Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 24, 2024, 03:28:31 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228502 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  The CD release date rumor / speculation thread
Pages: 1 ... 94 95 [96] 97 98 ... 374 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The CD release date rumor / speculation thread  (Read 643333 times)
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #1900 on: July 09, 2005, 01:04:26 PM »

most of these people get these dates from the internet. We will definately know for sure when an announcement comes. We will get a nice press release from Axl and gnr. Maybe Axl will use the word skippy again too

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
August 18th
Banned
Rocker

Here Today... Gone Tomorrow

« Reply #1901 on: July 09, 2005, 01:05:38 PM »

I just figred I would pass the information I heard along.? I was at a computer when the DJ said it so I though I should post it word for word.? I logged into the message board and did just that.? I'm not trying to start a rumor or anything.? Just mentioning what I heard on satellite radio.? Not many have satellite radio so I thought I'd do it.

the reason why i react to it is this excact date has been mentioned on the radio a few days ago. but it's probably just another rumour spreading like fire through dry grass.

"funny how everything was roses when he held on to the guns"

"sometimes we get so tired of waiting for a way to spend our time"
Saul
My custom title starts now
Legend

I was the killer.

« Reply #1902 on: July 09, 2005, 01:53:12 PM »

I just figred I would pass the information I heard along.  I was at a computer when the DJ said it so I though I should post it word for word.  I logged into the message board and did just that.  I'm not trying to start a rumor or anything.  Just mentioning what I heard on satellite radio.  Not many have satellite radio so I thought I'd do it.

No need to apoligize bro. You did what any one of us would have done. Hell , most of post stuff like when axl is mentioned on metal sludge or in some bands liner notes.

Anyways , thanks for passing on what you heard to the rest of us.  ok

blasphemer
Banned
Rocker

Are You A Dead MonkeY?

« Reply #1903 on: July 09, 2005, 03:39:13 PM »

The fuking problem is that if u do a NEWS search on google for guns n roses.  It will say geffen has annoucned a released date for Nov.29 and its coming from the same source it did 9 days ago and theres nothing there to clear it up as a rumor.

Kayne West qoute "George Bush dont like black people".  Kayne West is like the resurrection of Jesus Christ. Shes a gold digger says it all.  His mind, his ideas, his art, is nothing short of genius.
Hoosier
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #1904 on: July 09, 2005, 03:53:13 PM »

I was just listening to Sirius Satellite Radio and the DJ on Channel 19:? Buzzsaw said after GNR's My Michelle "for those who believe in the tooth ferry, Guns and Roses new CD is due out November 29th."

Hmm....?

dude this was obiously a joke you didnt get. do you beleive in the tooth fairy? if so, then you must also beleive this release date is fact

ever been in an earthquake motherfucker?!?!
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #1905 on: July 09, 2005, 04:23:21 PM »

I was just listening to Sirius Satellite Radio and the DJ on Channel 19:  Buzzsaw said after GNR's My Michelle "for those who believe in the tooth ferry, Guns and Roses new CD is due out November 29th."

Hmm.... 

dude this was obiously a joke you didnt get. do you beleive in the tooth fairy? if so, then you must also beleive this release date is fact

Tell me another! The tooth fairly n ferry are real unlike the release date.
Do you wanna see my teeth?  Grin

Oh prucc tah! mate.  hihi
Eva GnRAxlRosette
Legend

« Reply #1906 on: July 09, 2005, 04:48:15 PM »

I was listening to BuzzSaw on Sirius Satellite Radio on my way home from work and the DJ also gave November 29 as the release date. He said the date came from Geffen Records. He also joked about how Izzy is about to release his sixth solo album and Axl's only just getting around to releasing one. Crossing my fingers............

well, seems the rumour mill is grinding..!

First, I don't post much on here, but I am not a rumor spreader and I'm diehard GnR fan. The first time I saw them was at Alpine Valley in Wisconsin and involved a 14 hour roadtrip. Second, I actually heard this first person from someone who works for Sanctuary Records (not from a friend of a friend...) Axl has told the company that he is done with the cd and wants to release it in the fall. The reason it is just a "rumor" is that Axl has told them this before and then changes his mind. Right now Axl says it will come out in the fall, but who knows if he will stick with that decision. Huh

hey i totally believe... that Axl wants to release CD as soon as it's ready. Wink
i been believing this for a long time - with our without the rumours... I believe  ok
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #1907 on: July 09, 2005, 04:49:52 PM »

If this was any previous year, this rumor could easily be blown away as bullshit. Plus, in past years, it was always various dates mentioned. This time all months have been passed and only November/December are mentioned, and a specific date is being thrown around. When we first heard Nov.29th, we discounted it immediately. But the date is being used by too many people for their not to be somethng happening. If true, it can be traced back to that one rumor from several months ago: Axl handing in 14-15 tracks to the record company. Everyone ignored this. I actually kind of believed it because no one jumped on it and killed it. But it never got mentioned again and we just swept it under the rug. If true, shouldnt we get an official announcement in 4 to 6 weeks?

killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #1908 on: July 09, 2005, 07:01:14 PM »

When there is movement in the GnR world, trust me, we will all hear about it. It will be as if the earth itself were quaking.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
Eva GnRAxlRosette
Legend

« Reply #1909 on: July 10, 2005, 03:33:30 PM »

the date is being used by too many people for their not to be somethng happening.

i understand how it could be looked at that way....  but it could just be a case of the rumour being repeated/ passed on...

When there is movement in the GnR world, trust me, we will all hear about it. It will be as if the earth itself were quaking.

although i agree that the official announcenet will be quite the earth quaking event...
i do believe that there is movement in the GN'R world that is undetected / beneath the surface...
to use your earth quake anaology...  although not detected ahead of time - isn't there is movement (literally) deep below the surface before the quake is evident?  Wink

Pingouirose
Rocker

Here I Am !

« Reply #1910 on: July 10, 2005, 03:52:41 PM »

Where's Super Mysteron  Grin
Humm.. Street teams are waiting  Embarrassed
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #1911 on: July 10, 2005, 07:43:11 PM »

The silence of Mysteron is one of the reasons I think something might really happen this time. Doesnt he usually come and disprove these types of rumors? God, I hope its real this time. The wait is truly driving people insane. There is definitely a sinister mood on this forum. And dont blame me. Its happening in threads I dont even post in. Maybe Axl can see his fanbase crumbling and he realizes now is the time to cash in.

Scabbie
Legend

Time is relative

« Reply #1912 on: July 11, 2005, 07:32:09 AM »

The silence of Mysteron is one of the reasons I think something might really happen this time. Doesnt he usually come and disprove these types of rumors? God, I hope its real this time. The wait is truly driving people insane. There is definitely a sinister mood on this forum. And dont blame me. Its happening in threads I dont even post in. Maybe Axl can see his fanbase crumbling and he realizes now is the time to cash in.

I agree the absence of Mysteron is a little strange.

I'm not sure whether its that serious, but I think for some people this is a last hope (I'll probably keep on waiting until this site shuts down, visiting les frequently). Last November came and went, people were dissapointed but then Tommy started talking about February / April. No such dates past christmas this year have been mentioned although I hear people already start to speculate a release prior to RIR6.

If nothing happens this year I believe Axl or Sanctuary will feel pressured into letting the fanbase know their intentions for GNR. The court case in Nov may throw Axl back into the limelight and undoubtedly questions will be asked. I think Axl should use it to his advantage, free press for the album, and some healthy competition with his ex-bandmates.

Here today...ready to rock
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #1913 on: July 11, 2005, 07:50:36 AM »

There was a rumor about this date a week or so ago and, in that thread, I said I'd ask a friend of mine who works in PR and Marketingfor a medium sized record chain whether she had heard anything.? The thread got locked before she responded, so I didn't ever post the response.? Given the rumor has cropped up again....here's the gist of what she said:

They've heard NOTHING from the label on CD. Not a peep, not a rumor, not a whisper, not a heads up....nothing.? There are internal rumors (meaning, at her company) talking about the same date (or the Tuesday before that, the 22nd)? but the source of that date seems to be exactly the same sorts of places we're hearing it from (radio stations, the net, etc).? In addition, she's heard the same sorts of rumors (as have we all) EVERY year about a release date just before or just after Black Friday.

In other words:? Don't everyone get your hopes up, or start putting pins in your calender to mark the date because, at this point, the date is just a rumor....as, of course, this thread dictates it would be.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2005, 07:52:17 AM by pilferk » Logged

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
axlsfriend
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #1914 on: July 11, 2005, 07:53:05 PM »

i was lisening to civil war on either octane or hair nation and the dj said after the song something like " the album that axl and his revolving lineup that he calls gnr have been working on for 10 years is promised to be release october 29.  I know all of you people are going to jump down my throat about it but that is all i heard who knows what to make of it? oh and before you ask it was over the weekend for those who are gonna call the dj and in the afternoon.  and also i am not a newbie i have been on this site for like 5 years and i almost never post b/c last time i posted people jumped all over me for some shit i heard and repeated word for word on the site. 
Saul
My custom title starts now
Legend

I was the killer.

« Reply #1915 on: July 11, 2005, 08:01:28 PM »

OMG! OMG! OMG! Chinese Democracy starts .... NOW!!!

Oh , wait .. maybe not.  Tongue

jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #1916 on: July 11, 2005, 08:21:33 PM »

So the release date has been pushed up a month?? Yipppeee!! LMAO!! But this would be extremely cool if its true. I always thought a release date around Halloween would be the perfect time for CD.

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #1917 on: July 11, 2005, 08:22:00 PM »

29th is a Saturday, I dont think so

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Walapino
VIP

Double Talkin Jive Motherfucker!

« Reply #1918 on: July 11, 2005, 08:31:30 PM »

maybe he confused and said october 29 instead of november 29... oh well who cares anyway its not coming this year.  Kiss
jimmythegent
Legend

Live!! From Burning Hills, Wellington...

« Reply #1919 on: July 11, 2005, 08:44:41 PM »

maybe he confused and said october 29 instead of november 29... oh well who cares anyway its not coming this year.? Kiss

you know this how?

Im pretty certain it is coming this year

"Dive in and find the monkey!"
Pages: 1 ... 94 95 [96] 97 98 ... 374 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: