Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 24, 2024, 07:13:28 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228501 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  The CD release date rumor / speculation thread
Pages: 1 ... 86 87 [88] 89 90 ... 374 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The CD release date rumor / speculation thread  (Read 643073 times)
Buddha_Master
Legend

Real men use fists!

« Reply #1740 on: June 07, 2005, 12:21:58 AM »

We will know if Chinese Democracy commes with a 5.1 audio counterpart like With Teeth does. I fucking hope so.

I DON'T NEED TO BELIEVE IN A GOD
Lesty
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #1741 on: June 07, 2005, 12:17:53 PM »

I know why it has been delayed again.? After listening to the newest NIN album, Axl (being such a huge NIN fanatic), has gone back and changed virtually everything on Chinese Democracy.?

Maybe, never know!

Axl may have been a little unsure of the new sound of GnR 6 years ago, and may have looked to NIN as inspiration, but I seriously doubt he cares about what they're up to now.
The CD will be out later this fall, or the entire band/project will collapse in my opinion.
Buddha_Master
Legend

Real men use fists!

« Reply #1742 on: June 07, 2005, 01:35:59 PM »

I know why it has been delayed again.  After listening to the newest NIN album, Axl (being such a huge NIN fanatic), has gone back and changed virtually everything on Chinese Democracy. 

Maybe, never know!

Axl may have been a little unsure of the new sound of GnR 6 years ago, and may have looked to NIN as inspiration, but I seriously doubt he cares about what they're up to now.
The CD will be out later this fall, or the entire band/project will collapse in my opinion.

How could this fall be any different then any of the last few if CD doesn't come out? We are getting pretty deep into the summer.

Neemo
Legend

« Reply #1743 on: June 07, 2005, 02:41:38 PM »

I know why it has been delayed again.? After listening to the newest NIN album, Axl (being such a huge NIN fanatic), has gone back and changed virtually everything on Chinese Democracy.?

Maybe, never know!

How could this fall be any different then any of the last few if CD doesn't come out? We are getting pretty deep into the summer.

The official "first day of summer" is June 21

unless of course its been pushed back hihi

blues rocker
Banned
Rocker

ANGUS YOUNG - AC/DC

« Reply #1744 on: June 07, 2005, 06:32:51 PM »

if this album does not come out this winter, i will officially give up...i think a lot of people will finally give up on gnr if they fail to release CD this year
Vicious Wishes
VIP

Madam in Eden im Adam

« Reply #1745 on: June 07, 2005, 08:16:12 PM »

Well, we've seen this many times before, but for what it's worth:http://www.tophitsonline.com/newreleases.htm

It could be out in 2005, but MID-2005?  That's already here. Probably bs.

We're not human beings going through a temporary spiritual experience, we're spiritual beings going through a temporary human experience.
Buddha_Master
Legend

Real men use fists!

« Reply #1746 on: June 08, 2005, 05:56:37 PM »

if this album does not come out this winter, i will officially give up...i think a lot of people will finally give up on gnr if they fail to release CD this year

Dude, we have all gone over this too many times with people saying just what you have said right here. I am personally right back in my "not in the mood to here GNR music phase" (except for GTA). But saying that, When Chinese D comes out, you will buy it just like the rest of us, no matter when that might be. You may indeed give up on them. You might. But when its about to release, you will be back.

...you will be (evil yoda voice)

blues rocker
Banned
Rocker

ANGUS YOUNG - AC/DC

« Reply #1747 on: June 08, 2005, 06:25:55 PM »

Dude, we have all gone over this too many times with people saying just what you have said right here. I am personally right back in my "not in the mood to here GNR music phase" (except for GTA). But saying that, When Chinese D comes out, you will buy it just like the rest of us, no matter when that might be. You may indeed give up on them. You might. But when its about to release, you will be back.

oh, i don't deny that i'll buy...how could i not buy it?  i'm just saying that if it doesn't come out this year, i'm going to assume that it's never coming out...if they can't get it released by the end of the year, then they are obviously incapable of releasing it at all
Buddha_Master
Legend

Real men use fists!

« Reply #1748 on: June 08, 2005, 07:15:25 PM »

oh, i don't deny that i'll buy...how could i not buy it?  i'm just saying that if it doesn't come out this year, i'm going to assume that it's never coming out...if they can't get it released by the end of the year, then they are obviously incapable of releasing it at all

Hate to say it bro, but Im starting to feel this way to already. I don't think they can get it together. It actually felt like it was close in the past, but now it seems further and further away. Real shame...

madagas
« Reply #1749 on: June 09, 2005, 07:59:11 AM »

To me, it is not an inability to release the record-Axl could have released it multiple times over already. I now believe it is just a lack of desire on Axl's part. The record company would release it, the band certainly would, it is just whether or not Axl is willing to face the shit storm of press and touring commitments that come with such a large release. The guy played 12 songs in 1999 for Rolling Stone-that is an album right there!!!!...and if the writer compares it with Led Zep and classic Gnr, it can't be that bad. Fuck, at this point, I would be happy if Axl just released the album, refused press, refused to tour, and just said "leave me alone, here's your fucking record, now piss off."  hihi
Scabbie
Legend

Time is relative

« Reply #1750 on: June 09, 2005, 11:05:58 AM »

To me, it is not an inability to release the record-Axl could have released it multiple times over already. I now believe it is just a lack of desire on Axl's part. The record company would release it, the band certainly would, it is just whether or not Axl is willing to face the shit storm of press and touring commitments that come with such a large release. The guy played 12 songs in 1999 for Rolling Stone-that is an album right there!!!!...and if the writer compares it with Led Zep and classic Gnr, it can't be that bad. Fuck, at this point, I would be happy if Axl just released the album, refused press, refused to tour, and just said "leave me alone, here's your fucking record, now piss off."? hihi

Here, here!

If he just wants to release music thats an acceptable compromise by me, its better than not releasing or not touring!

Here today...ready to rock
Buddha_Master
Legend

Real men use fists!

« Reply #1751 on: June 09, 2005, 11:48:20 AM »

I have been saying shit like that since day fucking one. I strongly feel Axl should become a studio musician in the same vein as the Beatles did. Just stay in the studio and perfect your craft. Serously, I love GNR and love them live. But I would infinitely treasure new releases from Axl then seeing Axl live.

So Axl, I am giving you the ok. just releases the fucking album already you fuck. Just kidding Axl, you know your the best.

...release the album dude.

jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #1752 on: June 09, 2005, 04:15:07 PM »

I agree with the these last few posts. Its obvious that Axl has no desire to release CD. If he did, it would have came out already. We need to deal with this sad fact. If we get no news from Axl/Geffen/Interscope by the end of the year, its NOT coming out! How many more years can go by before the GNR online community just says 'fuck it' and jumps ship?

Scabbie
Legend

Time is relative

« Reply #1753 on: June 09, 2005, 05:31:46 PM »

If he has absolutely no desire surely the band members would have picked up on that and jumped ship by now. What a weird situation.

Here today...ready to rock
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #1754 on: June 09, 2005, 05:36:22 PM »

If he has absolutely no desire surely the band members would have picked up on that and jumped ship by now. What a weird situation.

Not if they are always away doing other things.. Being in gnr is like a job you never have to show up for, pretty fucking easy to do..

I am going to say cd by sometime in november again this year,..
CoyDog
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #1755 on: June 09, 2005, 05:46:21 PM »

Weird, yes-
But Most Highly Creative people are "eccentric", and tend to not be very "nice" by modern social standards,Or predictable, either.
 I liked the numerology post,somebody actually reads?
For the record, the number 8 is the number of completion.
I, personally would rather have quality than quantity, so I am content to wait until whenever-!
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #1756 on: June 09, 2005, 05:49:18 PM »

Weird, yes-
But Most Highly Creative people are "eccentric", and tend to not be very "nice" by modern social standards,Or predictable, either.
 I liked the numerology post,somebody actually reads?
For the record, the number 8 is the number of completion.
I, personally would rather have quality than quantity, so I am content to wait until whenever-!
I tend to agree about quality over quanity, but I also want the part of a band that means checking out singles and seeing them live.. We as gnr fans have none of that anymore and it has been really dry for years.. Nothing wrong with taking time, but 7 years or so on one project in music is way to long especially when you are trying to change a band and it;'s the first album you have been talking about forver..
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #1757 on: June 10, 2005, 05:52:19 PM »

Anyone else find it strange that all the upcoming months have been bypassed for rumors except November/December? Dont we usually get at least one summer rumor? Is this the first year where most of the year is completely ignored rumor wise? In the words of John Lennon: 'Strange Days Indeed!'

DemocracyRose
« Reply #1758 on: June 11, 2005, 07:31:14 AM »

Anyone else find it strange that all the upcoming months have been bypassed for rumors except November/December? Dont we usually get at least one summer rumor? Is this the first year where most of the year is completely ignored rumor wise? In the words of John Lennon: 'Strange Days Indeed!'

Its because many things pointing at Nov/Dec.....

jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #1759 on: June 11, 2005, 08:47:15 PM »

And what exactly is it that points to a Nov/Dec release? Are you going by those few rumors we heard? Or is it that statement from Merck about this being the year for GNR? I feel sorry for Merck if January comes and there is no CD. He will lose all credibility. If it REALLY is Nov/Dec, then the ball has to start rolling SOON. If we hear nothing regarding CD by August, say goodbye to 2005. I wish Mysteron or somebody credible would flash a light at the end of this tunnel.

Pages: 1 ... 86 87 [88] 89 90 ... 374 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: