Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 23, 2024, 05:21:42 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228497 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  The CD release date rumor / speculation thread
Pages: 1 ... 71 72 [73] 74 75 ... 374 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The CD release date rumor / speculation thread  (Read 642641 times)
Pingouirose
Rocker

Here I Am !

« Reply #1440 on: February 20, 2005, 02:22:12 PM »

Perhaps it was true but Axl changed plans? Wink

The rumourboard said "ball starting in the next few weeks" few months ago but nobody said "ban gigger"? hihi

EDIT: However I don't believe the shit Sticky Fingers says? ok
gigger
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #1441 on: February 20, 2005, 02:23:14 PM »

The rumourboard said "ball starting in the next few weeks" few months ago but nobody said "ban gigger"? hihi

Haha... That's probably because I never posted it here...? Wink You can hardly ban someone for what they say on another board...

And for the record, I wasn't the one that said "ball starting to roll in the next few weeks"...  Roll Eyes
Pingouirose
Rocker

Here I Am !

« Reply #1442 on: February 20, 2005, 02:24:09 PM »

Haha... That's probably because I never posted it here...? Wink

True? ok

So you don't defend your bigboss  hihi
« Last Edit: February 20, 2005, 02:27:44 PM by Pingouirose » Logged
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #1443 on: February 20, 2005, 02:31:20 PM »

Sticky Fingers... Please go away!
The same can be said for you and the "Big Boss" ok

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
gigger
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #1444 on: February 20, 2005, 02:33:39 PM »

Sticky Fingers... Please go away!
The same can be said for you and the "Big Boss" ok

Jesus Christ, you're a moron aren't you? I've already answered this but here we go again!

We don't post it here do we? You can't complain about something that goes on on another site... It's your choice whether to visit it, isn't it? It's a rumour board you'd expect there to be rumours. Sticky Fingers presents his information as fact, there's a difference.

What I don't get is why you keep visiting Sp1at if you don't like it?
« Last Edit: February 20, 2005, 02:35:36 PM by gigger » Logged
gigger
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #1445 on: February 20, 2005, 02:34:57 PM »

So you don't defend your bigboss? hihi

Haha... I know where the info came from, and I know why it turned out to be false. He doesn't need defending from me. He's a big boy!  Grin
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #1446 on: February 20, 2005, 02:37:40 PM »

I havnt....and when I do its because the garbage that comes from your site makes its way over here. SO in reality you are involved with the situation. Your site is annoying. I could careless if you have all these contacts and interviews...you provide no new information. All the names that you speak of are already public knowledge. And even if you do talk to these people you get nothing out of them anyways. So your basically good for nothing. When you get a new name, and that info officially pans out then thats when Ill take you and the big boss seriously. Till then you are no different then sticky fingers, pure, or any1...

When I read a thread that says...Splat has learned....to go away! thats when Ill have a big smile on my face.

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
Pingouirose
Rocker

Here I Am !

« Reply #1447 on: February 20, 2005, 02:47:11 PM »

gigger I liked the rumourboard because it was labeled "RUMOURS" and that was all. Now with Sp1at.com you make articles like some official news we can find on Blabbermouth ( Grin) and make one thread on HTGTH & MyGnrforum for each news...

But if tomorrow I see "Sp1at spoke to Axl and C.D. will come out? on XX-XX-200X" I will take this as a big news? beer
« Last Edit: February 20, 2005, 02:49:10 PM by Pingouirose » Logged
gigger
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #1448 on: February 20, 2005, 03:05:46 PM »

I havnt....and when I do its because the garbage that comes from your site makes its way over here. SO in reality you are involved with the situation. Your site is annoying. I could careless if you have all these contacts and interviews...you provide no new information. All the names that you speak of are already public knowledge. And even if you do talk to these people you get nothing out of them anyways. So your basically good for nothing. When you get a new name, and that info officially pans out then thats when Ill take you and the big boss seriously. Till then you are no different then sticky fingers, pure, or any1...

When I read a thread that says...Splat has learned....to go away! thats when Ill have a big smile on my face.

Steve Payne
Pfeiffer Margit

Both engineers on CD.

How about them for new names? As was Curt Cuomo who was the latest producer Axl worked with. Or what about Buckmaster's description of the song Prostitute? That's all new info.

If you google them you'll probably be able to find discographys which should confirm it.

But you can try these links for confirmation to:
Cuomo: http://kissnews.web-log.nl/archief/17/11/2004 (he didn't work with Child, that's misinformation).
Margit: http://www.sae.edu/graduates.php
Payne: http://www.interlog.com/~blitz2/cha_bio.htm

I guess, according to your criteria, we're reliable now?  Roll Eyes

I was right, you are a moron...
« Last Edit: February 20, 2005, 03:17:16 PM by gigger » Logged
reynics22
« Reply #1449 on: February 20, 2005, 03:45:37 PM »

i'm a big fan of the sp1at and the rumorboard.

good people.

and at least they actually try and track down facts, and they don't just post nonsense with no sources like stickyfingers.

sp1at, while they haven't unearthed the mysterious release date, i think they have contributed a lot more to my knowledge of the chinese democracy project than stickyfingers has.
TheRaven
Rocker

« Reply #1450 on: February 20, 2005, 03:50:49 PM »

Don't let them get to you Gig, we know all the work that goes on into making Sp1at a great site. They're probably just Yak haters.

Raven

Sp1at, a friendly place for Yaks Smiley
jimmythegent
Legend

Live!! From Burning Hills, Wellington...

« Reply #1451 on: February 20, 2005, 04:37:15 PM »

Sp1at has its merits and they make no bones about the fact they're a 'rumour' board. How many times does the dude have to explain/justify.
And the fact they are actively researching/inquiring known facts and even from time to time uncovering new tidbits is fine with me
Give them a break - they do no harm in the scheme of things

"Dive in and find the monkey!"
reynics22
« Reply #1452 on: February 20, 2005, 04:41:24 PM »

Sp1at has its merits and they make no bones about the fact they're a 'rumour' board. How many times does the dude have to explain/justify.
And the fact they are actively researching/inquiring known facts and even from time to time uncovering new tidbits is fine with me
Give them a break - they do no harm in the scheme of things
\

agreed 100%

gigger
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #1453 on: February 20, 2005, 06:31:13 PM »

It's good to see one or two people like the site!  rofl

There's always gonna be "haters" and that's fine. I don't mind when people criticise it constructively but the blatant hating is a bit pathetic if you ask me. We don't claim to present facts, we present rumours. If something is in the news section then it is noteworthy or has a very clear defined source but if something is in the rumours section then take it with a pinch of salt.

When the haters outweigh the fans then it's time to call it a day but at the moment I don't believe that's the case. From my point of view, I'm gonna start spending a lot of time looking for info on other bands other than Guns n Roses and trying to make the site a lot more general than it is at the moment.

What people have to appreciate is that no one has uncovered anything that major about Chinese Democracy in a very long time, it appears that the reigns are tighter than ever, people like Paul DeCarli, Roy Thomas Baker and Curt Cuomo are contracted to silence by very strong non-disclosure clauses in their contract and therefore won't talk about the work they have done on the album.

Personally, I find rumours entertaining and I think it's a good thing that there is a rumourboard rather than numerous rumours floating around all the Guns n Roses boards, HTGTH is a discussion board not a rumour board. If you want to read rumours then you know where to go, and myself and a number of others enjoy reading the rumours and will continue to do so despite the criticism coming from the "haters".

My advice to anyone who doesn't like the site is steer clear of it... That's the best way, and there are a number of times when info from the site gets posted here but not by myself or any of the other admins/mods on the site yet we get blamed for it and I find that frustrating. I have only ever posted news that the site has uncovered like the "This I Love"/"What Dreams May Come" info.

Your entitled to your opinion, but if you can't back it up with a coherant argument then it is worthless in my opinion.

Anyway, let's hope for a 2005 release for the album, I happen to believe a mid-year release is the current aim for the record company and management, whether Axl agrees is a different matter. It's a more active time for the band now then it has been for a long time, it's no surprise that Stinson is staying on the West Coast of America for the next few months in my opinion. But, hey, plans change with Guns n Roses, Dave Dominguez recently said that when he started working on the album in 1998 that the plan was to release it in 7 months. 7 years later we're still waiting, but for me it's part of the fun. I hope Axl gets searching for the "mythical perfection" (to quote Behind the Music) because after all this time releasing an average album simply wouldn't satisfy me.

Stay positive is my advice, and keep loving the Yaks!

Take it easy,
Gig  Cool
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1454 on: February 20, 2005, 06:39:35 PM »

It made Blabbermouth:

GUNS N' 'ROSES: April Release 'Unlikely' For 'Chinese Democracy' - Feb. 20, 2005 

Despite the fact that HMV Records announced on a recent in-store flyer that the new GUNS N' ROSES album, "Chinese Democracy", would be coming out on April 25, a publicist at Geffen Records (the group's record label) told Splat that he was pretty sure that was not going to happen. In addition, Lisa Reed, wife of GUNS N' ROSES keyboardist Dizzy Reed, reportedly stated that it was "unlikely" the album would make this release date.

"Chinese Democracy" will feature the band's first new music since "Oh My God", the group's contribution to the soundtrack to the 1999 movie "End of Days".

GUNS N' ROSES' last studio album was a covers CD, "The Spaghetti Incident?", which was released in 1993. 

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Narcissa
Back In Black
Rocker

« Reply #1455 on: February 20, 2005, 06:56:58 PM »

HMV seem to be looking for more customers than Virgin.
Acquiesce
VIP

« Reply #1456 on: February 20, 2005, 07:04:30 PM »

That flyer is odd because of all the inaccuracies it contains. It looks like they just took a stab in the dark at many release dates for whatever reason.  They have the new Who album listed but that's not even finished.   Huh
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1457 on: February 20, 2005, 09:19:48 PM »

I think people who don't understand that this isn't sp1at, or whatever, and that we have rules are the real morons.

Personally I thought it was amusing how this thing went around the web and ended up on Blabbermouth.

It started here, went to other boards and then sp1at made a news story out of it. That then ended up on Blabbermouth and I posted it in this thread.  hihi

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
erose
Legend

Live ?!'@ Like A Suicide

« Reply #1458 on: February 20, 2005, 09:39:02 PM »

I think people who don't understand that this isn't sp1at, or whatever, and that we have rules are the real morons.

Personally I thought it was amusing how this thing went around the web and ended up on Blabbermouth.

It started here, went to other boards and then sp1at made a news story out of it. That then ended up on Blabbermouth and I posted it in this thread.? hihi

/jarmo

that really says alot of blabber...

i thought they were atleast semi serious confused

victory or death

even if it costs ?9.50
GNFNRAXL
« Reply #1459 on: February 21, 2005, 01:05:17 AM »

Hmmmm!!!!? So a lot of people don't appreciate the rumours on sp1at.com? I can respect that.? Personnaly I LOVE the sp1at site.? It is one of the best.? I don't get why people blast it and then go visit the site.? My take is if you like it, then visit it and enjoy.? If you don't like it then don't go.? There are things here that I don't like or certain people here that I don't agree at all with everything they say.? And what do I do?? The things I don't like I don't read and if there is someone that I don't like generally what they say I don't read them.? Does it mean that this site is no good?? Not at all.? I LOVE HTGTH!!!!!? Come here everyday.? Instead of bashing the moderators at sp1at ignore them.? Don't go, don't talk about em or worry about em.? That way no one gets hurt.? In the end we all want the same thing anyways and that is to CD to come out.
Pages: 1 ... 71 72 [73] 74 75 ... 374 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: