Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 22, 2024, 09:31:57 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228489 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  The CD release date rumor / speculation thread
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 374 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The CD release date rumor / speculation thread  (Read 641011 times)
Taz
Banned
Headliner

Axl forever

« Reply #820 on: October 12, 2004, 04:26:15 AM »

Axl words in August 2002 : "(...)it's time to stop that now and wrap up the baby. It feels right, the timing, and a lot of things. We've sorted it down to what songs are on the record. What the sequence of the songs is. The album cover art is ready."

More than 2 years to wrap up the baby seems a little bit strange unless you are an Axl's freak.

Then, you people are on a forum and you want everybody to have the same opinions. That's a stalinist conception of a forum.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2004, 04:37:24 AM by Taz » Logged
Taz
Banned
Headliner

Axl forever

« Reply #821 on: October 12, 2004, 04:34:16 AM »

Dude, To modify a quote that Rick Pitino used in regards to the celtics , "Slash isn't walking through that door, duff isn't walking through that door, Izzy's not coming back"

Newgnr isn't walking through the door either...
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #822 on: October 12, 2004, 10:30:04 AM »

my point was that Im sure there are plenty of things that Axl doesnt get credit for as well.

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #823 on: October 13, 2004, 07:16:07 AM »

to get credit, you have to be out there, putting your ass and reputation on the line. Axl hasn't done that in a long time.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
sergejg
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #824 on: October 14, 2004, 01:17:53 AM »

By all accounts I'm surprised some fans haven't broken into his house just to get some godamn material to listen to!

OK, so who's in? You hold him down, I'll search the studio

I have wondered the same thing all this years. How come when a radiohead or Bjork album is coming out we get like 7 months before the early demos and stuff and in 13 freaking years nobody has bribbed somebody or stolen something from Axl's studio!

Let's collect some money to pay the cleaning lady that works on the studio to steal something for us.
ClintroN
The board won't let me use a longer name than this!
Legend

Gimme some fuckin' Democracy

« Reply #825 on: October 14, 2004, 03:34:04 AM »

to get credit, you have to be out there, putting your ass and reputation on the line. Axl hasn't done that in a long time.

are you kiddin',
taking this long n' all the shit thats goin' on is really putting his arse on the line...big time!!!

www.myspace.com/killmondays

GNR - Brizvegas - AUSTRALIA
June -19th 
         -20th, 2007
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #826 on: October 14, 2004, 06:05:46 PM »

are you kiddin',
taking this long n' all the shit thats goin' on is really putting his arse on the line...big time!!!

Surely you jest.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
estranged.1098
« Reply #827 on: October 14, 2004, 07:19:38 PM »

Yep, and it's totally a different issue. younggunner talked about getting credit for something Axl supposedly did before 1993.
alternativemonkey
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #828 on: October 16, 2004, 08:53:05 PM »

When asked directly about the status of "Chinese Democracy", Dizzy seems to "think" it will be released in February not November . Check out the most recent www.blabbermouth.net.  This should go with the usual disclaimer, "Dizzy can't be trusted to know really what's going."

WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #829 on: October 17, 2004, 07:30:59 AM »

The fact that I disagree with Axl's choices does not mean I hate him. On the contrary, I think Axl is surrounded by too many people who are just yes-men and yes-women (and who would never be sincere). They are milking him and they are afraid to lose their fuckin' jobs... Axl needs people who tell the TRUTH, who would tell him when he's doing mistakes (like letting Slash go) and would give him good pieces of advice.

Besides, if you say Slash ain't a major songwriter, I could say the same about Axl because most of his contributions to UYI were lyrics not melodies... OK, he's done probably most of the ballads melodies, but he didn't write the rock 'n' roll songs. And this will be the problem with the "Chinese Demo." album : ballads or mid-tempo tunes will sound great (Madagascar, The Blues) and heavy stuff really bad (Oh my god, Silkworms, Chinese Demo., Riyad and B.)...

i think oh my god,chinese democracy and rhiad are great songs and silkworms is written by chriss and dizzy

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
Scabbie
Legend

Time is relative

« Reply #830 on: October 18, 2004, 01:06:10 PM »

Well this bears little significance, but Trent Reznor says on Blabbermouth that he intends to finish his new album by end 2004 with a tentative release date of March 2005. So if the bit about mixing is true with Chinese Democracy I suspect it will be about around the same time.

Then again Trent is about as unpredictable as Axl therefore maybe neither will be released until 2006! Arrrrrgggggghhhhh!

I think it would be cool if Axl released the album and then an industrial rock EP or album afterward. I would love to hear a proper studio version of Oh My God. That way there would be something for everyone!

Here today...ready to rock
DemocracyRose
« Reply #831 on: October 19, 2004, 05:02:50 AM »

A rumor from Mygnrforum....

my buddy is interning right now at Geffen in california. He too is a die hard GNR fan. I just got off the phone with him and he had some damn good news....he told me that when he asked his boss at geffen if he'd heard any inside news about the new GNR record his boss laughed and said, right now its scheduled for the last tuesday of febuary (feb 22)...but dont get ur hopes up cuz he also told him that it was origionally set for a pre thanksgiving release this year, i dont know how credible his boss is but seeing as he works for geffen its more credible than other sources we've heard from.
Thats all i was told....keep the faith

Taz
Banned
Headliner

Axl forever

« Reply #832 on: October 19, 2004, 08:39:10 AM »

my buddy is interning right now at Geffen in california. He too is a die hard GNR fan. I just got off the phone with him and he had some damn good news....he told me that when he asked his boss at geffen if he'd heard any inside news about the new GNR record his boss laughed and said, right now its scheduled for the last tuesday of febuary (feb 22)...but dont get ur hopes up cuz he also told him that it was origionally set for a pre thanksgiving release this year, i dont know how credible his boss is but seeing as he works for geffen its more credible than other sources we've heard from.

Febuary (feb 22)... 2009! rofl

« Last Edit: October 19, 2004, 09:30:21 AM by Taz » Logged
Saboteur Cyb. Punk
Banned
Rocker

Buckethead unmasked!!!

« Reply #833 on: October 19, 2004, 08:56:18 AM »

BS

I Mean Acid / Do Ya Like It ?
Taz
Banned
Headliner

Axl forever

« Reply #834 on: October 19, 2004, 10:00:48 AM »

Don't forget that you are not waiting for a new Guns n' Roses record...  you are waiting for an Axl Rose solo record! yes
a.k.a. Dovey
VIP

Does the walker choose the path?

« Reply #835 on: October 19, 2004, 10:13:36 AM »

Don't forget that you are not waiting for a new Guns n' Roses record...  you are waiting for an Axl Rose solo record! yes

Oh Shut Up

McGann
Haiku writing motherfucker
VIP

My hat is HEAVY-DUTY tinfoil

« Reply #836 on: October 19, 2004, 10:38:03 AM »

Don't forget that you are not waiting for a new Guns n' Roses record...? you are waiting for an Axl Rose solo record! yes

Lame.

And, regarding your sig, you meant to write "Slash fans", as a majority of Gnr fans, in my experience, are totally cool with the new band. ok
/Mike

"When fascism came to America, it was called 'Political Correctness' and waved a culturally relative flag."
-Mike McGann
thelostrose
Rocker

For Promotional Use Only...

« Reply #837 on: October 19, 2004, 12:11:34 PM »

Don't forget that you are not waiting for a new Guns n' Roses record...? you are waiting for an Axl Rose solo record! yes

don't forget that you're stupid!  Grin

...this melody inside of me still searches for solution...
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #838 on: October 19, 2004, 12:53:21 PM »

don't forget that you're stupid!? Grin

That's not the kind of posts we want on this board.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Gunner Fucker
Axl's Yes Man
Headliner

Bucketwho?

« Reply #839 on: October 19, 2004, 01:03:13 PM »

The way I see it, it won't see the light of day if they keep re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-recording stuff.
Did I miss a "re-" there?

Rock on

If All I Knew Was That With You I'd Want Someone To Save Me, It'd Be Enough.
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 374 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: