Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 23, 2024, 01:23:51 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228496 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  The CD release date rumor / speculation thread
Pages: 1 ... 68 69 [70] 71 72 ... 374 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The CD release date rumor / speculation thread  (Read 642533 times)
reynics22
« Reply #1380 on: February 19, 2005, 01:50:24 PM »

do they have these HMV stores in the US? i've heard of them, but i think it was only when i was on vacation.

if anyone lives in the nyc area and knows specifically where one is, please let me know.

otherwise i'll be googling it.

Graciela, thanks for going down to the store and getting the flyer Smiley sure made my weekend
reynics22
« Reply #1381 on: February 19, 2005, 02:00:31 PM »

weird, all the numbers i got don't work,

http://www.cityinsights.com/nyhmv.htm

does hmv even exist in the US anymore?
reynics22
« Reply #1382 on: February 19, 2005, 02:13:24 PM »

how do i call england from my cell phone  Huh
gigger
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #1383 on: February 19, 2005, 02:26:19 PM »

how do i call england from my cell phone? Huh

You put in 0044 and then take off the first 0 of the telephone number. So if the number was 0208 4356752 (in the UK) then you'd dial 0044 208 4356752.

That's just a random number by the way.

Bare in mind it's 7.30pm on a Saturday here. Most places will be closed!
reynics22
« Reply #1384 on: February 19, 2005, 02:31:25 PM »

thanks. yeah, i never even though of the time difference
RnT
Legend

Every saint has a past, every sinner has a future.

« Reply #1385 on: February 19, 2005, 03:49:37 PM »

One word: MYSTERON

Coma flashback: "Wheeeeere aaaaare youuuuuuu.... ??"

reynics22
« Reply #1386 on: February 19, 2005, 03:59:27 PM »

you know how when you look at a website, if you click "view info" it tells you when the page was created and then when it expires?

what exactly does it mean "expire"

Friday, April 22, 2005 7:23:58 PM

that's when gnronline.com's mainframe says it expires, but what the hell does that mean, expire?
reynics22
« Reply #1387 on: February 19, 2005, 04:02:24 PM »

yeah i was just trying to figure out some dreamy way that this would fit with this rumor.

but the images and such have expiration dates much further in the future, so i'm guessing expire means nothing

Wooody
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #1388 on: February 19, 2005, 04:04:04 PM »

you know how when you look at a website, if you click "view info" it tells you when the page was created and then when it expires?

what exactly does it mean "expire"

Friday, April 22, 2005 7:23:58 PM

that's when gnronline.com's mainframe says it expires, but what the hell does that mean, expire?

To emit the last breath; to breathe out the life; to die;
 ? as, to expire calmly; to expire in agony.

To come to an end; to cease; to terminate; to perish; to
 ? become extinct; as, the flame expired; his lease expires
 ? to-day; the month expired on Saturday

Just use your head and in the end you'll find your inspiration.
reynics22
« Reply #1389 on: February 19, 2005, 04:05:49 PM »

yeah man i meant in "internet" sense

hehe

Sticky Fingers
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #1390 on: February 19, 2005, 04:18:09 PM »

Chinese Democracy WILL be released before the second half of 2005...
POPmetal
« Reply #1391 on: February 19, 2005, 04:19:30 PM »

It's weird, I don't feel any exitation anymore for CD. Undecided

I'm starting to feel the same way. At this point, there's little that can make up for such a long delay. i mean, music can only be so good. And if the album is amazing, that only means it will flop commercially because the music industry doesn't like artists who don't conform to their standard of mediocrity. It's like in the movie The Incredibles, where supper heros are banished and mediocrity is championed so that less talented people would not feel bad about their "shortcomings." That's what we have in our communist music industry. Talented guitarists and singers with unique voices are sneered upon in favor of the generic singers and average guitar players. Just look at what Velvet Revolver had to do with Contraband. It's a good album, but it's nowhere near the potential of the band members involved. Of course, had they made the best album they can, it would have never got the major label promotion and critical response that it did. I hope that Axl's deal with the independent Sanctuary means that he plans to fight the reign of the "big 5" and will not tame his voice or make plain music in order to get promotion. If the delays were indeed legal ones, to allow Axl to release the album as he wants it, then I'd say the wait is worth it. In the end, I'd rather see a less successful great album than a successful mediocre one.

Sticky Fingers
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #1392 on: February 19, 2005, 04:26:14 PM »

It's weird, I don't feel any exitation anymore for CD. Undecided

I'm starting to feel the same way. At this point, there's little that can make up for such a long delay. i mean, music can only be so good. And if the album is amazing, that only means it will flop commercially because the music industry doesn't like artists who don't conform to their standard of mediocrity. It's like in the movie The Incredibles, where supper heros are banished and mediocrity is championed so that less talented people would not feel bad about their "shortcomings." That's what we have in our communist music industry. Talented guitarists and singers with unique voices are sneered upon in favor of the generic singers and average guitar players. Just look at what Velvet Revolver had to do with Contraband. It's a good album, but it's nowhere near the potential of the band members involved. Of course, had they made the best album they can, it would have never got the major label promotion and critical response that it did. I hope that Axl's deal with the independent Sanctuary means that he plans to fight the reign of the "big 5" and will not tame his voice or make plain music in order to get promotion. If the delays were indeed legal ones, to allow Axl to release the album as he wants it, then I'd say the wait is worth it. In the end, I'd rather see a less successful great album than a successful mediocre one.

Contraband has its moments. Slash and Duff lack Axl and Izzy's melodic capabilities (the heart of Guns N' Roses), which Weiland tries to match but fails. They are good musical reactors but lack direction.
Pandora
Collector extraordinaire
Legend

« Reply #1393 on: February 19, 2005, 04:27:57 PM »

I hope that Axl's deal with the independent Sanctuary means that he plans to fight the reign of the "big 5" and will not tame his voice or make plain music in order to get promotion.

Once again, Axl didn't sign a deal with Sanctuary Records, but with Sanctuary Music Publishing. They will have nothing to do with the promotion of CD once it's released.
Guns N' Roses are still signed to Universal Records.

Got my attitude and my shiny shoes.....
Wooody
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #1394 on: February 19, 2005, 04:29:29 PM »

Chinese Democracy WILL be released before the second half of 2005...

shut the hell up.

Ok I remember reading about GN'R shooting a video in a school in L.A about 2, 2 1/2 years ago. It said they were shooting it Chinese Democracy.

So can any shine some light on this for me please?

Stay tuned to GNR Online during these next few weeks.

stinky fingers should be banned.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2005, 04:33:56 PM by Wooody » Logged

Just use your head and in the end you'll find your inspiration.
POPmetal
« Reply #1395 on: February 19, 2005, 04:37:36 PM »

Contraband has its moments. Slash and Duff lack Axl and Izzy's melodic capabilities (the heart of Guns N' Roses), which Weiland tries to match but fails. They are good musical reactors but lack direction.

Yes, it does, but it doesn't live up to the potential the members of VR have.
POPmetal
« Reply #1396 on: February 19, 2005, 04:41:09 PM »

I hope that Axl's deal with the independent Sanctuary means that he plans to fight the reign of the "big 5" and will not tame his voice or make plain music in order to get promotion.

Once again, Axl didn't sign a deal with Sanctuary Records, but with Sanctuary Music Publishing. They will have nothing to do with the promotion of CD once it's released.
Guns N' Roses are still signed to Universal Records.

Aren't publishing companies the ones who deal with radio air play royalties? That has a lot to do with promotion.

According to the times article
Sanctuary said that it did expect to generate about ?50 million from exploiting Guns N? Roses hits through film soundtracks, cover versions and their use in advertisements.
Use in advertisements and soundtracks also has a lot to do with promotion
« Last Edit: February 19, 2005, 04:46:32 PM by POPmetal » Logged
x_estranged_x
« Reply #1397 on: February 19, 2005, 05:06:24 PM »

Hey guys.

I've posted the HMV booklet on mygnr.

http://www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?showtopic=32625&st=30

Am i allowed to link to another forum?

I don't care,

Enjoy!

R.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1398 on: February 19, 2005, 05:16:14 PM »

As you can see, not everybody who says they have a flyer, but can't post a scan right away, is a liar.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
StoneTempleRoses
Rocker

Axl Was Here

« Reply #1399 on: February 19, 2005, 05:18:23 PM »

Thats great!!! I bet it is comming out, Id even go for  Chinese Democracy Starts Now  peace

StoneTempleRoses beer

Pages: 1 ... 68 69 [70] 71 72 ... 374 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: