Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 21, 2024, 07:03:52 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228487 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  The CD release date rumor / speculation thread
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 374 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The CD release date rumor / speculation thread  (Read 640556 times)
Ted Nugent
« Reply #520 on: August 04, 2004, 12:52:40 PM »

Given I don't understand how the music industry works, but I don't see why such a big deal is made out of other bands releasing material at the same time. Surely if the music is good enough the album will sell over time, regardless whether U2 or Tool release an album on the same date

I don't even know who Tool are...lol.  An album release from U2 is a big deal even if it won't be as good as Joshua Tree but as for the others guys, I thought that calling someone a tool was an insult? Roll Eyes
youngerformofaxl
« Reply #521 on: August 04, 2004, 12:58:20 PM »

You should really listen to Tool, the're great. There a metal band that is been around for a little while. You should go out and buy Aenima.

Back to GN'R, Tool really isn't good enough competition but U2 is.
Mr Cowbell ?
Legend

HTGTH Powerslam Champion / Former WWE Game Champ

« Reply #522 on: August 05, 2004, 01:50:17 AM »

Given I don't understand how the music industry works, but I don't see why such a big deal is made out of other bands releasing material at the same time. Surely if the music is good enough the album will sell over time, regardless whether U2 or Tool release an album on the same date

I don't even know who Tool are...lol.? An album release from U2 is a big deal even if it won't be as good as Joshua Tree but as for the others guys, I thought that calling someone a tool was an insult? Roll Eyes

First off the reason they dont want to go head to head with another big rock band is because the average fan might only be able to buy one record a week. When some stores charge up to $20 each its hard to buy a few in one week.

Secondly How can you now know who Tool is? Maynard James Keenan is a great vocalist and writer. Frontman of Tool and A Perfect Circle.

Ron Jeremy - BEND OVER.
madagas
« Reply #523 on: August 05, 2004, 08:26:25 AM »

Tool sold close to 800,000 records the first week for Lateralus...that would be SIGNIFICANT  competition. I don't see the new Gnr fanbase as being larger than Tool's existing fanbase, especially after the 2002 tour and VMA'S. Axl will be starting from scratch. I do think he has a rabid core group of fans still and it is a large group like Tools. However, Axl will have to have a great crossover record to approach his sales of prior albums. Lateralus only went on to sell 2 million copies. That could happen to Axl-huge first week sales-then a quick slow down. Why? Not because the music is weak, on the contrary, the music will be great. But, I have a feeling that, like Tool, it may be too hard and complex for your average fan to grasp-which is fine with me. Just my theory. Undecided
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #524 on: August 05, 2004, 08:48:09 AM »

Tool is started in 1989/1990 i think, so they are a few year younger then GNR. Would love to see Guns N Roses and Tool to tour together! That would be great!

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
PhillyRiot
I'm super, thanks for asking
Banned
VIP

Please Return to Philly

« Reply #525 on: August 05, 2004, 09:13:17 AM »

My prediction is either Tommy or Dizzy will add November and December tour dates, squashing any November release rumors.

I don't need the Internet to be a GNR fan.

www.myspace.com/earl31   Talk Radio Pranks
Will
An American in Paris
Legend

State of love and trust

« Reply #526 on: August 05, 2004, 10:14:24 AM »

Yeah...we're like August 5 now...if any album should be released in November, we would have heard something more concrete by now. They can't do a 2-weeks rush release thing, there's no way. The band came back in 2002, but we're like 2 years later, people need to be reminded about GN'R. About the NEW GN'R. The GH CD will not be enough.

younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #527 on: August 05, 2004, 10:18:17 AM »

IMo they have until mid september for a press release. If they plan on releasing the album in November that means we would get the single in mid October.

They will probably have a big press release announcing the future of GNR around that time{CD,single,video,tours,etc}. That leave plenty of time for an October single/video release and all the promo necessary for a November album release.

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
Will
An American in Paris
Legend

State of love and trust

« Reply #528 on: August 05, 2004, 10:20:56 AM »

I would have said late august, but mid-sept. could have been a possibility as well.

Since Brain is still recording percussions on the new album, as of yesterday, I don't see it happening that soon though.

Scabbie
Legend

Time is relative

« Reply #529 on: August 05, 2004, 12:24:18 PM »

I can't understand all of this.

Brain is still recording percussion? Fuck, I thought we were in the mixing stage! That certainly doesn't sound like a 'hair breadth'.

If the November rumour is bullshit, then why can't someone official just deny it publicly to the press???

Metal Hammer also mentioned the rumour in this months issue...which means that Kerrang, Classic Rock and Metal Hammer readers now think a nov release might be on the cards. Thats almost all of the rock press in the UK.

Here today...ready to rock
NickNasty
Tha Nastiest
VIP

Alive.

« Reply #530 on: August 05, 2004, 07:00:22 PM »

I can't understand all of this.

Brain is still recording percussion? Fuck, I thought we were in the mixing stage! That certainly doesn't sound like a 'hair breadth'.

If the November rumour is bullshit, then why can't someone official just deny it publicly to the press???

Metal Hammer also mentioned the rumour in this months issue...which means that Kerrang, Classic Rock and Metal Hammer readers now think a nov release might be on the cards. Thats almost all of the rock press in the UK.

-- As mentioned in other threads, adding 'precussion' may not be adding the same as adding entired drum parts. As also was discussed, we don't know for sure that other tracks have , already been mixed.

-- With the exception of a blurb on CNN mentioning the VH1 announcement. No major media outlet reported this as news, including the two largest wire services: AP and Reuters.

-- Metal Hammer, Kerrang, Metal Edge (in the US), et. al. make a living off reporting rumor, often without confirming it from multiple sources. no

In shirt, the fact that the word 'recording' is still being associated with this record is not a good sign...no denying it. But it doesn't discount a push-release in November or December. There is still talk of a European tour, and so far neither Stinson or Reed or Brain are booked past the end of October. So let's at least give it till the end of this month until we start playing chicken little about this year. Wink

---Nick Nasty--

Boston, MA 12/2/02          Worcester, MA 11/8/06

Dublin, Ireland 6/9/06       E. Rutherford, NJ 7/23/2016
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #531 on: August 05, 2004, 07:35:29 PM »

November is too soon but...around Christmas it may be possible...I would say late december.

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
oneway23
VIP

I've asphyxiated waiting...

« Reply #532 on: August 06, 2004, 03:26:06 PM »

My prediction is either Tommy or Dizzy will add November and December tour dates, squashing any November release rumors.

I agree..I'll take that one further and say we hear nothing until late Feb-early March;  Right on the money for my third week of May prediction......
madagas
« Reply #533 on: August 06, 2004, 03:31:28 PM »

As I said at the beginning of this thread, I will kiss everyone in this forums ass if this record is released in November. We are no closer now than we were in 2001 after Rio. Sad state of affairs. Sad
youngerformofaxl
« Reply #534 on: August 06, 2004, 04:03:13 PM »

As I said at the beginning of this thread, I will kiss everyone in this forums ass if this record is released in November. We are no closer now than we were in 2001 after Rio. Sad state of affairs. Sad

And do you know what's going on inside the studio/mixing room? We ARE closer than we were in 2001 especially since they are planning a european tour in December/January.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2004, 04:04:55 PM by youngerformofaxl » Logged
madagas
« Reply #535 on: August 06, 2004, 10:10:34 PM »

Hotshot, in Jan 2001, Axl himself said that a single would be released in the "spring" and the album out by June or July, 2001! Straight from Axl's mouth! Then, a Euro tour was booked and cancelled. This has happened 3 times so get your facts straight or........ confused confused confused confused confused confused
the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #536 on: August 06, 2004, 10:23:46 PM »

As I said at the beginning of this thread, I will kiss everyone in this forums ass if this record is released in November.Sad state of affairs. Sad

I'll settle for a popsicle, Madagas

The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.
DemocracyRose
« Reply #537 on: August 07, 2004, 04:35:03 AM »

And do you know what's going on inside the studio/mixing room? We ARE closer than we were in 2001 especially since they are planning a european tour in December/January.

Are they, really??? Undecided
« Last Edit: August 07, 2004, 04:37:40 AM by DemocracyRose » Logged
youngerformofaxl
« Reply #538 on: August 07, 2004, 11:43:35 AM »

Hotshot, in Jan 2001, Axl himself said that a single would be released in the "spring" and the album out by June or July, 2001! Straight from Axl's mouth! Then, a Euro tour was booked and cancelled. This has happened 3 times so get your facts straight or........ confused confused confused confused confused confused

This isn't straight from Axl's mouth but the set release date is still November 2004. Now, according to you, we are no closer than we were in 2001 and that is false and any GN'R fan could tell you that. What do you think that've been smoking a cigar this whole time?

Are they, really??? Undecided

Well, I can't confirm it 100 percent but there are plans for a european tour this December/January.beer
youngerformofaxl
« Reply #539 on: August 07, 2004, 11:45:07 AM »

By the way, within' the next 2 weeks, we will see who is right about this whole tour thing and (possibly) the release date of CD itself.

Please note, that this is my last day on here until about the 16th or 17th of August and then I'll be back.
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 374 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: