Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 24, 2024, 01:17:32 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228500 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  The CD release date rumor / speculation thread
Pages: 1 ... 80 81 [82] 83 84 ... 374 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The CD release date rumor / speculation thread  (Read 642910 times)
Slashisthebest
Headliner

Best Record Ever Made, Plain and Simple!

« Reply #1620 on: May 05, 2005, 11:17:06 PM »

anyone else think that after like 12 years of no new material GNR should have more then 15 songs on CD?

Top Hat + Bottle of Jack + Les Paul + Marshall Jubilee Stack = Slash
Walapino
VIP

Double Talkin Jive Motherfucker!

« Reply #1621 on: May 06, 2005, 12:39:55 AM »

anyone else think that after like 12 years of no new material GNR should have more then 15 songs on CD?

Yes but considering all things I think its better to have anything than nothing at this point.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1622 on: May 06, 2005, 08:07:23 AM »

That's not a release date rumor.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Warren
« Reply #1623 on: May 06, 2005, 09:33:22 AM »

The latest rumor is that CD will be released in christmas (Interscope source).

But they forgot to mention the year...
Here is the link...

http://www.thenewguns.com/MetaBB/viewtopic...er=asc&start=13

« Last Edit: May 06, 2005, 09:47:39 AM by Pepe Da Rosa » Logged
estranged.1098
« Reply #1624 on: May 06, 2005, 09:47:31 AM »

http://www.thenewguns.com/MetaBB/viewtopic.php?t=1220&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=13

I have returned from Vegas! First things first, the only news from Brandon (the Interscope guy) is that they did announce on their conference call that they DO expect Chinese Democracy to be out by Christmas. That was more dissappointing to me than anything because I really wanted to see it before then. But at least the record company is saying something to it's field people for the first time I can remember.

Of course, the source for this is no Mysteron. And IF he is reliable it only means Merck told Universal the same thing he told us.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2005, 09:49:35 AM by estranged.1098 » Logged
slash4ever
Rocker

One In A Million

« Reply #1625 on: May 10, 2005, 05:07:10 PM »

Its coming motherfuckers!

Edit: New subject. /jarmo

We heard THAT years ago Roll Eyes

What's so civil about war anyway?
linker
Opening Act

...still alive... maybe offline

« Reply #1626 on: May 18, 2005, 02:03:11 PM »

Its still comming..............waiting...........there it goes. 

I'm reckless and feelin' no pain
does that makes me insane.??
bailyrose
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #1627 on: May 19, 2005, 08:25:41 PM »

? ? I was listening to the radio today (97.7 htz fm) and the dj Kristy Knight said that a guy that works for universal blabed that the record will be released just in time for christmas.Take it how you want it guys but I'll believe it only when I have the cd in my hands.If anyone out there wants to look for more info there website is htzfm.com? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? no.1 fan? bailyrose.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2005, 08:31:08 PM by jarmo » Logged
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1628 on: May 19, 2005, 08:30:49 PM »

This is the story that started on sp1at.com.

They reported it as gossip, but as you can see, once it gets passed around a few sites it starts sounding more legit.

I'm sure the record company would love to have it out by Christmas 2005 (a lot of albums are sold that time of the year), but I also think that Christmas 2001, 2002, 2003 or 2004 would've pleased them.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
metallex78
Legend

vicarious existance is a fucking waste of time

« Reply #1629 on: May 19, 2005, 08:43:37 PM »

This is the story that started on sp1at.com.

They reported it as gossip, but as you can see, once it gets passed around a few sites it starts sounding more legit.

I'm sure the record company would love to have it out by Christmas 2005 (a lot of albums are sold that time of the year), but I also think that Christmas 2001, 2002, 2003 or 2004 would've pleased them.

/jarmo

Sounds like you're being a bit cynical there Jarmo, surely you're not losing faith in the band like the rest of us? hihi

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2007!!!
23 June Sydney @ Acer Arena
24 June Sydney @ Acer Arena

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2013!!!
17 March Melbourne @ Sidney Myer Music Bowl
gunsnroses393
Headliner

Go Marlins!

« Reply #1630 on: May 20, 2005, 02:03:04 AM »

? ? I was listening to the radio today (97.7 htz fm) and the dj Kristy Knight said that a guy that works for universal blabed that the record will be released just in time for christmas.Take it how you want it guys but I'll believe it only when I have the cd in my hands.If anyone out there wants to look for more info there website is htzfm.com? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? no.1 fan? bailyrose.

one would hope

cluster fuck message board

http://fsentertainment.proboards37.com
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1631 on: May 20, 2005, 05:23:07 AM »

Sounds like you're being a bit cynical there Jarmo, surely you're not losing faith in the band like the rest of us? hihi

Just my opinion.

Record companies usually seem to like the idea of releasing albums by bands that have sold a lot in the past.

/jarmo

mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #1632 on: May 20, 2005, 08:21:22 AM »

on my gnr I was reading that merck said the xmas rumor is false.. I don't have the link but I know I read it.. That's of course if you trust people who have some sort of contacts..
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #1633 on: May 20, 2005, 12:03:40 PM »

Unbelieveable.

I was the guy who had this information relayed to me by someone I have been in contact with off and on for two years now.  I thought it was noteworthy because never in the last two years has he sounded so confident about the release of the album.

I grossly overestimated some people's ability to distinguish fact from gossip.  I also grossly underestimated the kind of ripple effect that could happen.

BTW, didn't Merck say that they had not issued any kind of statement confirming a Christmas release?

Ali
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #1634 on: May 20, 2005, 12:05:59 PM »

http://www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?showtopic=40786&st=45
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #1635 on: May 20, 2005, 12:22:03 PM »

Just my opinion.

Record companies usually seem to like the idea of releasing albums by bands that have sold a lot in the past.

/jarmo

I agree w/ Jarmo. We (GnR fans) get taken by this rumor year after year. It's only speculation.

Personally I'll beleive CD is going to be released when I see it on store shelves with my own 2 eyes.

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1636 on: May 20, 2005, 12:34:58 PM »

I also grossly underestimated the kind of ripple effect that could happen.

Once it made Blabbermouth with no mention of the word "gossip" anywhere, it was quite clear it would be posted all over the place as "news".

I didn't post it in the news section because I knew it was rumors/gossip, the people who e-mailed me the Blabbermouth or XFM news stories probably didn't.....

/jarmo

Cubb
Rocker

Get In The Ring!

« Reply #1637 on: May 20, 2005, 05:49:02 PM »

i agree i wnt believe nethin more about the album until i can buy it in every music shop. do u think axls jus scared that now hes waited so long it has to b sumtin spectacular so he is tryin to make it a gud as possible?

2 often we lose sight of lifes simple pleasures remember when someone anoys u it takes 42 muscles in ur face to frown but it only takes 4 extend ur arm an BITCHSLAP THE MOTHERFUCKER IN THE FACE!R&FnR!
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #1638 on: May 20, 2005, 06:03:47 PM »

Until we see magazines, radio stations, newspapers, and tv shows hyping the release of the album, dont believe anything you hear.

estranged.1098
« Reply #1639 on: May 21, 2005, 02:03:02 AM »

I also grossly underestimated the kind of ripple effect that could happen.

Once it made Blabbermouth with no mention of the word "gossip" anywhere, it was quite clear it would be posted all over the place as "news".

I didn't post it in the news section because I knew it was rumors/gossip, the people who e-mailed me the Blabbermouth or XFM news stories probably didn't.....

Yeah, it's too bad people pass rumours as news. Happens everyday in those places though.

However this doesn't mean anything regarding the rumour.
Pages: 1 ... 80 81 [82] 83 84 ... 374 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: