Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 23, 2024, 07:18:37 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228497 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  The CD release date rumor / speculation thread
Pages: 1 ... 74 75 [76] 77 78 ... 374 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The CD release date rumor / speculation thread  (Read 642732 times)
madagas
« Reply #1500 on: February 22, 2005, 03:48:56 PM »

NYTUNZ, you like Tool right? Well, as an example, Tool are recording their new album. To my knowledge, you don't hear Maynard or any of the band members running around playing solo gigs and talking about the album coming out soon! Much less do this over a 4 year period-HELL EVEN SINCE 1996-97!! My posts really have nothing to do with Mysteron-he is clearly a good guy. I am just fed up with it all and especially the dreamers who somehow think that now we are finally on the cusp of something. We are no closer to getting a release date now than we were 1-2-even 3 years ago. There is nothing going on now that wasn't going on two years ago-which is as always NOTHING. No tour dates-no credible rumors or buzz-no release date-no NOTHING. Sorry to be a realist-the truth hurts. Roll Eyes
« Last Edit: February 22, 2005, 03:54:48 PM by madagas » Logged
Izzys Amp
Opening Act

I'm a llama!

« Reply #1501 on: February 22, 2005, 04:01:20 PM »

madagas yet another excellent post, and very truthful, people won't like what you say because all they have is dreams, what they don't have is an album and they like to hold onto the dream, there is nothing whatsoever to suggest Guns N Roses will release an album, no single, no tour, no tracklist and of course no release date.
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #1502 on: February 22, 2005, 04:05:37 PM »

Unfortunately, I don't think anyone on this forum knows what Axl thinks about anything related to the cd. NYTUNZ, you like Tool right? Well, as an example, Tool are recording their new album. To my knowledge, you don't hear Maynard or any of the band members running around playing solo gigs and talking about the album coming out soon! Much less do this over a 4 year period!! My posts really have nothing to do with Mysteron-he is clearly a good guy. I am just fed up with it all and especially the dreamers who somehow think that now we are finally on the cusp of something. We are no closer to getting a release date now than we were 1-2-even 3 years ago. There is nothing going on now that was'nt going on two years ago. Sorry to be a realist-the truth hurts. Roll Eyes

Well, sure u got some points! And yeah, im a big Tool fan. But i dont think u can compare GNR and Tool. Remember that this GNR is a new band. The name is old, but the band is new, and like Axl said on the MTV interview about how to get all the guys to play the material (old) pluss work with the new songs.. Its maybe the first time in history something like this has been done. And with all the legal problems....things take time! But back to Tool, Remeber this is a band who has stood together since 90/91 or something. They are the same lineup (except Justin, the bassist). And they take long breaks between the albums. But its not all true what u say about them. Tool has a DVD who has been rumoured to be out in the last 2-3 years... And the members of Tool has talked alot about it! But anyway, i gotto agree with u madagas, Tool is a much better band when it comes to inform the fans, but they are also in a different situasion.. They have a big website with 4 webmasters who update it often! But my point is that talking shit about Axl and the crew dont make anything better... Theyr in a start-fase! And im pretty sure we dont know alot of what has been going on in the GNR camp the last years, and we should be carefull to criticise them before we know! If the new GNR ever makes as good Music as Tool, then im damn happy ?hihi!

U modify your post LOL.. Well Danny and Adam has been doing some touring now after Maynard got back with tool in Nov/Des.... So thats not true either!
« Last Edit: February 22, 2005, 04:07:30 PM by Nytunz » Logged

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
Wooody
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #1503 on: February 22, 2005, 04:19:43 PM »

We are no closer to getting a release date now than we were 1-2-even 3 years ago.

sad but true, remember this ? Dizzy's statements look the same now as they did two years ago.

"GUNS N' ROSES: 'Chinese Democracy' In Stores By June  - Nov. 23, 2002

GUNS N' ROSES' long-awaited new album, "Chinese Democracy" should be in stores by June, according to keyboardist Dizzy Reed.

"There are just a few odds and ends left to do - a couple of finishing touches, a couple of vocals ? and we need to mix it," he said. "

Lips Sealed Lips Sealed Lips Sealed

"GUNS N' ROSES Intact, Putting Finishing Touches On 'Chinese Democracy'  - Dec. 19, 2002

Rumors that GUNS N' ROSES cancelled their tour because of the departure of guitarist Robin Finck and bassist Tommy Stinson are false, a spokesperson for the band told Launch. The spokesperson wouldn't give any details surrounding the reasons that concert promoter Clear Channel Entertainment and GUNS N' ROSES ended their tour affiliation, but did say GN'R is very much intact.

The band, who are said to be "currently on vacation," will return to the studio in January to put the finishing touches on "Chinese Democracy","

Just use your head and in the end you'll find your inspiration.
Eva GnRAxlRosette
Legend

« Reply #1504 on: February 22, 2005, 04:23:32 PM »

And im pretty sure we dont know alot of what has been going on in the GNR camp the last years, and we should be carefull to criticise them before we know!

you can be absolutely sure we know next to nothing of what has been going on in the GN'R camp in the last years! Wink

btw, I like your attitude... like you said shit talking doesn't help matters at all. ?ok
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #1505 on: February 22, 2005, 05:17:51 PM »

When was this place reduced to the frustration thread?
Madagus, what point is there in taking out your anger on positive ones? That's not like you.
Dreamers? The reality is that here is a couple of categorical propositions and a fact.
propositions
1)Time never goes backwards.
2)we all...........some day (put the most famous absolute proposition here)
+fact
3)Sanctuary has the publishing rights for dozens of new songs.
=conclusion
It's difinite that The album comes out eventually.
We are 1-2-even 3 years closer to getting a release date now than we were 1-2-even 3 years ago beyond doubt.

Sorry to be a realist from the hell - the truth hurts.
Now let's move to the conditional proposition.
Lesty
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #1506 on: February 22, 2005, 05:29:28 PM »

Sanctuary has the publishing rights for dozens of new songs.

We are 1-2-even 3 years closer to getting a release date now than we were 1-2-even 3 years ago beyond doubt.

I agree totally. I'm not a dreamer nor an idealist. I'm a realist.
But the publishing deal, the conclusion of Tommy's tour and the mention of possible
european tour dates this summer are a "logical sign" that we are much closer to seeing
this album than we were 2 or 3 years ago. Hopefully, a blueprint of GnR's future plans
are being finalized and we'll hear something soon. I'm not saying we will, but it does
seem very possible.

erose
Legend

Live ?!'@ Like A Suicide

« Reply #1507 on: February 22, 2005, 06:22:24 PM »

Erose, I understand your point. But, if you are not going to release the cd anytime soon, don't send out a press release on March 30 2004 saying you will give us a release date in the next few months! Don't tell us the album is coming out sometime in 2003. Don't tell us the record will be released in June 2001...maybe July. Shut the fuck up, don't tour, don't do anything until you actually have a completed record. It is simply inexcusable to continue to lead your fans down a never ending path of deception. Shocked Shocked "Ever changing" my ass...one big train wreck after another is more like it. rant

You're right about that and i can admit that i felt the same way not so long ago. Why i don't anymore i don't know... I try too see it from another point of view i guess, i can't say his but you get what i mean. like, there's no doubht something has been in the making, there's no doubht that axl wants this to happen, there's no doubht that the new band is out of this world etc...

Basically i believe that the reasons for the delays must be really fucking important and i trust the GN'R name that they are. If it was motley crew who did this i would laugh, if it was elton john or anyone else i couldn't care les(so i can see why non gn'r fans laugh), but axl, axl is fuckin' crazy and i'm 100% sure that the final product will be out of this world, if he(axl) was skin deep it would have shun trhough along time ago. he's just a little late thats all ok

victory or death

even if it costs ?9.50
Buddha_Master
Legend

Real men use fists!

« Reply #1508 on: February 22, 2005, 11:46:58 PM »

...alright, so there still isnt a release date (goes back to Resident Evil 4)...

I DON'T NEED TO BELIEVE IN A GOD
madagas
« Reply #1509 on: February 23, 2005, 08:27:40 AM »

Guys and Gals, I am a BIG Axl fan and I really like both the old band and new band (two completely different beasts). Let's get that straight. I am also glad you guys are sticking with Axl because I am too. The record will be great-no doubt. I just don't like the continued excuses for how long it is taking- I don't buy it and never will. While some of you are young and this is essentially a cool new band, I have been listening to AFD and the Illusions on redux since 1988-can barely listen to them anymore! I have also been patiently waiting for this new album (not necessarily Chinese but a new "Gnr" record) since the old band went in the studio in 94-95-96. Especially, when Mr. Rose himself said in the infamous Burning Hills fax that with or without Slash we would have a Gnr album by summer of 97 (like Geffen says-Axl has promised us and the record company an album for the last seven years!). Now, don't give me an excuse that bandmembers have changed. Everyone left one by one and were replaced. Axl is the CEO of the company. He claims the name and is responsible for the business (because that is what it is to him-a business). If his employees are fired or leave, he is still the boss and is responsible for the work product...or lack thereof. Needless to say after Bucket's departure, I feel we have come full circle back to 96 when Slash left-still looking for a true guitar God to replace Slash. AND, still no album. In conclusion, I am still here and still care very much-obviously. Just tired of the bullshit and same old recycled excuses-"ever changing situation"-"legal issues"-"it takes time " etc etc etc. The man runs a business and has promised a product. After all these years and dedication from people like you guys, I think we all deserve a little better. beer ps NYTUNZ, the new Tool album is going to be a monster it sounds like. The guys have been doing solo gigs but again, they don't go around saying the album will be out "soon".
« Last Edit: February 23, 2005, 08:47:02 AM by madagas » Logged
Scabbie
Legend

Time is relative

« Reply #1510 on: February 23, 2005, 09:08:45 AM »

Madagascar, I couldn't have put it better myself.  ok I guess we are showing our age!  beer

I didn't mean to start an argument, but sometimes I get the feeling that the joke's on us a little. Axl goes on about how important the fans are, how he doesn't like the press ripping off the fans, and yet at the same time we get brushed off, with the 'hairs breadth', 'soon', or 'ever changing situation' comments. I just feel its hypocritical to not give us anything (apart from official denials), and then ask everyone to start up street teams when they need promotion.

Anyway, here's hoping soon that something will happen and all of the waiting will be forgotten...

Here today...ready to rock
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #1511 on: February 23, 2005, 10:07:14 AM »

ps NYTUNZ, the new Tool album is going to be a monster it sounds like. The guys have been doing solo gigs but again, they don't go around saying the album will be out "soon".

Well thats true. Its really gonna be something BIG! And i rather hang out on Tool forums thease days to se some positive news, then on GNR. And i Think Tool is a better band also, but thats just my opinion. Well some band mambers have been saying "soon" about the Tool DVD in a couple of years no, but i guess thats not quite the same situation. But back to GNR. I know there has been alot alot a damn lot of delays and untruthfull quotes from Axl through the years... But we all knows what kind of guy he is, and.. i also belive Axl is doing this because he belives in it, and wanna give something good to the fans, ive also been hanging around sinse 90/91 and began talking about a new GNR album to may classmates in 94 after SI. And when i meet them today they still ask me where it is, in a "funny" way. But i like to belive it will be out this year, and i think there is alot of signs it will... But i dont like hear all the shittalking about Axl and co, coz moste of the shittalkin are made up of rumours who dident turn up true, and we blame GNR for that! if u know what i mean... But anyway, we`re in this together.. and just lets hope that the album will be out anytime in the near future.

Nytunz.blogspot.com

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
Cocaine__tongue
Axl's lawyer wannabe
Rocker

HAPPY HAPPY

« Reply #1512 on: February 23, 2005, 10:15:51 AM »

I was right, you are a moron...

I think people who don't understand that this isn't sp1at, or whatever, and that we have rules are the real morons.

Personally I thought it was amusing how this thing went around the web and ended up on Blabbermouth.

It started here, went to other boards and then sp1at made a news story out of it. That then ended up on Blabbermouth and I posted it in this thread.? hihi

/jarmo

And now it has made it to ultimate-guitar.com:

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/news/upcoming_releases/gnr_no_album_in_april.html?200502230538

Madrid '93
Madrid '06
Bilbao '06
San Sebastian '10
London 17
Download Madrid 18
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #1513 on: February 23, 2005, 11:41:30 AM »

maybe we should contact blabbermouth and tell them that they should stop posting the "news" from S1at! Coz it is a bad GNR forum. Who thinks they are a something more then a rumourboard...

Nytunz.blogspot.com

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #1514 on: February 23, 2005, 11:52:48 AM »

Who thinks they are a something more then a rumourboard..
Or the board of riddle....what was the name of that...that riddle site?
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #1515 on: February 23, 2005, 12:01:51 PM »

Who thinks they are a something more then a rumourboard..
Or the board of riddle....what was the name of that...that riddle site?

u think of www.gnfr.com ? LOL..  rofl Thats a funny site!

Nytunz.blogspot.com

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
gigger
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #1516 on: February 23, 2005, 12:03:35 PM »

maybe we should contact blabbermouth and tell them that they should stop posting the "news" from S1at! Coz it is a bad GNR forum. Who thinks they are a something more then a rumourboard...

And what evidence would you give that it's "bad"? Your own opinion? I'm sure they'd value that... rofl
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #1517 on: February 23, 2005, 12:32:39 PM »

And what evidence would you give that it's "bad"? Your own opinion? I'm sure they'd value that... rofl

Evidence! Nothing personal gigger, but they are making "news" out of rumours that may have been started over some speculations on mygnr, htgth.. or whatever, i really dont think that a pro way to work! Do u see mtv or any "real" music site doing that!? except s1at and blabbermouth...!

Nytunz.blogspot.com

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
gigger
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #1518 on: February 23, 2005, 12:57:54 PM »

Evidence! Nothing personal gigger, but they are making "news" out of rumours that may have been started over some speculations on mygnr, htgth.. or whatever, i really dont think that a pro way to work! Do u see mtv or any "real" music site doing that!? except s1at and blabbermouth...!

Here are links to the 3 posts on it:
http://www.sp1at.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=462
http://www.sp1at.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=464
http://www.sp1at.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=483

Not one of those posts portrays the release date as fact. It merely states the current rumour and then has quotes from one or two industry people that suggest it is false. It's not Sp1at's fault that Blabbermouth re-wrote the info we posted and then cited us as the source!

I also know that Blabbermouth picked up on it via a Metallica forum rather than through the Sp1at site.
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #1519 on: February 23, 2005, 02:41:48 PM »

Here are links to the 3 posts on it:
http://www.sp1at.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=462
http://www.sp1at.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=464
http://www.sp1at.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=483

Not one of those posts portrays the release date as fact. It merely states the current rumour and then has quotes from one or two industry people that suggest it is false. It's not Sp1at's fault that Blabbermouth re-wrote the info we posted and then cited us as the source!

I also know that Blabbermouth picked up on it via a Metallica forum rather than through the Sp1at site.

Let the rumours be rumours and dont make such a big thing out of them, unless they turn up to be true.. Please say what u think about them on the forums.. But dont make big things out of smal rumours...

Nytunz.blogspot.com

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
Pages: 1 ... 74 75 [76] 77 78 ... 374 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: