Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 24, 2024, 09:21:56 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228501 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  The CD release date rumor / speculation thread
Pages: 1 ... 87 88 [89] 90 91 ... 374 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The CD release date rumor / speculation thread  (Read 643144 times)
DemocracyRose
« Reply #1760 on: June 12, 2005, 08:58:22 AM »

And what exactly is it that points to a Nov/Dec release? Are you going by those few rumors we heard? Or is it that statement from Merck about this being the year for GNR? I feel sorry for Merck if January comes and there is no CD. He will lose all credibility. If it REALLY is Nov/Dec, then the ball has to start rolling SOON. If we hear nothing regarding CD by August, say goodbye to 2005. I wish Mysteron or somebody credible would flash a light at the end of this tunnel.

Yes, exactly that and Richard Fortus recently said something about some concerts at the end of the year....

I agree with you on august thing.... nervous
witekb
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #1761 on: June 12, 2005, 09:25:47 AM »

I also got e-mail from Richard :]

Hi Witek,
thanks for writing.  Yes, i speak to all the members frequently.  We are
very close friends.  I will see Tommy tomorrow night! We are hoping to
release the record before the end of the year.
  Hope to see you soon,
richard

It's interesting :]

Polish Guns N' Roses Forum
http://www.gunsnroses.com.pl/forum
Polish Guns N' Roses Site
http://www.gunsnroses.com.pl
DemocracyRose
« Reply #1762 on: June 12, 2005, 09:34:01 AM »

Hi Witek,
thanks for writing.? Yes, i speak to all the members frequently.? We are
very close friends.? I will see Tommy tomorrow night! We are hoping to
? Hope to see you soon,
richard

Thanks.... Grin
witekb
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #1763 on: June 12, 2005, 09:39:17 AM »

Thanks.... Grin

You're welcome Cheesy
I also hope that CD will be in stores in the end of year, still hope Smiley

Polish Guns N' Roses Forum
http://www.gunsnroses.com.pl/forum
Polish Guns N' Roses Site
http://www.gunsnroses.com.pl
Saul
My custom title starts now
Legend

I was the killer.

« Reply #1764 on: June 12, 2005, 03:05:15 PM »

I think I'm just as happy to read that they are all "close friends" just as much as I am to hear they want the album and a tour by the end of the year.

Well , no I'm not .. but it still makes me happy to read that.  ok

mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #1765 on: June 12, 2005, 04:08:10 PM »

Hi Witek,
thanks for writing.? Yes, i speak to all the members frequently.? We are
very close friends.? I will see Tommy tomorrow night! We are hoping to
? Hope to see you soon,
richard

pretty cool things seem to be heading in the right direction...finally hihi
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #1766 on: June 12, 2005, 04:32:56 PM »

Notice that Richard uses the word "hope" twice? I hate how they always have to hope and wish for something to happen. Nothing ever seems to be set in stone. The band members are just like us, all they can do is speculate.

mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #1767 on: June 12, 2005, 04:53:39 PM »

Notice that Richard uses the word "hope" twice? I hate how they always have to hope and wish for something to happen. Nothing ever seems to be set in stone. The band members are just like us, all they can do is speculate.
yeah I mean if 2005 is the year wouldn't you be like fuck all the other projects this is a gnr record the thing we have all been waiting for... Wouldn't they be spreading the word that it is definetly coming out this year. They would be able to give it press seven diferent ways... CD is coming out, oh let me go tour with nena, or let me give a drum clinic.. Fuck that I would be following the album all the way beer
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #1768 on: June 12, 2005, 05:31:29 PM »

yeah I mean if 2005 is the year wouldn't you be like fuck all the other projects this is a gnr record the thing we have all been waiting for... Wouldn't they be spreading the word that it is definetly coming out this year. They would be able to give it press seven diferent ways... CD is coming out, oh let me go tour with nena, or let me give a drum clinic.. Fuck that I would be following the album all the way beer

There is nothing for them to do in the gnr camp untill the announcement comes that the album is being released. Untill then they still have to make money and feed their families.
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #1769 on: June 12, 2005, 08:35:13 PM »

There is nothing for them to do in the gnr camp untill the announcement comes that the album is being released. Untill then they still have to make money and feed their families.
aren't tommy and brain well to do from primus and replacements? Sure dizzy has money too... Regardless if it was "definetly" coming ou tthey could spread the word in a sure way, not maybe or we hope..
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #1770 on: June 12, 2005, 08:41:07 PM »

aren't tommy and brain well to do from primus and replacements? Sure dizzy has money too... Regardless if it was "definetly" coming ou tthey could spread the word in a sure way, not maybe or we hope..

Well considering before Tommy joined guns he was selling toner over the phone i dont think hes rich. None of the guys in the band are millionaires besides Axl.
CoyDog
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #1771 on: June 13, 2005, 02:53:40 AM »

Anyone else find it strange that all the upcoming months have been bypassed for rumors except November/December? Dont we usually get at least one summer rumor? Is this the first year where most of the year is completely ignored rumor wise? In the words of John Lennon: 'Strange Days Indeed!'

I would NEVER discredit John Lennon....one of my heroes.....
But weren't the Doors to come out with the song "Strange Days?"
But...hell, I admire ANYONE that quotes Lennon!!!
 Oct-Nov-Dec..seems to be the tentative repeat..TENTATIVE  release date for CHIDEM......(words from the Mysterious Mysteron)

and to all the bitchers and moaners.....Do you realize that it takes upwards of 16 hours per song to lay down a single song track? And a great deal more for mixing and Perfecting!!! That's if nothing goes haywire, and no shit is happening to distract from the progress....

"Bulletholes no one can see;
Bleeding from them frequently..
Old wounds never really heal..
For those of us that really feel."

Triggerman.....

iloozion
Rocker

...we had the strength to choose...

« Reply #1772 on: June 13, 2005, 03:53:53 AM »

*a bit off topic, but...* The quoted line "strange days indeed" is from the John Lennon song 'Nobody Told Me'
CoyDog
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #1773 on: June 13, 2005, 05:22:41 AM »

Yeah,
I am familiar with the song.."Nobody ever told me there would be days like this"  Double Fantasy?......The Doors came out with "Strange Days" years before.....
Off Topic....but my favorite Lennon song is "working class hero"

"Those that hurt you at home
and hit you at school
They hate you if you're clever;
and despise a fool
Till you're so fucking crazy
You can't follow the rules"............Great Lyrics!!! Also sooooo True!
Saul
My custom title starts now
Legend

I was the killer.

« Reply #1774 on: June 13, 2005, 11:45:41 AM »

you ever think for a second that these guys are "musicians" and actually LIKE getting out , playing shows and interacting with fans .. it's not always about the money and being "well to do"   ok

mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #1775 on: June 13, 2005, 12:54:35 PM »

you ever think for a second that these guys are "musicians" and actually LIKE getting out , playing shows and interacting with fans .. it's not always about the money and being "well to do"? ?ok

I neevr said it was about money, cb said they had to support their families..  The point is if axl gets his ass in gear everyone will be happy A) making money b) getting to play.. I also said you would think iof this years was a definite go they would be givent eh word to promote the album, not saying I hope or maybe,..

I like the idea they are motivated and love to play
madagas
« Reply #1776 on: June 13, 2005, 01:10:23 PM »

Mike, what don't you understand? Nothing is definite until the album is given a release date by management and the record company. They are not going to promote anything until a release date is set. You have no idea what is going on so quit analyzing everything these guys say. Richard is telling the truth, he HOPES it is released because a date HAS NOT BEEN SET!!!!!!! Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #1777 on: June 13, 2005, 02:14:19 PM »

Mike, what don't you understand? Nothing is definite until the album is given a release date by management and the record company. They are not going to promote anything until a release date is set. You have no idea what is going on so quit analyzing everything these guys say. Richard is telling the truth, he HOPES it is released because a date HAS NOT BEEN SET!!!!!!! Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

well why does anyone hope to get it out this year, they hope every year so what's the difference.. The diference for me was merck said 2005 was the year, if he's so sure it's the year then why not promote the album.. I could have said new gnr hopes to tour this year, or hopes to release an album and I am not in the band hihi.. No exact date has to be there yet but they could say it WILL happen this year... ok These players have no insight or control over the band they are suppose to be apart of, that is sad, no band operates like this..
Charity Case
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #1778 on: June 13, 2005, 02:19:32 PM »

if he's so sure it's the year then why not promote the album..

Because he isn't sure.  Simple as that.  There is absolutely no reason for anyone to be optomistic regarding 2005 and CD.  If it comes out, then great, but I would bet anyone on this board $10 right now that it won't be out by Jan. 1, 2006.

Any takers?   Undecided
madagas
« Reply #1779 on: June 13, 2005, 02:50:02 PM »

Mike, what pisses me off is you seem to blame the band. Their work has been done for a long time. Put the blame or responsibility where it belongs-W. Axl Rose and whatever he has got going on (or not going on). He is the boss. Nothing that Richard, Tommy, Dizzy, or Robin has done or said is "sad". It is reality. They don't and will not decide when the record comes out or when they tour. All they are responsible for is recording their parts, and they have done that. You just seem to come on here and whine and bitch and moan day after day about how this isn't a band,? and how YOU don't like what is going on. Great. We get the point and respect your opinion but, we don't want to read it day after day in every thread of this board. I don't particularly care about Velvet Revolver. Thus, I don't go over to that section of the board and spam every thread about how I don't like the sound of Slash's guitar on Contraband or the shitty, slick modern production of an allegedly "raw" "real rock and roll" record. Most people like to stay positive about music and bands they like so I don't want to bring them down. You have said everything you could possibly say about the new gnr, either come up with something new or just wait until the record comes out-if it ever does. Undecided
« Last Edit: June 13, 2005, 02:51:35 PM by madagas » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 87 88 [89] 90 91 ... 374 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: