Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 23, 2024, 03:25:08 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228496 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  The CD release date rumor / speculation thread
Pages: 1 ... 69 70 [71] 72 73 ... 374 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The CD release date rumor / speculation thread  (Read 642597 times)
Jonx
VIP

Mad At Nascar

« Reply #1400 on: February 19, 2005, 05:18:57 PM »

If anyone can get a response from Merck on this then we can be pretty sure that something is happening.

Guess we will just have to wait until monday!!

Jonx
fife flyer
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #1401 on: February 19, 2005, 05:22:35 PM »

Well said Jarmo to many people on gnr boards shoot posters down without giving the benefit of the doubt.people should remember we are all gnr/old and new fans.we are all waiting for the same cd.lets support gnr and show the music biz that gnr fans are the best in the world.ps great work to the admin at all gnr boards. ok
reynics22
« Reply #1402 on: February 19, 2005, 05:22:42 PM »

i've turned the image around and edited it and put it up here

i left the credit and all, this is for low bandwidth or 800x600 resolution users who might want to save it on their computer

thanks so much x_estranged_x for scanning this, if you want to use this link anywhere feel free to use my bandwidth instead

Pandora
Collector extraordinaire
Legend

« Reply #1403 on: February 19, 2005, 05:36:33 PM »

Aren't publishing companies the ones who deal with radio air play royalties? That has a lot to do with promotion.

Promotion is mainly sending the album to the media (radio stations, magazines), setting up interviews, buying advertising space, etc. Although movie soundtracks can give a band some exposure, I don't think it can be strictly considered part of a promotional campaign.
Fact is GN'R is not signed to an indie label and they will be depend on Universal's marketing scheme once the album is released.

Got my attitude and my shiny shoes.....
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #1404 on: February 19, 2005, 05:54:07 PM »

Cheesy thanks reynics22, x_estranged_x and everyone for the info.
so now could be, here comes
GAME OVER.... this soon?
It was quick....tut!
reynics22
« Reply #1405 on: February 19, 2005, 05:55:22 PM »

ah don't thank me, thank Graciela and x_Estranged_x

i merely resized it

POPmetal
« Reply #1406 on: February 19, 2005, 05:58:04 PM »

Aren't publishing companies the ones who deal with radio air play royalties? That has a lot to do with promotion.

Promotion is mainly sending the album to the media (radio stations, magazines), setting up interviews, buying advertising space, etc. Although movie soundtracks can give a band some exposure, I don't think it can be strictly considered part of a promotional campaign.
Fact is GN'R is not signed to an indie label and they will be depend on Universal's marketing scheme once the album is released.

Every signed band gets their album send to the media. It takes a lot more than that to convince stations to then play the singles. Anyway, I hope different type of people at Universal are taking care of gn'r than are taking care of Bon Jovi and Def Leppard (who are on Island Def Jam, which like Geffen, is a Universal daughter company), because they got the promotion of their last albums completely screwed up and the best songs on their albums were prevented from being released as singles by the record company.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2005, 06:14:11 PM by POPmetal » Logged
providman
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #1407 on: February 19, 2005, 06:19:21 PM »

well, that flyer also says weezer is releasing their album on the same day, & the official weezer web site doesn't have a date, all they say is single late march, album sometime in May, & they're pretty good at keeping their fans informed & up to date.
grumpy young man
Opening Act

Your sense isn't making any...

« Reply #1408 on: February 19, 2005, 07:44:40 PM »

Nine Inch Nails is coming out the first week of May not April, so there's at least one error in that list...
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #1409 on: February 19, 2005, 07:55:50 PM »

Nine Inch Nails is coming out the first week of May not April,

in UK?
i merely resized it
still it's nice of you.

Cheers Jarmo, Martyn and Detective Graciela!
estranged.1098
« Reply #1410 on: February 19, 2005, 09:22:57 PM »

Tommy did say they're hoping for a late Spring release...
AxlFink
VIP

thelesserkings.com

« Reply #1411 on: February 19, 2005, 09:54:26 PM »

this made me so fucking happy!  soon has to be the word now!
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1412 on: February 19, 2005, 09:55:43 PM »

this made me so fucking happy!? soon has to be the word now!

I suggest you calm down.....  ok

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
AxlFink
VIP

thelesserkings.com

« Reply #1413 on: February 19, 2005, 10:00:27 PM »

its hard to.  we've all been waiting too long.  even if this is all bullshit let me have one night to be happy!  plus I really wabt the 100 bucks from the bet I made with my bass player!  Time to light up now!  peace
dboyd13
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #1414 on: February 20, 2005, 12:36:21 AM »

This is a guess by this record store!!!!  They already have several mistakes in this flyer.  This means nothing to Gun's Fans.  Unless "Uncle Axl" speaks, some European Record Shop will not have a scoop about a release date!  The wait continues!  I will keep waiting though.
BaDoBsEsSiOn418
Rocker

Yowza!

« Reply #1415 on: February 20, 2005, 01:20:19 AM »

even when Uncle Axl does speak, even THAT doesn't guarantee anything.  I think a scan from a magazine is as valid of a release date than anything Axl Rose says. 

Why's everybody so obsessed with the album?  Can't you just be happy that Axl gets to hang out with rich fashion designers? -MotherGooseLuvR
Slashisthebest
Headliner

Best Record Ever Made, Plain and Simple!

« Reply #1416 on: February 20, 2005, 01:21:28 AM »

There is a God! ?Wow sweet list too. ?New Oasis, QOTSA, Deftones, Foo Fighters, and above all else CHINESE DEMOCRACY - GUNS N FUCKING ROSES! - April 25. ?AHHAHAHAHAHAH.

All I can think to say is THANK YOU GOD!

Top Hat + Bottle of Jack + Les Paul + Marshall Jubilee Stack = Slash
POPmetal
« Reply #1417 on: February 20, 2005, 01:28:33 AM »

even when Uncle Axl does speak, even THAT doesn't guarantee anything.? I think a scan from a magazine is as valid of a release date than anything Axl Rose says.?

yeah, I mean, didn't he release a statement about a year ago about how Buckethead had left but he hopes "to announce a release date within the next few months." It's been 11 months and nothing. 11 months is way over even the most liberal of definitions of "few."

People are getting worked up over nothing. April 25 will come and go, and the day after, all of you will be whining that nothing happened, again. It's not the first time a music store has posted a release date for Chinese Democracy.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2005, 01:30:33 AM by POPmetal » Logged
jimmythegent
Legend

Live!! From Burning Hills, Wellington...

« Reply #1418 on: February 20, 2005, 01:39:56 AM »

HMV are wuite a large reputable record chain are they not? It seems odd that theyve stated a specific date, im a little skeptical, i do think its coming soon though...

"Dive in and find the monkey!"
estranged.1098
« Reply #1419 on: February 20, 2005, 02:22:44 AM »

even when Uncle Axl does speak, even THAT doesn't guarantee anything.  I think a scan from a magazine is as valid of a release date than anything Axl Rose says. 

yeah, I mean, didn't he release a statement about a year ago about how Buckethead had left but he hopes "to announce a release date within the next few months." It's been 11 months and nothing. 11 months is way over even the most liberal of definitions of "few."

Yeah, he was hoping to announce it. Hopefully he will announce it shortly.

People are getting worked up over nothing. April 25 will come and go, and the day after, all of you will be whining that nothing happened, again. It's not the first time a music store has posted a release date for Chinese Democracy.

Correct...
Pages: 1 ... 69 70 [71] 72 73 ... 374 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: