Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 27, 2024, 07:15:10 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228518 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  The CD release date rumor / speculation thread
Pages: 1 ... 133 134 [135] 136 137 ... 374 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The CD release date rumor / speculation thread  (Read 645842 times)
polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #2680 on: November 10, 2006, 01:58:52 PM »

It seems like more than plain coincedence that the boards are blowing up with rumours on the day of MSG show.

Ah, mere infantry. Poor beggars.

GN'R Tour Overview 1984-2007
GNFNRAXL
« Reply #2681 on: November 10, 2006, 02:01:04 PM »

It seems like more than plain coincedence that the boards are blowing up with rumours on the day of MSG show.

Yeah.  Well at least, well from what I was able to dig out I got a Nov 28 release date and a Dec 19th.  I wish we could get some confirmation from Mysteron or even better from GNR.
GNFNRAXL
« Reply #2682 on: November 10, 2006, 02:15:43 PM »

I called an HMV in Toronto.  He says they have ALL the major release up to Dec 5 and GNR is not in there.  So he basically says it will be released after Dec 5th.  I asked him when he would get the release dates after Dec 5th and he said maybe next week. 
GNFNRAXL
« Reply #2683 on: November 10, 2006, 02:24:45 PM »

I wonder if Frank's Music in Moncton were the only ones to receive promo posters and all.  I'd like to know if other record stores received anything from the record company.
GNFNRAXL
« Reply #2684 on: November 10, 2006, 02:36:50 PM »

Ok.  I called a few hmv's in Canada.  Most of them has a Dec 19th release date.  And the one in Halifax said that was official.
italysfinest1985
Rocker

Riding on the night train...

« Reply #2685 on: November 10, 2006, 03:16:14 PM »

Ok.? I called a few hmv's in Canada.? Most of them has a Dec 19th release date.? And the one in Halifax said that was official.

Go down to the store and ask about the promo's!! :-D

Guns N Roses Custom Reunion Trailer (Axl & Slash)
https://youtu.be/7NdNrNslYkU
charlesfosterkane
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #2686 on: November 10, 2006, 03:21:18 PM »

don't they blow up with rumors every other day?
nonlinear
VIP

« Reply #2687 on: November 10, 2006, 03:22:32 PM »

why are you guys wasting your time calling stores?  none of them know anything!

"This isn't McDonald's or Burger King - it isn't 'Have it your way.'"
- Axl Rose, as cited by Del James
jbenzz
Rocker

I'm a dolphin

« Reply #2688 on: November 10, 2006, 04:05:22 PM »

I can't believe that the first place we'll hear a release date from is some teller at a music store.

I also can't see that they'd release it on the 19th of december.  Most people have already bought their christmas stuff and relish going through all the christmas shopping just to buy an album.  There would be huge lines in most stores and this would definetly hurt sales.

/Ben

I tell my friends, they never believe me
They think that I've finally lost it completly
polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #2689 on: November 10, 2006, 04:06:06 PM »

don't they blow up with rumors every other day?

No, not really, not lately.

polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #2690 on: November 10, 2006, 04:06:41 PM »

I can't believe that the first place we'll hear a release date from is some teller at a music store.

I also can't see that they'd release it on the 19th of december.? Most people have already bought their christmas stuff and relish going through all the christmas shopping just to buy an album.? There would be huge lines in most stores and this would definetly hurt sales.

/Ben

That's exactly why it seems probable hihi

PeterCoffin
Rocker

don't wear floppy pants

« Reply #2691 on: November 10, 2006, 04:10:36 PM »

Called Best Buy, they knew nothing.

« Reply #2692 on: November 10, 2006, 04:12:47 PM »

In fairness, the workers at my local Best Buy can't even find in-stock items on their own shelves. It's a confusing place.
GNFNRAXL
« Reply #2693 on: November 10, 2006, 04:13:42 PM »

I also can't see that they'd release it on the 19th of december.? Most people have already bought their christmas stuff and relish going through all the christmas shopping just to buy an album.? There would be huge lines in most stores and this would definetly hurt sales.

/Ben

I can believe it. ?They receive the release dates in advance. ?And Dec 19th is not a bad date to release it. ?Trust me there is a lot of late shoppers for gifts. ?We'd made a fortune in the last week before Christmas back in the day.
GNFNRAXL
« Reply #2694 on: November 10, 2006, 04:14:57 PM »

In fairness, the workers at my local Best Buy can't even find in-stock items on their own shelves. It's a confusing place.

The guy at the hmv in Halifax seemed really sure.  I asked if this was official and he said it was.  Only time will tell if it is true or not.
italysfinest1985
Rocker

Riding on the night train...

« Reply #2695 on: November 10, 2006, 04:28:42 PM »

Did anyone call the Chicago Virgin Records store??  Huh

Guns N Roses Custom Reunion Trailer (Axl & Slash)
https://youtu.be/7NdNrNslYkU
guns_n_motley
« Reply #2696 on: November 10, 2006, 04:38:17 PM »

Did anyone call the Chicago Virgin Records store??? Huh

someone on CD.com did... they said that the cd comes out November 28, but no instore appearance..
damienthetaz
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #2697 on: November 10, 2006, 04:45:49 PM »

One of my closest friends works for the tribune , right down the street from there and he is calling BS on this on...read our converstion

Arrogant25: My personal BS radar went off when it said that no cameras would be allowed, and thats their regular policy for larger bands.? I saw Ozzy there - cameras were allowed.? System of a Down last year - cameras were allowed.? Not to mention - 500 people wouldn't even show up to have an album signed by a bunch of people nobody knows.

flicknthebird2001: so if that was false they would have deleted it by now

flicknthebird2001: yeah i know but , the same is said on most tickets and people still take pics

Arrogant25: True, but for an album signing, part of the big deal is that you get a pic with the celeb.? Do a wire image search for virgin records and you'll see tons of bands at Virgin having their pics taken with fans.
Arrogant25: Now if he would have said that for THIS event alone, Axl or Axl's scabs didnt want cameras it would have been more believeable.

Arrogant25: Besides, who posts something like that saying "dont get me fired?"? If you didn't want to get fired, you'd just post the info and NOT say that you work there.

Arrogant25: If they're going to announce it next week, it's not like a heads up online will do anything.

Read my  conversation with myself after I read this thread

Me: BULLSHIT
polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #2698 on: November 10, 2006, 07:41:01 PM »

More info from the guy who posted on CD.com earlier.

I noticed this was getting buried quickly so I'll repost what I replied to today.

Quite a day let me tell you, since we opened the store all we did was field questions on the phone about this. Luckily, one of my friends told me she started telling people as well so I hope I was not the only one causing this mess. I took a few minutes and read some of these posts and I hope to clarify some things for everyone.

We are told right now the 28th is the album sale date but it may arrive much sooner as I'm sure some of you know. Even today we had new cases of releases for the 21st arrive but we really do leave it untouched till the weekend prior.

As of now yes the in-store is happening and we are getting really tired of denying it so please stop calling? Axl is not guaranteed but we are still treating this as a larger Virgin appearance on the likes of 50 cent and Paul McCartney. This being said, yes, no cameras allowed, and this was passed down from the management team. We are also getting ready for a midnight in-store performance and signing from Wolfmother on the 25th. *plug* This one should be really cool. However, I also heard some of the people who put this together here say they have another in-store set up at a Vancouver store HMV? on Friday Dec 8th. You will have to confirm that with someone else though as we are sworn to deny everything.

As of now no radio station is tied into this so it really is first come/first serve and we try to keep it that way. I highly doubt our usual partner Q101 will try anything here.

I'll try to check back in on this tonight, any questions I can answer please let me know.

Thanks

polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #2699 on: November 10, 2006, 07:51:06 PM »

IMO this guy is not lying unless he's a trained psycopath.

Pages: 1 ... 133 134 [135] 136 137 ... 374 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: