Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 27, 2024, 12:15:21 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228517 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  The CD release date rumor / speculation thread
Pages: 1 ... 127 128 [129] 130 131 ... 374 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The CD release date rumor / speculation thread  (Read 645539 times)
crofty
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #2560 on: November 07, 2006, 09:51:34 AM »

Multiple covers in limited quantities is a great idea.

If they do that I'll download it, I fucking hate it when bands do that. Then I'll wait for the proper album to drop with the regular cover and get that.
MarioGunner
Rocker

I should've known you're crazy

« Reply #2561 on: November 07, 2006, 10:32:28 AM »

Multiple covers in limited quantities is a great idea.

If they do that I'll download it, I fucking hate it when bands do that. Then I'll wait for the proper album to drop with the regular cover and get that.

hihi hihi hihi hihi hihi

that's a die hard opinion!!!? ?ok

You can run like a river
Till you end up in the sea
And you run till night is black
And keep on going in your dream

My NEW Trading Space http://www.freewebs.com/mariogunner/
crofty
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #2562 on: November 07, 2006, 03:38:56 PM »

I know it's fun to have all the collectables, but I'm not gonna drop ?50 on an album just to get the different covers. but fuck yeah, I'll buy the album. I like to have the real thing, but I feel like sometimes things like that take advantage of hardcore fans. The very people who shouldnt be exploited for having stuck with a band so long.
erose
Legend

Live ?!'@ Like A Suicide

« Reply #2563 on: November 07, 2006, 09:04:31 PM »

I hope this date is true, if so i don't have to worry about all the fuckin' christmas presents this year. which will be a huge huge huge releaf lol. I'll fuckin' buy Chinese Democracy to every fuckin' person on my list with the knowledge of being the one who gave away the best presents!

is sad, i've gained so much from gn'r yet still i want more... gn'r is my heroin. Shocked

victory or death

even if it costs ?9.50
grog mug
Legend

« Reply #2564 on: November 07, 2006, 09:24:58 PM »

GN'R is my drug as well.  It brings pain, pleasure, and a feeling of comfort all at once.  It's just a band, and its just music but CHINESE DEMOCRACY is a huge part of everyones life on this board.  Bring on Nov. 21st but I'm still thinking Dec. 5th.
newgnr
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #2565 on: November 07, 2006, 09:28:16 PM »

GN'R is my drug as well.? It brings pain, pleasure, and a feeling of comfort all at once.? It's just a band, and its just music but CHINESE DEMOCRACY is a huge part of everyones life on this board.? Bring on Nov. 21st but I'm still thinking Dec. 5th.

i'm thinking 2007.

wishing '06 tho.
RoCoKiN
VIP

I am The Shackler in the Rye with Diamonds!!

« Reply #2566 on: November 07, 2006, 09:30:20 PM »

I've been hopped up on GN'R for the last 18 years and when they hit Halifax on the 20th I think I'm gonna shit myself, cry, go into convulsions, every possible bodily function will be lost....I CAN"T FUCKING WAIT!!!

'...Oh, my distorted smile...'
BKinNYC
Rocker

Worrying's a waste of my time.

« Reply #2567 on: November 07, 2006, 09:30:35 PM »

Sorry, but just a random thought here:

I work for a television network. ?We get free promotional shit (DVD's, CD's etc.) all of the time. ?If CD really IS coming out on November 21st, wouldn't the critics and other media outlets already be receiving it?

I realize that there could be a "surprise release," but without critics it'll be that much MORE difficult to promote CD. ?And whether it's music, movies, or television, anytime something is released before being sent to critics, it's automatically written off as a piece of crap. ?Therefore, I find it hard to believe that some other outlet wouldn't report it first, before CD just shows up in stores.

italysfinest1985
Rocker

Riding on the night train...

« Reply #2568 on: November 07, 2006, 09:33:03 PM »

Sorry, but just a random thought here:

I work for a television network. ?We get free promotional shit (DVD's, CD's etc.) all of the time. ?If CD really IS coming out on November 21st, wouldn't the critics and other media outlets already be receiving it?

I realize that there could be a "surprise release," but without critics it'll be that much MORE difficult to promote CD. ?And whether it's music, movies, or television, anytime something is released before being sent to critics, it's automatically written off as a piece of crap. ?Therefore, I find it hard to believe that some other outlet wouldn't report it first, before CD just shows up in stores.

Axl Rose defines unconventional.

Guns N Roses Custom Reunion Trailer (Axl & Slash)
https://youtu.be/7NdNrNslYkU
caiman
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #2569 on: November 07, 2006, 09:42:02 PM »

GN'R is my drug as well.  It brings pain, pleasure, and a feeling of comfort all at once.  It's just a band, and its just music but CHINESE DEMOCRACY is a huge part of everyones life on this board.  Bring on Nov. 21st but I'm still thinking Dec. 5th.

i'm thinking 2007.

wishing '06 tho.

I think is coming dec 5, and i'm pretty sure, but you never know... wikipedia goes for november ... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chinese_Democracy_(album)
benchiefjr
« Reply #2570 on: November 07, 2006, 09:49:16 PM »

and since Wikipedia is as reliable as my blind aunt at identifying a criminal...i won't belive it.
Eternal Flaming Sword of Death...
Rocker

What happened?

« Reply #2571 on: November 07, 2006, 09:50:04 PM »

fuck y'all and fuck Jay Z

this album is a little different

I like Jay-Z ?but his new album ain't no Chinese Democracy

i hate this.....

Behold, the evil that men do...
King Axl
Rocker

4/14/2012. MAKE IT HAPPEN.

« Reply #2572 on: November 07, 2006, 09:51:27 PM »

I'd love to believe November 21st for the "Better" single, not for 'Chinese Democracy'. I just don't think the record can be dumped into stores with little or no promotion.

If the full album isn't out by December 12th, it won't be out in '06.

"Something, something, something, DARK SIDE. Something, something, something, COMPLETE".
polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #2573 on: November 10, 2006, 01:59:35 AM »

First off, I'm not a huge fan but when googling Guns N' Roses board this came up and these posts look recent so I wanted to tip off some fans for something in the works they will love.

I work at the Virgin Megastore Chicago 'N. Michigan Ave.' and for the past few weeks the manager and some of our higher ups have been in a hush mode about some in-store we have to be ready for on Nov. 28th. Tonight some of us were told that it is confirmed and it will be the 'new' Guns N' Roses for the release of the new album that day. They also said Axl is more than likely not going to be here but 'everyone else', not sure what that means, will be to sign the new album. I know our manager is still pushing to have them do a performance but I think that would come down to Axl being there, no? I figure this will give you guys a heads up of a few days before it becomes major news.

What we were told so far:
-Lining up will only be allowed starting after 6am (this is a Chicago thing)
-First 500 people are the only ones 'guaranteed'
-One copy signed per person but they may purchase as many as they would like
-No other items will be signed
-No cameras or cellphone cameras will be allowed when nearing the band (this is a common rule that we impose for larger acts)

Judging by some of the posts on here you guys may call crap or whatever on my post but please do not get me fired and keep this to yourselves. We still have to deny everything until later next week at this point.

Thanks

Link: http://chinesedemocracy.com/viewtopic.php?t=20589&sid=cd3c629e054a2171cf745e86914b8c36

« Last Edit: November 10, 2006, 09:44:16 PM by polluxlm » Logged

Ah, mere infantry. Poor beggars.

GN'R Tour Overview 1984-2007
polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #2574 on: November 10, 2006, 02:02:41 AM »

Don't know what to make of this. The guy is a noob, but the band is in Chicago at that date and it's a nice tie in to a single release on the 21st. The way it's written doesn't seem fake either. But we all know that you never know.

EFISH
« Reply #2575 on: November 10, 2006, 02:03:05 AM »

If he wanted to keep it all hush to avoid being fired, he wouldnt have posted it there.

rofl rofl rofl rofl

Always up for a good laugh on a late night like this one..
chinese69illusions
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #2576 on: November 10, 2006, 02:03:09 AM »

Well I hope it is true . beer

?You better take care of me Lord, if you don't you're gonna have me on your hands.?
polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #2577 on: November 10, 2006, 02:04:42 AM »

If he wanted to keep it all hush to avoid being fired, he wouldnt have posted it there.

rofl rofl rofl rofl

If you don't know how message boards work you might not expect it to reach anyone except us.

Another funny thing, the guys at CD.com begged people to post it here, they want to know if it gets deleted rofl

EFISH
« Reply #2578 on: November 10, 2006, 02:05:51 AM »

rofl rofl rofl rofl

If you don't know how message boards work you might not expect it to reach anyone except us.
Huh?

Well anyway, its a pretty obvious fake, but that would be cool if they did stuff like that.  yes
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #2579 on: November 10, 2006, 02:07:12 AM »

With this band i would not be surprised if this is true.
Pages: 1 ... 127 128 [129] 130 131 ... 374 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: