Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 25, 2024, 01:22:20 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228505 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  The CD release date rumor / speculation thread
Pages: 1 ... 103 104 [105] 106 107 ... 374 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The CD release date rumor / speculation thread  (Read 643597 times)
-Jack-
Kickin' it old school
Legend

DT imba

« Reply #2080 on: July 28, 2005, 09:24:20 PM »

http://www.sp1at.com/item.php?id=575

Looks awesome. Even if it is only a rumor.

gnrevolution.com
Mr. Nik™
VIP

This I Love

« Reply #2081 on: July 29, 2005, 03:54:31 AM »

http://www.sp1at.com/item.php?id=575

Looks awesome. Even if it is only a rumor.

Quote from: sp1at.com
Please note we have posted this to our Gossip section due to the nature of some of the information

Please further note that you should not post this on any news sites, and also please do not post on websites heretodaygonetohell.com or mygnrforum.com unless you have the permission of a moderator.

Posting this to other sites should be fine though, as long as it is reported correctly (i.e. Gossip).

my signature... starts now!!?
morally pure, exact, calm, serenity, peace, reighteousness, forgive, eternal, thank, passion, enthusiastic, respect
POPmetal
« Reply #2082 on: July 29, 2005, 05:04:27 AM »

hey, did I not state emphatically that the views I expressed were my opinion? Yes I did, so saying I "act as if my views are the law of the universe" is a little unfair methinks

You asked for specific examples of what my views of overproduced were, I provided them. Thats not to say that people don't enjoy those albums,? ?obviously they do as some of those albums have sold in the millions.

Regarding the whole "subjective" term, I think that can be applied to most words/phrases/ideas/concepts don't you? So clutching at the one sidepoint and implying it's the hard and fast point is grasping at straws a little I think.
Youre saying "overproduced" is a convenient way in which record co's etc can market below par recordings (which I referred to as a conspiracy theory, however I didnt quote as verbatim so you're really reaching there when accusing me of "putting words in your mouth"), I'm saying that the existence of over-production is very real (at least for many listeners, some may prefer this sound as you point out, but it doesn't dispell the fact that it turns a lot of people off).

To me it is simple - overproduction is a curse that can be entrenched in an album and it is a very real possibility that CD could suffer this affliction - I wasn't trying to debate or determine peoples tastes - because as you say, peoples tastes are subjective - ranging from the polished studio production sound, to the raw live sound. That is really the subjective part of what we are discussing IMO, not whether overproduction exists or not.

And no, I'm not trying to be an asshole and I've been able to acknowledge points you make -I'm here for good conversation be it debate or sharing of ideas, I'm not here for hostility or name calling. ?peace

Yes, the term "subjective" applies to to many words/phrases/ideas/concepts, but it is pretentious to insist that one's subjective taste is better than another's. Do you see where I'm coming from?

What people who whine about "overproduction" are doing is tantamount to: if people who like wearing dark colors were to say that bright colors are "oversaturated" and therefore bright clothes should not be made so that we can get rid of the "affliction" that is "oversaturation." It is just as snobbish and ridiculous to claim that strong production, heavy layering, etc. are an "affliction" as it would be to claim that bright colors are an "affliction."

Now, I don't expect you to see where I'm coming from, since you're being such an ideologue about this that nothing is likely to sway you. I mean, you call it a "curse" and an "affliction" and whatnot, one would think you were talking about slavery or cancer or famine, not production. So you and your ilk go on believing what you want to believe. I have no doubt that no matter what CD sounds like, there will be plenty of people who'll throw out stereotypes like "overproduction" and try to stigmatize the album. I will judge it based on the merits of the music. Most who are open minded about this would agree that, just because something is recorded perfectly, layered heavily, etc. doesn't mean that it can't embody exceptional artistic attributes, including human emotion and feeling.

I have not contested that just because it is layered, recorded/played? perfectly etc.. that automatically defines it is as over-produced. I am saying that an over-produced album can bear these hallmarks - see the difference??

I refer you back to my initial post that sparked this debate:

"you make a good point but theres also 'over-prduction' to factor

I want? a polished, complete record, not some thrown together cheaply recorded, poorly mixed album...BUT.... if it's too polished, too layered and too laboured over, that can stifle the human ness and emotion out - so it is a balancing act but still something to be aware of"

But you have yet to define when something becomes "too polished" or "too layered" etc. You said there was a "fine line." Then, where is it? I'm not gonna keep going in circles with you. Are you being facetious or something, because at this point, you can not be serious. It's like I'm arguing with 6 year old Roll Eyes

Soundgardens 'Superunknown" is a very "produced" sounding, studio album and in my view, it is the better for it. Their following album 'Down on the Upside' is much rawer and is the better for it as well.
Okay.

I too will judge CD when it comes out and will be the first to state if I feel its a masterpiece. In fact, I am confident it will be an exceptional album. But given Axls been in the studio for this long and been through so many producers etc.. surely the topic of whether or not it has been affected adversly or otherwise due to this, is warranted. And I do see where you are coming from, and have acknowledged that in a polite debate whereas you have not - resorting to labeling my views "pretentious" etc..
Ohhhh ... I implied you were pretentious, how mean and impolite of me?!?!? Could you ever forgive me???

You insist that what you consider proper production is the norm, but what I (and millions of others) consider proper production is a curse and an affliction. I think that is being pretentious and snobbish and ridiculous, and I stand by that.

That will be my last word on the matter btw
Somehow, I doubt it Undecided
« Last Edit: July 29, 2005, 05:07:17 AM by POPmetal » Logged
DoubleTalkingJive
VIP

Yes I have a shirt on, the words cover it.

« Reply #2083 on: July 29, 2005, 05:57:29 PM »

This is the most gossip we have heard about Chinese D this year.   I only hope that it does surface.  When I read about each song it makes me excited to finally hear them on this album.   One can only hope that the band members are all called back from their solo projects to finally start out on this venture.   I will keep my fingers crossed but I am not hoping.  As I take this and everything else unofficial with a grain of salt.

Where it's at   http://www.gnrevolution.com

check it out!!
jimmythegent
Legend

Live!! From Burning Hills, Wellington...

« Reply #2084 on: July 29, 2005, 08:28:06 PM »

hey, did I not state emphatically that the views I expressed were my opinion? Yes I did, so saying I "act as if my views are the law of the universe" is a little unfair methinks

You asked for specific examples of what my views of overproduced were, I provided them. Thats not to say that people don't enjoy those albums,? ?obviously they do as some of those albums have sold in the millions.

Regarding the whole "subjective" term, I think that can be applied to most words/phrases/ideas/concepts don't you? So clutching at the one sidepoint and implying it's the hard and fast point is grasping at straws a little I think.
Youre saying "overproduced" is a convenient way in which record co's etc can market below par recordings (which I referred to as a conspiracy theory, however I didnt quote as verbatim so you're really reaching there when accusing me of "putting words in your mouth"), I'm saying that the existence of over-production is very real (at least for many listeners, some may prefer this sound as you point out, but it doesn't dispell the fact that it turns a lot of people off).

To me it is simple - overproduction is a curse that can be entrenched in an album and it is a very real possibility that CD could suffer this affliction - I wasn't trying to debate or determine peoples tastes - because as you say, peoples tastes are subjective - ranging from the polished studio production sound, to the raw live sound. That is really the subjective part of what we are discussing IMO, not whether overproduction exists or not.

And no, I'm not trying to be an asshole and I've been able to acknowledge points you make -I'm here for good conversation be it debate or sharing of ideas, I'm not here for hostility or name calling. ?peace

Yes, the term "subjective" applies to to many words/phrases/ideas/concepts, but it is pretentious to insist that one's subjective taste is better than another's. Do you see where I'm coming from?

What people who whine about "overproduction" are doing is tantamount to: if people who like wearing dark colors were to say that bright colors are "oversaturated" and therefore bright clothes should not be made so that we can get rid of the "affliction" that is "oversaturation." It is just as snobbish and ridiculous to claim that strong production, heavy layering, etc. are an "affliction" as it would be to claim that bright colors are an "affliction."

Now, I don't expect you to see where I'm coming from, since you're being such an ideologue about this that nothing is likely to sway you. I mean, you call it a "curse" and an "affliction" and whatnot, one would think you were talking about slavery or cancer or famine, not production. So you and your ilk go on believing what you want to believe. I have no doubt that no matter what CD sounds like, there will be plenty of people who'll throw out stereotypes like "overproduction" and try to stigmatize the album. I will judge it based on the merits of the music. Most who are open minded about this would agree that, just because something is recorded perfectly, layered heavily, etc. doesn't mean that it can't embody exceptional artistic attributes, including human emotion and feeling.

I have not contested that just because it is layered, recorded/played? perfectly etc.. that automatically defines it is as over-produced. I am saying that an over-produced album can bear these hallmarks - see the difference??

I refer you back to my initial post that sparked this debate:

"you make a good point but theres also 'over-prduction' to factor

I want? a polished, complete record, not some thrown together cheaply recorded, poorly mixed album...BUT.... if it's too polished, too layered and too laboured over, that can stifle the human ness and emotion out - so it is a balancing act but still something to be aware of"

But you have yet to define when something becomes "too polished" or "too layered" etc. You said there was a "fine line." Then, where is it? I'm not gonna keep going in circles with you. Are you being facetious or something, because at this point, you can not be serious. It's like I'm arguing with 6 year old Roll Eyes

Soundgardens 'Superunknown" is a very "produced" sounding, studio album and in my view, it is the better for it. Their following album 'Down on the Upside' is much rawer and is the better for it as well.
Okay.

I too will judge CD when it comes out and will be the first to state if I feel its a masterpiece. In fact, I am confident it will be an exceptional album. But given Axls been in the studio for this long and been through so many producers etc.. surely the topic of whether or not it has been affected adversly or otherwise due to this, is warranted. And I do see where you are coming from, and have acknowledged that in a polite debate whereas you have not - resorting to labeling my views "pretentious" etc..
Ohhhh ... I implied you were pretentious, how mean and impolite of me?!?!? Could you ever forgive me???

You insist that what you consider proper production is the norm, but what I (and millions of others) consider proper production is a curse and an affliction. I think that is being pretentious and snobbish and ridiculous, and I stand by that.

That will be my last word on the matter btw
Somehow, I doubt it Undecided

ok, im back again, you've got me again rofl

gee, that didn't take long for you to respond? ok I guess that took some time to come up with given it's such a sharp eloquent, retort? rofl

but seriously, grow up and lighten up a shade mate, it's actually pretty pathetic the way you've gone on about this to be honest, you've actually managed to make quite an ass of yourself and come off quite pretentious yerself hihi

me acting like a 6 year old? oh dear, the irony of it all confused

One more time then - I am under no obligation to define the exact line between overproduction and underproduction, as it is not an exact science as we know, and it's obviously not totally black and white, you see?
I took for granted that most people would be able to comprehend that notion when we started this conversation and that is something that should not need defining nor discussing

(it's like saying what is the exact point to which decides whether a song is good or bad - define it in black and white!! Now!!- of course it's subjective, but that doesn't mean that we don't still have opinions on what makes a good? or bad song does there? Or in fact that such a thing as a good or bad song exists?)

- it is the kind of thing you know when you hear, if that kind of thing bothers you - come on man - thats a given, and again you've tryed to steer this debate in a different direction, again clutching at the proverbial straw.
Yes, yes - you are saying that plenty of people feel that layered, very studio sounding recordings can be some peoples idea of perfect production so using the word "over" before it is arrogant to those who hold that view. I explained that just because a recording may be very layered or polished doesn't necessarily deem a recording instantly overproduced, whilst providing examples I felt fell under both categories - again, I refer you to my last paragraph.

Ask any producer, mixer, studio enigineer or anyone who's had a modicum of experience working with sound. They'll all have differing ideas as to what defines "overproduction", or where the line is between overdone and underdone but it's a fair bet to say that theyd agree it can happen. It would in fact, likely be something they're taught about.

I have offered perfectly reasoned? examples and clarifications of everything you have requested - we disagree obviously. All you have done is repeat the same thing over and over, focus on parts of my posts out of context and ignore the crucial parts which adddress your argument.

The way you have tryed to distort, dissect and misinterpret my words however, has actually been quite fascinating - bordering on a little worrying though? Undecided

"Ohhhh ... I implied you were pretentious, how mean and impolite of me?!?!? Could you ever forgive me???"
 rofl rofl rofl
this cracked me up the most - mate, don't for a moment flatter yourself into believing you could possibly offend me? rofl I was merely pointing out that you'd managed to turn a polite, lighthearted debate into something quite puerile and it is common for some to resort to this when they feel they are losing stride in an argument/debate

But I think perhaps you have a small persecution complex as I have? noticed from some of your other posts that you're a big fan of glam metal - no wonder you're so defensive/sensitive about all this!!? Shocked - you should have stated that at the beginning, it would have saved me a lot of time hihi hihi

whoops, that was rather a petulant comment, sorry? Undecided? errr.. you've managed to drag me down to your level - you're right I should have stuck to what I said and kept it as my last word? Wink

bye now? Smiley

« Last Edit: July 29, 2005, 09:34:00 PM by jimmythegent » Logged

"Dive in and find the monkey!"
POPmetal
« Reply #2085 on: July 29, 2005, 09:45:29 PM »

gee, that didn't take long for you to respond? ok I guess that took some time to come up with given it's such a sharp eloquent, retort? rofl

but seriously, grow up and lighten up a shade mate, it's actually pretty pathetic the way you've gone on about this to be honest, you've actually managed to make quite an ass of yourself and come off quite pretentious yerself hihi

One more time then - I am under no obligation to define the exact line between overproduction and underproduction, as it is not an exact science as we know, and it's obviously not totally black and white, you see?
I took for granted that most people would be able to comprehend that notion when we started this conversation and that is something that should not need defining nor discussing

(it's like saying what is the exact point to which decides whether a song is good or bad - define it in black and white!! Now!!- of course it's subjective, but that doesn't mean that we don't still have opinions on what makes a good? or bad song does there? Or in fact that such a thing as a good or bad song exists?)

- it is the kind of thing you know when you hear, if that kind of thing bothers you - come on man - thats a given, and again you've tryed to steer this debate in a different direction, again clutching at the proverbial straw.
Yes, yes - you are saying that plenty of people feel that layered, very studio sounding recordings can be some peoples idea of perfect production so using the word "over" before it is arrogant to those who hold that view. I explained that just because a recording may be very layered or polished doesn't necessarily deem a recording instantly overproduced, whilst providing examples I felt fell under both categories - again, I refer you to my last paragraph.

Ask any producer, mixer, studio enigineer or anyone who's had a modicum of experience working with sound. They'll all have differing ideas as to what defines "overproduction", or where the line is between overdone and underdone but it's a fair bet to say that theyd agree it can happen. It would in fact, likely be something they're taught about.

I have offered perfectly reasoned? examples and clarifications of everything you have requested - we disagree obviously. All you have done is repeat the same thing over and over, focus on parts of my posts out of context and ignore the crucial parts which adddress your argument.

The way you have tryed to distort, dissect and misinterpret my words however, has actually been quite fascinating - bordering on a little worrying though? Undecided

"Ohhhh ... I implied you were pretentious, how mean and impolite of me?!?!? Could you ever forgive me???"
 rofl rofl rofl
this cracked me up the most - mate, don't for a moment flatter yourself into believing you could possibly offend me? rofl I was merely pointing out that you'd managed to turn a polite, lighthearted debate into something quite puerile and it is common for some to resort to this when they feel they are losing stride in an argument/debate

But I think perhaps you have a small persecution complex as I have? noticed from some of your other posts that you're a big fan of glam metal - no wonder you're so defensive/sensitive about all this!!? Shocked - you should have stated that at the beginning, it would have saved me a lot of time hihi hihi

whoops, that was rather a petulant comment, sorry? Undecided? errr.. you've managed to drag me down to your level - you're right I should have stuck to what I said and kept it as my last word? Wink

bye now? Smiley

I was just reading something and came over the following quote: "This I surely know, if I wrestle with dung, win or lose, I'm always defiled." Sounds like good advice and, in light of the last rant you made, I'm through arguing with you. In fact, I wish I came over the quote a little earlier since you lost this argument 2 posts ago, and now I'm just getting defiled.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2005, 09:51:23 PM by POPmetal » Logged
jimmythegent
Legend

« Reply #2086 on: July 29, 2005, 11:40:00 PM »

rofl rofl rofl

bye now? Smiley

I was just reading something and came over the following quote: "This I surely know, if I wrestle with dung, win or lose, I'm always defiled." Sounds like good advice and, in light of the last rant you made, I'm through arguing with you. In fact, I wish I came over the quote a little earlier since you lost this argument 2 posts ago, and now I'm just getting defiled.

I prefer "Never argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience"? rofl - yeah, you one that prize 3 posts ago, not 2 Wink

as far as winning the argument goes, clearly I have nullified every childish attack you've leveled. next time maybe buddy? Wink
« Last Edit: July 30, 2005, 12:16:46 AM by jimmythegent » Logged

POPmetal
« Reply #2087 on: July 30, 2005, 05:45:12 AM »

I prefer "Never argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience"? rofl - yeah, you one that prize 3 posts ago, not 2 Wink
This 'not me, you started it first' 1st grader routine only serves to reinforce what I said.

as far as winning the argument goes, clearly I have nullified every childish attack you've leveled. next time maybe buddy? Wink
That's correct. You nullified every single "childish" attack I made ... all ZERO of them ...? congratulations! But too bad you did nothing to refute my claim that "overproduction" is a fake smear word used to stigmatize good albums based on subjective criteria.
estranged.1098
« Reply #2088 on: July 30, 2005, 05:26:42 PM »

And we're all very thankful that you've shared your opinion here. But you're forgetting three very important points.

1) No matter how much production goes into CD, it'll still be the greatest album of all time.

2) We all think that Axl is the biggest asshole in the universe for making us wait this long for CD.

and most importantly....

3) We'll forgive him and put him on the highest pedestal again, the instant it comes out.

Well, I don't think Axl is the biggest asshole in the universe...not because he "made us wait" (I must have missed the guns he's holding to all our heads), nor for any other reason.  I think he's a person.  And just like any person, he has flaws and merits....

Maybe it's because I don't feel Axl "owes" us an album...and I don't feel like I'm putting any effort into "waiting"...so I don't begrudge him the time it's taken for the creative process.  I'm certainly anticipating it's release, and will be excited when/if it IS released, but...I don't know...it's just not that big of a piece of my life to actually get ticked off about.  If he delivers, GREAT!  If not...ah well.  In the grand scheme of things...it's a fucking album!  It's not gonna change the world (well, unless it's from "The Wild Stallions!!"...party on dude), it's not gonna cure cancer, and it's sure as fuck not going to make my life (or any other posters life...unless Axl is posting...Axl, you there???....) appreciably better or worse depending on it's release.

Yes, I'd like to hear it.  Yes, I want it to come out.  If Axl never releases it, I STILL won't think he's the biggest asshole on the planet.  Sometimes, I think we all need to put this album in a bit more perspective.  Worry about your family, worry about your house, worry about work...that shit is the stuff to spend your energy worrying about. That's productive shit to worry about.  Worrying about them might solve whatever "problem of the moment" is plaguing them.  Fuck the album.  It's not worth your time or energy, no matter how good it may be, to worry about.  Firstly, because (again, in perspective), as I said, it's just a fucking album.  Secondly, because no amount of worrying is going to get Axl to do anything but what he wants to do...not going to get the album released quicker (I think we can safely say that our ajada, over the past however many years, has accomplished jack squat...so we can assume it will continue to accomplish the same), not going to prompt the redheaded recluse to speak, and it's not going to pry any information from any source that's credible (which, really, is just Axl, again).

We come here to shoot the shit about GnR.  Speculate, talk, get excited together, share info, stories, make friends, etc...that's what we do. But coming here and getting "worked up" over the album...man...life is too god damn short for that shit.

Smiley

beer

This is the best post here, ever.
jimmythegent
Legend

« Reply #2089 on: July 30, 2005, 06:12:16 PM »

This 'not me, you started it first' 1st grader routine only serves to reinforce what I said.

That's correct. You nullified every single "childish" attack I made ... all ZERO of them ...? congratulations! But too bad you did nothing to refute my claim that "overproduction" is a fake smear word used to stigmatize good albums based on subjective criteria.

"This 'not me, you started it first' 1st grader routine " - I agree, now in future if you want to have grown up discussions with adults, bear this is in mind - it pays not to get personal, its very immature alright?? ok

'fraid not little buddy? Tongue
"refute my claim that "overproduction" is a fake smear word used to stigmatize good albums based on subjective criteria."? rofl rofl and this is the guy who prepostirously claimed my views were "pretentious"

give it up already, I have proven without a doubt that that "overproduction" can happen - you  have harked back to your despereate and frankly paranoid conspiracy theory.? hihi hihi

POPmetal
« Reply #2090 on: July 30, 2005, 06:42:04 PM »

And we're all very thankful that you've shared your opinion here. But you're forgetting three very important points.

1) No matter how much production goes into CD, it'll still be the greatest album of all time.

2) We all think that Axl is the biggest asshole in the universe for making us wait this long for CD.

and most importantly....

3) We'll forgive him and put him on the highest pedestal again, the instant it comes out.

Well, I don't think Axl is the biggest asshole in the universe...not because he "made us wait" (I must have missed the guns he's holding to all our heads), nor for any other reason.? I think he's a person.? And just like any person, he has flaws and merits....

Maybe it's because I don't feel Axl "owes" us an album...and I don't feel like I'm putting any effort into "waiting"...so I don't begrudge him the time it's taken for the creative process.? I'm certainly anticipating it's release, and will be excited when/if it IS released, but...I don't know...it's just not that big of a piece of my life to actually get ticked off about.? If he delivers, GREAT!? If not...ah well.? In the grand scheme of things...it's a fucking album!? It's not gonna change the world (well, unless it's from "The Wild Stallions!!"...party on dude), it's not gonna cure cancer, and it's sure as fuck not going to make my life (or any other posters life...unless Axl is posting...Axl, you there???....) appreciably better or worse depending on it's release.

Yes, I'd like to hear it.? Yes, I want it to come out.? If Axl never releases it, I STILL won't think he's the biggest asshole on the planet.? Sometimes, I think we all need to put this album in a bit more perspective.? Worry about your family, worry about your house, worry about work...that shit is the stuff to spend your energy worrying about. That's productive shit to worry about.? Worrying about them might solve whatever "problem of the moment" is plaguing them.? Fuck the album.? It's not worth your time or energy, no matter how good it may be, to worry about.? Firstly, because (again, in perspective), as I said, it's just a fucking album.? Secondly, because no amount of worrying is going to get Axl to do anything but what he wants to do...not going to get the album released quicker (I think we can safely say that our ajada, over the past however many years, has accomplished jack squat...so we can assume it will continue to accomplish the same), not going to prompt the redheaded recluse to speak, and it's not going to pry any information from any source that's credible (which, really, is just Axl, again).

We come here to shoot the shit about GnR.? Speculate, talk, get excited together, share info, stories, make friends, etc...that's what we do. But coming here and getting "worked up" over the album...man...life is too god damn short for that shit.

Smiley

beer

Yeah, great post indeed ok
deliverthecow
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #2091 on: August 01, 2005, 09:43:38 PM »

and most importantly....

Well, I don't think Axl is the biggest asshole in the universe...not because he "made us wait" (I must have missed the guns he's holding to all our heads), nor for any other reason.? I think he's a person.? And just like any person, he has flaws and merits....

Maybe it's because I don't feel Axl "owes" us an album...and I don't feel like I'm putting any effort into "waiting"...so I don't begrudge him the time it's taken for the creative process.? I'm certainly anticipating it's release, and will be excited when/if it IS released, but...I don't know...it's just not that big of a piece of my life to actually get ticked off about.? If he delivers, GREAT!? If not...ah well.? In the grand scheme of things...it's a fucking album!? It's not gonna change the world (well, unless it's from "The Wild Stallions!!"...party on dude), it's not gonna cure cancer, and it's sure as fuck not going to make my life (or any other posters life...unless Axl is posting...Axl, you there???....) appreciably better or worse depending on it's release.

Yes, I'd like to hear it.? Yes, I want it to come out.? If Axl never releases it, I STILL won't think he's the biggest asshole on the planet.? Sometimes, I think we all need to put this album in a bit more perspective.? Worry about your family, worry about your house, worry about work...that shit is the stuff to spend your energy worrying about. That's productive shit to worry about.? Worrying about them might solve whatever "problem of the moment" is plaguing them.? Fuck the album.? It's not worth your time or energy, no matter how good it may be, to worry about.? Firstly, because (again, in perspective), as I said, it's just a fucking album.? Secondly, because no amount of worrying is going to get Axl to do anything but what he wants to do...not going to get the album released quicker (I think we can safely say that our ajada, over the past however many years, has accomplished jack squat...so we can assume it will continue to accomplish the same), not going to prompt the redheaded recluse to speak, and it's not going to pry any information from any source that's credible (which, really, is just Axl, again).

We come here to shoot the shit about GnR.? Speculate, talk, get excited together, share info, stories, make friends, etc...that's what we do. But coming here and getting "worked up" over the album...man...life is too god damn short for that shit.

Smiley

beer

Agreed, great post. That is what it is all about in the end. We all argue about different things whether it be the albums release, comparing VR and GnR etc but in the end it is all about sharing stories, making friends etc. It gets hostile at times but we all must enjoy it because we all keep coming back. Again great post.
Leddy
Rocker

Asphinctersayswhat?

« Reply #2092 on: August 03, 2005, 05:00:48 PM »

and most importantly....

Smiley

beer

I like this post alot, it wouldn't do too many members any harm to read this again at the beginning of each month!
PeterCoffin
Rocker

don't wear floppy pants

« Reply #2093 on: August 05, 2005, 06:40:57 PM »

That is a good post. And it reflects my own view quite a bit. I don't know Axl and he is certainly not a public person, so I don't think I should call him an asshole. And it IS just an album. It's going to be a hell of an album, but in the end it won't affect my life much.

So cheers, dude.

Buddha_Master
Legend

Real men use fists!

« Reply #2094 on: August 09, 2005, 12:39:52 AM »

You won't find me talking this way very often. But let me tell you brothers, it does mean something. Yea, I agree that you have to take care of your business. But doing that doesn't represent just your kids, your career, and having a healthy love life.

Taking care of your business represents having a positive, fulfilling, and healthy quality of life.

I know where Pilferk is coming from in his sentiments though. But one of the most important things for us to know is, is that without balance, you will fucking die. The death of your true self.

It comes down to love and recreation. Recreational Therapy is among the best tools to help the developmentally disabled, seniors and children alike. Its the understanding of the true nature of play, and bring out the knowldege of our happy place, and exploiting it.

Music, Games, Sex, Drugs, hikes, adventures, bonding...these are all what offer us the therapy we, especially in this day of the machines and stress, we so fucking need.

Axl's next for many will be the ultimate high. Recreation in its purest meaning is to re- create ourself. Don't underestimate the power of music, and its healing properties. Its release will be Therapeutic, and will save fat cash that would be lost on shrinks.

I DON'T NEED TO BELIEVE IN A GOD
oneway23
VIP

I've asphyxiated waiting...

« Reply #2095 on: August 11, 2005, 02:50:44 AM »

well said buddha...some prefer jesus or brahman, etc, i happen to find music equally as spiritually fulfilling
nyd
« Reply #2096 on: August 13, 2005, 11:00:57 PM »

I just want to say congratulations for have a 106 page thread on an album of which we know virtually nothing  beer Haha! Obviously cant be arsed reading any of it as it would take me all day  hihi
kaasupoltin
Also a "mercenary" football fan!
Legend

Chinese Democracy out 2014!

« Reply #2097 on: August 16, 2005, 01:05:03 PM »

Maybe this topic will be printed for Chinese Democracy's booklet  ok

BEEP.
Helsinki 07.05.2006 - Helsinki 07.06.2006 - Helsinki 06.05.2010 - H?meenlinna 07.01.2017
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #2098 on: August 16, 2005, 05:18:12 PM »

Funny you should mention that, because I've always thought HTGTH would get some mention in the booklet. Maybe just giving a general thanks to the site, or maybe even singling out certain members here. Maybe a thanks to a few he likes and saying fuck off to a few he hates.

Rob
Legend

The dude abides.

« Reply #2099 on: August 16, 2005, 05:26:25 PM »

I'm sure I'd be one of the latter.  I've had fantasies of Axl onstage with the new band holding a big sign that said "Fuck you Rob from HTGTH!"  That would be badass.

Yowza!!!!!!!!!
Pages: 1 ... 103 104 [105] 106 107 ... 374 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: