Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 24, 2024, 09:17:43 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228501 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  The CD release date rumor / speculation thread
Pages: 1 ... 88 89 [90] 91 92 ... 374 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The CD release date rumor / speculation thread  (Read 643135 times)
estranged.1098
« Reply #1780 on: June 13, 2005, 02:50:27 PM »

if he's so sure it's the year then why not promote the album..

Because he isn't sure.  Simple as that.  There is absolutely no reason for anyone to be optomistic regarding 2005 and CD.  If it comes out, then great, but I would bet anyone on this board $10 right now that it won't be out by Jan. 1, 2006.

Any takers?   Undecided

He isn't sure, that is correct; "there is absolutely no reason for anyone to be [sic]optomistic" is incorrect, Richard knows a hell lot more than you and he sounds optimistic.

It's funny though, that every once in a while this thread turns into the "I'm frustrated with the album release date" thread. Please do that in the "Dead Horse" section people!

Yeah,
I am familiar with the song.."Nobody ever told me there would be days like this"  Double Fantasy?......The Doors came out with "Strange Days" years before.....
Off Topic....but my favorite Lennon song is "working class hero"

I love that song... the lyrics are great. I also love 'Born On A Different Cloud' (Oasis, written by Liam), it has a reference to WCH:
"It's no surprise to me
that yer classless, clever and free"

mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #1781 on: June 13, 2005, 03:14:09 PM »

Mike, what pisses me off is you seem to blame the band. Their work has been done for a long time. Put the blame or responsibility where it belongs-W. Axl Rose and whatever he has got going on (or not going on). He is the boss. Nothing that Richard, Tommy, Dizzy, or Robin has done or said is "sad". It is reality. They don't and will not decide when the record comes out or when they tour. All they are responsible for is recording their parts, and they have done that. You just seem to come on here and whine and bitch and moan day after day about how this isn't a band,? and how YOU don't like what is going on. Great. We get the point and respect your opinion but, we don't want to read it day after day in every thread of this board. I don't particularly care about Velvet Revolver. Thus, I don't go over to that section of the board and spam every thread about how I don't like the sound of Slash's guitar on Contraband or the shitty, slick modern production of an allegedly "raw" "real rock and roll" record. Most people like to stay positive about music and bands they like so I don't want to bring them down. You have said everything you could possibly say about the new gnr, either come up with something new or just wait until the record comes out-if it ever does. Undecided

don't make me out to be the bad guy here, if you dislike vr songs you have the right to express it.. There's a dfference between being optomistic and being real.. I am not bashing any new gnr members.. I am a new gnr fan, I go more toward axl because so far I know him best and the others don't get to show me their gnr talents because of no album..

it's just everyone tries to say this is gnr, and I say if this is gnr then all the band should have equal input and be able to answer any question in regards to the band's status, the tour dates if any, and the album date or somewhere around there..

This is a cd prediction thread and I siad november 2005

Never say I don't like to be positive about the bands I like.. I was postive from 87-93, I was positive in 1994 when I heard sftd, I became optomistic again when I heard oh my god in 99 and evesaw end of days to see where the track would be played, I was optomistic during rio 3 ,I was optomistic at the vmas performance, I was so optomitstic and glad I went to see them at msg dec 5th 02.. So please don't act like I'm some hate monger that bashes the band or their music.. I'm a hell of a lot more tame then the vr bashers and scott haters..

The time to be optmositic or really positive has gone and went except for the end of the year said by merck.. I rather the new members just say hey ask axl.. i was optomistic until axl pulled that rio bullshit where he acted like he couldn't play one gig in a year without BH but doesn't need him for anything now, no third player was announced..
I want material not sob stories or do you think axl will play this club or award show or does he still have the braides?? Fuck that I want to enjoy music already.. ok

and yes I do blame axl, these guys are just out there having a good time enjoying themselves waiting for his royal majesty
« Last Edit: June 13, 2005, 03:17:09 PM by mikegiuliana » Logged
CoyDog
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #1782 on: June 14, 2005, 03:10:38 AM »

It's funny though, that every once in a while this thread turns into the "I'm frustrated with the album release date" thread. Please do that in the "Dead Horse" section people!

Yeah,
I am familiar with the song.."Nobody ever told me there would be days like this"? Double Fantasy?......The Doors came out with "Strange Days" years before.....
Off Topic....but my favorite Lennon song is "working class hero"

I love that song... the lyrics are great. I also love 'Born On A Different Cloud' (Oasis, written by Liam), it has a reference to WCH:
"It's no surprise to me
that yer classless, clever and free"

you made my Day! Most people only know "Imagine".....congrats dude!
I like Oasis as well...but Lennon was an Idol/Rolemodel for me......

Coydog
Athlete
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #1783 on: June 14, 2005, 11:21:44 AM »

My first post. Hello folks.

Just to be redundant...the album will come out when Axl says it comes out, and he's nuts. Good nuts, but nuts nonetheless.

I really wonder how good Axl's finances are. I mean, look at Jacko...he's made gazillions and his finances are in the crapper.

Personally, I hope he's going broke...then he'll release the frickin album. heheh.
Wooody
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #1784 on: June 14, 2005, 01:09:57 PM »

My first post. Hello folks.

Just to be redundant...the album will come out when Axl says it comes out, and he's nuts. Good nuts, but nuts nonetheless.

I really wonder how good Axl's finances are. I mean, look at Jacko...he's made gazillions and his finances are in the crapper.

Personally, I hope he's going broke...then he'll release the frickin album. heheh.

people with financial problems don't buy a giant neon horse.

Just use your head and in the end you'll find your inspiration.
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #1785 on: June 14, 2005, 02:00:02 PM »

people with financial problems don't buy a giant neon horse.
Maybe that's how they get into financial problems. Tongue
Gunna_girl01
Rocker

ROCK AND ROLL A WAY OF LIFE

« Reply #1786 on: June 15, 2005, 02:10:30 AM »

i dont care about a fukin date i just want it

LIVE IT LOVE IT CHERISH IT
FOR ROCK AND ROLL
IS MY LIFE
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #1787 on: June 15, 2005, 10:33:31 AM »

sound like my kind of girl hihi
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #1788 on: June 16, 2005, 08:46:56 AM »

If we get towards the holiday season, and there still hasn't been a release date announced for CD, I think we should do some sort of a protest.Maybe everyone at all the GNR forums should not post for a week or so. It would show Interscope/Sanctuary that the hardcore fans guaranteed to buy it are truly getting fed up.

Mikkamakka
Daddy Cool
Banned
Legend

Half man, half beast

« Reply #1789 on: June 16, 2005, 09:12:31 AM »

If we get towards the holiday season, and there still hasn't been a release date announced for CD, I think we should do some sort of a protest.Maybe everyone at all the GNR forums should not post for a week or so. It would show Interscope/Sanctuary that the hardcore fans guaranteed to buy it are truly getting fed up.

No, we shouldn't. It doesn't make any sense. It wouldn't change anything. Accept it.

'Once there was this Rock 'N' Roll band
Rollin' on the streets
Time went by and it became a joke'
Scabbie
Legend

Time is relative

« Reply #1790 on: June 16, 2005, 01:20:48 PM »

No, we shouldn't. It doesn't make any sense. It wouldn't change anything. Accept it.

Maybe if someone turned off the forums for a few weeks it would help with some people's sanity and stop the silly threads about is Axl Jesus or whatever.

Here today...ready to rock
Deathdealer
« Reply #1791 on: June 16, 2005, 08:37:40 PM »

I hope i can hear the album before i'm fucking dead  hihi
Buddha_Master
Legend

Real men use fists!

« Reply #1792 on: June 17, 2005, 02:19:48 PM »

Chinese Democracy...Chin-ese...Demo...o...o...cracy

But what does that mean exactly? Does it mean Jesus rose and became a superhero zombie after he died? With his superpower hand like Hellboy. Its like going to Slash and saying "Good Morning" like you don't know what that really means to a brother. The "Go Had" and the "Morning"...means Good will Hunting, going to kill some n------. Fucking racist. That would be the first thing I would think.

That is crazy shit. And you think this is going to come out this fall? It is too goddamn early to release something like this. It won't be appreciated. Its so far ahead of its time that it will not be understood and people are going to trip. Ka-fuckin-Boom! Game over.

Yea it will out this fall. That what you think? You probably think that that faggot Hitler had to balls too huh?  So let's cut this shit out. You saying this, this other dude saying that...some prick comes in and claims something else. Who's got the information? Get yourself connected tizza. This is a oneway road. And once this gets out, and they tell us what we have been waiting for, there aint no looking back.

You must learn to let go.

I DON'T NEED TO BELIEVE IN A GOD
Ignatius
Legend

« Reply #1793 on: June 18, 2005, 06:43:40 AM »

But what does that mean exactly? Does it mean Jesus rose and became a superhero zombie after he died? With his superpower hand like Hellboy. Its like going to Slash and saying "Good Morning" like you don't know what that really means to a brother. The "Go Had" and the "Morning"...means Good will Hunting, going to kill some n------. Fucking racist. That would be the first thing I would think.

That is crazy shit. And you think this is going to come out this fall? It is too goddamn early to release something like this. It won't be appreciated. Its so far ahead of its time that it will not be understood and people are going to trip. Ka-fuckin-Boom! Game over.

Yea it will out this fall. That what you think? You probably think that that faggot Hitler had to balls too huh?? So let's cut this shit out. You saying this, this other dude saying that...some prick comes in and claims something else. Who's got the information? Get yourself connected tizza. This is a oneway road. And once this gets out, and they tell us what we have been waiting for, there aint no looking back.

Buddha, go easy on that kind bud man.  Wink
Eva GnRAxlRosette
Legend

« Reply #1794 on: June 18, 2005, 07:20:52 PM »

Yea it will out this fall. That what you think? You probably think that that faggot Hitler had to balls too huh?? So let's cut this shit out. You saying this, this other dude saying that...some prick comes in and claims something else. Who's got the information? Get yourself connected tizza. This is a oneway road. And once this gets out, and they tell us what we have been waiting for, there aint no looking back.

Buddha, go easy on that kind bud man.? Wink

rofl

um...   there really haven't been any rumours lately, have there?
i don't consider anything anyone in the band says/has said as rumour...
Last 'news' we heard, I believe, was Sanctuary's mention of "newly recorded tracks" in the publishing deal press release.
And Merck's follow up to the NY Times article.

Am I missing anything...  news or rumour?

In any event, I don't think there's a release date set.
When there is one set, like in-stone, I imagine it will be announced... though I don't expect it to be months in advance.

badapple81
« Reply #1795 on: June 19, 2005, 03:57:26 AM »

If we have learnt anything about Axl, it should be that he does things on HIS terms. A protest would probably make him want to delay it further.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #1796 on: June 19, 2005, 04:06:25 AM »

hihi hihi hihi hihi rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl

I wonder if Im the only one who got that?

priceless mike! rofl rofl rofl

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
odd1
Banned
Rocker

The storm is getting CLOSER !!!

« Reply #1797 on: June 19, 2005, 08:03:07 AM »

hihi hihi hihi hihi rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl

I wonder if Im the only one who got that?

priceless mike! rofl rofl rofl

OMG I didnt get it at first. Nice one Mike!! peace peace hihi hihi rofl rofl rofl
DemocracyRose
« Reply #1798 on: June 19, 2005, 09:25:49 AM »

yes, funny shit.... Grin
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #1799 on: June 19, 2005, 09:15:49 PM »

The lack of CD release date rumors is very strange. It cant be just because of the November-December rumor. That rumor happens every year, and it never stopped the other rumors. Is it because more people believe the end of the year rumor this time? Or because no one can think of a believable release date? This has to be the first year that a summer release rumor was completely bypassed. The only decent rumors this year was the Axl and Izzy Atlanta concert thing and the one saying Axl had handed over the album to Interscope/Sanctuary.

Pages: 1 ... 88 89 [90] 91 92 ... 374 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: