands of people get slaughtered every year in Africa. Just because it happens, doesn't make it right.
That would be an extremely lame excuse. He has been out of the band since 2004. If they waited 2 years until trying to solve that problem, then the album will never come out.

Well they've taken their sweet time over everything else!
jarvie_a
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #2945 on: November 16, 2006, 07:38:17 AM »

I enquired in my local indie record store (Avalanche Records, Glasgow) about the release date of the new Guns N' Roses Album. It went something like this...

Me: I'd like to enquire about a new release, it's a bit of a stupid question but how what are the chances of Guns N' Roses releasing a new album before the end of the year.

Assistant: Not very, it's not on our system yet and they usually appear 4 weeks before the album is scheduled fo release, if it does appear this year it will most likely be an online release first (iTunes, Napster, etc)

Me: That's cool, Is there any chance it could come in under a secret name?

Assistant: No, we need to physically order in all our stock

After this, I can't see any new GN'R new material appearing this year and I don't think there is anyway it could appear under a secret name. We would know buy now if it was happening this year. There would be artwork availiable and the CD would be in production at least. Record stores would know by now and the information would be leaked.

I'm not upset, I'm content with the bootlegs we have for the moment. 2006 has been great, seen the band twice and all the excitment of the leaks, axl on trunk was amazing and the band is definitley moving forward. The leaks have showed a lot of promise and I'm still excited about the finished article. If it does come out this year, i will be amazed, but hopefully 2007 will be at least as productive as 2006 for the band.

/j
Evil Ash
Dude, they peed on your fucking rug
VIP

GnR is unstoppable, but delay-able ;)

« Reply #2946 on: November 16, 2006, 07:47:27 AM »

I'm not upset, I'm content with the bootlegs we have for the moment. 2006 has been great, seen the band twice and all the excitment of the leaks, axl on trunk was amazing and the band is definitley moving forward. The leaks have showed a lot of promise and I'm still excited about the finished article. If it does come out this year, i will be amazed, but hopefully 2007 will be at least as productive as 2006 for the band.

/j

Nice to hear someone who hasn't gone bitter after all the waiting  peace

I guess i can wait a little longer too, we have enough gnr activity going on now anyway ok

Like peeing clouds!
WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #2947 on: November 16, 2006, 09:15:06 AM »

I enquired in my local indie record store (Avalanche Records, Glasgow) about the release date of the new Guns N' Roses Album. It went something like this...

Me: I'd like to enquire about a new release, it's a bit of a stupid question but how what are the chances of Guns N' Roses releasing a new album before the end of the year.

Assistant: Not very, it's not on our system yet and they usually appear 4 weeks before the album is scheduled fo release, if it does appear this year it will most likely be an online release first (iTunes, Napster, etc)

Me: That's cool, Is there any chance it could come in under a secret name?

Assistant: No, we need to physically order in all our stock

After this, I can't see any new GN'R new material appearing this year and I don't think there is anyway it could appear under a secret name. We would know buy now if it was happening this year. There would be artwork availiable and the CD would be in production at least. Record stores would know by now and the information would be leaked.

/j

i`m not sure about record stores knowing about it.... we`ll see...

a single in november would be enough anyways ok

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
TAP
Banned
Rocker

March of the Pigs

« Reply #2948 on: November 16, 2006, 09:35:48 AM »

http://www.melodicrock.com/

Watch this date - Tuesday December 19. That is the new/current supposed release date for the Guns N Roses Chinese Democracy album. I'm told that the plan is still to try and surprise fans with the release, but the November 21 date for this has been scrapped. The guys are definitely running out of time for that 2006 release date. Advance warning or not, the release of this album will surprise many!

Now doesn't that make you feel better?
The pigs have won tonight
Now they can all sleep soundly
And everything is all right
SINSHINE
VIP

"I knew the storm was getting closer!"

« Reply #2949 on: November 16, 2006, 09:37:44 AM »

Take it for what it's worth...don't know if this site is trustworthy or not. And if this has been posted already, feel free to delete  Wink

From the front page of http://www.melodicrock.com/

DECEMBER FOR GUNS N ROSES?:
Watch this date - Tuesday December 19. That is the new/current supposed release date for the Guns N Roses Chinese Democracy album. I'm told that the plan is still to try and surprise fans with the release, but the November 21 date for this has been scrapped. The guys are definitely running out of time for that 2006 release date. Advance warning or not, the release of this album will surprise many!

"You could have a steam train...if you'd just lay down your tracks!" - P. Gabriel
Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #2950 on: November 16, 2006, 09:38:38 AM »

And we have a RELEASE DATE RUMOR FOR THESE POSTS...

MrMojoRisin
Banned
Rocker

Some Kind of Monster

« Reply #2951 on: November 16, 2006, 09:39:09 AM »

Take it for what it's worth...don't know if this site is trustworthy or not. And if this has been posted already, feel free to delete? Wink

From the front page of http://www.melodicrock.com/

DECEMBER FOR GUNS N ROSES?:

makes more sense than any other date we have heard.
guns_n_motley
« Reply #2952 on: November 16, 2006, 09:46:32 AM »

melodic rock is usually reliable... they are another site who broke the Van Halen reuniting with hagar(and now with Roth) before ANY other news sources did...

its either gonna be the 21st, 28th, or dec 19th..
Backslash
\
VIP

Use Your Allusion

« Reply #2953 on: November 16, 2006, 09:48:58 AM »

its either gonna be the 21st, 28th, or dec 19th..

or December 5th, 12th, or 26th.

Seriously... we all know that if it comes out this year, it will be one of these dates... You only covered 50% of your ass with that answer. :Wink

GNRevolution... the missing link.
TAP
Banned
Rocker

March of the Pigs

« Reply #2954 on: November 16, 2006, 09:50:00 AM »

melodic rock is usually reliable... they are another site who broke the Van Halen reuniting with hagar(and now with Roth) before ANY other news sources did...

They broke VH reuniting with Roth in 2000 also.....

Andrew is reliable and genuine for sure, but from time to time people have used his high web profile to feed false information for the masses through his site. Would be a nice xmas present though.

Now doesn't that make you feel better?
The pigs have won tonight
Now they can all sleep soundly
And everything is all right
guns_n_motley
« Reply #2955 on: November 16, 2006, 09:51:02 AM »

although, with the Bravewords article, and now this it CONFIRMS my suspicions that they ARE going to do a SURPRISE RELEASE...
veritas55
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #2956 on: November 16, 2006, 09:52:52 AM »

as others said, Melodic Rock is pretty reliable.   But not perfect.

Dec. 19th is NOT a particularly good date - yes, there are some last minute shoppers, but most Christmas-present CD are released earlier than that because many people have completed their shopping and/or are busy with holiday travel and plans.
MrMojoRisin
Banned
Rocker

Some Kind of Monster

« Reply #2957 on: November 16, 2006, 09:57:02 AM »

as others said, Melodic Rock is pretty reliable.? ?But not perfect.

Dec. 19th is NOT a particularly good date - yes, there are some last minute shoppers, but most Christmas-present CD are released earlier than that because many people have completed their shopping and/or are busy with holiday travel and plans.

i dont care about christmas shopping that day... If it comes out that day ill jump on Itunes and download it if the stores arent open then ill go wait till the mall opens and buy it... 
veritas55
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #2958 on: November 16, 2006, 10:00:36 AM »

i dont care about christmas shopping that day... If it comes out that day ill jump on Itunes and download it if the stores arent open then ill go wait till the mall opens and buy it...?

yeah, I know ANY release date is fine for the diehards.  I'm just wondering about the "best" date to ensure an immediate success out of the box.  First week sales and the resulting press DO have a significant impact on sales.
MrMojoRisin
Banned
Rocker

Some Kind of Monster

« Reply #2959 on: November 16, 2006, 10:03:29 AM »

i dont care about christmas shopping that day... If it comes out that day ill jump on Itunes and download it if the stores arent open then ill go wait till the mall opens and buy it...?

yeah, I know ANY release date is fine for the diehards.? I'm just wondering about the "best" date to ensure an immediate success out of the box.? First week sales and the resulting press DO have a significant impact on sales.

yeah i know. I have heard that 1st week sales are the most important figure that they look at... after that they dont really matter...

I think it would be a great day and with all the shoppers out and the CD put in the front of the store it might grab some impulse buyers .... it makes more sense than it coming out next week.
Pages: 1 ... 146 147 [148] 149 150 ... 374 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: