Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 21, 2024, 04:09:57 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228483 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  The CD release date rumor / speculation thread
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 374 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The CD release date rumor / speculation thread  (Read 640485 times)
Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #480 on: July 22, 2004, 05:49:22 PM »

Ill try to give that store a call soon and see if can find anything out, because I find it odd that 1) They described the new album as self-titled and 2) They would take reservations for a record that by all accounts is still unschedueled.  I suggest others give Sam Goody a call too, and see what they say.
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #481 on: July 22, 2004, 08:01:04 PM »

Well, if Sam Goody is saying something about a record, then the TransWorld (FYE, Strawberries, etc.) stores would likely be soon to follow, at least they were back in 2002. Undecided

I can say, without a doubt, that they haven't heard a thing about a release date (and I'm not talking about Sam Goody).  At least not as of this morning.

And that's all I'm gonna say about that.

Only going on precedent, pilferk, as an ex-TWEC employee. But, it's just a theory anyways, i'll take your word over my theory.  ok

I'm going by the word of someone who would be in a position to know the answer to the question, directly. Wink   I would agree with your theory, actually.  That's why I sent off the email this morning.  
 ok

And that really IS all I'm going to say about that!  I've no desire to get anyone in hot water.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
PeterCoffin
Rocker

don't wear floppy pants

« Reply #482 on: July 23, 2004, 09:19:43 PM »

We all know the title, but not the release date... These stores seem to have it backwards...

NickNasty
Tha Nastiest
VIP

Alive.

« Reply #483 on: July 24, 2004, 12:16:23 AM »

Fuck it, I will give the Sam Goody in Boston a call tommorrow  to see what is up!  ok

---Nick Nasty--

Boston, MA 12/2/02          Worcester, MA 11/8/06

Dublin, Ireland 6/9/06       E. Rutherford, NJ 7/23/2016
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #484 on: July 24, 2004, 11:55:50 AM »

I don't thinkt that a record store is privy to any information that we wouldn't hear soon enough. this is a lost cause. no release information exists.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
NickNasty
Tha Nastiest
VIP

Alive.

« Reply #485 on: July 24, 2004, 07:09:29 PM »

Have to agree with you KilligVector. Called the Sam Goody in Boston today (Saturday), and they had no information about a Guns N Roses album scheduled for release in November...so I don't know why they told your friend about it, Booker...unless some stores have other info than others, or someone was just pulling your friend's chain.

---Nick Nasty--

Boston, MA 12/2/02          Worcester, MA 11/8/06

Dublin, Ireland 6/9/06       E. Rutherford, NJ 7/23/2016
Eternal Flaming Sword of Death...
Rocker

What happened?

« Reply #486 on: July 26, 2004, 08:10:41 AM »

A friend of mine, whos actually not even much of a GNR fan, tells me that while purchasing a Metallica CD at Sam Goody, the clerk asked him, unprovoked, if hed like to reserve Guns N' Roses new self-titled album due November...Dont know exactly whats going on there.  Huh

A friend of mine also told me that the same thing. He said he was buyin' Velvet Revolver at Sam Goddy and the lady asked him if hewould like to pre-order the new Guns n Roses album. Then, my other buddy stopped in there to ask about it later and they said they didn't know anything. This was here in South Bend so who knows.....

Behold, the evil that men do...
DemocracyRose
« Reply #487 on: July 26, 2004, 12:41:04 PM »

I dont think we should get our hopes high on Record stores...

They cant and wont tells us anything.... Lips Sealed
Lesty
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #488 on: July 26, 2004, 01:30:06 PM »

Record store employees won't know anything yet. I found out (and posted) the original Nov. 25 GH release date last fall (I originally thought it was to be Chinese Democracy) because I work in advertising for a major retailer. I know the music buyers, who get the very latest info from all the label reps when they decide what music will be in our ad each week. I haven't heard anything yet, and I don't expect to for awhile. I'm not suggesting I'll break news of a release before anyone else, but it's not plausible for clerks at a record store to have secret info that nobody else in the business has.
Beholder
Opening Act

Turn around bitch I got a use for you

« Reply #489 on: July 30, 2004, 03:51:26 PM »

google confirms rumour...
type guns n roses...
it will appear:

Guns N' Roses Official Site
Includes news, tour dates and information on Chinese Democracy due November 2004.
www.gnronline.com/ - 2k - Cached - Similar pages

Just because you're winnin' don't mean you're the lucky ones
BaDoBsEsSiOn418
Rocker

Yowza!

« Reply #490 on: July 30, 2004, 05:42:46 PM »

Beholder, we know this already.  It's been discussed in various threads

Why's everybody so obsessed with the album?  Can't you just be happy that Axl gets to hang out with rich fashion designers? -MotherGooseLuvR
GnFnR87
Legend

GNR FOREVER!!!! AXL'S THE BEST!!!!!!!!!

« Reply #491 on: August 02, 2004, 02:56:39 PM »

hey isnt U2's cd supposed to be out this fall?? They still havent announced a release date. There stil is hope guys

Shows:?? 5/17/06 @ Hammerstein, 11/10/06 @ MSG
It's so close..... i can feel it.....
Will
An American in Paris
Legend

State of love and trust

« Reply #492 on: August 02, 2004, 03:00:06 PM »

Yeah, U2's Vertigo should be out sometime in November.

oneway23
VIP

I've asphyxiated waiting...

« Reply #493 on: August 02, 2004, 03:17:56 PM »

The most prolific U2 fan site on the web has the following info...

(07-12-2004) Exclusive: U2's European Release Date Confirmed -- Interference.com*
   Exclusive: U2's European Release Date Confirmed

Interference.com got the following e-mail from Universal France this morning about U2's upcoming album:

'Release date is confirmed for Europe on Nov 22nd. I've had absolutely no information or whatsoever regarding the us release date.'

Nov. 22nd is a Monday and typically CDs are released in the US on Tuesdays so the 23rd looks like a possibility stateside.

Stay tuned to Interference.com for more updates on the U2 album.
GnFnR87
Legend

« Reply #494 on: August 02, 2004, 04:59:13 PM »

i know this has probably been talked about before but it drives me crazy, what i dont understand is y did Axl chose to perform at the 2002 MTV VMAs if Chinese Democracy wasnt gonna be out "soon"?? I mean he said he was gonna do more recording and American Leg of the tour, I mean the VMAs was perfect, national TV, big time exposure, showing the new gnr to the masses, he should have released the album around that time, then started the tour etc..

Almost Famous
« Reply #495 on: August 02, 2004, 05:35:05 PM »

The most prolific U2 fan site on the web has the following info...

(07-12-2004) Exclusive: U2's European Release Date Confirmed -- Interference.com*
   Exclusive: U2's European Release Date Confirmed

Interference.com got the following e-mail from Universal France this morning about U2's upcoming album:

'Release date is confirmed for Europe on Nov 22nd. I've had absolutely no information or whatsoever regarding the us release date.'

Nov. 22nd is a Monday and typically CDs are released in the US on Tuesdays so the 23rd looks like a possibility stateside.

Stay tuned to Interference.com for more updates on the U2 album.

This is another reason why I like the date of November 16th. To release the record into the first week of December is too close the Christmas holidays. I would think that most people that do the gift-giving thing at the end of December have most of their gifts already purchased before November ends.

First week sales for Chinese Democracy are going to be absolutely huge, just based on hype alone (and every one of us buying a few copies for the car, home, etc). I would not worry about U2 stealing sales. If CD is awesome, it will continue to sell for a long time. The issue is with the timing of spending spree that is the post Thanksgiving weeks leading up to Christmas. I'm not so sure that the label would not drop two massively anticipated releases on the same day.

Maybe I'm way off but I think that if we don't see a release in November, we are going to be waiting until late January or February. Or we may just wait, period.

Sorry that my thoughts are not very well organized here. I've had a long day.
GnFnR87
Legend

« Reply #496 on: August 02, 2004, 05:54:21 PM »

yea, what a treat,  a new U2 and Guns album around the same time, my fingers are crossed

estranged.1098
« Reply #497 on: August 02, 2004, 10:37:14 PM »

i know this has probably been talked about before but it drives me crazy, what i dont understand is y did Axl chose to perform at the 2002 MTV VMAs if Chinese Democracy wasnt gonna be out "soon"?? I mean he said he was gonna do more recording and American Leg of the tour, I mean the VMAs was perfect, national TV, big time exposure, showing the new gnr to the masses, he should have released the album around that time, then started the tour etc..

They did the VMA's to:

1) have fun  ok
2) promote the tour.

What is very important and some people don't realize is that the world must know what Guns N' Roses is like now before Chinese Democracy can be released. That's one of the reasons they toured around the world playing the old songs, at least that's my opinion.
J?
Kid In The Hall
Banned
VIP

Here Since January 11th 2002

« Reply #498 on: August 02, 2004, 10:56:59 PM »

I was going to start a new thread about this but I thought no since it would be another thread started.

Anyhow with Guns N' Roses supposively rumoured to be releasing Chinese Democracy, wouldnt this be a bad move in November. Going up against U2 and TOOL (if they release their album then). But ya going up against U2, I couldnt see them even with like a very anticapated album crushing U2. Cause U2 is a very established band, and All That You Cant Leave Behind selled really well. Like if they dont release it the same week  it would be good but still they will be competing with them but ya.

I dont know if anyone else thought of that but ya I want GNR to do awesome but ya U2... Iunno

Fuck All Y'all
ClintroN
The board won't let me use a longer name than this!
Legend

Gimme some fuckin' Democracy

« Reply #499 on: August 02, 2004, 11:33:07 PM »

Think of it this way, U2 being told the news that the new album could possible be up against.......THE...CHINESE DEMOCRACY!!!!     AAAAAAHHHHHHHHH, i know U2 are the shit but c'mon, they could be shitting them selves ya know.

Thats my opinion but it would be better then going against eminem or some rap wanker, although i think eminem wouldnt have shit over GNR but people buy eminem because its rap and its eminem and its the thing and its...........you know how todays shit is!!

www.myspace.com/killmondays

GNR - Brizvegas - AUSTRALIA
June -19th 
         -20th, 2007
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 374 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: