Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 24, 2024, 07:18:20 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228504 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  The CD release date rumor / speculation thread
Pages: 1 ... 97 98 [99] 100 101 ... 374 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The CD release date rumor / speculation thread  (Read 643414 times)
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #1960 on: July 13, 2005, 11:23:27 PM »

I'm hoping this album isn't even called Chinese Democracy; maybe a surprise two album drop like UYI.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
Saul
My custom title starts now
Legend

I was the killer.

« Reply #1961 on: July 14, 2005, 12:14:22 AM »

I'm hoping this album isn't even called Chinese Democracy; maybe a surprise two album drop like UYI.

UYI's PT's 3 and 4 baby!  hihi

Tongue

jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #1962 on: July 14, 2005, 12:44:30 AM »

I seriously doubt that we'll see a 2 album release. It isn't logical. In 1991, GNR was so huge Geffen allowed them to do it, plus it had never been done before. Axl hasn't been around for a LONG time, and 2 albums is a high risk move, and Interscope isn't going to do it. Its possible that a 2nd release could come when CD has wore itself out. I just want one album of his best material. Fuck the second album.

Pandora
Collector extraordinaire
Legend

« Reply #1963 on: July 14, 2005, 04:32:50 AM »

Pandora, that bicycle cover that is plastered all over the net is a fake? Damn! I know that there is certain variations of the bike pic that are fake, but I thought that specific one was the real deal.

I'm not sure which one you're talking about, but one that has circulated a lot was made a few years ago by Will (one of the mods here). He used Photoshop.

Got my attitude and my shiny shoes.....
Mikkamakka
Daddy Cool
Banned
Legend

Half man, half beast

« Reply #1964 on: July 14, 2005, 08:12:56 AM »

Since they even changed (or will change...) the tracklist of the album, I think we shouldn't care about some 3+years-old half-legit covers.

'Once there was this Rock 'N' Roll band
Rollin' on the streets
Time went by and it became a joke'
PeterCoffin
Rocker

don't wear floppy pants

« Reply #1965 on: July 15, 2005, 05:51:42 PM »

I'll tell you why so many radio stations said it. Blabbermouth reported it and the news prep agencies took the blabbermouth story and distributed it into the morning prep that all the stations that you heard the date on subscribe to. My station is one of them.

I don't know if we ever got a retraction story, either.

Eva GnRAxlRosette
Legend

« Reply #1966 on: July 16, 2005, 01:23:13 PM »

Our local rock radio station has also proclaimed that CD is to be released on Nov 29...  "93.1 South Florida's Pure Rock"

i figured its just the same as all these other stations...   (baseless / based on the rumour mill)
but it was cool to hear "Guns N Roses long awaited album Chinese Democracy....  "  drool

Luigi
VIP

You Never Know

« Reply #1967 on: July 16, 2005, 07:38:29 PM »

i heard the same here in LA on KLOS

A Lesson Learned is Life at its Best
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #1968 on: July 16, 2005, 07:47:48 PM »

Yeah, this is spreading like wildfire. If its bullshit, then why hasn't Geffen/Interscope issued a statement saying the rumor is false? Are they testing the waters to see what the reaction is before confirming or denying the story?

Rob
Legend

The dude abides.

« Reply #1969 on: July 17, 2005, 02:20:18 AM »

Damn you guys.  I told myself I wasn't gonna get excited by this November 29th business, but you all had to go ahead and make me believe.  I actually have my friggin' hopes up now.  If this date turns out to be fake that's it.  It'll be the last time I get my hopes up until I'm actually on line at Best Buy to purchase the damn thing.

Yowza!!!!!!!!!
crthiel
Headliner

Hello Time bomb

« Reply #1970 on: July 17, 2005, 11:11:24 AM »

If Geffen doesn't hurry up and debunk this "rumor" then its just going to make GnR look even worse. Surely they've gotta know that rock radio stations all around the country are saying "According to Geffen records...."
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #1971 on: July 17, 2005, 11:16:09 AM »

what will happen first: a release date or this thread reaching 200 pages?

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
Jonx
VIP

Mad At Nascar

« Reply #1972 on: July 17, 2005, 01:00:54 PM »

I seriously doubt that we'll see a 2 album release. It isn't logical. In 1991, GNR was so huge Geffen allowed them to do it, plus it had never been done before. Axl hasn't been around for a LONG time, and 2 albums is a high risk move, and Interscope isn't going to do it. Its possible that a 2nd release could come when CD has wore itself out. I just want one album of his best material. Fuck the second album.

Agreed, CD should just be a single CD of A-Listed songs, give it time to settle down and create a new fan base and strong enough following, then release a second CD. As for UYI & II the main reason Geffen allowed a double album release was GnR were by far their biggest artist and there were huge concerns amoung the powers that be that the band would suffer a catastrophie from which it would be unable to recover..... they wanted the band to record as much material as possible before someone died from the excessive lifestyles they were all living!

Then again Axl may just want to throw all his material out there at once. I think the record company would allow it, what Axl wants Axl gets!

Jonx
blues rocker
Banned
Rocker

ANGUS YOUNG - AC/DC

« Reply #1973 on: July 17, 2005, 02:16:36 PM »

it's not coming out...accept it
erose
Legend

Live ?!'@ Like A Suicide

« Reply #1974 on: July 17, 2005, 03:33:41 PM »

it's not coming out...accept it

ahhh, good to know smartass... ok

victory or death

even if it costs ?9.50
Thorazine Shuffle
East coast struttin
Legend

God hates a coward sonny.

« Reply #1975 on: July 17, 2005, 03:42:43 PM »

Damn you guys.? I told myself I wasn't gonna get excited by this November 29th business, but you all had to go ahead and make me believe.? I actually have my friggin' hopes up now.? If this date turns out to be fake that's it.? It'll be the last time I get my hopes up until I'm actually on line at Best Buy to purchase the damn thing.

Don't get excited.  We've had this pattern of Feburary, July and November release dates for about 7 or 8 years.  This year is no different.  Unfortunatley, Axl for the most part doesn't start these rumors.  It's the web sites that do it. 

ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #1976 on: July 17, 2005, 04:07:07 PM »

blues, if you accepted so, you wouldn't still be coming here, wouldya? hihi

If Geffen doesn't hurry up and debunk this "rumor" then its just going to make GnR look even worse. Surely they've gotta know that rock radio stations all around the country are saying "According to Geffen records...."

I wonder Why Geffen or the other company hasn't done anything yet.
Since they're saying "According to Geffen..." they should blame it on geffen in that case.
Jonx
VIP

Mad At Nascar

« Reply #1977 on: July 17, 2005, 04:36:21 PM »

According to the current rumours no one actually knows which label the new album will come out on. The music buisness Axl left in 1994 is not the same as the buisness that exists today. Geffen is no longer its own company, it is owned by Interscope who is owned by Universal who own about a dozen other record labels that all come together under the Universal Music Group. I think Universal are going to be dealing with CD, they wont leave it up to one of their smaller labels.

Jonx
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1978 on: July 17, 2005, 05:24:29 PM »

According to the current rumours no one actually knows which label the new album will come out on. The music buisness Axl left in 1994 is not the same as the buisness that exists today. Geffen is no longer its own company, it is owned by Interscope who is owned by Universal who own about a dozen other record labels that all come together under the Universal Music Group. I think Universal are going to be dealing with CD, they wont leave it up to one of their smaller labels.

Jonx

Axl Rose Signs To Sanctuary Publishing
26 January 2005
Sanctuary Music Group has signed Axl Rose to a publishing deal. Until recently, Warner Chappell published the Guns N' Roses frontman's works.

The deal covers both future material and catalogue. Rose's contribution to such hits as "Sweet Child O' Mine," "Paradise City" and "November Rain" are covered under the deal, as are dozens of new tracks Rose has recently recorded for Universal Music.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
jimmythegent
Legend

Live!! From Burning Hills, Wellington...

« Reply #1979 on: July 18, 2005, 01:10:22 AM »

Axl Rose Signs To Sanctuary Publishing
26 January 2005
Sanctuary Music Group has signed Axl Rose to a publishing deal. Until recently, Warner Chappell published the Guns N' Roses frontman's works.

The deal covers both future material and catalogue. Rose's contribution to such hits as "Sweet Child O' Mine," "Paradise City" and "November Rain" are covered under the deal, as are dozens of new tracks Rose has recently recorded for Universal Music.

/jarmo

this to me, is the most exciting reason to believe the album has been handed over and is in the final stages (cover art etc..)
couple this with Mercks 2005 statement, and surely we can assume CD is coming this year??

"Dive in and find the monkey!"
Pages: 1 ... 97 98 [99] 100 101 ... 374 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: