Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 23, 2024, 03:30:55 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228492 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  The CD release date rumor / speculation thread
Pages: 1 ... 58 59 [60] 61 62 ... 374 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The CD release date rumor / speculation thread  (Read 642103 times)
Is he struggling?
Rocker

Why are you reading this?

« Reply #1180 on: December 26, 2004, 10:18:34 AM »

just heard another rumour.? A friend of mine who knows this dude that works in the music industry says the album is done but axl won't ever release it because he wants it to himself.?

Geffen/Universal will ot allow him to do that - not after ploughing an 8 figure sum into the making of the album.

It's been too long since you've had your ass kicked properly!:

www.reverbnation.com/papersun
norway
What if Axl?s name was skogsal...
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #1181 on: December 26, 2004, 02:10:07 PM »

Geffen/Universal will ot allow him to do that - not after ploughing an 8 figure sum into the making of the album.

hey, funny member name Cheesy
remember that the record company has hold back and delayed the album b4...

Here 2day gone insane coffee

Quote from: Wooody
Burgers can be songs, they don't know who to credit?
Quote from: ppbebe
hi you got 2 twats right?
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #1182 on: December 26, 2004, 02:28:30 PM »

How come people argue on this shit Huh
A friend of mine who knows this dude that works in the music industry
Like this wasn?t a lil too obvious.
Skeletor
Paha keisari
Legend

Oyez! Oyez!

« Reply #1183 on: December 26, 2004, 02:44:16 PM »

At the time the video was shot, Axl and Steph were still together. At the time the video was aired, Steph and Axl were still together. Maybe somebody could post the accurate dates, but as fas as I remember, I first saw the vid during the spring of 92.

Well, it's been a while since I've seen the 'Making of'-vids, but I believe in the Estranged documentary Axl talks about how he wanted to keep the video to November Rain to himself, even though it would've cost him a lot of money. In the end he said he decided to rise to it and just put it out.

This is what he'd always known
The promise of something greater beyond the water's final horizon
norway
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #1184 on: December 26, 2004, 02:45:39 PM »

A friend of mine who knows this dude that works in the music industry
Like this wasn?t a lil too obvious.

yeah hihi been here to long now nervous

I'm really feelin it soon this year, + webpage very soon, if tommy is right Undecided

Ignatius
Legend

« Reply #1185 on: December 26, 2004, 04:44:04 PM »

Well, it's been a while since I've seen the 'Making of'-vids, but I believe in the Estranged documentary Axl talks about how he wanted to keep the video to November Rain to himself, even though it would've cost him a lot of money. In the end he said he decided to rise to it and just put it out.

Same here, I haven't seen the vids in at least 4 years. But yeah, I remember Axl saying something about how vulnerable he used to feel about the idea of releasing the NR video. I've always thought it had nothing to do with Steph though, cause the song was written way before he met Steph and the vid was shot while they were dating.

Is he struggling?
Rocker

Why are you reading this?

« Reply #1186 on: December 27, 2004, 06:43:51 AM »

Geffen/Universal will not allow him to do that - not after ploughing an 8 figure sum into the making of the album.

hey, funny member name Cheesy
remember that the record company has hold back and delayed the album b4...

Thank you, sir.

However, surely Geffen/Universal can somehow make Axl deliver a finished album at some point - if only with litigation?

It's been too long since you've had your ass kicked properly!:

www.reverbnation.com/papersun
grog mug
Legend

« Reply #1187 on: January 01, 2005, 03:38:47 AM »

No he's not struggling fucker.  Axl will come out with the album when he feels the time is right.  Maybe his shrink needs to tell him when that is.  Or when Rock in Rio comes around again.  Axl seems to love the late night, warm weather performances.  I'm so messed up again!!!! I love posting when I'm like this, I'm going to bed.

Here's to CHinese DEmocracy 2005!!! beer
norway
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #1188 on: January 01, 2005, 09:43:22 AM »

webpage soon, this month yes

hey i also posted once i was really fucked up- plfp?r ptel? phnejn p?f
-they said don't come here when you're that drunk Tongue

fixintodie
« Reply #1189 on: January 04, 2005, 04:38:52 AM »

Well, the GNRONLINE.COM google site description now says April 2005, surprise surprise  rofl

Dunno if thats old news or not.
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #1190 on: January 04, 2005, 12:53:04 PM »

As long as you don't create a thread based on google information.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
fixintodie
« Reply #1191 on: January 05, 2005, 04:36:12 AM »

Hell no, it would be more than my life was worth  hihi

Having said all this, and despite the constant frustration, I'd rather the album was released in April with the full band's support, than 'rushed' out in February while they were all on leave.
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #1192 on: January 05, 2005, 12:48:05 PM »

ts from mygnr.com and the poster is shankroidbeast

First off this is JUST a rumor, so take it with a grain of salt. I have a lot of clients who are attorneys. Today I was bullshitting with a guy and he had just got his kid a Playstation 2 for Christmas and we were talking about the release of Grand Turismo 4 (which for those who don?t know is one of the most highly anticipated games out there and has been perpetually delayed ? sound familiar?) Anyway we were talking about the delay and he said something along the lines of ?I guess we?ll see that before Chinese Democracy? (the game is due in February) Of course this peaked my interest. He was a big GNR fan. We talked about all of the crap going on, the concert for the 2002 tour (we were at the same one) and so on. He then said he had some "inside" information. He had moved here from California a few years ago and knows people in the business back there. A friend of his is a contract lawyer for Interscope and a fan as well. He said that even top management are in the dark about CD. They have had a few meetings (management), but Axl rarely showed up for them. They have heard a few songs off the album and said they were excellent. BTW he never left any media with anyone, he guards that stuff with his life they said. They still don?t know exactly how I.R.S was leaked, but from what he heard it was just a demo version anyway. He said it was almost impossible to talk to Axl directly, mainly playing phone tag and with faxes. They were told that it may be finished before Christmas, then February, and have not since heard anything for a date. Axl has not even given them a definite answer on the format of the album (one or two disks) But he said that the last time they saw Axl he did not have his braids and he was in great shape. It sounds like they are just waiting for the finished product which could come ?at any time?. And that ?The first single will be all the promotion this album will need?.
I plan on keeping in touch with this guy, and see if he knows anything in the future. I don?t think he was bullshitting, and I hope his friend wasn?t bullshitting him. Who knows? I?ll let you know if I hear anything more?

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
Pingouirose
Rocker

Here I Am !

« Reply #1193 on: January 05, 2005, 02:15:21 PM »

Axl he did not have his braids

Perhaps we can create a new Hair Rumour thread ?  hihi

Thanks Dave.
Dust N Rose
« Reply #1194 on: January 05, 2005, 05:18:02 PM »

Guys, no braids?  nervous
Do you know what's the next haircut if he doesn't have braids.
Short hair no Something like punk haircut  Undecided

(If that's true of course)
The Estranged MrFlashbax
VIP

The Tranquil Jester

« Reply #1195 on: January 06, 2005, 10:18:45 AM »

that sounds like bs to me.. i hate to be pessimistic here but it just doesnt seem right to me..

Thanks 2 those who went 2 Mustang Harry's on May 12th. That made my first concert experience something I'll never forget. Never did I feel like I fit in anywhere as much as I did amongst you strangers
Wooody
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #1196 on: January 06, 2005, 10:47:47 AM »

Guys, no braids?? nervous
Do you know what's the next haircut if he doesn't have braids.
Short hair no Something like punk haircut? Undecided

(If that's true of course)

not necessarly, those are braids, not dreads. There's no reason why chop everything off.
But a punk haircut sounds better than the braids.  ok

Just use your head and in the end you'll find your inspiration.
SADIS
« Reply #1197 on: January 06, 2005, 11:15:15 AM »

Yeah, maybe Axl Photoshopped and posted the skinhead-look pic a while ago to see how people would react. And if the majority was positive he would cut his hair short......  hihi
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1198 on: January 06, 2005, 11:24:46 AM »

Chinese Democracy is mentioned in an article about album releases in 2005 in Swedish newspaper Expressen.

It says (translated from Swedish):

July-December
Will 2005 be the year when the longest running joke in the history of mankind, Guns N' Roses' follow-up to the Use Your Illusion albums is released? Maybe. It has been postponed a whole lifetime. Funnily enough Trent Reznor and his Nine Inch Nails, the band whose albums supposedly broke Axl Rose's self confidence, are also making a comeback.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #1199 on: January 06, 2005, 12:34:11 PM »

LOL! Well...
 Trent is great! I hope NIN`s new album will be great! I would really like to see Axl and Trent work together soon!

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
Pages: 1 ... 58 59 [60] 61 62 ... 374 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: