Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 23, 2024, 09:31:23 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228492 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  The CD release date rumor / speculation thread
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 ... 374 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The CD release date rumor / speculation thread  (Read 642377 times)
SlashHudson1
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #1280 on: January 23, 2005, 11:48:12 PM »

I have a few things I'd like to say about Chinese Democracy. I reckon the whole delays thing started out as an illogical process - caused by the breakup of the old (real) band, Axl's 'creativity problems', and the label's conviction that the whole thing was going nowhere. By now it's become a LOGICAL process - that is, a marketing strategy designed to whip up interest ahead of release. It strikes me, you see, that there's been a huge build-up of interest in the past 12 months, which have totally changed the situation: the Greatest Hits, VR, Axl's unexpected apprearance in GTA. Consequently, there has been huge coverage - unprecendent for a band that's basically done nothing for 10 years. Here in the UK, every almost major rock music magazine has had a GNR article in the last six months - even the Beatles don't get that kind of coverage. And there was even a picture of Axl on page 3 of the London Times, anticipating a 2005 release.

Of course, if I'm right, and the whole thing's become a way of building anticipation, then the album must be coming out at some point. Which is obvious really, 'cause we all know it actually exists. But what changed things was the massive success of Greatest Hits - since this as shown how well any new material would sell. Now, in other words, Geffen (or whatever they're called) actually have a motivation to get the thing out. Before, it was a risky project, and I guess the onlt reason Geffen kept Axl on was the profits from AfD could cover his studio costs. but a success is cast-iron certain. Before, based on the lacklusture sales of Live Era, and the new band's erratic concert reliability, the signs of a major profit were hidden; now it's worth pursuing Axl and making him finish the album. Ironically VR have raised his profile too: even in mutual contempt, he and Slash's careers are locked together.

So if it's coming out, it HAS to be this year: public awareness is at the highest for a decade (more even that for the live shows), the material has been recorded, the record company knows it will sell big-time: in other words, all the pieces are in place. Leaving it longer would be pointless: 2006 would push public awareness, and board-room patience down again.

Don't expect a tour though: that's another matter.

Everything said there I believe to be true, except that I'm expecting a tour. ok
R. R. Dadfield
« Reply #1281 on: January 24, 2005, 04:37:19 PM »

Everything said there I believe to be true, except that I'm expecting a tour. ok

The reason I'm not sure about a tour is because I don't think the organisational capacity exists in GNR for that level of rigour.  Axl's still too unstable, and the band still too fluid.  And there're still missing a guitarist - unless Robin's been learning Buckethead's parts for the last nine months.  So the tour would, in my view, be a massive surpise:  unless a new guitarist's been hired on the quiet - which I doubt.
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #1282 on: January 24, 2005, 05:46:50 PM »

huh! well, I choose to belive more in Tommy`s words, than the words of the guy  Roll Eyes  <---
Sooo.. Yes, there will be a tour, anything else is nonesence yes

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
grog mug
Legend

« Reply #1283 on: January 26, 2005, 12:25:04 AM »

I really don't think Tommy knows when the album will be released.  He just feels like it's soon, because as each day passes that's one day closer to CD.  So I guess we can all say the landing pad is near!
norway
What if Axl?s name was skogsal...
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #1284 on: January 26, 2005, 10:51:05 AM »

i agree with the thrid sentence frog mug ?Wink

Here 2day gone insane coffee

Quote from: Wooody
Burgers can be songs, they don't know who to credit?
Quote from: ppbebe
hi you got 2 twats right?
RnT
Legend

Every saint has a past, every sinner has a future.

« Reply #1285 on: January 27, 2005, 07:27:47 AM »

This "rumor" is spreading fast
I saw in a lot of sites and foruns around the globe that too

http://www.89fm.com.br/notas/?12903

"... Guns n roses made a important anouncement.
No, the band is not gone and not changed any members this time. The news is that them will release the Chinese Democracy Record in APRIL! That?s what Bassist?sTommy Stinson said.
..."

this is a important site of one of the best Rock n Roll radio station here in Brazil.

so, April is for real or not ?!?!

norway
What if Axl?s name was skogsal...
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #1286 on: January 27, 2005, 07:31:59 AM »

and a nice touch to this could be that a no-fan told me that:
 "hey, i heard gnr gonna release a new album in april, thought you'd find it intresting"? Grin
« Last Edit: January 27, 2005, 07:34:04 AM by norway » Logged

Here 2day gone insane coffee

Quote from: Wooody
Burgers can be songs, they don't know who to credit?
Quote from: ppbebe
hi you got 2 twats right?
Philly Rose
Crazy AND German
Headliner

« Reply #1287 on: January 27, 2005, 07:33:42 AM »

I am thinking April; but I am believing this Lips Sealed
April sounds so great since we are all waiting for years. The wait has to be over soon 
                                                  love

Forget about me. You can't tell me.
RnT
Legend

Every saint has a past, every sinner has a future.

« Reply #1288 on: January 27, 2005, 07:44:50 AM »

But Tommy said APRIL from his "inside knowledge" from the GNR camp?? or was just a damn journalist making news... ?

leesixxrose
Banned
VIP

I love Kiki

« Reply #1289 on: January 27, 2005, 07:52:42 AM »

they probably got the rumor from a site like this..... I can remember in 2001 when MTV Brazil was reporting a release date and buckethead leaving... ?any south american site that reports anything should be taken with a grain of salt...

I have a feeling that when May comes and nothing happens that we will see a bunch of threads that say

"Tommy Stinson is a fucking liar" ....
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #1290 on: January 27, 2005, 08:09:29 AM »

I hear it?s also listed in Mojo magazine as an April new release.  But the date is usually unstable. Maybe April, Maybe May.
I don?t know.

hihi I have a strong feeling that some ppl owe Tommy an apology or two all in good time.  rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl
Scabbie
Legend

Time is relative

« Reply #1291 on: January 27, 2005, 09:32:49 AM »

Hopefully Tommy will open up a little now; maybe he can confirm that this (publishing) deal was the reason for the delay, or that this is the start of bigger and better things to come.

Here today...ready to rock
GnRNightrain
« Reply #1292 on: January 27, 2005, 10:00:47 PM »

keep dreaming folks hihi
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #1293 on: January 28, 2005, 08:57:12 AM »

keep dreaming folks hihi
Are you that Nightrain who resides in the Jungle? Wow! Shocked
Maybe you should come out from your jungle more often to see what the game is.
R. R. Dadfield
« Reply #1294 on: January 28, 2005, 07:26:37 PM »

keep dreaming folks hihi

What does this mean?  You don't think it's coming out?  Explain yourself, cynic!
GnRNightrain
« Reply #1295 on: January 28, 2005, 08:18:39 PM »

keep dreaming folks hihi

What does this mean?? You don't think it's coming out?? Explain yourself, cynic!
At one time I was as hopeful as all of you.  Then I spent 4 years waiting for it.  At that time they had a full group and were actually doing shows.  We havent heard from them in over two years.  Yet every year we have these predictions of a few months we will get "big news."  It is funny to read it.  You know how many people have come and gone from this board with the same hopes as you with even more of a reason to think that it was coming out soon then the current information suggests?  Quite a few.  Remain optimistic though!  I, however, will remain a little cynical.   
dnice
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #1296 on: January 28, 2005, 10:20:10 PM »

Hi all,

MY 2 bits on the CD release.? If the stuff I've read about concerning Axl being heavly influenced by Astrology is true, then I would wager this to be the year.? I wouldn't put it past Axl to have New GNR play a show on his birthday.? Would it be the Super Bowl?? I dunno, but not far fetched.? ?Astrology, Numerology go almost hand in hand, and it seems to me that Axl could be lineing things up to favor his astrological and numerological strengths. Things like his birthday come into play as well as the year, 2005, which in numerology equates to a 7.? Apparently a number of important significance in that world.? This being considered the Age of Aquarius by those in the world of astrology.

This is just a theory of course, but it's a hunch I have due to the fact or supposed fact should I say, that Axl is heavly into this stuff and that all the stuff mentioned above seems to be ideal for a person into such things.

Personally I hope Axl is not caught up into this New Age stuff, but I have my doubts.
POPmetal
« Reply #1297 on: January 28, 2005, 10:33:14 PM »

If that's so, let's hope he hasn't now gotten into Haruspicy.
Pingouirose
Rocker

Here I Am !

« Reply #1298 on: January 29, 2005, 07:06:20 AM »

Yeah thanks. And it's also the year of his birthday? nervous beer
« Last Edit: January 29, 2005, 07:12:06 AM by Pingouirose » Logged
Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #1299 on: January 29, 2005, 07:16:02 AM »