Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 27, 2024, 03:23:42 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228517 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  The CD release date rumor / speculation thread
Pages: 1 ... 130 131 [132] 133 134 ... 374 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The CD release date rumor / speculation thread  (Read 645622 times)
kriss_boy
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #2620 on: November 10, 2006, 07:39:00 AM »

I have to admit Im sucked in by this.

It just seems to add up.

gnR hit the stage before midnight on the 27th and play during the early hours of thursday the 28th... then before the encore they ask the fans if theyd like to check out their record which is out now...  peace
oneway23
VIP

I've asphyxiated waiting...

« Reply #2621 on: November 10, 2006, 07:40:11 AM »

Hasn't Jay-Z been pushed back to the 28th?
Locomotive98
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #2622 on: November 10, 2006, 07:40:43 AM »

For those unaware, there are 3 huge markets in the United States when it comes to music.

New York,Los Angeles and Chicago

So If they are in Chicago the day before and the album is promised to be released this year, I say the 28th would be the perfect date.

I almost guarantee that it was suppose to be released the 21st but they pushed it back a week to avoid the new jay Z album.

D, I like your theory, but I don't know about the Jay Z thing.? I'm inclined to think that it has something to do with respect for Gilby and Rockstar Supernova's release coming on the 21st.

Lol, Axl and respect for former bandmates just doesnt add up for me.

If its out this year I reckon December, if not, well, who knows.

'Once there was this rock n' roll band rolling on the street, time went by and it became a joke'.
The Legend
Killer
VIP

DX sez "Suck It!"

« Reply #2623 on: November 10, 2006, 08:05:41 AM »

For those unaware, there are 3 huge markets in the United States when it comes to music.

So If they are in Chicago the day before and the album is promised to be released this year, I say the 28th would be the perfect date.

I almost guarantee that it was suppose to be released the 21st but they pushed it back a week to avoid the new jay Z album.

1) Chicago's music market, despite being big, is not even comparable to NYC or LA

2) Anyday soon is a good day, nothing makes the 28th special

3) Jay-Z's album has also been pushed back. I'm not sure what the new date is, but it's not being released on the 21st.

D, I like your theory, but I don't know about the Jay Z thing. I'm inclined to think that it has something to do with respect for Gilby and Rockstar Supernova's release coming on the 21st.

Hahaha, yeah like Supernova is even worthy competition. They might go gold.

D, I like your theory, but I don't know about the Jay Z thing. I'm inclined to think that it has something to do with respect for Gilby and Rockstar Supernova's release coming on the 21st.

Universal wouldnt put two of their biggest artists against each other, its not good buisness! Jay Z is on Universal aswell as Guns.

Jonx

Guns N' Roses is not one of Universal's big current artists. They have no idea how this album will perform. Jay-Z is proven, and his last album was only 5 years ago. Plus, speaking of 'big artists', I believe Gwen Stefani & Eminem are also on Universal, and their albums are coming out the same day.

D, I like your theory, but I don't know about the Jay Z thing. ?I'm inclined to think that it has something to do with respect for Gilby and Rockstar Supernova's release coming on the 21st.

That must be why Steven makes more money than Axl on AFD royalties.

"Anybody who is sitting here - in the year 2007 - and arguing that this band isn't guns n roses has to be half retarded." - Jim Bob, HTGTH poster, 2007.

GNR shows:
10/25/06
10/27/06
PeterCoffin
Rocker

don't wear floppy pants

« Reply #2624 on: November 10, 2006, 08:08:04 AM »

...but Axl might not show?....uhh, is it just me or is it a bad idea to have a band show up, which is in the middle of a tour with no promotion in the US apparently

Axl could be in NYC to do something there.

Locomotive98
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #2625 on: November 10, 2006, 08:11:14 AM »

Lol, yeah I bet he does.  rofl

'Once there was this rock n' roll band rolling on the street, time went by and it became a joke'.
Jonx
VIP

Mad At Nascar

« Reply #2626 on: November 10, 2006, 08:16:01 AM »

I would argue differently. Greatest Hits performed exceptionally well considering it had very little promotion, it also proved that the GnR name was still a power seller in the modern music biz.

Jonx
The Legend
Killer
VIP

DX sez "Suck It!"

« Reply #2627 on: November 10, 2006, 08:21:51 AM »

Lol, yeah I bet he does.? rofl

He'd have more money, but he kept the country of Colombia financed throughout the 90's.

"Anybody who is sitting here - in the year 2007 - and arguing that this band isn't guns n roses has to be half retarded." - Jim Bob, HTGTH poster, 2007.

GNR shows:
10/25/06
10/27/06
estranged.1098
« Reply #2628 on: November 10, 2006, 08:45:09 AM »

I would argue differently. Greatest Hits performed exceptionally well considering it had very little promotion, it also proved that the GnR name was still a power seller in the modern music biz.

Jonx

It was better promoted than Chinese Democracy at this point.
blues rocker
Banned
Rocker

ANGUS YOUNG - AC/DC

« Reply #2629 on: November 10, 2006, 09:05:03 AM »

First off, I'm not a huge fan but when googling Guns N' Roses board this came up and these posts look recent so I wanted to tip off some fans for something in the works they will love.

I work at the Virgin Megastore Chicago 'N. Michigan Ave.' and for the past few weeks the manager and some of our higher ups have been in a hush mode about some in-store we have to be ready for on Nov. 28th. Tonight some of us were told that it is confirmed and it will be the 'new' Guns N' Roses for the release of the new album that day. They also said Axl is more than likely not going to be here but 'everyone else', not sure what that means, will be to sign the new album. I know our manager is still pushing to have them do a performance but I think that would come down to Axl being there, no? I figure this will give you guys a heads up of a few days before it becomes major news.

What we were told so far:
-Lining up will only be allowed starting after 6am (this is a Chicago thing)
-First 500 people are the only ones 'guaranteed'
-One copy signed per person but they may purchase as many as they would like
-No other items will be signed
-No cameras or cellphone cameras will be allowed when nearing the band (this is a common rule that we impose for larger acts)

Judging by some of the posts on here you guys may call crap or whatever on my post but please do not get me fired and keep this to yourselves. We still have to deny everything until later next week at this point.

Thanks

Link: http://chinesedemocracy.com/viewtopic.php?t=20589&sid=cd3c629e054a2171cf745e86914b8c36

i smell bullshit....a huge load of it
kriss_boy
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #2630 on: November 10, 2006, 09:07:44 AM »

i smell bullshit....a huge load of it

Then take a shower...  yes
wight gunner
VIP

"Paranoia is just another type of awareness"

« Reply #2631 on: November 10, 2006, 09:12:47 AM »

Well i guess we will know if this post mysteriously disappears in a few hours when Jarmo gets on here.

If I were Jarmo I'd delete it for a laugh (true or not!)  confused

Hobos are people who move around looking for work, tramps are people who move around but don't look for work, and bums are people who don't move and don't work. I've been all three. -Seasick Steve
BurningHills
Legend

Resurrection Joe

« Reply #2632 on: November 10, 2006, 09:20:34 AM »

Hasn't Jay-Z been pushed back to the 28th?

Yes, Jay-Z's new CD was pushed back a week.

05.15.06 - Hammerstein Ballroom - New York, NY
11.10.06 - Madison Square Garden - New York, NY
11.20.11 - Mohegan Sun Arena - Wilkes-Barre, PA
02.27.12 - Electric Factory - Philadelphia, PA
1badapple
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #2633 on: November 10, 2006, 09:26:17 AM »

Could someone who knows computers check if this poster is actually located in Chicago? Easiest way to prove something fake.

That's not necessarily true. When i post from work, the IP addy comes from Kentucky. I'm not in Kentucky, i'm in Illinois (not in Chicago though).

If this turns out to be true, i'll be there. I'm going to the Chicago show, so maybe i'll just go hang out in Chicago after the show and head to Virgin at about 6.

Best Buy still has Jay Z listed for 11-21-06. You can even pre-order it ( if you like that music).

How long before this thread disappears?
« Last Edit: November 10, 2006, 09:33:27 AM by 1badapple » Logged
flicknn
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #2634 on: November 10, 2006, 09:39:56 AM »

One of my closest friends works for the tribune , right down the street from there and he is calling BS on this on...read our converstion

Arrogant25: My personal BS radar went off when it said that no cameras would be allowed, and thats their regular policy for larger bands.  I saw Ozzy there - cameras were allowed.  System of a Down last year - cameras were allowed.  Not to mention - 500 people wouldn't even show up to have an album signed by a bunch of people nobody knows.

flicknthebird2001: so if that was false they would have deleted it by now

flicknthebird2001: yeah i know but , the same is said on most tickets and people still take pics

Arrogant25: True, but for an album signing, part of the big deal is that you get a pic with the celeb.  Do a wire image search for virgin records and you'll see tons of bands at Virgin having their pics taken with fans.
Arrogant25: Now if he would have said that for THIS event alone, Axl or Axl's scabs didnt want cameras it would have been more believeable.

Arrogant25: Besides, who posts something like that saying "dont get me fired?"  If you didn't want to get fired, you'd just post the info and NOT say that you work there.

Arrogant25: If they're going to announce it next week, it's not like a heads up online will do anything.
Axls Rosed
Opening Act

It allready sounds better than contraband

« Reply #2635 on: November 10, 2006, 09:55:15 AM »

First off, I'm not a huge fan but when googling Guns N' Roses board this came up and these posts look recent so I wanted to tip off some fans for something in the works they will love.

I work at the Virgin Megastore Chicago 'N. Michigan Ave.' and for the past few weeks the manager and some of our higher ups have been in a hush mode about some in-store we have to be ready for on Nov. 28th. Tonight some of us were told that it is confirmed and it will be the 'new' Guns N' Roses for the release of the new album that day. They also said Axl is more than likely not going to be here but 'everyone else', not sure what that means, will be to sign the new album. I know our manager is still pushing to have them do a performance but I think that would come down to Axl being there, no? I figure this will give you guys a heads up of a few days before it becomes major news.

What we were told so far:
-Lining up will only be allowed starting after 6am (this is a Chicago thing)
-First 500 people are the only ones 'guaranteed'
-One copy signed per person but they may purchase as many as they would like
-No other items will be signed
-No cameras or cellphone cameras will be allowed when nearing the band (this is a common rule that we impose for larger acts)

Judging by some of the posts on here you guys may call crap or whatever on my post but please do not get me fired and keep this to yourselves. We still have to deny everything until later next week at this point.

Thanks

Link: http://chinesedemocracy.com/viewtopic.php?t=20589&sid=cd3c629e054a2171cf745e86914b8c36

If the were true captain censoreship wpuld have impossed his superpowers by now and pulled his nutorious vanishing act on this thread and banned the dude who posted it.

AR

Chinese democracy starts whenever the ablum drops
flicknn
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #2636 on: November 10, 2006, 09:59:54 AM »

perhaps they  want this kind of publicity , so it hasnt been deleted , I am on the fence with this one , not sure wich way to lean.
Adler_Sorum_Brain
Rocker

Look at the lies Slash is leading

« Reply #2637 on: November 10, 2006, 10:02:10 AM »

I belive you..cool stuff..Thanks..And then if someone with -4 in karma calls you a liar..well.. rofl

As the dust settled, Axl stared unblinkingly at me and, with no hint of irony, summed up GN?R?s philosophy: ?We don?t start anything. But if you mess with us, then we?ll fuck you up!
Janabis
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #2638 on: November 10, 2006, 10:16:55 AM »

please do not get me fired and keep this to yourselves.

Hilarious... "Let's see, I don't want to get fired so I'll only post this on the INTERNET where a MILLION people can see it instantly." Anyone who believes this trash has been waiting for Chinese Democracy for far too long  rofl. Oh well, he still has about a 15% chance of being right since the CD will probably drop on one of these Tuesdays before year's end.
The Legend
Killer
VIP

DX sez "Suck It!"

« Reply #2639 on: November 10, 2006, 10:41:21 AM »

One of my closest friends works for the tribune , right down the street from there and he is calling BS on this on...read our converstion

Arrogant25: My personal BS radar went off when it said that no cameras would be allowed, and thats their regular policy for larger bands.? I saw Ozzy there - cameras were allowed.? System of a Down last year - cameras were allowed.? Not to mention - 500 people wouldn't even show up to have an album signed by a bunch of people nobody knows.

Exactly.

I mean I love the new guys, but who are we kidding. No one knows who in the hell they are at this point other than the diehards, and people are paying the ticket price to see Axl.

The point is to get them into the arena, realize they rock, and say "hey, these guys are the real deal". That's the point.

500 people aren't showing up to a spare-of-the-moment CD signing show, unless they are tricked into thinking Axl Rose will be there.

Let's be realistic.

GNR shows:
10/25/06
10/27/06
Pages: 1 ... 130 131 [132] 133 134 ... 374 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: