Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 23, 2024, 05:12:05 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228492 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  The CD release date rumor / speculation thread
Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 63 ... 374 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The CD release date rumor / speculation thread  (Read 642152 times)
Scabbie
Legend

Time is relative

« Reply #1200 on: January 06, 2005, 12:52:39 PM »

Chinese Democracy is mentioned in an article about album releases in 2005 in Swedish newspaper Expressen.

It says (translated from Swedish):

July-December
Will 2005 be the year when the longest running joke in the history of mankind, Guns N' Roses' follow-up to the Use Your Illusion albums is released? Maybe. It has been postponed a whole lifetime. Funnily enough Trent Reznor and his Nine Inch Nails, the band whose albums supposedly broke Axl Rose's self confidence, are also making a comeback.

/jarmo

It is also mentioned in this weeks Kerrang as one of the top 50 expected albums for 2005. I can post the article if you like although it doesn't say anything new

Here today...ready to rock
Wooody
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #1201 on: January 06, 2005, 12:57:27 PM »

Chinese Democracy is mentioned in an article about album releases in 2005 in Swedish newspaper Expressen.

July-December
Will 2005 be the year when the longest running joke in the history of mankind, Guns N' Roses' follow-up to the Use Your Illusion albums is released? Maybe. It has been postponed a whole lifetime. Funnily enough Trent Reznor and his Nine Inch Nails, the band whose albums supposedly broke Axl Rose's self confidence, are also making a comeback.

/jarmo

It is also mentioned in this weeks Kerrang as one of the top 50 expected albums for 2005. I can post the article if you like although it doesn't say anything new

that would be cool ! Please ! Knock yourself out !
although I can't imagine another album more expected than CHIDEM. Who got the number 1 spot ?

Just use your head and in the end you'll find your inspiration.
blues rocker
Banned
Rocker

ANGUS YOUNG - AC/DC

« Reply #1202 on: January 06, 2005, 05:05:33 PM »

ts from mygnr.com and the poster is shankroidbeast

First off this is JUST a rumor, so take it with a grain of salt. I have a lot of clients who are attorneys. Today I was bullshitting with a guy and he had just got his kid a Playstation 2 for Christmas and we were talking about the release of Grand Turismo 4 (which for those who don?t know is one of the most highly anticipated games out there and has been perpetually delayed ? sound familiar?) Anyway we were talking about the delay and he said something along the lines of ?I guess we?ll see that before Chinese Democracy? (the game is due in February) Of course this peaked my interest. He was a big GNR fan. We talked about all of the crap going on, the concert for the 2002 tour (we were at the same one) and so on. He then said he had some "inside" information. He had moved here from California a few years ago and knows people in the business back there. A friend of his is a contract lawyer for Interscope and a fan as well. He said that even top management are in the dark about CD. They have had a few meetings (management), but Axl rarely showed up for them. They have heard a few songs off the album and said they were excellent. BTW he never left any media with anyone, he guards that stuff with his life they said. They still don?t know exactly how I.R.S was leaked, but from what he heard it was just a demo version anyway. He said it was almost impossible to talk to Axl directly, mainly playing phone tag and with faxes. They were told that it may be finished before Christmas, then February, and have not since heard anything for a date. Axl has not even given them a definite answer on the format of the album (one or two disks) But he said that the last time they saw Axl he did not have his braids and he was in great shape. It sounds like they are just waiting for the finished product which could come ?at any time?. And that ?The first single will be all the promotion this album will need?.
I plan on keeping in touch with this guy, and see if he knows anything in the future. I don?t think he was bullshitting, and I hope his friend wasn?t bullshitting him. Who knows? I?ll let you know if I hear anything more?
? ? ? ?

who gives a crap?...this tells us nothing...all it says is that no one knows what the hell is going on with the album...how is that news?  If anything, it's bad because it says that even interscope knows nothing about the album, and that axl doesn't show up for meetings...it just shows that no one is serious about releasing the album...what a joke
« Last Edit: January 06, 2005, 05:10:18 PM by blues rocker » Logged
POPmetal
« Reply #1203 on: January 06, 2005, 06:37:09 PM »

Guys, no braids?? nervous
Do you know what's the next haircut if he doesn't have braids.
Short hair no Something like punk haircut? Undecided

(If that's true of course)

not necessarly, those are braids, not dreads. There's no reason why chop everything off.
But a punk haircut sounds better than the braids.? ok

A punk hair cut would be pretty funny. I can already hear the "Axl pulled a Jani Lane" Metal Sludge jabs.
Dust N Rose
« Reply #1204 on: January 06, 2005, 07:17:30 PM »

Maybe punk haircut isn't that good idea. Long hair is a beliefe in Hard Rock/Heavy Metal.
Just remember Metallica in 1995 when Hetfield & Ulrich had their hair cut (plus a pop-like album). Half of their funs were dissapointed.
Dust N Rose
« Reply #1205 on: January 06, 2005, 07:23:17 PM »

That's the closest thing I could find of Axl having short hair (that's actually a pigtail).
metallex78
Legend

vicarious existance is a fucking waste of time

« Reply #1206 on: January 07, 2005, 03:36:28 AM »

Maybe punk haircut isn't that good idea. Long hair is a beliefe in Hard Rock/Heavy Metal.
Just remember Metallica in 1995 when Hetfield & Ulrich had their hair cut (plus a pop-like album). Half of their fans were disappointed.

That just proves how narrow-minded rock/metal fans are because there are PLENTY of short-haired performers in the heavy metal genre.

And speaking as a fan, as for Metallica releasing a "pop" album, I suggest you relisten to Load, because while it might not be as heavy and thrashy as the earlier albums, its more like 70's heavy rock than anything resembling "pop".

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2007!!!
23 June Sydney @ Acer Arena
24 June Sydney @ Acer Arena

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2013!!!
17 March Melbourne @ Sidney Myer Music Bowl
Lady Livin
Louder Than Love
Rocker

Don't fear the reaper

« Reply #1207 on: January 07, 2005, 03:39:55 AM »

That's the closest thing I could find of Axl having short hair (that's actually a pigtail).

He was beautiful in that video.  love
Boromir
VIP

« Reply #1208 on: January 07, 2005, 06:54:14 AM »

Just remember Metallica in 1995 when Hetfield & Ulrich had their hair cut (plus a pop-like album). Half of their funs were dissapointed.

Bruce Dickinson has alson cut his hair, but he is cool!!!

Anyway, i dont want Axl to cut his hair, just take off his braids Smiley

Keep Calm and Listen to Guns N' Roses!
roxxi
Opening Act

« Reply #1209 on: January 07, 2005, 07:12:27 AM »

Bruce Dickinson has alson cut his hair, but he is cool!!!

Yeah, he's really cool.  Cool

Would it really bother you that much if Axl cut his hair?  I think he'd look just fine. peace
DemocracyRose
« Reply #1210 on: January 07, 2005, 07:16:32 AM »

This is turning into a "Hair thread"... Angry
Pandora
Collector extraordinaire
Legend

« Reply #1211 on: January 07, 2005, 08:08:11 AM »

That's true, get back on topic please....

Got my attitude and my shiny shoes.....
Scabbie
Legend

Time is relative

« Reply #1212 on: January 07, 2005, 08:15:18 AM »

That's true, get back on topic please....

Hmm, doesn't seem theres much of a topic to get back onto nowadays... Cry

We need a decent rumour or piece of news to super analyse.

grids
Opening Act

aussie

« Reply #1213 on: January 07, 2005, 01:02:19 PM »

hi
wonder what the chance of axl popping up at the superbowl are? axl and paul mccartney doing live and let die and then the first advert for new album in half time show break. all leading to our much hoped for april release. dosen't sound too silly to me.
all the best
 beer
2NaFish
Harbinger of doom and gloom
Legend

Something Witty.

« Reply #1214 on: January 07, 2005, 03:39:24 PM »

hi
wonder what the chance of axl popping up at the superbowl are? axl and paul mccartney doing live and let die and then the first advert for new album in half time show break. all leading to our much hoped for april release. dosen't sound too silly to me.
all the best
 beer

Hasn't sounded silly the last 4 or 5 years tho.
PeterCoffin
Rocker

don't wear floppy pants

« Reply #1215 on: January 07, 2005, 08:15:04 PM »

hi
all the best
 beer

It never sounds silly. But it always ends up making you FEEL silly.

Scabbie
Legend

Time is relative

« Reply #1216 on: January 07, 2005, 08:31:27 PM »

July-December

/jarmo

that would be cool ! Please ! Knock yourself out !
although I can't imagine another album more expected than CHIDEM. Who got the number 1 spot ?

There was no rating, although Foo Fighters got the most column inches. NIN, SYOD, SLAYER & QOST also got a lot of attention. This is what it says about GN'R

Another year and once again 'Will it won't it?' rumours resurface concerning the release of one of the longest delayed albums in rock's history. GNR began working with Sean Beavan in late '98: early in 2004 they were still recording at the Village Recording Studios in LA with producer / engineer Caram Costanzo and ProTools engineer Eric Cadieux. According to Bassist Tommy Stinson, the mastering process was due to begin last November. Songs that have already been played live include 'Chinese Democracy' 'The Blues' 'Madagascar' and 'Rhiad and the Bedouins'. Film composer Marco Beltrami has also said he was asked to provide orchestral arrangements for the songs 'Seven' 'Leave Me Alone', 'General' and 'Thyme' in 2002. The bands current line up include Axl Rose (vocals/guitar), Dizzy Reed (keyboards), Tommy Stinson (Bass), Brain (drums), Robin Finck and Richard Fortus (guitar). Whether they'll all still be there when the album hits the shelves only Axl knows.

ETA: Spring on Geffen.

smoking

Nacho Man Randy Salsa
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #1217 on: January 08, 2005, 10:29:43 AM »

I do not know if this has been mentioned,but reading through 61 pages is something I can't do.

If you search on google it now says CD is expected in April and not February like it earlier said.

If someone has already mentioned this you can go ahead and delete this post.
OMFG
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #1218 on: January 09, 2005, 02:22:13 PM »

Lets prey it's never release! Just a collection of shit. Axl should have never come out of retierment, or should have died before the Illusions albums were finished so that the band could have gone down in history as the best band of all time. And his  legend would have lived forever, remembering him as a young man with the most wicked vocals and image of all time...
thelostrose
Rocker

For Promotional Use Only...

« Reply #1219 on: January 09, 2005, 02:37:11 PM »

Lets prey it's never release! Just a collection of shit. Axl should have never come out of retierment, or should have died before the Illusions albums were finished so that the band could have gone down in history as the best band of all time. And his  legend would have lived forever, remembering him as a young man with the most wicked vocals and image of all time...
rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl
that was a fun read.

...this melody inside of me still searches for solution...
Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 63 ... 374 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: