Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 21, 2024, 07:31:11 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228487 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  The CD release date rumor / speculation thread
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 374 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The CD release date rumor / speculation thread  (Read 640584 times)
Lesty
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #580 on: August 13, 2004, 09:26:45 AM »

I understand what Sadis is saying, but my point was that being that this CD has been the subject of so much mystery and anticipation over the past 7 years, it already has plenty of "hype" built into it. When a Press Release comes out, everyone will be reporting it.
Word will spread quickly....All music fans will have some kind of curiousity, so the bottom line will obviously be the music. If the lead single is a monster, and radio/MTV take a liking to it, I think the GnR machine will roll without doing a ton of media appearances or interviews several weeks before the release.

GnFnR87
Legend

GNR FOREVER!!!! AXL'S THE BEST!!!!!!!!!

« Reply #581 on: August 13, 2004, 09:41:36 AM »

I understand what Sadis is saying, but my point was that being that this CD has been the subject of so much mystery and anticipation over the past 7 years, it already has plenty of "hype" built into it. When a Press Release comes out, everyone will be reporting it.
Word will spread quickly....All music fans will have some kind of curiousity, so the bottom line will obviously be the music. If the lead single is a monster, and radio/MTV take a liking to it, I think the GnR machine will roll without doing a ton of media appearances or interviews several weeks before the release.

that is so true, once there is an official release date, all hell will break loose

Shows:?? 5/17/06 @ Hammerstein, 11/10/06 @ MSG
It's so close..... i can feel it.....
madagas
« Reply #582 on: August 13, 2004, 09:44:16 AM »

Agree. The first single has to be the BEST song they have recorded. They will get all the press they need. If the single is lukewarm, you can forget about huge sales. The album could still be incredible and NOT have any truly good singles. Unfortunately, strong singles drive sales as evidenced by AFD.  Tongue Tongue Tongue
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #583 on: August 13, 2004, 01:26:50 PM »

I disagree with Buddah and agree with Lesty.? I don't think we HAVE to hear by the end of August.? I think, with this album, you could push it to the last possible second (the announcement of a release date) and they'd do just fine.

That's what Buddah said... switch them names around brotha.

Um..no it's not.  Buddah said if we haven't heard by mid-August, no November release.

Lesty said he thinks they could delay until early October-ish.

I said, I disagree with Buddah, and agree with Lesty. I DON'T think we HAVE to hear by the end of August.  Smiley

Names are in the right order. It's all good!  ok

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
ccorn69
VIP

Dreaming and waiting

« Reply #584 on: August 13, 2004, 01:46:02 PM »

I think that an anoucenment for a release date will give it a lot of hype but that hype wont be enough it will need good music.  VR got a lot of hype but if there music wasnt good it wouldnt go anywhere so I think that if the music isnt good on CD and there are no strong singles then cd will flop and axl will just become a joke to the industry.

peace peace

Thats not Stardust on my feet...
Mr Cowbell ?
Legend

HTGTH Powerslam Champion / Former WWE Game Champ

« Reply #585 on: August 13, 2004, 02:59:43 PM »

You got to remember most CD's are bought by the younger generation. That's why rap cd's sell so well, I can't picture a 40 year old man pulling up in his minivan to get the newest cd by Outkast.  The name AXL ROSE and GNR are very reconizable, but they will need lots of promotion. Just the fact that its been hyped and talked about for a decade doesnt mean it will sell well.  Their 2002 tour was their first american tour in almost a decade and that didnt drive out sell out crowds to all their shows.  There are alot of us fans who have been waiting that will buy the album no matter what. But they are gonna need promotion and interviews so that the younger, non GnR harcore fans, can get interested. If they cant get the 15-25 age group interested then the sales of CD won't be big, and I am sure that is what Axl is worried about. Sure they were the biggest band on earth at one time, along time ago, many of their teenaged fans have grown up and had families and may not be interested in their new music or have other things on their mind then the New CD. 

IF there is no huge promotion, then CD wont hit #1

Ron Jeremy - BEND OVER.
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #586 on: August 14, 2004, 03:31:26 PM »

Seeing how well VR sold, I can't imagine GnR not doing the same. Of course it will be promoted; don't worry yourself about that.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
axl1962
Opening Act

I'm a llama!

« Reply #587 on: August 15, 2004, 12:20:20 AM »

The GNR rumour board is saying Geffen tenatively has Chinese Democracy slated for a Nov 30 release.  With word coming from the GNR camp or Geffen coming around Aug 28.  I was just wondering I think the MTV awards are on Aug 29, Maybe there will be a commercial promoting the impending release of CD.  This would be the most opportune time to do so.  Just wondering if Mysteron or anyone could shed some light on the subject?
tp4ever84
Headliner

GNR For Fucking Ever

« Reply #588 on: August 15, 2004, 02:18:38 AM »

well at least the 30th is a tuesday.  Hopefully your right, but I don't believe anything regarding gnr anymore.   At least we will find out soon if your right or not the 28th is only two weeks away.   peace

GNR for fucking ever.
FragileVision
Opening Act

« Reply #589 on: August 15, 2004, 02:31:05 AM »

If we don't hear anything by the end of this month, then I'd say an November/December release is totally out of the question.

Interesting news though. Here's hoping it happens!

I'm holding out for March 2005 myself...  ok

I tried to see it your way...
mega_music
VIP

Chinese Democracy Is Coming Some Day!!!

« Reply #590 on: August 15, 2004, 05:31:55 AM »

If I remember right we have had the same kind of rumor, commercial threads, and etc since Guns performed at the 02 VMA's. I wouldnt go holding your breath for it.

Chinese Democracy is Coming Someday
-Trevor-
Dont Try Me
Life Without You
Legend

« Reply #591 on: August 15, 2004, 05:46:28 AM »

What some people totally forget is that (in my opinion) a single should be released before the album to draw attention and to sink in with the crowd. If we hear something about a single then the album will be round the corner. Not earlyer. Or am I off mark?

Guns N' Roses - Dessel (Graspop)- 24 juni 2012
Guns N' Roses - Rotterdam - 4 juni 2012
Guns N' Roses - Arnhem - 3 oktober 2010 - amazing!!!
Guns N' Roses - Nijmegen - 2 july 2006 - kickass!!!
Dave_Rose
VIP

Cheese Sandwich

« Reply #592 on: August 15, 2004, 07:57:52 AM »

I cant wait  Grin

EEEERRRR Little boy
Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #593 on: August 15, 2004, 08:07:24 AM »

I don't know if I should believe this or not...

Guess we'll have to wait and see... Wink

axl1962
Opening Act

I'm a llama!

« Reply #594 on: August 15, 2004, 01:34:48 PM »

On the GNR rumor board Geffen supposedly has CD slated for a Nov 30 release.  They said word will come from the GNR camp around the end of Aug.  Wondering if a commercial or something will appear for CD during the MTV awards on Aug 29.  What do you guys think?  That would be the time to get the ball rolling, hella viewers for that.
girlincarwithgnr
Headliner

genius loci, ingenius=Axl fuckin Rose!

« Reply #595 on: August 15, 2004, 01:59:37 PM »

On the GNR rumor board Geffen supposedly has CD slated for a Nov 30 release.? They said word will come from the GNR camp around the end of Aug.? Wondering if a commercial or something will appear for CD during the MTV awards on Aug 29.? What do you guys think?? That would be the time to get the ball rolling, hella viewers for that.

That will get me to watch!!! God I love that man! love

Sometimes I wanna kill
Sometimes I wanna die
Sometimes I wanna destroy
Sometimes I wanna cry
Sometimes I culd get even
Sometimes I culd give up
Sometimes I culd give
Sometimes I nevr give a fuck
FragileVision
Opening Act

« Reply #596 on: August 16, 2004, 12:40:15 AM »

Interesting. I'm really hoping that we hear something by the end of August... perhaps they'll use the VMA's as a vehicle to get things moving.

Here's hoping.  Smiley

I tried to see it your way...
youngerformofaxl
« Reply #597 on: August 16, 2004, 02:29:52 PM »

I'm back from Kansas City, baby Grin

Come on axl, deliver for us on the 30th of November, man!!!!!
tHeElEcTrIcSiNtAr
VIP

« Reply #598 on: August 16, 2004, 02:34:47 PM »

At the rumourboard they are saying that its more likely that its gonna come out in December or January now.
Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #599 on: August 16, 2004, 02:54:49 PM »

At the rumourboard they are saying that its more likely that its gonna come out in December or January now.

That's why it's called the rumourboard... Because they know shit about it...

Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 374 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: