Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 22, 2024, 03:44:37 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228489 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  The CD release date rumor / speculation thread
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 374 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The CD release date rumor / speculation thread  (Read 640840 times)
SLCPUNK
« Reply #720 on: September 14, 2004, 07:49:05 PM »

What do you expect?

Last year Dizzy made the same style of comments.....and nothing happened then either.
I don't know about you but I rather enjoy what little info I get directly from the horses mouth.

me 2.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #721 on: September 14, 2004, 08:03:52 PM »

I still don't get it.

The "let's e-mail Sanctuary and they'll tell us when it's coming out" thing.

How many times how you gotten news directly from them just by asking? And how many times have you gotten news from them by them telling us something when they're ready?

Remember the 2002 tour announcements?

I'm gonna make a wild guess here, but when there's a release date, I think they'll send out a press release to the media. Somebody will probably post it on this board and that's how we'll hear about it.

I don't think Tina will reply to an e-mail saying "yeah, the rumor about the release date on the XXth is true. But don't tell anybody because we'll announce it in a few weeks".  hihi

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #722 on: September 14, 2004, 10:52:41 PM »

jarmo, i don't think anyone who emails sanctuary expects a direct answer; it's more of an indirect statement which alludes to when an announcement could occur or when the band will reconnect. Any shred or slip....i mean, why not?

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
youngerformofaxl
« Reply #723 on: September 15, 2004, 02:25:51 PM »

jarmo, i don't think anyone who emails sanctuary expects a direct answer; it's more of an indirect statement which alludes to when an announcement could occur or when the band will reconnect. Any shred or slip....i mean, why not?

Exactly!

Also, by posting to Sanctuary or Geffen or Interscope and inquiring about it, we can lets those record people know that there is still valid interest in this thing so AXL SHOULD HURRY THE FUCK UP and release Chinese D.

But, that's just my opinion, others my disagree.
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #724 on: September 16, 2004, 11:23:12 AM »

I don't think Azl needs some fans telling him to hurry up, he knows that.
Anyways, Dizzy said the new target is February. Who wanna bet that it will be March in a few weeks?  Undecided

coolman78SLASH
VIP

You gotta have balls man-Tony Montana-Scarface

« Reply #725 on: September 16, 2004, 11:36:51 AM »

The GnR camp are ust keepin' the interest for the group by always leaving rumours about releases, problems or whatever, but it's gettin' kinda old now, and they better make it sooner than later, and the album better not suck. Their names and credebileties relies on it..

GnR June 10th 1993
Slash’s Snakepit June 24th 1995
Velvet Revolver August 13th 2004
GnR June 28th 2006
Slash & friends  June 30th 2009
GnR June 15th 2022
GnR June 23. 2023
norway
What if Axl?s name was skogsal...
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #726 on: September 17, 2004, 04:41:36 AM »

february

Here 2day gone insane coffee

Quote from: Wooody
Burgers can be songs, they don't know who to credit?
Quote from: ppbebe
hi you got 2 twats right?
Sterlingdog
« Reply #727 on: September 17, 2004, 11:25:04 AM »

I have a question for all of you "old-timers" on this board....

I have checked this site sporatically over the past 2 or 3 years just to see if there was news, I never really followed the message board.? What caused me to start looking more often was just a general idea that there was something going on.? I can't specifically say what I heard or when, just a lot of little mentions in the news, etc.?

So my question for those of you that have followed all the rumors over the past few years, do you think this year is any different in either the quality or quantity of the information?
fixintodie
« Reply #728 on: September 17, 2004, 11:30:42 AM »

The CD is on itss way to mastering. This is according to two band members. So recordings done, and the album will be 100% ready in a month or so. It doesn't get closer than this.
DemocracyRose
« Reply #729 on: September 17, 2004, 11:46:02 AM »

The CD is on itss way to mastering. This is according to two band members. So recordings done, and the album will be 100% ready in a month or so. It doesn't get closer than this.

I think, we will be a little bit closer, if we get a release date... yes
Eazy E
Backstreet's back
Legend

« Reply #730 on: September 17, 2004, 11:52:34 AM »

I was just reading the news posted on MuchMusic's website and noticed a link on the side that said, "New Guns N' Roses Record In 2005?"...  Here's the article (which has a Tommy quote that's already been posted -  the article where they call him the Drummer):

http://jam.canoe.ca/JamMusic/sep10_gunners-sun.html

It's called "Guns Take Aim"

... I know it's death sentence to be optimistic with regards to GN'R, but this is the most confident I've felt about the CD's release since that November release date last year.
DemocracyRose
« Reply #731 on: September 17, 2004, 11:58:48 AM »

From the front page of the rumorboard (closed).

The Board has been closed

Universal have confirmed they are in negotiations for a November announcement

Dizzy Reed has confirmed that Gnr are aiming for a February release...

Huuuuhh???
Sterlingdog
« Reply #732 on: September 17, 2004, 12:27:46 PM »

Sounds like someone over there is taking the rumors seriously.  Seems a little odd though, that they would close the board until something actually happens.  But I've never been to that site, I don't know how they usually run things.
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #733 on: September 17, 2004, 12:34:05 PM »

Sounds like someone over there is taking the rumors seriously.? Seems a little odd though, that they would close the board until something actually happens.? But I've never been to that site, I don't know how they usually run things.

I am not 100 percent sure how they do things, but from what I understand is they hear rumors, post things they've heard involving gnr, and try to track down reliable sources to prove them true or false.

I've never been a fan of this type of stuff because people post the rumors on other boards and somehow people start believing these things.. Besides if some news is true then we'll find out anyways because it will be on official rock news sites..
estranged.1098
« Reply #734 on: September 17, 2004, 12:37:05 PM »

The Board has been closed

beer
Sterlingdog
« Reply #735 on: September 17, 2004, 04:03:17 PM »

Anybody know what Universal has to do with G N' R?? Do they do promotion or something, because I can't remember hearing them mentioned before.
Acquiesce
VIP

« Reply #736 on: September 17, 2004, 04:19:57 PM »

I have a question for all of you "old-timers" on this board....

So my question for those of you that have followed all the rumors over the past few years, do you think this year is any different in either the quality or quantity of the information?

In my opinion, there isn't much that seperates these current rumors from the past to make me get my hopes up. Last year is a perfect example. We had Tommy claiming the album was almost done and would be out by the end of the year. He was claiming the band would be get back together for rehearsals in September. We had Dizzy making similar claims. On top of that, MTV reported that Axl had played the new album at a strip joint and there was the infamous IRS incident. Everyone was so certain that all of this meant the album was to be released last year, but it's one year later and we're still discussing the same sort of rumors. I won't be shocked if we're sitting here  in January discussing CD's possible summer release.
youngerformofaxl
« Reply #737 on: September 17, 2004, 04:26:26 PM »

I woulden't be too suprised if we're all still here next summer and we're talking about a Christmas 2005 release.

However despite that, I think we will see it before next summer.
GnFnR87
Legend

GNR FOREVER!!!! AXL'S THE BEST!!!!!!!!!

« Reply #738 on: September 17, 2004, 04:29:32 PM »

i dunno, the way tommy has been running his mouth off about it, and the fact that we're pretty sure that its mastering, im lookin' at a definite early 2005 release, hopefully JANUARY!!!

Shows:?? 5/17/06 @ Hammerstein, 11/10/06 @ MSG
It's so close..... i can feel it.....
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #739 on: September 17, 2004, 05:01:26 PM »

Anybody know what Universal has to do with G N' R?? Do they do promotion or something, because I can't remember hearing them mentioned before.

Geffen Records and Interscope are both part of the Universal Music Group.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 374 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: