Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 22, 2024, 07:38:21 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228489 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  The CD release date rumor / speculation thread
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 374 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The CD release date rumor / speculation thread  (Read 640953 times)
Mr Cowbell ?
Legend

HTGTH Powerslam Champion / Former WWE Game Champ

« Reply #800 on: October 08, 2004, 09:23:16 AM »

IF the record company had a finished CD in their hands they would of force fed us that CD along time ago. I wouldnt be surprized if they broke into Axl's house just to get some material to use and sell.

Ron Jeremy - BEND OVER.
Scabbie
Legend

Time is relative

« Reply #801 on: October 08, 2004, 11:00:46 AM »

By all accounts I'm surprised some fans haven't broken into his house just to get some godamn material to listen to!

OK, so who's in? You hold him down, I'll search the studio

Here today...ready to rock
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #802 on: October 08, 2004, 04:55:31 PM »

I know what I heard 'cause I attended the London concert and there are reviews which tell the same thing. The album has been done since summer 2002. You may like it or not !
Cheesy Coo, I like that!

A statement from Rose's manager added that the greatest-hits set "will hinder the release of the band's long-awaited new studio album, 'Chinese Democracy."'
Geffen officials had no further comment on the dispute. But a source familiar with the situation said the label has been waiting seven years for Rose to deliver "Chinese Democracy" and has poured $13 million into production of that album after repeated promises that he was about to finish the project. "Every year there's been a new reason why Axl is not done with the record," the source told Reuters, adding that Geffen went ahead with the greatest-hits package only because Rose failed to come through with "Chinese Democracy." "Had he delivered this record like he promised seven years ago, this would not be happening right now."
By Steve Gorman LOS ANGELES (Reuters) March 16th, 2004

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/news/shownews.php?newsid=979
Now now, What do you say?
thelostrose
Rocker

For Promotional Use Only...

« Reply #803 on: October 09, 2004, 07:21:27 AM »

I know what I heard 'cause I attended the London concert and there are reviews which tell the same thing. The album has been done since summer 2002. You may like it or not !

well...i kinda think that CD is finished. i remember reading that axls doing three records. i think he's still working on those other 2 atm. and if "this new guy" is redoing guitarparts, i guess he's doing that for the other two, because if they go on tour, this new guy will be known as the new gnr-guitarist, so he should be on the follow-ups of CD. so that's what's delaying the new album this time.
at least to me that sounds plausible... Undecided

...this melody inside of me still searches for solution...
Taz
Banned
Headliner

Axl forever

« Reply #804 on: October 11, 2004, 09:21:20 AM »

It's not that I'm a hardcore Rolling Stones' fan, let's just take it as example. The Stones' line-up changed several times through the years. But 3 guys are there from day one : Jagger, Richards and Watts. Nobody nor in the 70', nor in the 80', either the 90' called the band the New Rolling Stones when the line-up changed. It would have sounded ridiculous. As long Jagger & Richards are in the band everybody else can leave, even Watts. Because Jagger & Richards WROTE ALMOST ALL THE SONGS. If one of them left, it would be the end of the Stones. Everybody knows that. Jagger & Richards don't like each other very much, but things and life are like that... Stones' fans never bought gladly Jagger's solo albums 'cause they were aware that if the albums were too successful, Jagger would have started a solo career... FANS RULE ! As it should always be !It looks like Axl ignored all that... Sad. For us, but for him too. Did Axl write ALL the GNR songs ? Of course not. That means he can't be GNR. GNR was bigger than him.
Besides, all the people that come to this site are true and loyal fans, even if we don't have the same opinion about what GNR should be. We should stop judging each other. Some people said something like that some time ago, but now they are telling the people to leave, it isn't cool.
We should discuss what is the best for GNR in the future. Not just what is the best for Axl, or Slash. GNR as a whole thing...

I really was a newgnr supporter, but I realised it just can't work. Slash MUST come back !
« Last Edit: October 12, 2004, 03:55:29 AM by Taz » Logged
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #805 on: October 11, 2004, 03:17:30 PM »

To the hater? (Your signature tells all) above,

First, you proved yourself hard of hearing. Second you managed to show your poor perception. Now, what are you up to? Manipulating forum opinion? Bringing GNR up to its knees?

For Good or evil, we have enough demagogues already. Leave GNR and us, fans alone for fucks sake. Tara! wave
Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #806 on: October 11, 2004, 03:27:27 PM »

It's not that I'm a hardcore Rolling Stones' fan, let's just take it as example. The Stones' line-up changed several times through the years. But 3 guys are there from day one : Jagger, Richards and Watts. Nobody nor in the 70', nor in the 80', either the 90' called the band the New Rolling Stones when the line-up changed. It would have sounded ridiculous. As long Jagger & Richards are in the band everybody else can leave, even Watts. Because Jagger & Richards WROTE ALMOST ALL THE SONGS. If one of them left, it would be the end of the Stones. Everybody knows that. Jagger & Richards don't like each other very much, but things and life are like that... Stones' fans never bought gladly Jagger's solo albums 'cause they were aware that if the albums were too successful, Jagger would have started a solo career... FANS RULE ! Like it should always be !It looks like Axl ignored all that... Sad. For us, but for him too. Did Axl write ALL the GNR songs ? Of course not. That means he can't be GNR. GNR was bigger than him.
Besides, all the people that come to this site are true and loyal fans, even if we don't have the same opinion about what GNR should be. We should stop judging each other. Some people said something like that some time ago, but now they are telling the people to leave, it isn't cool.
We should discuss what is the best for GNR in the future. Not just what is the best for Axl, or Slash. GNR as a whole thing...

I really was a newgnr supporter, but I realised it just can't work. Slash MUST come back !

Get over it.
Jizzo
Legend

Everytime,I'm falling down, Please take me home

« Reply #807 on: October 11, 2004, 03:59:35 PM »

Dude, To modify a quote that Rick Pitino used in regards to the celtics , "Slash isn't walking through that door, duff isn't walking through that door, Izzy's not coming back"

You know what to do, you know what I did
Since you know everything, just clue me in
I am such a wreck, I am such a mess
I know what I know - why don't you fill in the rest?
axlschild
Headliner

..when your taking to yourself..and nobody's home

« Reply #808 on: October 11, 2004, 04:17:28 PM »

http://www.tophitsonline.com/newreleases.htm

i know this doesn't help us at all but thought some people might wanna see it...

hang in there fellow gunners, it'll come out eventually...

Roll Eyes

Don't play your guitar when your talking to me...

Milton Keynes '93
Leeds '02
Download '06
Sheffield '06
Nottingham '06
Leeds '10
Birmingham '12
Suede
Opening Act

I've been walkin' the streets at night...

« Reply #809 on: October 11, 2004, 04:25:48 PM »

I used to love Axl, but his ego has taken over. Velver Revolver is what I listen to now days... and don't know about you guys, but I was angry when I saw what GnR had become...
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #810 on: October 11, 2004, 04:32:17 PM »

http://www.tophitsonline.com/newreleases.htm

i know this doesn't help us at all but thought some people might wanna see it...

hang in there fellow gunners, it'll come out eventually...

Roll Eyes

it depends on where they got the info! If they got it from the Tommy stinson concert reviews, then this is no more intresting then what we already know!

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
Suede
Opening Act

I've been walkin' the streets at night...

« Reply #811 on: October 11, 2004, 04:40:29 PM »

I love Axl, I mean he used have vocals like no other. But when I hear him on the MTV 2002 I was chocked, he sounded like somebody had busted his balls, like a metal-singer. Too fuckin bad! And the sound was kind of strict, I didn't like it at all, there was a kind of pop-sound about it. For me there is no Guns N Roses without Slash and Duff.  As most of us I would like to see a reunion, but I doubt it will ever happen.
Anyway, I really hope that Axl could but something good together, and get his voice working again. Slash and the other wouldn't mind at all, they go a great thing going with Velver Revolver.  Though I think that Axl should change name on his band!
GnFnR87
Legend

GNR FOREVER!!!! AXL'S THE BEST!!!!!!!!!

« Reply #812 on: October 11, 2004, 04:58:00 PM »

if u scroll to the bottom for the late 2004/early 2005 it lists Guns N' Roses-Chinese Democracy, guess thats just from all the rumors as well as the VH1 Behind the Music announcement right?

sorry that sounds kinda like a dumb question, i dont think anyone has any idea whats going on with this record, and wont until we hear an official release date announcement Cry

Shows:?? 5/17/06 @ Hammerstein, 11/10/06 @ MSG
It's so close..... i can feel it.....
The Estranged MrFlashbax
VIP

The Tranquil Jester

« Reply #813 on: October 11, 2004, 05:44:20 PM »

It's not that I'm a hardcore Rolling Stones' fan, let's just take it as example. The Stones' line-up changed several times through the years. But 3 guys are there from day one : Jagger, Richards and Watts. Nobody nor in the 70', nor in the 80', either the 90' called the band the New Rolling Stones when the line-up changed. It would have sounded ridiculous. As long Jagger & Richards are in the band everybody else can leave, even Watts. Because Jagger & Richards WROTE ALMOST ALL THE SONGS. If one of them left, it would be the end of the Stones. Everybody knows that. Jagger & Richards don't like each other very much, but things and life are like that... Stones' fans never bought gladly Jagger's solo albums 'cause they were aware that if the albums were too successful, Jagger would have started a solo career... FANS RULE ! Like it should always be !It looks like Axl ignored all that... Sad. For us, but for him too. Did Axl write ALL the GNR songs ? Of course not. That means he can't be GNR. GNR was bigger than him.

slash? as much as i'd like that, slash didnt make gnr either, if you go by the definition u just gave.. it was axl and izzy.. slash was neither a founding member nor was he a major song writer..

Thanks 2 those who went 2 Mustang Harry's on May 12th. That made my first concert experience something I'll never forget. Never did I feel like I fit in anywhere as much as I did amongst you strangers
Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #814 on: October 11, 2004, 08:44:26 PM »

slash was neither a founding member nor was he a major song writer..

Founding member isnt very relevant...ask Tracii Guns.  Slash not a major songwriter?  Huh 
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #815 on: October 11, 2004, 08:47:17 PM »

Slash not a major songwriter?? Huh?

Depends who you compare to, check the UYI credits. The name Stradlin is more prominent than Slash.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #816 on: October 11, 2004, 10:32:50 PM »

Slash not a major songwriter?? Huh?

Depends who you compare to, check the UYI credits. The name Stradlin is more prominent than Slash.

Just looking at UYI I, Slash has 6 writing credits, Izzy has 8.? Izzy has 4, Slash has 3 on UYI II, giving Izzy 3? more credits than Slash overall...Hardly what Id call a significant difference, and to diminish Slashs importance by not calling him a major songwriter, or comparing him to Izzy is kind of silly, dont you think?? Saying that Slash wasnt a major part of GNR, whether youre singling out songwriting or not, is blatantly illogical.

Not to mention that the songwriting credits arent as cut and dry as they appear.? Many times, Slashs solos are a very prominent part of a song that he technically recieved no credit for.? For example, many fans love the "killer guitar melodies" on "Estranged" that Axl thanked Slash for, yet Slash isnt credited as a songwriter.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2004, 10:46:12 PM by Booker Floyd » Logged
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #817 on: October 12, 2004, 01:09:21 AM »

Many times, Slashs solos are a very prominent part of a song that he technically recieved no credit for.
The way Axl never gets credit for actually pushing SLash to make those types of melodies and styles such as SCOM.

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #818 on: October 12, 2004, 02:10:32 AM »

Many times, Slashs solos are a very prominent part of a song that he technically recieved no credit for.
The way Axl never gets credit for actually pushing SLash to make those types of melodies and styles such as SCOM.

confused

Right...

Writing and playing music vs. "pushing" someone to write that music.? Valid comparison? Roll Eyes

Actually no, its not, and its beside the point.?
Taz
Banned
Headliner

Axl forever

« Reply #819 on: October 12, 2004, 03:39:09 AM »

The fact that I disagree with Axl's choices does not mean I hate him. On the contrary, I think Axl is surrounded by too many people who are just yes-men and yes-women (and who would never be sincere). They are milking him and they are afraid to lose their fuckin' jobs... Axl needs people who tell the TRUTH, who would tell him when he's doing mistakes (like letting Slash go) and would give him good pieces of advice.

Besides, if you say Slash ain't a major songwriter, I could say the same about Axl because most of his contributions to UYI were lyrics not melodies... OK, he's done probably most of the ballads melodies, but he didn't write the rock 'n' roll songs. And this will be the problem with the "Chinese Demo." album : ballads or mid-tempo tunes will sound great (Madagascar, The Blues) and heavy stuff really bad (Oh my god, Silkworms, Chinese Demo., Riyad and B.)...
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 374 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: