Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 22, 2024, 11:25:48 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228489 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  The CD release date rumor / speculation thread
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 374 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The CD release date rumor / speculation thread  (Read 641055 times)
Cocaine__tongue
Axl's lawyer wannabe
Rocker

HAPPY HAPPY

« Reply #860 on: October 28, 2004, 04:48:40 AM »

Don't know if this is the correct thread to post this or if this has already been posted. Anyway, I just noticed that at tommy stinson's official web page, it says "look for more village gorilla head dates in february". In the news section, he also says that le looks foward to going back to england in february.

Don't think this is to positive for chinese democracy beeing released in february.

Madrid '93
Madrid '06
Bilbao '06
San Sebastian '10
London 17
Download Madrid 18
Scabbie
Legend

Time is relative

« Reply #861 on: October 28, 2004, 05:16:05 AM »

I'm gonna be really, really bummed off if we don't hear anything official by February about CD.  rant

Yeah, I really like VGH, but ultimately my loyalty lies with GNR, that is the band I am desparate to hear and see.

Does anyone else have the feeling we'll be hearing something along the lines of 'yeah, 'blowback (fictional new guitarist) is just adding the last couple of solo's to the record, then its gonna be out. And its gonna be great'!

Here today...ready to rock
fixintodie
« Reply #862 on: October 29, 2004, 05:00:18 AM »

"Chinese Democracy" is not finished yet.

That's uncorrect.
Axl words (gnronline.com) in August 2002 : "(...)it's time to stop that now and wrap up the baby. It feels right, the timing, and a lot of things. We've sorted it down to what songs are on the record. What the sequence of the songs is. The album cover art is ready.(...)" Roll Eyes

My opinion of what happened - pure speculation, based on what little facts we have:

At some point in 2002, Axl thinks the album is pretty much finished. He's recorded enough songs for an album, and brings in Bob Ezrin to give his opinions and feedback. Bob tells him he only hears 3 good songs. Axl was probably good and pissed about this for a while, then thought, 'well fuck, I can't just start all over again and disappear for another x years, maybe I should take the new band on tour with a few of the good songs we have, and worry about the album when I get back.' The tour finishes prematurely, and the band/Axl get back to work on new songs/improving the old ones for Chinese Democracy. Late 2004, this process is complete and the album is finished to everyones satisfaction.

Listen, Chinese Democracy IS finished. "Oh yeah, source?" The fucking band. If it comes down to 'who do you believe, some poster on a message board or a member of the fucking band we're talking about', I guess I'm sticking with the latter. (By the way, I'm not aiming that at Taz or any other poster in particular. I know we have to talk about something while we wait, but it still seems fucked to me that we're at the point where we think we know better than the band.)
thelostrose
Rocker

For Promotional Use Only...

« Reply #863 on: October 29, 2004, 06:35:48 AM »

fixintodie, Bob Ezrin was brought in around 1999-2000 to help with Chinese Democracy, not in 2002!

...this melody inside of me still searches for solution...
fixintodie
« Reply #864 on: October 29, 2004, 08:03:42 AM »

Ah, you know your stuff better than me. The theory could still apply though, and Axl may have gone on tour in 2002 with the only new songs he was confident about, and spent the last 2 years beefing up the other ones.
Mikkamakka
Daddy Cool
Banned
Legend

Half man, half beast

« Reply #865 on: October 29, 2004, 10:38:08 AM »

Ah, you know your stuff better than me. The theory could still apply though, and Axl may have gone on tour in 2002 with the only new songs he was confident about, and spent the last 2 years beefing up the other ones.

He said the songs they played weren't the big guns...

'Once there was this Rock 'N' Roll band
Rollin' on the streets
Time went by and it became a joke'
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #866 on: October 29, 2004, 11:50:50 AM »

here is my opinion: the plans changed a several times. READ IT:
- I do think Axl made a sort of "indus-rock" record at the begining, it was his 1st plan., but then, when songs like "oh my god" or "silkworms"  were heard, the general public disliked them so much that Axl was afraid and decided to change his plan for the album: No indus-rock anymore because it would have been a terrible failure, and let's back to a Classic-Rock sound, with a classic-rock vibe. Let's back to a Rock n' Roll sound. At the same time, some members left and some others came in, they added their own ideas, re-wrote some guitar parts? added solos (ex: Fortus) etc...
So it takes time.

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
CryGirl
Headliner

Love's so estranged...

« Reply #867 on: October 29, 2004, 12:45:13 PM »

Guys,lets be positive,ok?!
Otherwise you can`t be a real GN`R fan!

I have faith that it will be great even if it comes out way after February and
I don`t really fuckin`care, coz I respect the guy,that`s his job and he can do whatever he wants!

It`s up to us to decide whether we should care or not.
Well I`m curious, I do care,so I`ll wait.In the meanwhile,
there`s a lot of good things to appreciate in life! peace

Fuck the press! Axl's the BEST!

www.gunsnrosesportugal.com
grog mug
Legend

« Reply #868 on: October 29, 2004, 05:50:16 PM »

March 31 is the deadline for the second part of the cd releases.  I think we should hear something by December, possibly a surprise how in VEGAS?!
Jonx
VIP

Mad At Nascar

« Reply #869 on: October 29, 2004, 05:54:59 PM »

March 31 is the deadline for the second part of the cd releases.? I think we should hear something by December, possibly a surprise how in VEGAS?!

What do you mean by 'second part of the cd releases'?

Jonx
BaDoBsEsSiOn418
Rocker

Yowza!

« Reply #870 on: October 29, 2004, 10:10:30 PM »

At this point, I don't really care when it comes out, just as long as Uncle Axl says "Chinese Democracy will be out so-and-so a date, fuck you, goodnight."  That will make my day. 

Why's everybody so obsessed with the album?  Can't you just be happy that Axl gets to hang out with rich fashion designers? -MotherGooseLuvR
Norman Bates
Headliner

The Bates Motel always has vacancy for you

« Reply #871 on: October 30, 2004, 07:40:57 AM »

I have faith that it will be great even if it comes out way after February and
I don`t really fuckin`care, coz I respect the guy,that`s his job and he can do whatever he wants!

It`s up to us to decide whether we should care or not.
Well I`m curious, I do care,so I`ll wait.In the meanwhile,
there`s a lot of good things to appreciate in life!

Amen

Once I thought I was wrong but I was mistaken.
Mysteron
Legend

..?..?..

« Reply #872 on: October 30, 2004, 04:42:12 PM »

Just to let you know

Management are saying that there is a possibility that there might be an announcement during November. It's the first time they have said this
2NaFish
Harbinger of doom and gloom
Legend

Something Witty.

« Reply #873 on: October 30, 2004, 04:49:09 PM »

a possibility there might be something? I guess it's better than we're used to.

Thanks for passing on the info dood.
oneway23
VIP

I've asphyxiated waiting...

« Reply #874 on: October 30, 2004, 05:27:35 PM »

Thanks, oh mysterious one....keep the faith a bit longer laddies and lasses....we're on the cusp...
Jonx
VIP

Mad At Nascar

« Reply #875 on: October 30, 2004, 07:00:48 PM »

Excellent!!!!

Christmas is coming early!

Jonx
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #876 on: October 30, 2004, 07:05:59 PM »

Cheesy Whew! Excellent.

After a shower of bullshit rumours, finally something accurate n promising comes.
axls#2
Fire, fire, fire
VIP

« Reply #877 on: October 30, 2004, 07:10:13 PM »

I just found something interesting when i did a google search. I typed in gnronline and guess what it says? Includes news and information on Chinese Democracy expected February 2005.? Now if i remember right, didn't someone awhile back do the same thing except it was for a different date? Who the hell is doing this and why? Why do they keep putting rumored release dates on the descriptions for the website?

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&q=%22GN%27R+online%22
« Last Edit: October 30, 2004, 07:12:29 PM by axls#2 » Logged

What Goes around comes around!
Pingouirose
Rocker

Here I Am !

« Reply #878 on: October 30, 2004, 07:18:18 PM »

Thanks Mysteron !

If it's true, november is THE month: Half Life 2, Jackson's boxset, Eminem (huu sorry  Grin) and my school tests  beer
sic.
id est
VIP

i wrote don't cry

« Reply #879 on: October 30, 2004, 08:36:44 PM »

Management are saying that there is a possibility that there might be an announcement during November. It's the first time they have said this

Knowing Axl's penchant in keeping everything on the qt until the very last minute, this actually sounds feasible.

Maybe, just maybe, that blasted rain won't be so cold this month anyway.  smoking

There's no logic here today / Do as you got to, go your own way / I said that's right / Time's short your life's your own / And in the end / We are just...
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 374 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: