Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 27, 2024, 05:32:50 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228522 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  The CD release date rumor / speculation thread
Pages: 1 ... 144 145 [146] 147 148 ... 374 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The CD release date rumor / speculation thread  (Read 646203 times)
kbt24
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #2900 on: November 15, 2006, 03:00:24 PM »

I hope they tour more after the CD is released...
Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #2901 on: November 15, 2006, 03:29:03 PM »

http://www.thefardowns.com/

hihi

« Reply #2902 on: November 15, 2006, 03:34:56 PM »

If by some wierd chance it comes out after then but before the new year (which from a business standpoint doesn't make much sense with the holiday soon upon us)

December 26th is big shopping day. And a Tuesday.  hihi
polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #2903 on: November 15, 2006, 04:00:27 PM »

No one at Univeral has made a comment about the release date

Think it is about time this one is brought up for discussion. Since it's the only official comment we've had in regards to the album for a while, I feel speculation is mandatory.

Could this mean there is a release date? Or is it just another one of those cases where we read to much into it?

I guess if the surprise release date strategy is what they're going for this could mean a release is imminent. But then again, Mysteron said those comments shouldn't be taken seriously. If that is the case, then I don't know what to think really. If a release date haven't been set already, how is 06 possible?

Ah, mere infantry. Poor beggars.

GN'R Tour Overview 1984-2007
chriskon72
Rocker

Thus spake the Super-Guru...Did you hear that?

« Reply #2904 on: November 15, 2006, 04:01:39 PM »

I read this and I swear I'm not giving up hope. I'm Canadian living in Brazil I've been following this saga forever, diehard from the beginning. I swear on whatever you want I'm not fuckin lying or making this up.

I still think this album is comming out. When I read this I got on the horn and called the major record store here in Salvador, Bahia, Brazil (I seriously don't know why I haven't earlier). The store is called Flashpoint (yes it is the major one not even big, it isn't the only record store in a city of 3 million, but options are far and between....welcome to the 3rd world. I would say maybe 1 or 2 other good stores Including the one at the international airport). In Brazil there is soooooo much piracy it is really hard on the stores, so there isn't many.
  Anyway I called spoke to the guy, asked if he has any info on CD( did not mention the name Guns n' Roses) he said

"oh yes, it will be out end november - first week in december"

me: did you get this in writing?

Him: yes, in writing, our memo on upcomming releases. Gun n' Roses Chinese Democracy

me: Did you get this from a secure source?

Him: Yes, well it was on the sheet we get it every 2 weeks. Whoever is responsible put it on our memo.

Me: so you don't have the date 28th Nov or 5th of Dec.

Him: No, it was the only release that I have seen since I work here, that wasn't specified which date it's comming out, I thought it was funny, looks like a suprise.

Me: but it is comming out...

Him: If it's on the sheet it will be here, guarnteed.

Me: Thanks I 'll be there on th 28th

Him: Call me in the morning before the store opens I'll tell you if its here or not it'll save you the trip.

me: if it's there put 4 aside.

Him: No problem Brother

He went on to take my name + number....

I don't know, I was expecting you know, chinese what? The guy knew right off the bat what I was talking about, Guns is big but man, Brazil is funny, you know guns just isn't in the news everyday, they have fans but it's different. No hesitation at all in his answers. 

They guy has no reason to lie, and with everything going on how could he come up with the exact dates that are constantly floating around. I didn't even state that I was asking about guns and he knew. For those of you not being in Brazil it may be difficult to understand...this guy knew right away what I was talking about and that doesn't happen often here no matter what your talking about.

Take it for what it's worth but I really think it's comming out. 

I know this post will get a bunch of flack from the haters....Crucify me if you want

20.05.88 CNE Grandstand, Toronto
07.06.91 CNE Grandstand, Toronto
08.06.91 CNE Grandstand, Toronto
28.05.92 Kanstatterwasen, Stuttgart
26.06.93 Olympiastadion, Munich
07.04.10 Figali, Panama
polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #2905 on: November 15, 2006, 04:04:28 PM »

Did he say when he recieved the memo? It's obviously true, but for it to be really true hihi we should expect alot of stores telling us the same thing shortly. That is if he got that memo today/yesterday.

chriskon72
Rocker

Thus spake the Super-Guru...Did you hear that?

« Reply #2906 on: November 15, 2006, 04:15:00 PM »

Did he say when he recieved the memo? It's obviously true, but for it to be really true hihi we should expect alot of stores telling us the same thing shortly. That is if he got that memo today/yesterday.

no sorry He didn't state hen the memo came and I didn't ask

20.05.88 CNE Grandstand, Toronto
07.06.91 CNE Grandstand, Toronto
08.06.91 CNE Grandstand, Toronto
28.05.92 Kanstatterwasen, Stuttgart
26.06.93 Olympiastadion, Munich
07.04.10 Figali, Panama
BigBoss
Banned
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #2907 on: November 15, 2006, 04:19:13 PM »

Just looking over the itinerary here, as well as a 2006 calendar. Here are the tuesdays left in the year, as well as some observations:

11/21: Ridiculous, not just for logistic reasons, but also THEY ARE IN HALIFAX! No disrespect to the great people of Nova Scotia, but do you honestly think that Axl Rose would get the ball rolling and release an album the same day he is doing a show in HALIFAX?

11/28: A day off! Interesting, could this be the date? In and around some major markets... a definite possibility, aside from the logistic nightmare of releasing an album that may or may not exist in finished form at this point with less than 2 weeks to let people know it is coming out.

12/5: Another off day... maybe this is the day? Again though... the whole Canada thing! I doubt it.

12/12: A day off, back in the California area.. "West Coast Struttin'" If you will... I think we are getting warmer.

12/19: Another California show, again I think we are in the ballpark here, but I dont think it will happen the day of a show. Too much stuff going on. An off day seems more likely to me.

12/26: A late Christmas present from Uncle Axl? He has an affinity for being late, so why would this be an exception? Personally I feel it is sheer idiocy to miss the Christmas shopping season if it can at all be avoided, but what do I know? The day after Christmas is a huge shopping day... The more I think about it the more I think 12/26 will be the date, if it actually is going to come out. Look at the itinierary, look at the huge gap between 12/20 and 1/10... I think there is your window of opportunity to let people know its coming out, then promote it through appearances on TV, radio, personal appearances, etc. Besides my birthday is on 12/27 so it would be perfect timing? hihi

1/2/07: I sure hope not? confused
TrixAreForKids
Silly Rabbit
Rocker

Tongue like a razor.

« Reply #2908 on: November 15, 2006, 04:32:34 PM »

Just looking over the itinerary here, as well as a 2006 calendar. Here are the tuesdays left in the year, as well as some observations:

11/21: Ridiculous, not just for logistic reasons, but also THEY ARE IN HALIFAX! No disrespect to the great people of Nova Scotia, but do you honestly think that Axl Rose would get the ball rolling and release an album the same day he is doing a show in HALIFAX?

11/28: A day off! Interesting, could this be the date? In and around some major markets... a definite possibility, aside from the logistic nightmare of releasing an album that may or may not exist in finished form at this point with less than 2 weeks to let people know it is coming out.

12/5: Another off day... maybe this is the day? Again though... the whole Canada thing! I doubt it.

12/12: A day off, back in the California area.. "West Coast Struttin'" If you will... I think we are getting warmer.

12/19: Another California show, again I think we are in the ballpark here, but I dont think it will happen the day of a show. Too much stuff going on. An off day seems more likely to me.

12/26: A late Christmas present from Uncle Axl? He has an affinity for being late, so why would this be an exception? Personally I feel it is sheer idiocy to miss the Christmas shopping season if it can at all be avoided, but what do I know? The day after Christmas is a huge shopping day... The more I think about it the more I think 12/26 will be the date, if it actually is going to come out. Look at the itinierary, look at the huge gap between 12/20 and 1/10... I think there is your window of opportunity to let people know its coming out, then promote it through appearances on TV, radio, personal appearances, etc. Besides my birthday is on 12/27 so it would be perfect timing? hihi

11/21 - Don't see why not. Halifax was probably one of the first shows to be sold out, and I believe every date in Canada is almost sold out. I believe the US market is too critical on it's release and being in Canada will make it even more exciting.  ok
BigBoss
Banned
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #2909 on: November 15, 2006, 04:36:30 PM »

11/21 - Don't see why not. Halifax was probably one of the first shows to be sold out, and I believe every date in Canada is almost sold out. I believe the US market is too critical on it's release and being in Canada will make it even more exciting.? ok

Hey I have nothing against Canada, but the CBC just isnt going to cut it if you want publicity. 11/21 makes no sense at all from a media and attention standpoint.
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #2910 on: November 15, 2006, 04:43:04 PM »

I still think this album is comming out. When I read this I got on the horn and called the major record store here in Salvador, Bahia, Brazil (I seriously don't know why I haven't earlier). The store is called Flashpoint (yes it is the major one not even big, it isn't the only record store in a city of 3 million, but options are far and between....welcome to the 3rd world. I would say maybe 1 or 2 other good stores Including the one at the international airport). In Brazil there is soooooo much piracy it is really hard on the stores, so there isn't many.
What gives you the right to talk like that? Don't like it? Go back to Canada!

Also, of course you wouldn't bother to check in another city, but talks about the whole country - wich, BTW, is HUGE.

I don't know, I was expecting you know, chinese what? The guy knew right off the bat what I was talking about, Guns is big but man, Brazil is funny, you know guns just isn't in the news everyday, they have fans but it's different. No hesitation at all in his answers.
Funny how? Tell me.

Also, I'm pretty sure this guy could have read on internet (I have a board with almost 2k users) or Orkut about all those supposed release dates. Yeah man, here in Brasil we have Internet too.

They guy has no reason to lie, and with everything going on how could he come up with the exact dates that are constantly floating around. I didn't even state that I was asking about guns and he knew. For those of you not being in Brazil it may be difficult to understand...this guy knew right away what I was talking about and that doesn't happen often here no matter what your talking about.
Actually, it's hard to understand for me, as a Brazilian. Are you sure you're being clear enough? Or maybe that doesn't happen too often.

I know this post will get a bunch of flack from the haters....Crucify me if you want
I don't know if this is true or not. I would just like to have some respect, as you're not a brazilian and don't have any right to talk about my country like that.

cibol
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #2911 on: November 15, 2006, 04:43:21 PM »

I read this and I swear I'm not giving up hope. I'm Canadian living in Brazil I've been following this saga forever, diehard from the beginning. I swear on whatever you want I'm not fuckin lying or making this up.

Anyway I called spoke to the guy, asked if he has any info on CD( did not mention the name Guns n' Roses) he said

Him: yes, in writing, our memo on upcomming releases. Gun n' Roses Chinese Democracy

Him: Yes, well it was on the sheet we get it every 2 weeks. Whoever is responsible put it on our memo.

Him: No, it was the only release that I have seen since I work here, that wasn't specified which date it's comming out, I thought it was funny, looks like a suprise.

Him: Call me in the morning before the store opens I'll tell you if its here or not it'll save you the trip.

Take it for what it's worth but I really think it's comming out. 

no  fucking sad how you put my people down and talks about BR as IF you knew it all.... Welcome to the country you think you know, if it's 3rd word doesn?t mean that where you live you can already judge the whole country, get your ass down to Sao Paulo for example.  We are not ignorant people who have no fucking clue about GNR,  admires me how silly and naive unexperienced ass you are... welcome to the real world, have a trip around the country and come back here to say shit about MY COUNTRY!!!!  rant
  If you are not happy here, go back to Canada... 
polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #2912 on: November 15, 2006, 04:46:59 PM »

Jesus, calm down. You're acting like he's Hitler reincarnated.

TrixAreForKids
Silly Rabbit
Rocker

Tongue like a razor.

« Reply #2913 on: November 15, 2006, 04:49:20 PM »

? ?I read this and I swear I'm not giving up hope. I'm Canadian living in Brazil I've been following this saga forever, diehard from the beginning. I swear on whatever you want I'm not fuckin lying or making this up.

? I still think this album is comming out. When I read this I got on the horn and called the major record store here in Salvador, Bahia, Brazil (I seriously don't know why I haven't earlier). The store is called Flashpoint (yes it is the major one not even big, it isn't the only record store in a city of 3 million, but options are far and between....welcome to the 3rd world. I would say maybe 1 or 2 other good stores Including the one at the international airport). In Brazil there is soooooo much piracy it is really hard on the stores, so there isn't many.
? Anyway I called spoke to the guy, asked if he has any info on CD( did not mention the name Guns n' Roses) he said

? ?I don't know, I was expecting you know, chinese what? The guy knew right off the bat what I was talking about, Guns is big but man, Brazil is funny, you know guns just isn't in the news everyday, they have fans but it's different. No hesitation at all in his answers.?

Take it for what it's worth but I really think it's comming out.?

no? fucking sad how you put my people down and talks about BR as IF you knew it all.... Welcome to the country you think you know, if it's 3rd word doesn?t mean that where you live you can already judge the whole country, get your ass down to Sao Paulo for example.? We are not ignorant people who have no fucking clue about GNR,? admires me how silly and naive unexperienced ass you are... welcome to the real world, have a trip around the country and come back here to say shit about MY COUNTRY!!!!? rant
? If you are not happy here, go back to Canada...?

Hey yo, take your crap elsewhere. You want to call each other names fine, but don't diss countries eh! Take your argument to a different board.
masterdan
Banned
Rocker

No one can live in sorrow- -ask all your friends..

« Reply #2914 on: November 15, 2006, 04:49:58 PM »

lol...fo shizzle, man.   Tongue

Guns N' Roses @ the Bradley Center: 11/29 (CANCELLED)
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #2915 on: November 15, 2006, 04:50:56 PM »

Nah, you woudln't let someone from another country talk about yours like this.

Hey yo, take your crap elsewhere. You want to call each other names fine, but don't diss countries eh! Take your argument to a different board.
With who are you talking to?

polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #2916 on: November 15, 2006, 04:52:58 PM »

Actually I would, with pleasure. Even though my country is rated as the best in the world by some shady organizations, there's still alot of fucking bullshit going on. If anybody wants to point out some of that, fine. To me it's just fun.

JuicySwoos
VIP

Thatwhy

« Reply #2917 on: November 15, 2006, 04:54:14 PM »

I didn't really see a rip on the country, he called it 3rd world, has piracy issues, and not many record stores, he didnt say the country sucked.

2002- Minneapolis, MN
2006- Ames, IA
2006- Minneapolis, MN
2011- Minneapolis, MN
2012- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Las Vegas, NV
2016- Las Vegas, NV
2016- Las Vegas, NV
2016- Chicago, IL
2017- Minnea
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #2918 on: November 15, 2006, 04:54:58 PM »

Actually I would, with pleasure. Even though my country is rated as the best in the world by some shady organizations, there's still alot of fucking bullshit going on. If anybody wants to point out some of that, fine. To me it's just fun.
It's up to you, then. But I'm sure we're not overreacting.

polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #2919 on: November 15, 2006, 04:55:54 PM »

It's up to you, then. But I'm sure we're not overreacting.

I guess that's settled then smoking

Pages: 1 ... 144 145 [146] 147 148 ... 374 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: