Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 21, 2024, 03:57:40 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228483 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  The CD release date rumor / speculation thread
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 374 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The CD release date rumor / speculation thread  (Read 640477 times)
oneway23
VIP

I've asphyxiated waiting...

« Reply #500 on: August 02, 2004, 11:36:18 PM »

If we don't see the album by November, we're looking at Feb. the earliest...The album has to be released by the third week of Nov in order to compete for John Q. Public's holiday buck, whereas the infamous "post-holiday" lull in the industry would suggest that all blockbuster releases don't see the light of day until end of Feb-early March....Been said before, just a reminder....
Mr Cowbell ?
Legend

HTGTH Powerslam Champion / Former WWE Game Champ

« Reply #501 on: August 02, 2004, 11:49:51 PM »

i know this has probably been talked about before but it drives me crazy, what i dont understand is y did Axl chose to perform at the 2002 MTV VMAs if Chinese Democracy wasnt gonna be out "soon"?? I mean he said he was gonna do more recording and American Leg of the tour, I mean the VMAs was perfect, national TV, big time exposure, showing the new gnr to the masses, he should have released the album around that time, then started the tour etc..

They did the VMA's to:

1) have fun? ok
2) promote the tour.

What is very important and some people don't realize is that the world must know what Guns N' Roses is like now before Chinese Democracy can be released. That's one of the reasons they toured around the world playing the old songs, at least that's my opinion.

That's why they should release a new DVD concert with the new band.

I agree also the VMA's were a good way to announce and promote their tour. The problem with their tour was they were playing huge arenas without a co-lining main event or another well liked band. If they tour with Weezer or Foo Fighters or a band around their size the tour would of been sold out. I also believe if that tour was all sold out CD might of been finished up and released the following spring

Ron Jeremy - BEND OVER.
DemocracyRose
« Reply #502 on: August 03, 2004, 07:40:25 AM »

I know recordstores isnt the most reliable source... But anyway i tried...

I have sent an email to a big recordstore(GUF) in Denmark...

Me: I have heard rumours about a november release for Chinese Democracy...

Can you comfirm that???

GUFs answer: No, not 100 %....

I have just emailed them back for more information...

BurningHills
Legend

Resurrection Joe

« Reply #503 on: August 03, 2004, 04:39:17 PM »

I wouldn't even consider TOOL competition for GN'R..

U2, maybe. So, I'm gonna guess you'll see it either a week before or after U2's release. I highly doubt we'd see it come out the same week as U2.

They would absolutely smoke TOOL out of the water though, easily.

-Jeff

05.15.06 - Hammerstein Ballroom - New York, NY
11.10.06 - Madison Square Garden - New York, NY
11.20.11 - Mohegan Sun Arena - Wilkes-Barre, PA
02.27.12 - Electric Factory - Philadelphia, PA
GnFnR87
Legend

GNR FOREVER!!!! AXL'S THE BEST!!!!!!!!!

« Reply #504 on: August 03, 2004, 05:24:38 PM »

this has probably been asked and answered somewhere on this message board, but WHERE the hell did VH1 get that info on Chinese Democracy?? How come they didnt like announce it on their site with a big article or something? why did they just like mention like its was no big deal and with no explanation on where they got it the info?

Shows:?? 5/17/06 @ Hammerstein, 11/10/06 @ MSG
It's so close..... i can feel it.....
Ted Nugent
« Reply #505 on: August 03, 2004, 07:48:14 PM »

i know this has probably been talked about before but it drives me crazy, what i dont understand is y did Axl chose to perform at the 2002 MTV VMAs if Chinese Democracy wasnt gonna be out "soon"?? I mean he said he was gonna do more recording and American Leg of the tour, I mean the VMAs was perfect, national TV, big time exposure, showing the new gnr to the masses, he should have released the album around that time, then started the tour etc..

They did the VMA's to:

1) have fun? ok
2) promote the tour.

What is very important and some people don't realize is that the world must know what Guns N' Roses is like now before Chinese Democracy can be released. That's one of the reasons they toured around the world playing the old songs, at least that's my opinion.

I agree also the VMA's were a good way to announce and promote their tour. The problem with their tour was they were playing huge arenas without a co-lining main event or another well liked band. If they tour with Weezer or Foo Fighters or a band around their size the tour would of been sold out. I also believe if that tour was all sold out CD might of been finished up and released the following spring

There are also other factors in the poor ticket sales for the last tour.  Axl has earned himself a pretty horrible reputation for showing up late or not showing up at all for shows.  The people who were teenagers back when AFD was released are now in their late 20's and 30's and have wives, jobs, kids and other important things going on in their lives.  Going to a concert is a big deal.  They have to take time off work, arrange babysitters and generally spend alot of hard earned money.  They WILL NOT buy tickets for Guns N' Roses if they think that Axl is going to start the show three hours late or not at all. 

At some point we're going to have to put aside our admiration of Axl and look at how bad things really are.  It doesn't take all this time to make an album if things are going well.  Maybe the material he has produced so far just isn't good enough, could that be the reason that on the last tour he relied so heavily on old material?  The Blues, Madagascar and Chinese Democracy are excellent songs but why wasn't he playing more new songs if as Brian May has claimed there are around 70 new songs written.  It just doesn't add up.  He could have played a new song at each show.

I'm been a fan of GN'R for a long time and i hope i'm wrong and that CD will be an amazing album and a huge success but Axl needs to produce a good album and tour or else he's going to turn into a joke.
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #506 on: August 03, 2004, 07:54:09 PM »

I think Axl has a lot of pressure that's why the album isn't out yet. He is afraid not to be a success album. But I do think it will be very, very successfull.

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
Mr Cowbell ?
Legend

HTGTH Powerslam Champion / Former WWE Game Champ

« Reply #507 on: August 04, 2004, 12:37:13 AM »

I think Axl has a lot of pressure that's why the album isn't out yet. He is afraid not to be a success album. But I do think it will be very, very successfull.
He has 100% creative control over GnR, I believe back in the day the others (Slash, Duff, other originals) Put pressure on Axl to get things done timely. Now I believe there is no one in the band pressuring him at all.

Ron Jeremy - BEND OVER.
SlashFan
« Reply #508 on: August 04, 2004, 02:08:24 AM »

He has 100% creative control over GnR, I believe back in the day the others (Slash, Duff, other originals) Put pressure on Axl to get things done timely. Now I believe there is no one in the band pressuring him at all.

You're right,there's probably no one in the band putting pressure on him,but I think Geffen Records have been,but then again if I had a band signed to my label I would want the record yesterday,but then you might have an album that really sucks,I'm not saying the album will suck,I think it will be great,there's just to much shit going on and that can keep albums from coming out. peace
Izzys Amp
Opening Act

I'm a llama!

« Reply #509 on: August 04, 2004, 05:23:32 AM »

Kerrang on sale today (wed 4th Aug) has a small interview with Tommy which he states  with regards to Chinese Democracy " it is a hair breath from being finished"
fixintodie
« Reply #510 on: August 04, 2004, 05:37:48 AM »

That was in last week's.
Izzys Amp
Opening Act

I'm a llama!

« Reply #511 on: August 04, 2004, 05:49:35 AM »

not last weeks, this is issue 1017 cover date AUGUST 07 2007 , interview on page 12 *GNR bassist lifts the lid on frontman Axl Rose"
Izzys Amp
Opening Act

I'm a llama!

« Reply #512 on: August 04, 2004, 05:51:24 AM »

er...actually August 07...2004 !!...not 2007
fixintodie
« Reply #513 on: August 04, 2004, 06:19:30 AM »

well, last week's had an interview with tommy in the 'shitlist' section, in which he made the exact same 'hairs breadth' comment...weird...is there anything new this week?
Scabbie
Legend

Time is relative

« Reply #514 on: August 04, 2004, 07:11:52 AM »

An article in this month's classic rock says that CD is reputed to be released in Nov.

There's also a great review of a VR concert in LA.

Here's still hoping...

Here today...ready to rock
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #515 on: August 04, 2004, 07:19:48 AM »

I wouldn't even consider TOOL competition for GN'R..

U2, maybe. So, I'm gonna guess you'll see it either a week before or after U2's release. I highly doubt we'd see it come out the same week as U2.

They would absolutely smoke TOOL out of the water though, easily.

-Jeff

Ehh..? Listen! If Tool release theyr new album around cristmas, like the plan is. I guess they will sell more records then GNR.
But i dont Concider Tool as a treath anyway. Coz people dont choose between Tool and GNR. Theyr in two different styles.
Me myself prefer Tool over GNR, but i guess thats why im beginning to get tierd of the old GNR albums. Tool is more like
artmetal/alternativemetal. GNR is Hardrock/Metal/

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
tHeElEcTrIcSiNtAr
VIP

« Reply #516 on: August 04, 2004, 07:30:25 AM »

They did the VMA's to:

1) have fun? ok
2) promote the tour.

There are also other factors in the poor ticket sales for the last tour.? Axl has earned himself a pretty horrible reputation for showing up late or not showing up at all for shows.? The people who were teenagers back when AFD was released are now in their late 20's and 30's and have wives, jobs, kids and other important things going on in their lives.? Going to a concert is a big deal.? They have to take time off work, arrange babysitters and generally spend alot of hard earned money.? They WILL NOT buy tickets for Guns N' Roses if they think that Axl is going to start the show three hours late or not at all.?

At some point we're going to have to put aside our admiration of Axl and look at how bad things really are.? It doesn't take all this time to make an album if things are going well.? Maybe the material he has produced so far just isn't good enough, could that be the reason that on the last tour he relied so heavily on old material?? The Blues, Madagascar and Chinese Democracy are excellent songs but why wasn't he playing more new songs if as Brian May has claimed there are around 70 new songs written.? It just doesn't add up.? He could have played a new song at each show.

No, the reason he probably didnt play a new song at each show is b/c he did not want to have all the new songs out for the public to listen before the album came out. Axl's a smart guy, he knows about bootlegging, so why would he want to play all the new songs at the concerts before the album was even out. He has all the hype about the album, and it would be thrown all away b/c everyone would have heard the new stuff from live bootlegs. There would be no hype anymore b/c everyone would have heard the material. And I think he is smart for doing that.
Ted Nugent
« Reply #517 on: August 04, 2004, 07:53:09 AM »

With the exception of hardcore GN'R fans, who is going to buy bootlegs of concerts?  It's not a really big market.  And the people who will buy a bootleg will also buy the album when it comes out.  I don't think it would have any serious impact on sales figures.  If Axl was concerned about that then he shouldn't have toured until the album was complete and then it wouldn't have been an issue.

At the moment the only hype around the album is people making jokes about the length of time he's been working on it and questions about if it ever will be finished.  There really isn't any positive hype in the media at the moment.  That may change if we get a release date then this long delay might actually do some good by making people want to buy the album just to hear what Axl has been working on for so long.
Scabbie
Legend

Time is relative

« Reply #518 on: August 04, 2004, 08:08:57 AM »

Given I don't understand how the music industry works, but I don't see why such a big deal is made out of other bands releasing material at the same time. Surely if the music is good enough the album will sell over time, regardless whether U2 or Tool release an album on the same date

Here today...ready to rock
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #519 on: August 04, 2004, 09:39:23 AM »

Given I don't understand how the music industry works, but I don't see why such a big deal is made out of other bands releasing material at the same time. Surely if the music is good enough the album will sell over time, regardless whether U2 or Tool release an album on the same date

Yepp, i agree with scabbie here.
the record sales dont mean anything to me,
but the music does!
 I mean, i really adore the way Tool has got so big. With almost no promotion, if u compare to other big bands.
I really good band dont need to much promotion. If i remember right, there was almost no promotion when AFD came out.
i think thats a qualety stamp!

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 374 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: