Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 23, 2024, 11:26:10 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228494 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  The CD release date rumor / speculation thread
Pages: 1 ... 66 67 [68] 69 70 ... 374 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The CD release date rumor / speculation thread  (Read 642437 times)
AxlFink
VIP

thelesserkings.com

« Reply #1340 on: February 16, 2005, 03:01:06 AM »

well its good to know someone else is in axls corner!    beer
Gazzathecoigne
Opening Act

Mad, mental, manic Scotsman!

« Reply #1341 on: February 16, 2005, 03:05:58 AM »

AxlFink, if it makes you feel better I made a bet with a co-worker that a release date would be announced by March 31st. I think the odds are more against me than you.lol Of course, my bet was only $10 Smiley

Raven

Well I hope you'r right Raven, and an anouncement is in the pipe line?  "Come on Axl....get the finger out!!  We still beleive in you!!"

"Smoke em if you got em...........alright that sucked!"
madagas
« Reply #1342 on: February 16, 2005, 12:14:58 PM »

Not that I remotely believe the album will be released in April, but it is not too late to make an announcement for April as evidenced by Bruce Springsteen setting his release date and tracklisting today for an April 26th date. He is a pretty big artist and that is just a timeframe of slightly over two months. Undecided
youngerformofaxl
« Reply #1343 on: February 16, 2005, 01:29:11 PM »

Nah, I'd rather it come out on July 5th, 2005, like that rumor said. Cause my birthday is on the 4th.
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #1344 on: February 16, 2005, 03:10:59 PM »

Nah, I'd rather it come out on July 5th, 2005, like that rumor said. Cause my birthday is on the 4th.
Don't you have enough money to buy it before your birthday?  Tongue

POPmetal
« Reply #1345 on: February 16, 2005, 03:16:56 PM »

That's a bad week for releasing albums. CD sales slump around the holiday, so record companies hold off major releases. That said, if Chinese Democracy was to be released on July 5th, it would almost certainly debut at #1 just from die hard fans buying it.
gigger
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #1346 on: February 16, 2005, 04:48:13 PM »

It's coming... Just keep the faith!

I'd actually say that this summer is quite difficult to release in. Coldplay are rumoured to be aiming for 23rd May and Oasis are scheduled for 16th May and certainly in Europe they are gonna take a lot of the exposure, and Coldplay are expected to really be going for the US with this new album.

There's also NIN (May), Audioslave (June), Weezer (May), SOAD (probably August/September), Foo Fighters (June/July), QOTSA, Joe Perry and potentially Pearl Jam.

It's a hectic summer schedule already. But I think it's gonna be this summer.
Vicious Wishes
VIP

Madam in Eden im Adam

« Reply #1347 on: February 16, 2005, 05:00:03 PM »

It's a hectic summer schedule already. But I think it's gonna be this summer.
I wish I had your optimism. I guess I've just been waiting too long.

We're not human beings going through a temporary spiritual experience, we're spiritual beings going through a temporary human experience.
POPmetal
« Reply #1348 on: February 16, 2005, 06:01:34 PM »

If they are looking for a time where there won't be much competition, it's never gonna come out.

Isn't it a sad world we're living in when a release from Guns N' Roses is actually NOT favored to trounce  any competition from the likes of Coldplay, Audioslave, etc. Not that I have anything against these bands, but Guns N' Roses were the biggest band in the whole fuckin' world at one point. How times change hihi
Walapino
VIP

Double Talkin Jive Motherfucker!

« Reply #1349 on: February 16, 2005, 11:44:04 PM »

What do you expect, its been almost 15 years since TSI? came out.
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #1350 on: February 17, 2005, 09:50:53 AM »

What do you expect, its been almost 15 years since TSI? came out.

well, atleast 10

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #1351 on: February 17, 2005, 10:27:47 AM »

Update

It's 11 million not 13 according to the latest.
It's been only several years since the current band was formed.(one missing  Undecided)

roxxi
Opening Act

« Reply #1352 on: February 17, 2005, 03:15:37 PM »

Not that I remotely believe the album will be released in April, but it is not too late to make an announcement for April as evidenced by Bruce Springsteen setting his release date and tracklisting today for an April 26th date. He is a pretty big artist and that is just a timeframe of slightly over two months. Undecided

Yeah! That was a big suprise! At least for me it was, I didn't expect that!
 Kiss beer  Kiss
madagas
« Reply #1353 on: February 17, 2005, 03:42:55 PM »

Ppbebe, it is 13 million according to article in Billboard on 3-16-04:  "Geffen officials had no further comment on the dispute. But a source familiar with the situation said the label has been waiting seven years for Rose to deliver "Chinese Democracy" and has poured $13 million into production of that album after repeated promises that he was about to finish the project.

"Every year there's been a new reason why Axl is not done with the record," the source told Reuters, adding that Geffen went ahead with the greatest-hits package only because Rose failed to come through with "Chinese Democracy." "Had he delivered this record like he promised seven years ago, this would not be happening right now."

A representative for Rose was not immediately available for comment." Grin

ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #1354 on: February 17, 2005, 04:12:16 PM »

Yeah madagas.
but that Reuters one was last March and from an anonymous source. fishy.
"Geffen officials had no further comment on the dispute. But a source familiar with the situation....."

The time article as recent as the end of last month, said it?s ?6 million =$11. Though The time didn't source it but affirmed to it. So for the time being, it more likely to be $11million.
madagas
« Reply #1355 on: February 17, 2005, 04:17:26 PM »

Billboard is a pretty reputable music site. I don't think they would have printed it had it not been true. You are an observant little cookie though. Grin  Details...details...
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #1356 on: February 17, 2005, 05:12:15 PM »

Oops my s. It's The Times, a British paper, you know. It's supposed to be very accurate.  the Guardian might say otherwise.  Tongue
Check them out  mate.
Long     http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=18461.100
and
Short    http://www.queenonline.com/news_item.php?article=1443192  thanks to steve n Christos AG
madagas
« Reply #1357 on: February 18, 2005, 08:39:07 AM »

I have to question the Times-1. "has cost other labels"-no, it is only one label-Geffen. 2. "has seen off eight producers"-completely wrong. I only count maybe 3-4. Beaven, Baker, maybe Moby, and who else?? I am just nitpicking but my guess is that it is more than 13 million now!
gigger
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #1358 on: February 18, 2005, 09:45:11 AM »

Including Axl I can name 7 producers who have supposedly worked on the album:

Curt Cuomo (2004)
Axl Rose
Sean Beavan
Roy Thomas Baker (until 2002)
Youth (rumoured)
Moby (early years)
Mike Clink (early years)

Tom Lord-Alge is a name that has been mentioned recently also and of course Nas was mentioned at one stage in the late 90s.

Plus all these people have probably worked on the album in some form or another:

Billy Howerdel (Engineer) (early years)
Dave Dominguez (Engineer) (early years)
Critter (Pro Tools/Engineer) (up until 2002?)
Caram Costanzo (Engineer) (2003/4)
Dan Monti (Assistant to Caram Costanzo) (2003/4)
Eric Caudieux (Pro Tools) (2003/4)
Steve Payne (Engineer) (2002)
Pfeiffer Margit (Engineer) (?)
Bob Ezrin (A&R) (?)
Paul DeCarli (Digital Editing) (200?)
Stuart White (worked on the production of Oh My God) (1999?)
Paul Buckmaster (Arrangements - Prostitute, There was a Time, Madagascar, The Blues) (2003?)
Marco Beltrami (Arrangements - General, Seven, Thyme, Leave Me Alone) (2003?)
Howard Karp (worked on This I Love) (2000)

So as you can see the Times could have picked off any of this list and confused them as producers.

The dates I mentioned are estimates...

I think when they mention "other labels" they are meaning "other labels" as in Geffen rather than Sanctuary (who they were talking about at the beginning of the sentence).

The thing with CD is that no one really knows what has gone on and won't do until it's released if we ever really find out.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2005, 09:50:47 AM by gigger » Logged
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #1359 on: February 18, 2005, 11:15:35 AM »

Tom Lord-Alge is a name that has been mentioned recently
He was definetly with the band and worked with them for atleast 2 or 3 yrs

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
Pages: 1 ... 66 67 [68] 69 70 ... 374 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: