Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 21, 2024, 07:41:28 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228487 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  The CD release date rumor / speculation thread
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 374 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The CD release date rumor / speculation thread  (Read 640604 times)
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #560 on: August 11, 2004, 07:28:13 PM »

So, am I right to infer that either by pilferk's or Lesty's assesment, if we don't hear anything by mid-October at the VERY latest, then we can consider November a total wash?

That's my impression, yes.

If we haven't heard by mid-October, at the VERY latest, I don't think we'll get anything in November, and I'd be surprised if we get anything in December, too... Not shocked, but surprised.  It just makes so much more sense to have it on shelves for Black Friday, all things considered.?

I disagree with Buddah and agree with Lesty.? I don't think we HAVE to hear by the end of August.? I think, with this album, you could push it to the last possible second (the announcement of a release date) and they'd do just fine.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2004, 07:30:00 PM by pilferk » Logged

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
Eazy E
Backstreet's back
Legend

« Reply #561 on: August 11, 2004, 07:50:29 PM »

I disagree with Buddah and agree with Lesty.? I don't think we HAVE to hear by the end of August.? I think, with this album, you could push it to the last possible second (the announcement of a release date) and they'd do just fine.

That's what Buddah said... switch them names around brotha.
the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #562 on: August 11, 2004, 07:58:07 PM »

All I know is that if ther album drops in November I will be getting a popsicle from Madagas.

He will be giving the rest of you a nice kiss on the ass.

While he's making the rounds we'd be able to enjoy CD!

The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.
oneway23
VIP

I've asphyxiated waiting...

« Reply #563 on: August 11, 2004, 08:16:44 PM »

All I know is that if ther album drops in November I will be getting a popsicle from Madagas.

Madagas doesn't have to be subjected to kissing my ass, just my ring

He will be giving the rest of you a nice kiss on the ass.

While he's making the rounds we'd be able to enjoy CD!
AxlFink
VIP

thelesserkings.com

« Reply #564 on: August 11, 2004, 09:41:16 PM »

when is the MTV music awards?
NickNasty
Tha Nastiest
VIP

Alive.

« Reply #565 on: August 12, 2004, 12:50:38 AM »

Thanks, Lesty and Pilferk. I'm betting that this will be stretched to the very end if they're planning a November release.

---Nick Nasty--

Boston, MA 12/2/02          Worcester, MA 11/8/06

Dublin, Ireland 6/9/06       E. Rutherford, NJ 7/23/2016
fixintodie
« Reply #566 on: August 12, 2004, 04:34:25 AM »

The best reason to leave announcing the date to the last minute would be to avoid yet another pushed back release if anything were to wrong. That would kill whatever reputation Guns have left.

IMO I think Axl and co are waiting until they are 100% sure that nothing can get in the way of it before announcing a November release.
Scabbie
Legend

Time is relative

« Reply #567 on: August 12, 2004, 08:22:37 AM »

Pilferk, when's black friday?

Here today...ready to rock
coondogg
Rocker

« Reply #568 on: August 12, 2004, 08:28:05 AM »

Black Friday is the day after Thanksgiving, which is the biggest shopping day of the year (in preparation for Christmas). It's 11/26, which would mean it should hopefully be out by the previous Tuesday, 11/23.
McGann
Haiku writing motherfucker
VIP

My hat is HEAVY-DUTY tinfoil

« Reply #569 on: August 12, 2004, 10:14:06 AM »

It's also important to remember that UYI was, at the time, arguably the most anticipated album in over 20 years.  The release date was not announced until about a month and a half before the actual album release...it essentially promoted itself.  While, at this point, Guns is not nearly as huge as it was in 1991, the internet can be used very effectively for marketing now, unlike then.

Pilferk and Lesty are correct, I think....mid-October at the latest.  I lean toward announcements mid-September, probably Wednesday, September 15th.

Because that's my birthday. Grin

I'll post my address for gifts, btw..... hihi

/Mike

"When fascism came to America, it was called 'Political Correctness' and waved a culturally relative flag."
-Mike McGann
MIIKA
Headliner

« Reply #570 on: August 12, 2004, 11:19:24 AM »

It`s Black Friday....Paint the devil on the wall (I wanted to post something)
Butch Français
Legend

« Reply #571 on: August 12, 2004, 11:29:01 AM »

I can save all of you the wait till mid-October or MTV awards or whatever, the album will NOT come in November. stop fooling yourself people, we won't see it in November and probably not at all. and don't come here with the "you think he's spent 50 years in the studio to NOT release the music he's made?"...short answer, YES!
I predict it will not be released in November, let's see what happens! Grin ok

of course there is no us and them, but them they do not think the same
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #572 on: August 12, 2004, 11:35:07 AM »

Axl seems afraid to release it. He is afraid of the critics...but at the same time it is THE occasion to proove he has always been the main man of the band.

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
GnFnR87
Legend

GNR FOREVER!!!! AXL'S THE BEST!!!!!!!!!

« Reply #573 on: August 12, 2004, 12:54:13 PM »

it will come out, Interscope will be/is on his ass about this, fuckin 13 milliion dollars were spent on it, it WILL come out. There has never been an OFFICIALLY announced release date, so just like it was said before, they are trying to make sure nothing will get in the way if a release date is finally announced. I mean, imagine if an official release date was announced and it was delayed/cancelled!!
« Last Edit: August 12, 2004, 12:56:28 PM by GnFnR87 » Logged

Shows:?? 5/17/06 @ Hammerstein, 11/10/06 @ MSG
It's so close..... i can feel it.....
SADIS
« Reply #574 on: August 12, 2004, 03:17:09 PM »

I think that alot of people here underestimate the amount of promotion CD will need.

GNR isn't relevant anymore. Velvet Revolver is doing pretty ok. Adler's Appetite is having fun. Plus there's a whole new generation that is not interested in rock at all(gangsta's/bitches etc.) and then there's a generation interested in rock but Goth-rock/Industrial/Nu-metal. They will need to do alot of promotion to get people interested in actually buying the album. Nowadays there's so many people downloading and stuff, it's hard to sell alot of copies of your album. Look at Madonna, she was even hot in 2000 but when her new album American Life was out in 2003 it totally flopped. And she was still relevant. Same for Michael Jackson, yes the hardcore fans buy it, but that doesn't make it a succes. He was the joke of the year.

They will get alot of attention though. But that will be attention that makes fun of them. Axl has a bad rep. Even (f)Eminem made fun of him at the Movie Awards. They need to be seen as "cool". And with Buckethead and Robin Finck I think it will be hard. I'm not sayin' that they aren't good musicians, I'm talking about promotion here. I think they will need to do major promotion if they still want to be seen as relevant.

But my personal opinion is that they should just release the album. Even if I'm the only person on earth who will buy it. I'd still be satisfied...........
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #575 on: August 12, 2004, 03:43:33 PM »

And that's Axls big concern "SADIS is satisfied!" yep thats the delay for CD he wants to make you happy!  hihi

BurningHills
Legend

Resurrection Joe

« Reply #576 on: August 12, 2004, 03:45:07 PM »

Keep the faith, folks.

November is the closest thing we've had to an actual release date since Dec. 3, 2002. I personally believe that we'll see it. Like the line at the end of the vid says: "There's alot goin' on"...I tend to agree.

Behind the Music mentioning a November release date, every news source mentioning a November release date, and talks of a Euro tour starting in December are all screaming "NOVEMBER, MOTHERFUCKERS!" to me.

The "November Rain" is goin feel oh-so-damn-good this year.  ok

-Jeff

05.15.06 - Hammerstein Ballroom - New York, NY
11.10.06 - Madison Square Garden - New York, NY
11.20.11 - Mohegan Sun Arena - Wilkes-Barre, PA
02.27.12 - Electric Factory - Philadelphia, PA
SADIS
« Reply #577 on: August 12, 2004, 04:48:05 PM »

And that's Axls big concern "SADIS is satisfied!" yep thats the delay for CD he wants to make you happy!? hihi

Ehm, what's your problem? Is it so hard to read? All I said was that I couldn't care less if they promote it or not, if they do heavy promotion or not, if they still will be relevant or not and so on....... Nowhere I said that all that matters for Axl is to make me happy. I would be happy if they just released it. Take your negative vibe somewhere else. We surely don't need it here.....
DemocracyRose
« Reply #578 on: August 13, 2004, 01:43:57 AM »

I think that alot of people here underestimate the amount of promotion CD will need.

GNR isn't relevant anymore. Velvet Revolver is doing pretty ok. Adler's Appetite is having fun. Plus there's a whole new generation that is not interested in rock at all(gangsta's/bitches etc.) and then there's a generation interested in rock but Goth-rock/Industrial/Nu-metal. They will need to do alot of promotion to get people interested in actually buying the album. Nowadays there's so many people downloading and stuff, it's hard to sell alot of copies of your album. Look at Madonna, she was even hot in 2000 but when her new album American Life was out in 2003 it totally flopped. And she was still relevant. Same for Michael Jackson, yes the hardcore fans buy it, but that doesn't make it a succes. He was the joke of the year.

They will get alot of attention though. But that will be attention that makes fun of them. Axl has a bad rep. Even (f)Eminem made fun of him at the Movie Awards. They need to be seen as "cool". And with Buckethead and Robin Finck I think it will be hard. I'm not sayin' that they aren't good musicians, I'm talking about promotion here. I think they will need to do major promotion if they still want to be seen as relevant.

But my personal opinion is that they should just release the album. Even if I'm the only person on earth who will buy it. I'd still be satisfied...........

You cant compares this to Madonna. She is always in the media and there is nothing mysterious about her anymore.

GNR was a very big band and still are.... And people still care. The fans has been waiting for C.D for nearly 10 years and i think many people are curious enough to buy it. Only because its GNR and its C.D...

When Axl gives us, a release date, i think hell will break lose.... Just a feeling...
SADIS
« Reply #579 on: August 13, 2004, 02:52:55 AM »

You cant compares this to Madonna. She is always in the media and there is nothing mysterious about her anymore.

GNR was a very big band and still are.... And people still care. The fans has been waiting for C.D for nearly 10 years and i think many people are curious enough to buy it. Only because its GNR and its C.D...

When Axl gives us, a release date, i think hell will break lose.... Just a feeling...

Mhm, I still doubt that. Especially looking at the way things are right now in the music industry. I work as an advertiser and I know how difficult it is to sell your product these days.

I know you can't compare GNR to Madonna. But you can compare Axl to Madonna. They are both icons, with a huge lead of people interested in what they do. I think that alone will raise huge interest in GNR. But people actually buying the album? I think they will need a "hit" to do so. They must look "cool". Just releasing an album won't be enough. They need a hype....

But hey, like I said "I think.."....don't know anything for sure so we'll just have to wait and see. I hope I'm wrong.
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 374 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: