Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 24, 2024, 07:24:38 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228504 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  The CD release date rumor / speculation thread
Pages: 1 ... 98 99 [100] 101 102 ... 374 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The CD release date rumor / speculation thread  (Read 643437 times)
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #1980 on: July 18, 2005, 06:23:57 AM »

well.. we havent heard anything from GNR or the Managment since. only the IRS thing made them talk a little. So could this be the silence before the storm? I dont know, but for many reasons it seams like there is something happening now.And with Fortus saying that he belive they will do some shows before the end of the year. Something must happend!

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
Saul
My custom title starts now
Legend

I was the killer.

« Reply #1981 on: July 18, 2005, 10:31:09 AM »

well.. we havent heard anything from GNR or the Managment since. only the IRS thing made them talk a little. So could this be the silence before the storm? I dont know, but for many reasons it seams like there is something happening now.And with Fortus saying that he belive they will do some shows before the end of the year. Something must happend!

Theres a new Praxis album coming our in september. I dunno if Brain and Co. will be touring behind it or not?

god of thunder
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #1982 on: July 18, 2005, 11:27:30 AM »

Dunno if anyone already noticed but MTV Germany is also jumping on the train for a November release, even they commit that it is just internet sources:
http://www.mtv.de/news/news.php?id=19063

gnronline.com
also speaks of a november 2005 release (google)

I guess that everybody is reffering to pauseandplay though; so maybe we just have to wait and see!
Thanks to everybody on the forum to keep the waiting time entertaining Wink
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #1983 on: July 18, 2005, 12:15:38 PM »

there are alot of "sites" pointing to a November release, but that doesent mather if all the page got the same rumour source. But maybe it will be out in November, who knows! Lets just hope that!

Nytunz.blogspot.com

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
BaDoBsEsSiOn418
Rocker

Yowza!

« Reply #1984 on: July 18, 2005, 02:49:47 PM »

i just wish we would hear something official about this rumor.  if it's real or not, just let us know!  but as always, assumption is the trademark of GN'R.

Why's everybody so obsessed with the album?  Can't you just be happy that Axl gets to hang out with rich fashion designers? -MotherGooseLuvR
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #1985 on: July 18, 2005, 04:46:01 PM »

I agree. Would it kill Interscope or Sanctuary to confirm or deny the rumor? Does Axl now own Interscope and Sanctuary? LOL!!

sic.
id est
VIP

i wrote don't cry

« Reply #1986 on: July 18, 2005, 09:22:45 PM »

i just wish we would hear something official about this rumor.  if it's real or not, just let us know!  but as always, assumption is the trademark of GN'R.

In the past, management's take on the release dates has proven to be deny, deny, deny.

I'm betting that if asked now, they'd label it untrue - even if Axl would announce the very same date tomorrow.

There's no logic here today / Do as you got to, go your own way / I said that's right / Time's short your life's your own / And in the end / We are just...
dustNroses
« Reply #1987 on: July 19, 2005, 06:55:54 AM »

It will be out this year. ok
purplehaze1988
Rocker

nur ihr konnt holland stoppen

« Reply #1988 on: July 19, 2005, 01:08:21 PM »

I haven't been a life time GN'R fan (only really the last year or so), but I'd be surprised if it doesn't come out within the next 18 months.

I've worked too hard for my illusions just to throw them all away.
Mikkamakka
Daddy Cool
Banned
Legend

Half man, half beast

« Reply #1989 on: July 19, 2005, 01:44:34 PM »

I haven't been a life time GN'R fan (only really the last year or so), but I'd be surprised if it doesn't come out within the next 18 months.

Newbie  Grin

'Once there was this Rock 'N' Roll band
Rollin' on the streets
Time went by and it became a joke'
Rob
Legend

The dude abides.

« Reply #1990 on: July 19, 2005, 02:35:50 PM »

I agree. Would it kill Interscope or Sanctuary to confirm or deny the rumor? Does Axl now own Interscope and Sanctuary? LOL!!

They could be fearful that if they announce the release before Axl wants them to he'd just delay the album some more.

Yowza!!!!!!!!!
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #1991 on: July 19, 2005, 03:07:21 PM »

They could be fearful that if they announce the release before Axl wants them to he'd just delay the album some more.

Thats damn right!

Nytunz.blogspot.com

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #1992 on: July 19, 2005, 08:34:35 PM »

Rob, you make a good point. They dont want to piss Axl off. Remember in 1991 when Geffen announced May 16th (or 18th) as the Illusions release date? As we all know, it didn't come out until September.

chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #1993 on: July 20, 2005, 10:18:12 AM »

Rob, you make a good point. They dont want to piss Axl off. Remember in 1991 when Geffen announced May 16th (or 18th) as the Illusions release date? As we all know, it didn't come out until September.

Mainly because it wasn't done  Wink
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #1994 on: July 20, 2005, 11:06:33 AM »

Mainly because it wasn't done? Wink

what is a couple of months for us GNR fans, this time we have waited a couple of years  x5

Nytunz.blogspot.com

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
Thorazine Shuffle
East coast struttin
Legend

God hates a coward sonny.

« Reply #1995 on: July 20, 2005, 12:27:27 PM »

Well, today is the 20th of July.  I think it's safe to assume that if we don't hear anything within the next 60 days from the GNR camp, we probably won't get CD this year.

purplehaze1988
Rocker

nur ihr konnt holland stoppen

« Reply #1996 on: July 20, 2005, 12:47:58 PM »

Newbie? Grin

Hey it ain't my fault!

I was deprived of musi until I was 11, and then we got Sky and I saw GN'R stuff on MTV2 and I was like "Hmm not bad", but I never bought an album of theirs until the Greatest Hits came out. Oh wait I guess you could say it is my fault...

I've worked too hard for my illusions just to throw them all away.
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #1997 on: July 20, 2005, 06:04:17 PM »

Thorazine, you got that right. I would even take it a step further and say 30 days. A video needs to be recorded, and you want a single/video out long before the actual album comes out. Even though GNR is a well known name, they need to build some interest with this new generation. Something that gets massive radio and tv play a few months before CD is released. Wasn't 'You Could Be Mine' released about 3 months before UYI?

Thorazine Shuffle
East coast struttin
Legend

God hates a coward sonny.

« Reply #1998 on: July 20, 2005, 06:20:47 PM »

Thorazine, you got that right. I would even take it a step further and say 30 days. A video needs to be recorded, and you want a single/video out long before the actual album comes out. Even though GNR is a well known name, they need to build some interest with this new generation. Something that gets massive radio and tv play a few months before CD is released. Wasn't 'You Could Be Mine' released about 3 months before UYI?

Good point about the video.  Usually, I've read that a video takes around a week to film.  Of course that does not include editing, writing, and so forth.  And giving Axls love of videos, it could take longer.  My hope is that he has everything planned out and maybe they'll get a video done around October or something.  It's possible, but not probable.  Another situation where I hope I'm wrong.

McGann
Haiku writing motherfucker
VIP

My hat is HEAVY-DUTY tinfoil

« Reply #1999 on: July 20, 2005, 09:26:59 PM »

"Don't Cry" was the first
Official single released
Back in '91.

"YCBM" was
Officially from T2,
Not from UYI.

"Don't Cry" was released
Only about 30 days
From album street date.

Splash

/Mike

"When fascism came to America, it was called 'Political Correctness' and waved a culturally relative flag."
-Mike McGann
Pages: 1 ... 98 99 [100] 101 102 ... 374 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: