Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 24, 2024, 01:15:36 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228502 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  The CD release date rumor / speculation thread
Pages: 1 ... 92 93 [94] 95 96 ... 374 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The CD release date rumor / speculation thread  (Read 643235 times)
hyperionmax2003
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #1860 on: July 05, 2005, 07:18:17 PM »

I really wish radio dj's wouldnt comment on release dates until they have word forma company

I agree.  I listen to K-Rock all the time too, and the dj's act like they know everything about GNR.  Hell, the other day (I think it was Bob O'Reily), played the supposed greatest GNR song ever- "Civil War".  When CD finally comes out, I think I'm gonna have to volunteer to help out  my local radio station.    smoking
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #1861 on: July 05, 2005, 09:27:37 PM »

Interesting that they picked 'Civil War' as the best GNR song. It truly is a powerful song, and I never liked the circumstances surrounding its release. Sure, it was to benefit Romanian orphans, but we were going to war at the time, and I always thought they should've released it as single/video at the time. The song would've had a much bigger impact if they had done so.

gunsnfnroses
Headliner

You're fucking crazy!

« Reply #1862 on: July 07, 2005, 02:29:18 AM »

Just got an email from a friend in Los Angeles tonight saying that at sometime around noon (pacific standard time) when Star 98.7 fm played Paradise City during their 80s lunch hour, they said that Geffen has set a release date for Chinese Democracy for November 29, 2005. Anyone else in CA hear this?

I'm a well-wisher, as in I don't wish you any specific harm
August 18th
Banned
Rocker

Here Today... Gone Tomorrow

« Reply #1863 on: July 07, 2005, 02:31:15 AM »

hmmm... i usually don't trust rumors but this is interesting. very interesting.

"funny how everything was roses when he held on to the guns"

"sometimes we get so tired of waiting for a way to spend our time"
gunsnfnroses
Headliner

You're fucking crazy!

« Reply #1864 on: July 07, 2005, 02:32:23 AM »

Just waiting to find out if anyone else heard it. For all I know my friend heard the radio wrong.

jimmythegent
Legend

Live!! From Burning Hills, Wellington...

« Reply #1865 on: July 07, 2005, 02:37:07 AM »

Just waiting to find out if anyone else heard it. For all I know my friend heard the radio wrong.

any chance they've used the bogus source that was stating this last week? or is this too much of a coincidence?

"Dive in and find the monkey!"
gunsnfnroses
Headliner

You're fucking crazy!

« Reply #1866 on: July 07, 2005, 02:40:10 AM »

any chance they've used the bogus source that was stating this last week? or is this too much of a coincidence?

Possible. Is it the exact date as last week's bogus rumor? The radio station has nothing about this under its music news either.

Cocaine__tongue
Axl's lawyer wannabe
Rocker

HAPPY HAPPY

« Reply #1867 on: July 07, 2005, 02:41:38 AM »

Nothing is listed at geffen.com, so I guess no release date has NOT been announced.

Madrid '93
Madrid '06
Bilbao '06
San Sebastian '10
London 17
Download Madrid 18
Rob
Legend

The dude abides.

« Reply #1868 on: July 07, 2005, 02:41:50 AM »

Am I the only one who doesn't think we should start a new thread every time we get a new bogus release date?

Yowza!!!!!!!!!
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #1869 on: July 07, 2005, 02:43:13 AM »

This is definitely getting interesting. The last Nov.29th rumor was supposedly confirmed as bullshit, but this date is being used too often for there not to be something brewing. I just wish an official announcement would come instead of constant speculation. But DJ's aren't as reliable as they used to be. They could have picked up on this rumor without knowing it was bullshit. But who knows. A few months ago, a DJ in my area said a new GNR single was coming by the end of summer. I didnt mention it here at the time because I knew I would just get flamed for it. Well, we're into summer, and no sign of a single yet, but there's still a chance. Let's hope he's right.

jimmythegent
Legend

Live!! From Burning Hills, Wellington...

« Reply #1870 on: July 07, 2005, 02:43:50 AM »

Possible. Is it the exact date as last week's bogus rumor? The radio station has nothing about this under its music news either.

pretty sure its the same date

"Dive in and find the monkey!"
gunsnfnroses
Headliner

You're fucking crazy!

« Reply #1871 on: July 07, 2005, 02:50:10 AM »

Am I the only one who doesn't think we should start a new thread every time we get a new bogus release date?

Probably not. But as of now I'm the only one wanting you to stop posting on this thread!

August 18th
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #1872 on: July 07, 2005, 02:52:07 AM »

This is definitely getting interesting. The last Nov.29th rumor was supposedly confirmed as bullshit, but this date is being used too often for there not to be something brewing. I just wish an official announcement would come instead of constant speculation. But DJ's aren't as reliable as they used to be. They could have picked up on this rumor without knowing it was bullshit. But who knows. A few months ago, a DJ in my area said a new GNR single was coming by the end of summer. I didnt mention it here at the time because I knew I would just get flamed for it. Well, we're into summer, and no sign of a single yet, but there's still a chance. Let's hope he's right.

i agree that this date is being used often, i remember it from before as well. strange. but we'll just have to wait and see, i'm not buying into anything just yet.

jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #1873 on: July 07, 2005, 02:58:44 AM »

The only thing that gives these November/December rumors credibility is the fact that all previous months were ignored in regards to CD release dates. Not ONE summer release rumor! Highly unusual. I think this is the first year in this long wait that rumours went from February rumor to a November rumor, bypassing all months in between. If November is true, and the rumor keeps floating around all over the place, an official announcement should be imminent.

August 18th
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #1874 on: July 07, 2005, 03:00:08 AM »

i'm just glad to be sticking by axl through this whole process, seeing as we're part of something amazing to come here and alot of people will come rushing to it. this little community we have here is only for a limited ammount of time, and it's really a part of music history being written. makes me proud that i chose to stick with axl through all these years. Cool

jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #1875 on: July 07, 2005, 03:10:54 AM »

August, we're all "sticking by Axl". Just because some of us criticize his decision making, doesn't mean we dont care about him. Hell, almost every day of the week I'm wearing one of my Axl tshirts. I've gotten into fistfights defending the guys name. And if tomorrow someone walks by me and looks at my shirt and yells: 'Axl's a faggott"!, well, the fight's on!! I will always respect Axl for the music he helped create. It got me through many rough times in my life, and I will never, EVER forget that.

August 18th
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #1876 on: July 07, 2005, 03:19:41 AM »

you have to learn something, seriously. i know you're a fan, despite your negativity, so in most cases i'm NOT TALKING ABOUT OR CRITISIZING YOU! i just want you to understand that. all i had in mind with that post was that i'm proud of being a longtime believer and fan, not in any way was i putting down other fans for not believing as much as i do. chill out and don't be so defensive and we'll get along just fine, you make alot of good points, even though we may not always agree on them. i respect you as one of the better posters on this board.

Eva GnRAxlRosette
Legend

« Reply #1877 on: July 07, 2005, 03:25:08 AM »

The only thing that gives these November/December rumors credibility is the fact that all previous months were ignored in regards to CD release dates. Not ONE summer release rumor! Highly unusual. I think this is the first year in this long wait that rumours went from February rumor to a November rumor, bypassing all months in between. If November is true, and the rumor keeps floating around all over the place, an official announcement should be imminent.

now thats what i call finding the sliver lining! ? ok
(and somehow i feel the need to clarify that I'm NOT being sarcastic)

i've always put off anticipation for the album in six months intervals myself...
i don't get dissapointed when it doesn't happen though... because i just don't get excited about rumours anymore...
i won't get excited by any thing short of an official announcement with a date.

anyway, i'm glad there wasn't any big rumours going around regarding a summer release - because it does get some fans frustrated when it turns out to be false - and that is not something we really need to feed in the GN'R community. ?

but hey... if anyone wants to get excited about this november rumour... ?there'd be no sense in raining on their excitement
 beer Chinese Democracy is coming... ? ?beer ? woo. ?hoo. ? *tosses confetti* ? Tongue

if its gonna be released in November we should hear something by August September October... eh, who knows?!
it could actually be announced very shortly beforehand. ?nervous

to be completely honest - I'll be happy/satisfied with just hearing something official before the year is out. ?Lips Sealed

and oh... when the S/D court shit is over with.. hell yeah... that is what i'm looking forward to ?peace

and another thing... ?(hey its past 3am here! ?Tongue)...

November 22nd would be better because then it would be on the shelf for the biggest retail shopping day of the year - the day after thanksgiving. ?Wink

and oh ANOTHER THING...

To me 'sticking by Axl' is believing in what is yet to be seen... having faith in him. ?Even when we don't understand what is going on... don't understand or know his decisions... ?just to believe in our gut that he will suceed. ?

Give 'em hell Axl!

Guns! N'! Ro-ses!

man i can't wait to see them live again!

« Last Edit: July 07, 2005, 03:27:12 AM by Eva GnRAxlRosette » Logged
August 18th
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #1878 on: July 07, 2005, 03:32:26 AM »

now thats what i call finding the sliver lining! ? ok
(and somehow i feel the need to clarify that I'm NOT being sarcastic)

i've always put off anticipation for the album in six months intervals myself...
i don't get dissapointed when it doesn't happen though... because i just don't get excited about rumours anymore...
i won't get excited by any thing short of an official announcement with a date.

anyway, i'm glad there wasn't any big rumours going around regarding a summer release - because it does get some fans frustrated when it turns out to be false - and that is not something we really need to feed in the GN'R community. ?

but hey... if anyone wants to get excited about this november rumour... ?there'd be no sense in raining on their excitement
 beer Chinese Democracy is coming... ? ?beer ? woo. ?hoo. ? *tosses confetti* ? Tongue

if its gonna be released in November we should hear something by August September October... eh, who knows?!
it could actually be announced very shortly beforehand. ?nervous

to be completely honest - I'll be happy/satisfied with just hearing something official before the year is out. ?Lips Sealed

and oh... when the S/D court shit is over with.. hell yeah... that is what i'm looking forward to ?peace

and another thing... ?(hey its past 3am here! ?Tongue)...

November 22nd would be better because then it would be on the shelf for the biggest retail shopping day of the year - the day after thanksgiving. ?Wink

and oh ANOTHER THING...

To me 'sticking by Axl' is believing in what is yet to be seen... having faith in him. ?Even when we don't understand what is going on... don't understand or know his decisions... ?just to believe in our gut that he will suceed. ?

Give 'em hell Axl!

Guns! N'! Ro-ses!

man i can't wait to see them live again!

amen to that, great post eva, i feel the excact same way, both about believing in him and about not constantly getting my hopes up anymore, though i know my heart will skip a beat or two when i see an official release date. Grin

jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #1879 on: July 07, 2005, 03:36:07 AM »

Eva, I'm not too excited about the rumour either. But it is weird that the rumor is spreading. Its making its way to radio stations, and not just on these forums. I'm glad that there wasn't a monthly release date rumor. But its the first time it occured. I wonder why? This year so far has been so void of release date rumours that a rumor about GNR playing an unknown club came out! LMAO!

Pages: 1 ... 92 93 [94] 95 96 ... 374 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: