Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 22, 2024, 07:20:24 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228489 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  The CD release date rumor / speculation thread
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 374 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The CD release date rumor / speculation thread  (Read 640923 times)
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #780 on: October 02, 2004, 06:30:08 PM »

I would think November is when we hear something since most likely we are looking at a February action, if ever.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
Gordi
« Reply #781 on: October 04, 2004, 09:24:21 AM »

As far as I'm concerned they've had their chance. I mean I always see people saying "I'll give them until november" that was last year. I for one am sick to death of being treated like a dog and being thrown scraps to chew over. Like that "stay tuned for information on chinese democracy coming soon" well I did...and nothing happened. In fact it was taken off the site! seriously come on...
Buddha_Master
Legend

Real men use fists!

« Reply #782 on: October 04, 2004, 11:48:22 AM »

Seriously? You being serious dude?

Man, I have been waiting as long as the next motherfucker. I have had the feelings many like yourself have colorfully illustrated about the CD no show. But you know...its the same, and shit don't change. I mean this crazy as trip called life.

Yea we dont have the CD. Yea it sucks, because music is very important. But, there is nothing we can do about it. Saying CD is going to be too little too late too salvage the ever increasing casualties that made up the fanbase, is nonsense. You really believe yourself when you think that? You really going to pretend that if CD comes out in 2010 that you aren't going to get it. That in years to come you miraculously are going to feel like listening to the music that will be on Chinese Democracy?

I want to hear it bad. But there is too much shit goin on. Too much business that needs to be taken care of. So whenever the fuck the album drops, it will hopefully, be when its ready, and when its time. Something this special shouldn't come out one day before its ready.

Take the videogame Half-Life 2 for instance. The developers always get asked when the shit will be released. There answer is always "When its done." I think we can give Axl and GNR a little slack if a videogame company is given this kind of luxury.

We have to take care of business first and foremost. When CD is done we will have it. At this point, I think if we are all being honest, we wouldn't want it any other way.

Now... have a bowl and chill, 'till the next episode.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2004, 11:49:55 AM by Buddha_Master » Logged

I DON'T NEED TO BELIEVE IN A GOD
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #783 on: October 05, 2004, 12:28:10 AM »

I hope we don't get an official release date only to have it pushed back. That hasn't happened yet.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
AxlFink
VIP

thelesserkings.com

« Reply #784 on: October 05, 2004, 01:53:07 PM »

other than the bumblefoot guy who I think is really good.....  things have been far too quiet.  Not even any good one post wonders with a release date rumor.  One minute there's a million rumors and band members with their release date predictions and the next minute there's silence.
Taz
Banned
Headliner

Axl forever

« Reply #785 on: October 06, 2004, 09:09:36 AM »

Geffen Records is not interested in the release of the album.
DemocracyRose
« Reply #786 on: October 06, 2004, 09:33:35 AM »

A you know that for a fact??? Huh hihi
Taz
Banned
Headliner

Axl forever

« Reply #787 on: October 06, 2004, 09:42:16 AM »

A you know that for a fact??? Huh hihi
Of course. It's pretty clear, I think !
takeshi
« Reply #788 on: October 06, 2004, 01:01:50 PM »

So, you think a Geffen executive is sitting in a meeting saying, "we've spent $13 million on the new Guns N' Roses album but that's no big deal, we're not in this business to make money.  I think we should keep on pouring money into this black hole and not worry about a release date.  After all it's only money."

His ass would be fired.

They need a GN'R album to be released to get back some of the money they've spent.   That is probably the main reason they forced the release of the GH.  Guns N' Roses is a hugely reconisable brand name and it's a revenue stream that the record company cannot ignore. 
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #789 on: October 07, 2004, 12:00:56 AM »

We have heard rumors of friction between the label and management. I wouldn't be surprised to hear about a lawsuit if Geffen feels the album isnt nearing release.

vAnZ3PPeLiNrOsE
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #790 on: October 07, 2004, 01:00:42 AM »

obviously vh1 feels bad for telling something they know is wrong. Just see one of their commercials. "If you were waitin for Guns N' Roses new album, back in 1997 you slipped and fell in a time portal to 2014" or something like that. I give vh1 no credibilaty.
Taz
Banned
Headliner

Axl forever

« Reply #791 on: October 07, 2004, 08:14:22 AM »

There's some people who were living in Mars for the last 3 or 4 years... Axl words during the August 2002 London concert : "The album has been completed, but if you want a release date, just ask to the record company !"
I know that Geffen spent money in the album, but if the company releases the album, it will have to pay several millions of dollars to Axl as an advance... The deal is not profitable anymore. Source : Alan Niven, former GN'R manager !
« Last Edit: October 07, 2004, 08:20:09 AM by Taz » Logged
axlschild
Headliner

..when your taking to yourself..and nobody's home

« Reply #792 on: October 07, 2004, 08:44:39 AM »

Hi

I know I'm new but, I though I'd vent anyway...

Ok so there are those who are pissed that the new cd, tour, band, seems to be at a stand still. Lets face it though, as has been stated here before, anyone who is still actively waiting for "ChDem" is not gonna fuck off now. 10 years or another 10 it's still gonna fly out of shops, websites and where you can get it. "Oh it's not really Guns" or "Axl and a bunch of nobody's", we've all heard it before. Bet your mate that said that to you, will be asking to borrow the cd when it comes. Some day it's coming out, whether it be an official release or bootleg/download, it will come. Sure it will get slated by loads of shitty mags cos they are all pissed at Axl cos he's said nothing for years. Who can blame him, for the past few years all they have talked about is "how crazy is Axl" or "he's let down the fans" All Bullshit. You bet when that cd does finally drop they are all so far up his ass it's not true. They'll think it's the second coming. I just hope they stay out of Kerrang, that is not a rock mag. no
 What ever happened to the recording of a video for the first single. I think "Catcher in the Rye". If it happened surely there are pics? Huh It couldn't of been that secure that someone didn't get at least a mobile phone shot!
 Look at the VR cd, sales have been v good, the new GnR cd will surely do as well if not better. So there is money in it for Geffen.
 Next excuse for the next delay??? Bumblefoot joins the band and he is re-doing some guitar parts...another 3 months wait. drool
Anyway I've intruded on your lives enough...
 No single 'till next summer, album drop next sept/oct. Thats my guess. Hope I'm wrong though. Still when ever it comes I'll be up at midnight waiting out side HMV, just like i did for UYI 1&2...sad yes, but happy too.

Steven's cd will be out first, I'm sure that will keep me going...Jizzy is right up there with Axl & Bach !

Don't play your guitar when your talking to me...

Milton Keynes '93
Leeds '02
Download '06
Sheffield '06
Nottingham '06
Leeds '10
Birmingham '12
Taz
Banned
Headliner

Axl forever

« Reply #793 on: October 08, 2004, 04:00:21 AM »

Guns N'Roses fans showed to Axl what they thought of his new band during the 2002 US Tour... It will be even worse the next time, if there is a next time.
KaptainKuntra
Rocker

Tres Bizzare, non?

« Reply #794 on: October 08, 2004, 05:12:07 AM »

Did Axl say the CD was finished and in the hands of the Record Company at London in 2002? I was there and didn't hear that. He did say that it would have 18 songs on it and a bonus of another 10 or something but nothing about it being finished as far as I can remember.
KaptainKuntra
Rocker

Tres Bizzare, non?

« Reply #795 on: October 08, 2004, 07:14:41 AM »

Also, in reply to Taz's post, isn't the advance usually given to the artist prior to starting an album in order to pay for recording time, production mixing etc?
Izzys Amp
Opening Act

I'm a llama!

« Reply #796 on: October 08, 2004, 07:48:42 AM »

In an interview in Classic Rock magazine Moby stated that there was a "completed" version of the album in 1998, he should know he produced it, so don't hold your breath for the album to ever be released. Axl will always find an excuse to make sure it doesn't happen and he will never accept responsibility for the fact that Chinese Democracy will never happen
Taz
Banned
Headliner

Axl forever

« Reply #797 on: October 08, 2004, 07:57:13 AM »

I know what I heard 'cause I attended the London concert and there are reviews which tell the same thing. The album has been done since summer 2002. You may like it or not !
Mr Cowbell ?
Legend

HTGTH Powerslam Champion / Former WWE Game Champ

« Reply #798 on: October 08, 2004, 09:17:47 AM »

I love Axl as much as the next guy, but having sympathy for that devil is running out, I know it sounds kinda bad but I hope Axl either releases CD or just drops Dead. If he drops dead we will be getting new albums every 2 years like a Jeff Buckley or Jimi Hendrix or Tupac like thing. So as soon as the red haired devil expires we will get CD.

Ron Jeremy - BEND OVER.
KaptainKuntra
Rocker

Tres Bizzare, non?

« Reply #799 on: October 08, 2004, 09:17:55 AM »

If the CD is finished then why was Bumblefoot asked to record more guitar? I'm pretty sure if it was finished it would be released.
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 374 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: