Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 22, 2024, 03:29:45 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228489 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  The CD release date rumor / speculation thread
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 374 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The CD release date rumor / speculation thread  (Read 641194 times)
Jonx
VIP

Mad At Nascar

« Reply #960 on: November 13, 2004, 09:06:49 AM »

Dont trust anybody. Wait for a press release from Sanctury thats going to be the only way we are going to know for definite that the album is coming out!

Jonx
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #961 on: November 13, 2004, 10:56:06 AM »

So is february now the lone date we are going to expect something, or do you doubt dizzy...?

That's the problem. People expect things to happen all the time.

I don't expect anything to happen in the world of GN'R. 

Something will probably happen at some point, but I don't expect that to be next week, next month or next year.  Tongue

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Mikkamakka
Daddy Cool
Banned
Legend

Half man, half beast

« Reply #962 on: November 13, 2004, 11:34:25 AM »

So is february now the lone date we are going to expect something, or do you doubt dizzy...?

I don't expect anything to happen in the world of GN'R.?

Something will probably happen at some point, but I don't expect that to be next week, next month or next year.? Tongue

/jarmo

What about next life?  Tongue

'Once there was this Rock 'N' Roll band
Rollin' on the streets
Time went by and it became a joke'
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #963 on: November 13, 2004, 12:07:50 PM »

I don't expect anything to happen in the world of GN'R.?

Something will probably happen at some point, but I don't expect that to be next week, next month or next year.? Tongue

/jarmo

Well I'm just trying to have something to believe in with new gnr.. I can't hear about axl's hair or jerseys anymore, or what someone's favorite song is.. It's crazy, I just want to be focused on this album., I am really enjoying vr, but I think nothing would be better for myself if I could have both... I really don't care for todays scene so I was hoping gnr n vr could fill that gap..

I just don't want one day for time to pass and it becomes forced out by geffen, or they sue axl, or another member leaves.. I personally want a tour and things of that nature any other way would reallly suck
jimmythegent
Legend

Live!! From Burning Hills, Wellington...

« Reply #964 on: November 14, 2004, 03:49:28 AM »

so is everyone still confident of this alleged 'announcment' this month or next month? I have a good feeling and would I be fair in assuming that if fans don't hear something very soon, Axl will have missed what surely be his last opportune chance?

2004 has been a great year for all things GN'R (old band and members), so the icing on the cake for me would be to have this final chapter in the saga of GN'R played out - im hoping for a stunning masterpiece of an album, but perhaps more than that, I'm looking for closure and an end to all those "what if?" -type questions

I'll reserve my opinion on whether or not Axl's done the right thing with this new incarnation after I get to hear the music....

"Dive in and find the monkey!"
matt88
Riding The Nightrain
Legend

Slash is the King

« Reply #965 on: November 14, 2004, 10:42:21 AM »

I'd rather no news than to be let down time and time again by rumours(i don't belive any of them).

Belive it when ur fuckin holding that cd in your hands.

This is going to come off as argumentative, which I don't mean it to, but I have to ask....

If you don't believe the rumors, how could you be let down by them??

And if the rumors bother you, why do you read them?

I guess it just varies person to person, but the rumors don't bother me at all.?

Sorry i should have said i don't belive them ANYMORE. I was let down time and time again when i did belive that bullshit. I only read them to have a laugh now Smiley

"I've been draggin my heels with a bitch called hope let the undercurrent drag me along"
grids
Opening Act

aussie

« Reply #966 on: November 14, 2004, 09:42:32 PM »

here is a copy of an email i just sent off to interscope. call me naive but i thought it would be worth a shot. I'll post the reply if it arrives
cheers
 beer

Hi

I?m a long suffering fan of GNR. I was hoping you guys could tell me something about the new album. I?m sick of hearing all the rumors and I was hoping to hear something from the ? horses mouth? so to speak.

Any info would be appreciated

Cheers

Matt
StoneTempleRoses
Rocker

Axl Was Here

« Reply #967 on: November 14, 2004, 11:25:30 PM »

cant wiat to hear what they say ok

StoneTempleRoses peace

grog mug
Legend

« Reply #968 on: November 15, 2004, 12:52:05 AM »

Did you happen to send it to there manager, Merck?
DemocracyRose
« Reply #969 on: November 15, 2004, 03:02:32 AM »

here is a copy of an email i just sent off to interscope. call me naive but i thought it would be worth a shot. I'll post the reply if it arrives
cheers
 beer

Hi

I?m a long suffering fan of GNR. I was hoping you guys could tell me something about the new album. I?m sick of hearing all the rumors and I was hoping to hear something from the ? horses mouth? so to speak.

Any info would be appreciated

Cheers

Matt

I bet you will get a "auto-reply"....

They always do that... Maybe from Tina.. ok
SLCPUNK
« Reply #970 on: November 15, 2004, 03:30:16 AM »

"finishing touches" as we speak....
Jonx
VIP

Mad At Nascar

« Reply #971 on: November 15, 2004, 04:30:42 AM »

"When we have something to say we will say it"

Jonx
DemocracyRose
« Reply #972 on: November 15, 2004, 07:56:08 AM »

From Rumor board...

Someone has sent me a message saying that Guns are also planning concerts in Japan for 2005

I've been sent promoter details so I have sent them a message to find out if it is true.

And....

Reaped from the VH1 forums

"According to a UK console gaming magazine, Axl told Rockstar that Chinese Democracy would be out in March or April. They will also be touring Europe in Spring. We should find out everything before Xmas"
« Reply #973 on: November 15, 2004, 08:32:08 AM »

From Rumor board...

Someone has sent me a message saying that Guns are also planning concerts in Japan for 2005

I've been sent promoter details so I have sent them a message to find out if it is true.

And....

Reaped from the VH1 forums

"According to a UK console gaming magazine, Axl told Rockstar that Chinese Democracy would be out in March or April. They will also be touring Europe in Spring. We should find out everything before Xmas"

I don't think Axl will give the premiere of something this big to a game magazine.
Jonx
VIP

Mad At Nascar

« Reply #974 on: November 15, 2004, 09:27:34 AM »

He didnt! The quote you just posted said Axl told "Rockstar". Rockstar is the company that makes the GTA games. Its a pretty good bet that they had close contact with Axl as he had to record those vocal lines somewhere. If you think about it, all these celebrities/singers who are on the game must have had VIP treatment when coming to the studio where the radio tracks were recorded. Celebrities doing voiceovers in games is a relatively new thing outside of the obvious Star Wars games.

Seems as if Rockstar, or someone at Rockstar was told this info and probably told it to the interviewers.

Jonx
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #975 on: November 15, 2004, 12:34:45 PM »

Yeah but I guess Axl recorded his track a long time ago (it takes time to make a game) and, by that time, CD would still be scheduled to November or February, according to what Dizzy and Tommy said a couple of months ago. I really don't believe that Axl told someone in this game company something about this release date.

grog mug
Legend

« Reply #976 on: November 15, 2004, 12:52:23 PM »

I know it's been said quite a few times, but how do you know that the finishing touches are going on as we speak?
PeterCoffin
Rocker

don't wear floppy pants

« Reply #977 on: November 15, 2004, 01:44:16 PM »

If his part was already written and planned, he could have done it a week before the game went gold and they would have been able to get it in there. Hell, if they already had someone else on a stand-in track they could have replaced it in a day.

I've had to do similar things at the radio station I work at.

Also, every 3 months it seems to be moved back about a month... we're eventually going to catch up, you know.

fixintodie
« Reply #978 on: November 16, 2004, 04:48:27 AM »

Also, every 3 months it seems to be moved back about a month... we're eventually going to catch up, you know.

It was moved from November to February - that's 3 months. So if every 3 months it's moved back 3 months, I think I'm on the brink of figuring out why we never friggin get anywhere Wink
grog mug
Legend

« Reply #979 on: November 16, 2004, 07:45:59 PM »

We'll see it in 2005, I'm sure of it.
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 374 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: